• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Blue - UFO documentary in 720p

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Former NASA astronaut recalls his encounter of a 'disc' landing in front of him at an air base, recording it and being ordered to send footage to Washington
  • A Major in the US military corroborates testimony of an unidentified object travelling at thousands of miles per hour disabling a rocket during a test by shooting 'beams of light' at it
  • Accounts of dozens of nuclear armed ballistic missiles being disabled by unidentified flying objects
  • Soviet records of UFOs
  • And more

Narrated by Peter Coyote, OUT OF THE BLUE is widely considered one of the best documentary films ever made about UFOs and was directed by celebrated filmmaker James Fox. The films producers traveled around the world to investigate some of the most famous UFO events on record. Through exclusive interviews with high-ranking military and government personnel, this award-winning film supports the theory that some UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin. This film features Governor Fife Symington, Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell, Russian General Leonid Aleviev, President Jimmy Carter, Cosmonaut Major General Pavel Popovich, UK Admiral Lord Hill Norton, Physics Professor Dr. Brian Greene, President Gerald Ford, Astronaut Colonel Gordon Cooper. White House Chief of Staff John Podesta, and many more. Presents an International Scope, Quality Testimony, and Scientific Perspectives. OUT OF THE BLUE provides a Definitive Investigation of the UFO Phenomenon.

"The weirdest thing about the documentary OUT OF THE BLUE is how weird it isn't." - TV Guide

"...methodically lays out out an argument that something is out there." - Associated Press

"OUT OF THE BLUE emerges as one of the very best films ever produces on this, one of the most interesting in the history of science." - Skeptic Magazine

Watch Now

gaming_noob

• A Major in the US military corroborates testimony of an unidentified object travelling at thousands of miles per hour disabling a rocket during a test by shooting 'beams of light' at it
  • Accounts of dozens of nuclear armed ballistic missiles being disabled by unidentified flying objects

• The theory that "aliens" are humans from the future makes sense.

How much of this 720P movie is blurry 90's cellphone footage?

Just in case you're not being sarcastic, these are '90s cellphones:

Duosl.png
bpoel.jpg

Kurdel

Banned
I can't find the source for that Skeptic magazine quote, but I can find a ton of copy pasted Skeptic magazine quotes to promote this movie.

Hex

Banned
I have not watched this in a few years, but it is one of the better thought out and presented docs for the field.

Hex

Banned
Enjoying so far, what's with all the UFO hate GAF? Thnx again OP.

On gaf if you believe in any religion or anything outside of the realm of the normal then you are an idiot automatically and you will be trolled and derided.

Orayn

On gaf if you believe in any religion or anything outside of the realm of the normal then you are an idiot automatically and you will be trolled and derided.

My "trolling" is frustration directed at people jumping to unsupported conclusions based on insufficient evidence. The movie lays out its agenda as "I DON'T KNOW, THEREFORE ALIENS," and proceeds to back that up with a bunch of eyewitness testimony from random people many years after the fact, all while playing spooky music and making harebrained conspiracy allegations. What the hell is that crap? This is worse than a Michael Moore movie.

EDIT: Before the accusations fly, I "believe in aliens." It's extremely likely that life, perhaps intelligent life, exists elsewhere in the universe. I am not, however, convinced that we've ever been visited by it.

My "trolling" is frustration directed at people jumping to unsupported conclusions based on insufficient evidence. The movie lays out its agenda as "I DON'T KNOW, THEREFORE ALIENS," and proceeds to back that up with a bunch of eyewitness testimony from random people many years after the fact, all while playing spooky music and making harebrained conspiracy allegations. What the hell is that crap? This is worse than a Michael Moore movie.

Damn son, you're BORING.

How much of this 720P movie is blurry 90's cellphone footage?

There's not much of that but rather "reenactments" that look like crap but it's 720p. I don't see what the 720p has to do with anything so far, not sure why you would put that in the thread title, so misleading.

Riggs

Banned
Half of these accounts are from ex military. But their all lying I just know it. Bunch of lying hippies if you ask me! Seriously how can people deny the thousands of UFO reports out there, especially from ex military guys. No one is credible in some peoples minds I guess.

And also I expected 1080P UFO footage, geese OP get your shit together!

Orayn

Half of these accounts are from ex military. But their all lying I just know it. Bunch of lying hippies if you ask me! Seriously how can people deny the thousands of UFO reports out there, especially from ex military guys. No one is credible in some peoples minds I guess.

Hey, did you know that there are ways to say something that's incorrect or inaccurate without lying?

Every time i stop looking into this stuff and end up hearing about the Arizona incident i always end up amazed. I'm not one to believe every story i hear but these people definitely saw a huge object in the sky that night.

Canuck76

Banned

EDIT: Before the accusations fly, I "believe in aliens." It's extremely likely that life, perhaps intelligent life, exists elsewhere in the universe. I am not, however, convinced that we've ever been visited by it.

PART OF THE CONSPIRACY

Riggs

Banned
Every time i stop looking into this stuff and end up hearing about the Arizona incident i always end up amazed. I'm not one to believe every story i hear but these people definitely saw a huge object in the sky that night.
I remember watching it live on TV. I lived in FL, was 12 or 13 at time. Goose bumps man .... Even stranger that everyone just forgot about it. Nothing was ever explained. Oh ya it was flares.

Orayn

PART OF THE CONSPIRACY

I enjoy a monthly Illuminati stipend for being a skeptic on the internet.

"Definitely" is not a term I would use when we're talking about eyewitness accounts that people are being asked about again, long after the event has transpired, and in the context of UFO culture and the widespread meme that the lights they saw were alien craft. Memory is malleable and it is incredibly easy for "I saw some lights." to become "I saw an alien ship with features X, Y, and Z." under the right circumstances.

I remember watching it live on TV. I lived in FL, was 12 or 13 at time. Goose bumps man .... Even stranger that everyone just forgot about it. Nothing was ever explained. Oh ya it was flares.

You'd better believe it, brother.

Should characteristics of the lights, the distance to the nearest air force base, and the lights' recurrence in later years lead us to the conclusion that these flare-like alien craft are flying extremely specific routes, or that they were Goddamn flares?

Apath

Are you really trying to imply that being ex-military makes someone's word infallible and incapable of being incorrect?

Kurdel

Banned
Enjoying so far, what's with all the UFO hate GAF? Thnx again OP.

Do you feel persecuted for your beliefs?

I am sure there is also hate for faries, demons, ghosts, nessie, the chupacabra, sasquatch and the mothman too.

Except I prefer to call it "rational arguments", rather than hate.

Riggs

Banned
Are you really trying to imply that being ex-military makes someone's word infallible and incapable of being incorrect?
No, just saying there are tons of ex military folks with eye witness accounts. I take their word more seriously then a civilian. Anyone can be wrong. I just find it funny how people don't believe anyone about UFO visits. Thousands and thousands of reports and stories, everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions though.

Riggs

Banned
Do you feel persecuted for your beliefs?

I am sure there is also hate for faries, demons, ghosts, nessie, the chupacabra, sasquatch and the mothman too.

Except I prefer to call it "rational arguments", rather than hate.
Lol persecuted? So bad. Tired of being oppressed by the non believers. I am going to rage!!!!!

Orayn

No, just saying there are tons of ex military folks with rye witness accounts. I take their word more seriously then a civilian. Anyone can be wrong. I just find it funny how people don't believe anyone about UFO visits. Thousands and thousands of reports and stories, everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions though.

My own thoughts and opinions are that lots of low quality evidence doesn't amount to proof of extraterrestrial visitation. Are these sightings "real," in the sense that somebody saw something? Absolutely. Do they warrant further investigation? When possible, sure. Are they unexplained? Some are.

None of that is the same as concluding that any particular UFO should be identified as an alien spacecraft.

No, just saying there are tons of ex military folks with eye witness accounts. I take their word more seriously then a civilian. Anyone can be wrong. I just find it funny how people don't believe anyone about UFO visits. Thousands and thousands of reports and stories, everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions though.

I still don't see what value ex military has on their accounts.

My own thoughts and opinions are that lots of low quality evidence doesn't amount to proof of extraterrestrial visitation. Are these sightings "real," in the sense that somebody saw something? Absolutely. Do they warrant further investigation? When possible, sure. Are they unexplained? Some are.

None of that is the same as concluding that any particular UFO should be identified as an alien spacecraft.

This too, there's nothing you can really have no evidence for and therefore imply that it's aliens. What other argument would you find this acceptable? Does this mean God exists also then?

Orayn

This too, there's nothing you can really have no evidence for and therefore imply that it's aliens. What other argument would you find this acceptable? Does this mean God exists also then?

I daresay God is actually better supported than aliens if we're going to use that standard of evidence - Do you know how many people speak in tongues and feel the power of the Holy Spirit each week when they go to church? There's no way they could all be wrong, right?

I think a lot of the triangles are from a secret stealth blimp thing that's been tested since the mid 80s. Yet we deemed it unfeasible because it makes no sense to fly it during the day.

I daresay God is actually better supported than aliens if we're going to use that standard of evidence - Do you know how many people speak in tongues and feel the power of the Holy Spirit each week when they go to church? There's no way they could all be wrong, right?

But are any of those people ex military?

People make fun of it because there's no proof and essentially the absence of proof is what people use to prove these things are real which like I said would be considered absurd for everything except aliens apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom