• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of control pit bulls attack man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the owner of these dogs was trying to do.

This video is kind of hard to watch (lots of blood).

http://youtu.be/uoMmE90DeyQ

http://nydailynews.com/new-york/pit-bulls-attack-man-bronx-graphic-video-shows-article-1.2358056?utm_content=buffer0fd16&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

A Bronx woman ordered her two pit bulls to viciously attack a 62-year-old man Friday morning as neighbors frantically tried to intervene and blood streaked the street, according to police and graphic video.

Cynthia Oliver, 55, began arguing with the unnamed victim outside her building at 2414 Belmont Ave, police said. She soon let the pets off the leash and ordered them to attack, they said.

After the pets lunged at the man, a good Samaritan tried to wrangle them in on their leashes, according to video filmed from a nearby apartment.

The beasts kept up their assault as the victim twisted on the ground and the other man stepped over him to try to protect him. At one point, the pit bulls bit the man's shoulders and pulled him closer to the curb.

As a witness in the video screamed and called police, about eight neighbors swarmed to stop the attack, including those armed with a hose, a whip and a bat.

While neighbors whipped the dogs away and blasted them with water, the pit bulls went after a 46-year-old good Samaritan.

The action moved off camera as the first victim lay in a small pool of blood. He soon got up and walked away.

The first victim lost a part of his right ear and suffered lacerations to his chest and arms, police said. He and the 46-year-old man, who suffered cuts to his arms, were taken to Saint Barnabas Hospital in stable condition. The dogs were taken to Animal Care and Control.

Oliver was charged with eight counts of assault and two counts of reckless endangerment.

I live around there too :(

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Did someone say pit bulls?

It's not the breed/golden retrievers bite too/bad owners!/something probably made them mad/are you racist/no true pit bull

Have I covered it all? I'm sure there is more

outside of the man being attacked, what made the video more disturbing is the fact the lady on the phone calling the police had to say her address more than 10 times on the phone. How hard is it for them to respond after giving the address? The man could of bled to death due to the semi incompetence by the dispatcher.

Krejlooc

Banned
I came into this topic expecting the title to be silly and there being a video of pit bull puppies licking a kid or something.

Man was I wrong :(

I'm pretty squeamish at the sight of blood, but I was gonna watch it anyway. However, judging by the responses, that sounds like a mistake.

Can someone summarize?

EDIT:

Pit bulls are actually a good argument for guns

giphy.gif

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Fucking awful things.
I'm pretty squeamish at the sight of blood, but I was gonna watch it anyway. However, judging by the responses, that sounds like a mistake.

Can someone summarize?

A man nearly bleeds to death from the two pitbulls biting in to him as he is lying down on the ground unable to get up. A gang of a dozen people show up to protect the man, the dogs then proceed to attack the other people as well.

Can someone summarize?

Man is brutally savaged by two pitbulls for nearly two minutes.

There's blood. He's left in a pool of it by the end of the video. He manages to get up and walk away though, so that's at least one positive.

Can someone summarize?

Two pitbulls attack a dude on the street. Owner isn't able to stop them. They do a lot of damage but he gets free and walks away, presumably to an ambulance when it gets there.

Lazaro

outside of the man being attacked, what made the video more disturbing is the fact the lady on the phone calling the police had to say her address more than 10 times on the phone. How hard is it for them to respond after giving the address? The man could of bled to death due to the semi incompetence by the dispatcher.

Yeah, I found that unsettling as well.

My experience of Pit Bulls has been very positive but that's because the owners I've met were nice people as well.

Awful pit bull owners. Like, wtf?!
I really hope Gaf doesn't go out and blame the breed. Brought up right, these dogs are the most loyal dogs out there.

Nev

Banned
I can't wait for the day where having a dog that could put on a fight with a fucking wolf is something unacceptable. What is even the point of having a pitbull or a rottweiler over a retriever or a husky? There's literally no reason other than to look cooler and pretend to be respected just because you posses an animal that can potentally shred to pieces a human in a matter of seconds.

Thankfully some common sense has already arrived in this regard to most places in Europe and other parts of the world. Still not enough tho, I don't care about a leash or a muzzle, just stop allowing the breeding of an animal that was designed to viciously fight other animals already.

Awful pit bull owners. Like, wtf?!
I really hope Gaf doesn't go out and blame the breed. Brought up right, these dogs are the most loyal dogs out there.

Yea loyal, except a pitbull's loyalty can mean killing another person to defend his owner, and there's no proof whatsoever that these kind of dogs are more "loyal" than any other breed.

