• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

This is super cool! I really like the art. I'm assuming PS4 only? Will definitely check it out either way when it comes out :) You've got some pretty big English VAs on board, I'm really impressed!

Thanks so much! :'D not much info on platforms right now, we're focused on PS4. I'm a bit nervous to have all these famous guys reading my dialogue but also super excited!

Shizuka

Hey guys! So... 8D;; around summer 2015 during a severe otome drought my extreme thirst and exasperation with some otome heroines led me to put my money where my mouth is and toss my hat in the otome ring myself. Our trailer went up today and while I've been nervous to see what the general public thinks I'm most nervous for my otome GAF boos' opinions!! I hope you guys will enjoy it ;3; <3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mcnGbSUx0yk

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you, I wish you the very best! The game looks great, I hope you consider porting it to the Vita in the future!

Hey guys! So... 8D;; around summer 2015 during a severe otome drought my extreme thirst and exasperation with some otome heroines led me to put my money where my mouth is and toss my hat in the otome ring myself. Our trailer went up today and while I've been nervous to see what the general public thinks I'm most nervous for my otome GAF boos' opinions!! I hope you guys will enjoy it ;3; <3

I really like how the character designs differ from the standard otome style, and the voice acting sounds good so far. Do you have any screens showing the game interface?

It's so cool to see the PS4 getting an otome game. The art is really pretty.

Thanks so much! :'D

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you, I wish you the very best! The game looks great, I hope you consider porting it to the Vita in the future!

Certainly considering our options... +_+ no further comment ATM. Thanks a bunch <333

I really like how the character designs differ from the standard otome style, and the voice acting sounds good so far. Do you have any screens showing the game interface?

s2kQ15U.jpg

Here's one! And thank you very much :'D I did hit some of the old otome tropes but I wanted to change things up a tad. I love me some bishounen but you can only look at the same couple of faces and hairstyles so many times lol.

Nudull

Banned

I had no idea you worked on games. Excellent work! <3

Saphirax

Not big on the art, but looks interesting! And it's coming to the ps4 to boot :D.

It sure feels strange having VNs with English VA though.

Here's one! And thank you very much :'D I did hit some of the old otome tropes but I wanted to change things up a tad. I love me some bishounen but you can only look at the same couple of faces and hairstyles so many times lol.
Cool, thanks. I'll definitely keep my eye on this. Best of luck!

eefara

Is Sweet Fuse any good?

One of the few Otome avaliable in the West that I don't own.

Yes, definitely. The heroine is a fun active participant in the plot and not just a doormat, and the amusement park setting lets the group go through some very different and interesting areas. Sweet Fuse is one of the go-to recommendations for otome fans.

I had no idea you worked on games. Excellent work! <3

Thanks so much! <3 It's a new thing for me (maybe two years ish) but there was never much opportunity to mention it around here, hehe.

Not big on the art, but looks interesting! And it's coming to the ps4 to boot :D.

It sure feels strange having VNs with English VA though.

Haha, there is a western-made otome I saw that is doing VO in Japanese... while I would die of happiness if I got to localize it and hear the dialogue read by Japanese actors I'm sure you can understand why we didn't go that same route lol.

Cool, thanks. I'll definitely keep my eye on this. Best of luck!

Thanks so much! <3

Is Sweet Fuse any good?

One of the few Otome avaliable in the West that I don't own.

Yessss yes yes yes yes. Play it. I plug it every chance I get, it's so much fun and super engrossing.

Shizuka

Sweet Fuse is the second best otome title I've ever played, I played all of the console ones and most of the japanese PC ones. I had it as my very favorite, until I played Code Realize.

Saphirax

I'm not sure how I managed to miss it, but apparently:

When we announced this title, we also mentioned that we will bring over the 2nd part

From IFI's FB page regarding the second part of Hakuouki.

Saphirax

That's news to me too lol.

Atlus handled it a lot better with their Utawarerumono announcement, I had no idea Hakuouki part 2 was 'confirmed'.

Their press release didn't mention the second part at all. I've looked all over the place and couldn't find a confirmation that they'd bring the second part too. They probably just mentioned it in a comment on FB or something.

Hollycat

Is this Queen of Flowers on vita or something else? I'm not finding a game called flowers :/

Edit: nvm found it.
Edit edit: I dont think my tablet is strong enough to play it. Every time the game gets to a certain line of dialogue on that first day in the chapel the game crashes.

Ephidel

What a horrid font, I hope that 'may not reflect final product' disclaimer is there because they're going to swap it out.
The letters don't even all align to the same level. The bottoms of the letters 't' 'u' 'v' 'w' 'C' 'S' and 'U' go lower than the rest of the text, whereas the tops of the 'm' 'n' 'r' 'y' and the curve on the 'h' go slightly higher. It makes everything look wonky.
I mean, it's not anywhere near as bad as the font in NISA's original SOSC screens but it's still visually unpleasant.
Only using half the text box on two of them is a bit naff too.

Saphirax

What a horrid font, I hope that 'may not reflect final product' disclaimer is there because they're going to swap it out.
The letters don't even all align to the same level. The bottoms of the letters 'u' 't' 'w' 'C' and 'S' go lower than the rest of the text, whereas the tops of the 'm' 'n' 'r' 'y' and the curve on the 'h' go slightly higher. It makes everything look wonky.
I mean, it's not anywhere near as bad as the font in NISA's original SOSC screens but it's still visually unpleasant.
Only using half the text box on two of them is a bit naff too.

I noticed that as well. The font just looks odd and unappealing too - like it's out of place. I do hope they fix it.

Y'all out here nit-picking the text boxes instead of celebrating new samurai boys coming soon... well, or new-ish lol. It's almost like you guys aren't ruled by your thirst or something. 8'D

In seriousness though I do see what you mean and it does look a bit odd, particularly with the middle one where the text isn't even going across the whole thing. I'm sure they'll at least fix those issues if not the font itself.

Saphirax

Y'all out here nit-picking the text boxes instead of celebrating new samurai boys coming soon... well, or new-ish lol. It's almost like you guys aren't ruled by your thirst or something. 8'D

In seriousness though I do see what you mean and it does look a bit odd, particularly with the middle one where the text isn't even going across the whole thing. I'm sure they'll at least fix those issues if not the font itself.

Can't enjoy the eyecandy if the fugly font gets in the way!

Ryouma's name looks like it's about to float away...or fall down - I'm not sure which.

Shizuka

Is this Queen of Flowers on vita or something else? I'm not finding a game called flowers :/

Edit: nvm found it.
Edit edit: I dont think my tablet is strong enough to play it. Every time the game gets to a certain line of dialogue on that first day in the chapel the game crashes.

I have a weak ass tablet and it runs the game just fine. Have you tried uninstalling and installing it again? Maybe not on a memory card, but using the internal memory?

Hollycat

I have a weak ass tablet and it runs the game just fine. Have you tried uninstalling and installing it again? Maybe not on a memory card, but using the internal memory?
I redownloaded it to make sure.

I'll try clearing space and moving it to internal memory.

Hollycat

I moved it to internal memory and turned off effects, it still crashes within the first few lines of the nun showing up. :/ guess I'll just replay Love Ribbon or Kindred spirits :/

Edit: sorry for double post

Saphirax

Are there any kinds of games (due to genre of theme) that you can't really see making that jump in the foreseeable future?

We always thought the “otome” genre geared toward female players that often involves developing a romantic relationship with one of the many male characters would be difficult, but we’re not quite so sure anymore. We continue to get fan requests for this kind of game, so it’s one that we wouldn’t mind testing out in the future at some point to see if there really is a market for it or not.

https://www.gog.com/news/xseed_interview_bringing_japanese_games_to_the_west

Well it sure as hell won't be a Vita otome game (unless it also has a pc port) since XSEED is done with Vita exclusives.

Shizuka

https://www.gog.com/news/xseed_interview_bringing_japanese_games_to_the_west

Well it sure as hell won't be a Vita otome game (unless it also has a pc port) since XSEED is done with Vita exclusives.

Many people may not be aware, but XSEED had completely translated a PSP otome title near the end of its life, supposed to get a DD-only release. It was English Detective Mysteria, and it only fell through because the developer didn't want to devote resources to programming and adding the english script at that point anymore. There's a Vita port of the game now and if they did translate the game, they could use that script now.

Saphirax

Many people may not be aware, but XSEED had completely translated a PSP otome title near the end of its life, supposed to get a DD-only release. It was English Detective Mysteria, and it only fell through because the developer didn't want to devote resources to programming and adding the english script at that point anymore. There's a Vita port of the game now and if they did translate the game, they could use that script now.

Yeah, I remember reading about that. However, they'd probably be better off localizing a more popular title. EDM isn't that well known.

I feel like if they were gonna do this, they'd have done it already

jzbluz

I think it was a bit more complicated than that? Marvelous was the Japanese publisher, which is probably why they picked it up, but then they stopped publishing it and even took down the PSN download version. A year or two later the developer published the vita version themselves, which might be why they took down the PSP version, but it was still a bit weird.

I was pretty sure XSEED was going to try again on at least another title since they seemed to have employees happy to work on an otome title, but it feels like it's been too late for awhile now. Hopefully, otome developers move to the Switch eventually so we can get more console titles.

Saphirax

VNs in general will cling to the Vita as long as possible, but Switch will be a tough sell. VNs aren't something you associate with Nintendo consoles. However moving to ps4 wouldn't be ideal either. Maybe they'll completely move to mobile or even try their luck with both switch and ps4.

Nudull

Banned
VNs in general will cling to the Vita as long as possible, but Switch will be a tough sell. VNs aren't something you associate with Nintendo consoles. However moving to ps4 wouldn't be ideal either. Maybe they'll completely move to mobile or even try their luck with both switch and ps4.

I'm set on all but having a Switch, so any which direction I can see myself following. I feel for those who are less fortunate, though.

It is going to be interesting to see what happens once Vita support dries completely.

Saphirax

The best thing about PC coming out is that it can only go uphill from there. Hopefully Aksys says something about other otome games soon.

Top Bottom