• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast on PS4 runs at 1080p/60fps

Melchiah

Resogun should be there for a long while seeing as it's a Sony IP. they don't need to negotiate for an extended PS+ time. I'm actually surprised other games like flow, flower, and escape plan haven't gone up yet.

Resogun is leaving with Don't Starve next week.

Flower and the rest are free, if you have bought them on PS3, so I guess there's no need to have them on PS+ for many users.

ron_bato

Can't find confirmation on Outlast in 3d for the ps4? Could anyone provide confirmation before I get too hyped? This game in 3d would be awesome, I don't know if I could take it though lol

pa22word

It always makes me laugh reading the hypocrisy in these PS4 threads when people get reminded that the PS4 isn't the biggest fish in the room.

PS4 gamer:"Ha, xbone version runs at 900p sometimes at 24-30 fps! Our version runs at an average of 51 FPS at 1080p all the time"

PC gamer: "So? I can run it at 1080p 120 FPS rocksolid or 4k @ 60fps..."

PS4 gamer: "PERMABAN THEM!!!!!! UNFAIR! BLAH!"

Disclaimer: I own both the xbone and PS4 + a rig with a 780 in it. And yeah, the game isn't exactly demanding on PC. My old 5870 was running it at a 1080P60fps no problem, and it wouldn't shock me if you could get similar results on weaker shit too.

It always makes me laugh reading the hypocrisy in these PS4 threads when people get reminded that the PS4 isn't the biggest fish in the room.

PS4 gamer:"Ha, xbone version runs at 900p sometimes at 24-30 fps! Our version runs at an average of 51 FPS at 1080p all the time"

Disclaimer: I own both the xbone and PS4 + a rig with a 780 in it. And yeah, the game isn't exactly demanding on PC. My old 5870 was running it at a 1080P60fps no problem, and it wouldn't shock me if you could get similar results on weaker shit too.

I've been around the block long enough, but that's like the equivalent of "I have that black gay friend" for gamers. Not pointing to you in particular, but I've seen it stated enough as if it was supposed to be an authoritative somehow, but really people, people can own multiple things and be horrendously bias or even more argumentative just fine.

You can talk simply about consoles with who got the bigger wang only and then it's like "Oh yeah, I got this big dick PC, it just smacks everybody in the face when walks in the room. Just suck on that big juicy gaming rig!" I'm like yeah, my rig ain't like that, sad me. :(

Looks to be that way for EU, this was confirmed from the twitter account of Playstation EU.

Looking like a Feb 4 update for NA?

Like I said, SCEA hasn't technically confirmed Outlast is coming here in February. They haven't announced anything yet. I hope it's coming. But these things are tricky, especially when it comes to different regions. For instance, Europe is getting BioShock: Infinite, a game we got this month. So there's a chance we may have to wait longer for Outlast. One things for certain, I hope there's no regional snag like there is with War Thunder. Europe's had that game since the PS4 launched there.

pa22word

Preferential console dick waiving is still dick waiving, though, and I don't see why it's fair for one group to do it to another and not the other way around. In the end I guess it boils down to if you're going to waive your dick around, be prepared for some mandingo ass motherfucker to come in and dwarf your ass, and don't cry when it happens either as you brought it on yourself by bringing the topic into discussion in the first place.

Preferential console dick waiving is still dick waiving, though, and I don't see why it's fair for one group to do it to another and not the other way around. In the end I guess it boils down to if you're going to waive your dick around, be prepared for some mandingo ass motherfucker to come in and dwarf your ass, and don't cry when it happens either as you brought it on yourself by bringing the topic into discussion in the first place.
Why don't you talk to a mod about it via pm rather than continually going off topic. Just a thought.

Finaika

Outlast isn't even coming for the Xbox One.

Hmm...if they leave Resogun up, then maybe we aren't getting Outlast stateside. Aren't Don't Starve and Resogun coming off the EU PSN store? PEACE.

Resogun is leaving with Don't Starve next week.

Flower and the rest are free, if you have bought them on PS3, so I guess there's no need to have them on PS+ for many users.

i just assumed Resogun was staying because the PSblog didn't mention it was leaving

Nuke Soda

Hopefully this will do good enough on the PS4 to where some of the other indie PC horror games test their luck on it. I doubt it but that would be cool.

DeweyChat

Banned

OK, please tell me more about your config like on everey topic on GAF, we love when PC gamers do that.
Or not.because no one cares except you.

For the 3D support I hope for it in outlast but I have the feeling Sony (and everbody) didn't want to support it anymore, strange considering the fact that a lot of ps4 users have a 3DTV and that it could be a real plus for the game marketing

ron_bato

Like I said, SCEA hasn't technically confirmed Outlast is coming here in February. They haven't announced anything yet. I hope it's coming. But these things are tricky, especially when it comes to different regions. For instance, Europe is getting BioShock: Infinite, a game we got this month. So there's a chance we may have to wait longer for Outlast. One things for certain, I hope there's no regional snag like there is with War Thunder. Europe's had that game since the PS4 launched there.

I see your point, but Red Barrels through their Facebook page has already confirmed that it will be out for all PS+ Users in February, not just EU PS+ users. Unless I'm reading too much into it. I believe the NA PS+ announcement will just be a formality.

I don't think we'll be waiting longer, all the PS+ Instant game collections for the PS4 have been the same for all regions. But hey, doesn't hurt to be cautious about getting too hyped.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I see your point, but Red Barrels through their Facebook page has already confirmed that it will be out for all PS+ Users in February, not just EU PS+ users. Unless I'm reading too much into it. I believe the NA PS+ announcement will just be a formality.

I don't think we'll be waiting longer, all the PS+ Instant game collections for the PS4 have been the same for all regions. But hey, doesn't hurt to be cautious about getting too hyped.

Outlast was announced as a PS+ game at E3. No way it doesn't hit the US.

Eusis

For the 3D support I hope for it in outlast but I have the feeling Sony (and everbody) didn't want to support it anymore, strange considering the fact that a lot of ps4 users have a 3DTV and that it could be a real plus for the game marketing
Well, consoles have always been about allocating limited resources to maximum efficiency, whereas PC is able to just brute force past MOST issues though not always, Witcher 1's a game you can't reliably run at 60 FPS even on high end computers because it's basically held back by the CPU, namely the raw speed of a single core. Still, it means 3D support's a non-issue on PC, but may be more taxing on hardware where there's better places to spend it. On the other hand the fact you're capped at 720p/30FPS over HDMI 1.4 ANYWAY (why is it so tightly limited anyway if DVI can go higher?) so maybe it wouldn't be too hard to work something out.

prwxv3

Why would I pm a mod about it? The only mod who's responded to the laughable shit in this thread from the PS4 fans was bish's "ok" in response to a demand for permabans. Seems to me they agree. Also I don't see how this is off topic when its been discussed throughout the thread.

Because outlast is the only game ever to release ever on these three platforms.

Just because this particular game isn't on the bone doesn't make the hypocrisy of PS4 users crying about PC users claiming better performance any less poignant.

You better stop bro you are digging yourself a grave

ron_bato

Outlast isn't even coming for the Xbox One.
It's coming, but no release date yet via the Red Barrels twitter:

Obie787 @Obie787
@TheRedBarrels Outlast to Xbox One... WHEN???? WHEN???

Red Barrels Games @TheRedBarrels
@Obie787 Hello, we're small studio (11 people), so we have to do things one at a time... but it will happen.

Outlast was announced as a PS+ game at E3. No way it doesn't hit the US.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it will. Other poster was just tempering expectations on it coming in February just in case. I'm fairly confident it will be the free game for Feb NA PS+ IGC.

hawk2025

Why would I pm a mod about it? The only mod who's responded to the laughable shit in this thread from the PS4 fans was bish's "ok" in response to a demand for permabans. Seems to me they agree. Also I don't see how this is off topic when its been discussed throughout the thread.

Because outlast is the only game ever to release ever on these three platforms.

Just because this particular game isn't on the bone doesn't make the hypocrisy of PS4 users crying about PC users claiming better performance any less poignant.

Yeah? You might want to check what happened in the thread after he posted "ok".

Now can we please get back on topic?

Where is everyone getting Resogun leaving the PS+? Is that a EU thing or are people just assuming the slate gets wiped clean with each new game released?

Games on the core Instant Games Collection tend to stick around a while, while other games get rotated about

Edit: Nvm, I see it on the removal list for EU. How odd. That's probably one of only two shortcoming instances I've seen on EU's PS+ in comparison to the US PS+.

pa22word

Yeah? You might want to check what happened in the thread after he posted "ok".

Now can we please get back on topic?

Ah, I guess he did go back and nail them.

In that case then, I will bow out of this discussion with an apology. I read into his post as sarcasm after scrolling back a page and seeing that the posters were unscathed, but I guess he just hadn't gotten around to pulling the kill switch yet, and then made my post thinking that he had okay'd this line of discussion.

Apologies gaf, thought this discussion was fair game in this thread.

Reg

Banned
Ah, I guess he did go back and nail them.

In that case then, I will bow out of this discussion with an apology. I read into his post as sarcasm after scrolling back a page and seeing that the posters were unscathed, but I guess he just hadn't gotten around to pulling the kill switch yet, and then made my post thinking that he had okay'd this line of discussion.

Apologies gaf, thought this discussion was fair game in this thread.

Try here instead.

Theecliff

Banned
Where is everyone getting Resogun leaving the PS+? Is that a EU thing or are people just assuming the slate gets wiped clean with each new game released?

Games on the core Instant Games Collection tend to stick around a while, while other games get rotated about

Edit: Nvm, I see it on the removal list for EU. How odd. That's probably one of only two shortcoming instances I've seen on EU's PS+ in comparison to the US PS+.
My guess is that Basement Crawl game that got delayed at the very last minute will become a PS+ game as well, possibly replacing Resogun for a month or so.

Personally I find all dick waving and "ass dwarfing" pathetic regardless of platform.

pa22word

Really what I'm most interested in from this version (getting it for free because PS+, lol) is how it's going to use the controller.

I can imagine some truly pants shitting moments that might arise from well placed selected sounds mapped on the DS4. Probably one of the gimmicks I enjoy most out of the ps4, honestly, and it's been something I've loved all the way back to Silent Hill Shattered memories on the Wii, so it's been quite the pleasant surprise to see it come back this gen with games like KZSF and TR.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Really what I'm most interested in from this version is how it's going to use the controller.

I can imagine some truly pants shitting moments that might arise from well placed selected sounds mapped on the DS4. Probably one of the gimmicks I enjoy most out of the ps4, honestly, and it's been something I've loved all the way back to Silent Hill Shattered memories on the Wii, so it's been quite the pleasant surprise to see it come back this gen with games like KZSF and TR.
Agreed!

So this is coming to PS Plus on Feb 5th and I barely even saw a screenshot of it or heard anything about it? Looks interesting. I'll definitely try it out.

Gbraga

I feel exactly the same way. I'm currently PC only and game at 1440, but there could EASILY be a day I want a PS4, and when I get it, I'll hope to play games that meet the native res on my TV at a framerate that doesn't feel like a slideshow. It isn't that devs CAN'T do this; the big ones just aren't, as Amir0x said on the last page. I want 1080/60 much more than I want deep bokeh that looks nothing like an eye sees the world or a million volumetric columns. The PS4 is plenty capable of that, so I hope more devs target it.

Yeah, and today I feel like people calling 30 unplayable are really exaggerating, but as 120hz screens become more popular, I'm not sure if I won't be one of those people in the near future, since a framerate in the 20s is already awful to me (not unplayable, but really terrible). 60fps needs to become the standard soon and then we can have pointless debates in threads about 60fps vs 120fps, it's time to leave 30 behind.

d9b

Banned

Not sure I like where this is going.

Anyway, looking forward to 5th FEB. Would be nice if 3D is confirmed (Trine 2 PS4 was stunning in 3D).

Ban incoming

Jburton

Banned

The really funny thing is when someone lacking in basic comprehension fails to understand that comparing consoles is understandable and in such a conversation what does a PC matter?

Comparing a PC with a £400 GPU to consoles that cost in that region is pointless and of no merit.

Comparing two machines of the same type (console) that are around the same price bracket is the point.

It's not hypocrisy, it's simply pointing out that talking about PC performance in a console thread is derailing as it has no place in the conversation it's not a console.

Your post has nothing to do with Outlast on PS4 and another example of somebody derailing the thread with irrelevant shit.

Linconan

I just read through this whole thread, and not one confirmation on whether Outlast will support 3D, since a comment on page one.

Fuck.
I hope this thread isn't filled with wishful thinking followed by more wishful thinkers..
Cause,
i'll have my adult diapers on, and i wanna shit my pants while playing this game but if it was in 3D, i'm gunna move to the toilet.
HMZ-T1 + Outlast + 3D = Runs

Anything Official?!?!?!?!?!? Please

Xpliskin

It's a UE3 game, of course it'll run at high framerates on next-gen hardware.

Completed it on PC, definitly a good scary game.

Recommended.

How long did it take to complete the game? Just curious...

I'm by no means a 'regular' sample, but my bro and I took 10 hours. That's getting/doing everything though, plus we went nice and slow.

Apparently the average is 5 hours just for the story and over 8 hours when including everything.

Decent sized game, and I bloody loved it. Scary as shit for me, though everyone is different. Can't wait for the DLC.

d9b

Banned
I'm by no means a 'regular' sample, but my bro and I took 10 hours. That's getting/doing everything though, plus we went nice and slow.

Apparently the average is 5 hours just for the story and over 8 hours when including everything.

Decent sized game, and I bloody loved it. Scary as shit for me, though everyone is different. Can't wait for the DLC.
Sounds good to me, will take it slow myself too. Really hyped for this game now!
1080p / 60fps/ free with PS+ = WIN!

3D support would be sweet too...

Steam says: "You've played 7 hours".

Cool! Thanks.

RulkezX

Really what I'm most interested in from this version (getting it for free because PS+, lol) is how it's going to use the controller.

Well I hadn't thought of that.... Could be really cool. The audio logs on the spaceship level in KZ were very atmospheric.

Jesus now I hope they put something like that in the new Aliens game !

Top Bottom