• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast on PS4 runs at 1080p/60fps

I just read through this whole thread, and not one confirmation on whether Outlast will support 3D, since a comment on page one.

Fuck.
I hope this thread isn't filled with wishful thinking followed by more wishful thinkers..
Cause,
i'll have my adult diapers on, and i wanna shit my pants while playing this game but if it was in 3D, i'm gunna move to the toilet.
HMZ-T1 + Outlast + 3D = Runs

Anything Official?!?!?!?!?!? Please
I send a tweet to Red Barrel asking, haven't heard back yet.

Melchiah

i just assumed Resogun was staying because the PSblog didn't mention it was leaving

I dunno about the NA side, but it's leaving the EU store on 5th of February.

Really what I'm most interested in from this version (getting it for free because PS+, lol) is how it's going to use the controller.

I can imagine some truly pants shitting moments that might arise from well placed selected sounds mapped on the DS4. Probably one of the gimmicks I enjoy most out of the ps4, honestly, and it's been something I've loved all the way back to Silent Hill Shattered memories on the Wii, so it's been quite the pleasant surprise to see it come back this gen with games like KZSF and TR.

Agreed. Can't wait to experience how it's used in horror games. KZ's audio logs, and Flower's wind added to the atmosphere.

LoveCake

I have heard that this is going to be free for PSN+ people, i don't have a PS4 yet :( will this always be free or is it just for a limited amount of time ?

This game looks really good, when i get my PS4 in March i'm gonna be getting this :D

I have heard that this is going to be free for PSN+ people, i don't have a PS4 yet :( will this always be free or is it just for a limited amount of time ?

This game looks really good, when i get my PS4 in March i'm gonna be getting this :D

It'll be free until the first Tuesday of March.

amdnv

Also, you're never in much danger of dying because the enemies run much slower than you do, although they are apparently faster and more aggressive on Nightmare difficulty, which I haven't played.
Standard difficulty is trash in this game. The enemies are not nearly deadly enough.

Carl

If you have PS+ you can just "purchase" it through the web store whilst it's free.

WarpathDC

I can't find any supporting articles to confirm 3d support. I hope it does ship with 3d. Wearing headphones too. *buys diapers*

burgerdog

So some guy says he thinks the game will support 3D with no source and now half the posts are about how awesome it would be. Not getting my hopes up.

@ Neuromancer

I did it this month for the vita games. I don't own a vita yet, but I went to the store, added them to my cart and "checkedout". I worked with Don't Starve as well.

johnny956

If you have PS+ you can just "purchase" it through the web store whilst it's free.

I've heard you need a PS4 to purchase through the web store for PS4 games. I have a ps4 so I cannot test it myself

edit: glad it worked. I knew it worked for Vita games before I got my vita just wasn't sure they did that for PS4

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oh cool, I'm glad.

It's in Sony's best interest to do that. The more games you have related to your PS+ account, the less likely you are to let your sub lapse, and if you're storing up games for platforms you don't yet have you'll be more likely to buy those. PS+ is the main reason I bought a Vita.

Lucian

This looks like it will be similar to Condemned: creepy, mostly melee combat. I haven't really paid much attention to it though. Am I offbase?

Nymphae

Banned

Log into your account on the sony website and get the game there, you can "purchase" the free PS+ games and they will be associated with your account so you can always re-download them (as long as you're a + subscriber that is).

If you don't do this, and wait until next month when you have your PS4, you will have missed the window to get it for free.

Shin-Ra

This looks like it will be similar to Condemned: creepy, mostly melee combat. I haven't really paid much attention to it though. Am I offbase?
I think I saw the player character push a few people away but no damaging combat.

Theecliff

Banned
Its UE4. Its pretty nice looking, runs great, and has a very thick but really cinematic blur effect when moving.
I thought it was supposed to be UE3? At least that's all that I'm finding when I look it up. Perhaps you're mixing it up with that other indie horror game called Daylight?

LoveCake

It'll be free until the first Tuesday of March.

Log into your account on the sony website and get the game there, you can "purchase" the free PS+ games and they will be associated with your account so you can always re-download them (as long as you're a + subscriber that is).

If you don't do this, and wait until next month when you have your PS4, you will have missed the window to get it for free.

Ok thank you, i will do this in the next couple of weeks.

Always bet on Black

q2wCRZ5.gif

I thought it was supposed to be UE3? At least that's all that I'm finding when I look it up. Perhaps you're mixing it up with that other indie horror game called Daylight?

You're right, it is UE3. It's that other survival horror game with a similarly generic name, and similar gameplay that is UE4.

Preferential console dick waiving is still dick waiving, though, and I don't see why it's fair for one group to do it to another and not the other way around. In the end I guess it boils down to if you're going to waive your dick around, be prepared for some mandingo ass motherfucker to come in and dwarf your ass, and don't cry when it happens either as you brought it on yourself by bringing the topic into discussion in the first place.

That was so cringe worthy to read. It's like you believe your rig wasn't worth the expense and desperately trying to justify it for yourself. The insecurity is just seeping through that post. Yeesh

PSA: People from Germany and Australia: Don't expect this to turn up next week.

Still hasn't been classified in Australia and the EU PSN blog still hasn't given any more details on the release in these 2 countries.

Oh also Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, India and Turkey are still shit out of luck.

Also still no word on a replacement title, if any, on PS+ for these regions....

ron_bato

Yeah i didnt get my hopes up when i couldnt find anything about it online, it would be awesome, but i immediately managed my expectations.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
From my Steam pics:

Looks really damn good for a UE3 game.

Best part is that I'm pretty sure there's no visible texture streaming anywhere in the game. I was surprised to learn it used UE3 in the first place.

No. Can you buy a $400 console that properly runs Photoshop, Office and Neogaf?
These price comparisons are pointless because PCs have a wider range of use.

Pretty sure no one buys a console to run photoshop on it. Which makes the comparison even more pointless.

z-layrex

Banned
Really recommend this game to any of you who haven't played it yet. It scared the knickers off me.

I wish there was an Xbox One version though, I'd love to play it on console.

No. Can you buy a $400 console that properly runs Photoshop, Office and Neogaf?
These price comparisons are pointless because PCs have a wider range of use.

Yeah well we are talking about running games, not photoshop and office. Pretty much everyone here has a pc for that and you don't really need a good one for that. Heck some of us on here probably logged into neogaf with the PS4.

Bishop89

PSA: People from Germany and Australia: Don't expect this to turn up next week.

Still hasn't been classified in Australia and the EU PSN blog still hasn't given any more details on the release in these 2 countries.

Oh also Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, India and Turkey are still shit out of luck.

Also still no word on a replacement title, if any, on PS+ for these regions....

The Fuck?

Trine 2 Devs commented on it, in 3d mode trine2 runs internally at 1080p but outputs at 720p only due to hdmi. There is hope of hdmi 2.0 being supported via firmware in the future but it's unknown.

Still Trine 2 looks spectacular in 3d on my TV. Best I've seen so far.

Top Bottom