• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

Well the thing is i try to play this game a lot, especially during events so i already got tons of lootboxes but not many skins, the only event skins i got so far are Soldier, Mei and Hanzo... that's it. Like i said i can't remember an event before being this unlucky, maybe they really secretly lowered the % chance for a legendary skin.

And about the dupes giving currency, that's pretty much nothing. One spray or player icon gives only 15 currency... that's an absolute joke when a legendary skin costs 3k.

Don't know how this compares to your case but in the 82 lootboxes I got so far they had 6 event skins and 13 emotes (not counting dupes). I also got 5k currency from the dupes in those boxes.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2017-06-0920_41_27-ovddpsi.png

mollipen

Actually it was pretty adorable!

This is the first time we've spoken to each other in months haha.

It was of course a joke based on my reputation :D

Huh, I just switched Mercy' sidearm to L3 from right dpad. I'm such a dumbass. In my defense, I rarely play Mercy.

My Mercy controller scheme is [L1] Jump / [L2] Switch weapons / [R1] Boost / [R2] Heal / [X] Guardian Angel. So far that's been the best combination I've found for properly playing her.

Kalentan

I decided to buy 24 lootboxes...

I got...

Cyborg 76 (YES!)
Graffiti Tracer
Antique Bastion
Cyberninja Hanzo
Okami Hanzo
Oasis Symmetra (duplicate).

That... Went so much better than expected. Might be able to hit 3k.

It was of course a joke based on my reputation :D
Hahaha! It's a darn good reputation I'll give you that! Plus your ship combo destroys me whenever I play so I respect you there!

To be real though it was a pretty sweet moment. Although it looked like they were doing some familiar dance thing with their hearts right before the hug.

Either way I'm sorry for always attacking your ship!

My Mercy controller scheme is [L1] Jump / [L2] Switch weapons / [R1] Boost / [R2] Heal / [X] Guardian Angel. So far that's been the best combination I've found for properly playing her.

In which button is the angelic descent? That's a really useful ability (not only for Pharah), imo it should be in a shoulder button, way more important than switching weapons or jumping.

mollipen

In which button is the angelic descent? That's a really useful ability (not only for Pharah), imo it should be in a shoulder button, way more important than switching weapons or jumping.

Angelic Descent is just Jump held in, so L1. Unless you're thinking Guardian Angel, which I have on X, and I've found doesn't need to be on a shoulder button (because my thumb is doing nothing else most of the time save triggering my ult, which I have on O.)

You want Mercy to have Jump on a shoulder button, because she needs to be able to move her aim while holding in the button (aka while floating).

Blues1990

Lol. Overwatch voice actors doing their characters dance emotes.

https://youtu.be/miF9e7L2Dyk

Roadhog and Zenyatta's voice actor's attempts cracked me up. Surprised the most with how Lucio's and Symmetra's were on-point.

Mei VA literally has the same body type as Mei. Her dance was perfect.

tenor.gif

Who here doesn't have the Tracer skin? I feel like hers is always the easiest to get during these events.

Until yesterday, I didn't receive it during my loot box grind.

JWiLL

Banned
This talk of console controller mapping is giving me unpleasant flashbacks.

When I was still on PS4 I had my carefully crafted settings reset to default. Literally every hero I played on had some weird adjustments (always bumper jumper was the only constant).

shudders

I just keep getting Mae's skin over and over. At about 5x now. Really want Sym, Tracer and Soldier's skin... Hanzo also despite never really playing him. It's just the only good skin he has that I like. And I've unlocked almost all of the gold player icons except the only one I want... Give me that D.va icon pls :(

I'm going to grind the double xp weekend hard cause f buying loot boxes that are going to give me all dupes anyway.

ZugZug123

Double XP so far gave me Zarya's new skin and Orisa dance. Not too shabby for one night. Got 2 other yellow drops, but they were a Widow repeat skin (I never play her....) And some gold. Have 14k gold and will buy a few dance emotes at the end of this event. Hoping summer one has better skins.

feel

Still need the Widow and Pharah dance emotes.

And just realized there's this sick legendary emote of Dva playing a videogame, I want that one so much.

Top Bottom