• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of control pit bulls attack man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Banned
How about pitbull people and anti pitbull people compromise and we have a limit of 1 per household. Any two dogs together are idiots that can easily escalate the intensity of a situation. Two pitbulls is just asking for trouble.

The other day my 35 lb beagle mix was chasing a fly and the chihuahua I'm dog sitting thought my dog was chasing the cat. The chihuahua starts barking and chasing the cat, so my stupid dog was like "oh we're chasing the cat?" and went after the cat as well. It might have ended badly if they weren't slower than the cat.

Horrible story man, hope the kids all recovered fully.

That's why I never listen to people at the park who say "Don't worry he's nice" and "He's never bitten anyone" as they walk their dog toward my kid. Everyone says that shit before their dog eats someones face off.

I have the complete opposite problem with my pug. I tell moms that she's not nice, that she will bite, but they still try to pet her or get her kids to pet her. Then they're all surprised when she jumps up and tries to bite their face off. She's always on a leash and isn't going to really bite them, but more than 1 kid has ended up crying from the shock. It's like why would you do that? Did you think I was lying?

Syriel

I have the complete opposite problem with my pug. I tell moms that she's not nice, that she will bite, but they still try to pet her or get her kids to pet her. Then they're all surprised when she jumps up and tries to bite their face off. She's always on a leash and isn't going to really bite them, but more than 1 kid has ended up crying from the shock. It's like why would you do that? Did you think I was lying?

Most people have no clue how to read a dog (or properly react to a dog that's trying to tell you something).

It's always amusing when people tell me "Oh, she doesn't like men" or "My dog is afraid of everyone" only to have their pup come walking right over to say hello.

Dogs tend to wear their intentions on their sleeves. They're not subtle creatures.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
As far as purely anecdotal evidence goes...Every single person I've ever known to have a pitbull has been a thug or a drug dealer. They all got that breed because they're known for being tough, aggressive dogs and that's the image they wanted. They weren't out to get a dog because they were cute, or smart, or good with kids. They wanted something mean and violent and pitbulls, whether you like it or not, are known for being just that.

I'm not saying they were all terrible people that raised terrible dogs, but there's a certain demographic that dog appeals to and there's a reason for that.

And I use thug in its original, non-racist definition of a violent person who commits crime regularly. They were all white guys.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Most people have no clue how to read a dog (or properly react to a dog that's trying to tell you something).

It's always amusing when people tell me "Oh, she doesn't like men" or "My dog is afraid of everyone" only to have their pup come walking right over to say hello.

Dogs tend to wear their intentions on their sleeves. They're not subtle creatures.

I have met a rescue dog that sincerely didn't like men. Must've been abused by them sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom