• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OSU! TATAKAE! OUENDAAANNNN!!~~ (an iNiS fan thread)

Tain

Zeed said:
Plus the replay save and trading features, the Hidden Beat mode, improved image quality (Ouendan 1 looks like shit on a lite), and you have the absolute perfect refinement of the concept. What more could you possibly ask? Seriously. Why fix what's not broken?

If Ouendan 2 is "stagnation", then this industry could use a lot more stagnation in my opinion.

So you list a bunch of new features, only to then say that there weren't many monumental changes to the core of the game. I wasn't arguing that the game needed changing, just that the changes certainly weren't massive. Even by music game standards.

Vyse The Legend said:
The changes from Ouendan 1 are:
+Single-cart Multiplayer for up to 4 people (O1 required multi-carts); plus Coop and Competitive modes.
+Save Replays
+Better Charts
+Skippable intros, which if you had played Ouendan 1, you'd know it is massive. Try having to beat Ready! Steady! Go! more than a dozen times and having to sit through the long intro.
+More songs, including unlockable ones: 15 in O1, 19 in O2.
+New Unlockable Modes: hidden beats, for example.
+As Zeed mentioned, general refinements to the image quality.

I played Ouendan 1. I loved having skippable intros in EBA and Ouendan 2. I also know that it's not a massive change that I think the developers broke sweat over. You'd be kidding yourself if you said that list was a list of massive changes rather than minor tweaks.

CassSept

LOVE Ouendan 2. Best game on the DS!

S'd every song on highest difficulty with hidden notes there :D
Im trying to make a perfect attempt (100% 300 on highest difficulty with hidden notes) on any song, but that's close to impossible. Best song to do it is Glamurous Sky, which is both easy, but also great song with great rhythm placing. Closest i came to perfection was 1 x 100 >_<

Ilchymis

Nekobo said:
YES.

The PSP port is easier to play, thanks to the analog nub.

Needs a sequel.

My god this game is difficult! It made me happy when I finally gave it a shot a few months ago, mainly because I hadn't had the time to obtain Ouendan and felt that EBA was just a little off. There was just some magic involved with Ouendan for me, and it just wasn't quite there with EBA. I chalk most of it up to EBA's terrible soundtrack, and overall cheesy aestetic. OTO was just a bit more magical being in a language I didn't understand, with music I never heard, making up storylines in my head made it kind of a storybook that I could decide what was happening to at all times. It was just plain enjoyable. I need to give OTO2 a try, I'm sure I love it.

IIRC, the musical compression in EBA was far worse than OTO. I remember cringing a lot more often in EBA, but part of it may have been because I was forcing myself to tap my foot to an Ashley Simpson song. Bleeech.

Ilchymis said:
IIRC, the musical compression in EBA was far worse than OTO. I remember cringing a lot more often in EBA, but part of it may have been because I was forcing myself to tap my foot to an Ashley Simpson song. Bleeech.
Trust me, if you knew anything about the Japanese music in Ouendan, you'd be reacting the same way. People act like Ouendan's music is some sort of crazy awesome shit whereas EBA just took a ton of American pop crap, completely ignoring the fact that every single song in Ouendan is Japanese pop crap. Simple case of "I don't know what it is so it must be good!" syndrome, I say.

And I love that stupid Ashlee Simpson song; please don't confiscate my balls, guys. :(

Top Bottom