Man the hose guy reminds me of a crazy dog fight i saw where one of the owners broke the fight up by dumping a water bottle on them. I always think about that now if i ever need to break something up.

People take dogs they are not capable to train properly and don't socialize them since "it's part of breeds behavior to get fucking angry". And you look so "badass" with pit bull too.

Fucking awful things.

A man nearly bleeds to death from the two pitbulls biting in to him as he is lying down on the ground unable to get up. A gang of a dozen people show up to protect the man, the dogs then proceed to attack the other people as well.

Man is brutally savaged by two pitbulls for nearly two minutes.

There's blood. He's left in a pool of it by the end of the video. He manages to get up and walk away though, so that's at least one positive.

Two pitbulls attack a dude on the street. Owner isn't able to stop them. They do a lot of damage but he gets free and walks away, presumably to an ambulance when it gets there.

Thanks, guys. Though disturbing and unfortunate, I'm glad to hear that some people attempted to help him. After reading about those Chinese car accidents, I just don't know about humanity anymore.

zon

What makes me mad is the amount of people who just stand and watch.

ffs four people grabbing the dogs and the bleeding man would've been freed much earlier

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Man...I know that it's in the moment but the dad holding his chiilds hand at the 1 minute mark just staring at the scene and then staying there knowing the bulldog is still roaming baffles me.

highrider

Banned
I don't blame the breed, but it's a gun you can pet. It's unfortunate that as great of a dog as they can be, the majority of owners I encounter in public are usually young men with a chip on their shoulder. The popularity, value and breeding practices don't help. Hope the owner is prosecuted and dogs are put down.

Never seen such a useless pet owner before.

Hope the dude is OK, and hope the dogs get taken away from that guy too. Far as I can tell, they don't even have collars, one has a bandanna.

Also, every single one of you guys making comments about "not all pit bulls" etc, be quiet.

Branduil

I don't blame the breed, but it's a gun you can pet. It's unfortunate that as great of a dog as they can be, the majority of owners I encounter in public are usually young men with a chip on their shoulder. The popularity, value and breeding practices don't help. Hope the owner is prosecuted and dogs are put down.

The gun analogy has merit, but there's one further difference in that they're guns with their own non-human brains that can decide to attack at any time, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Nephtis

What makes me mad is the amount of people who just stand and watch.

ffs four people grabbing the dogs and the bleeding man would've been freed much earlier

That's... no dude. Those people couldn't do much -- and those that DID, were also attacked by the dogs. They were out of control.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
The craziest thing is every pit owner I know spends 90% of the time explaining how pits are misrepresented and are the most non aggressive dogs ever bred.

When do you ever see an owner of a golden retriever spend 90% of the time hand waving and explaining that goldens aren't aggressive?

Oh wait right it's because the corrupt mainstream media only reports on pits ripping apart human limbs and other dogs but never when a golden does it.

Shinypogs

I feel horrible for everyone who got bit during that who wasn't the owner. Several people risked their own safety to help get the dogs away from their primary target and we could see a couple of them getting nipped at or bit in the process.

As for the owner he disgusts me. You cannot have dogs of a breed that powerful and tenacious out in public if you cannot control them. Now don't get me wrong I've seen bully breeds be service dogs and ones that lay on old ladies laps and are great with kids. However they have a reputation for a reason and many pet " pitbulls" are poorly bred specimens that don't have the best temperaments to begin.

Herding breeds gonna herd, sometimes circling people and nipping at heels and ankles to get them moving where they want them. It is up to the owners of these breeds to address these behaviors so that the dog knows when they can and cannot display these instincts.

Same goes for owners of sighthounds. They are lovely animals but they come with a whole host of restrictions and responsibilities because of their nature and instincts.

Mankind has fucked with canine genetics for a long time now and we have to accept that different breeds have different natures and needs. None of them are innately wrong or bad but not everyone is suited to owning every type of dog. Every breed is also not necessarily a good fit for all environments.

Incidents like this should be used to promote laws whereby dogs must pass temperament and obedience tests every few years. It benefits owners, families, neighbors, vets etc if animals are well trained and predictable. Plus in order to pass it means a person has to have actually spent some fucking time working with their dog not just leaving them chained up or in the backyard.

23qwerty

Just spay and neuter every pitbull honestly. It's humane and they're responsible for the vast majority of deaths. There's nothing to be gained from letting them stick around. Just get other breeds.

I really really dislike pitbulls and this video brings up some personal things that have happened in the passed regarding pitbulls. Every Pit owner says my dogs are my babies they wouldn't harm a soul but they are still animals and can be unpredictable at times, people can be too. I was so scared for that little girl because as a kid I seen 2 pits nearly kill my little cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom