• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch GOTY edition & Anniversary event confirmed

benzopil

Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition Coming to the Xbox One on May 23rd
The full game.
10 Bonus Loot Boxes with cosmetic goodies for your Overwatch heroes.
Origin Skins for 5 Overwatch heroes.
A Baby Winston Pet for adventures in World of WarCraft.
The Tracer Hero for battling it out in Heroes of the Storm.
And more!
Plus Overwatch® - 50 Anniversary Loot Boxes with basic description
Celebrate Overwatch's anniversary with a batch of commemorative treats for your heroes during a new event: Overwatch® Anniversary! Kick off the celebration with a bang by picking up Anniversary Loot Boxes*. Every Loot Box contains up to four cosmetic items, including at least one Anniversary Skin, Spray, Highlight Intro, Emote, Victory Pose, Player Icon, or Voice Line. More than 100 Anniversary goodies are waiting for you! If your Anniversary Loot Box contains an item that is already in your collection, you will instead receive in-game Credits that you can use to acquire many customization options. *Anniversary Loot Boxes are available to purchase or earn in-game until June 5, 2017.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Pls more quality of life changes on console. Radio commands etc. I know this doesn't make money like dva meme emotes but blizzard pls.

pagrab

10 boxes seems like a really small bonus TBH.
Also, one hero from the game in which they have already given people twenty heroes for free?

Mediking

Wow.... now that sounds tempting... might get it on PS4 and finally try to see why Overwatch is so popular.

Jacobson

oh wow. if only my friends would be interested in buying this lol. i always fail to convince them to try out overwatch

Yukinari

Two events this close to each other seems really money hungry.

Should just be a big update with items you can get at any time. Watch the Sombra sitting pose be exclusive to this event.

Zomba13

I look forward to getting a billion shitty voice lines and sprays and multiple dupes of the event voice lines and sprays and a single costume if I'm lucky.

Maximo

Should just be a big update with items you can get at any time. Watch the Sombra sitting pose be exclusive to this event.

Being the anniversary some items should just be put into the permanent pool of skins,ect.

Auctopus

I was expecting the Anniversary loot boxes to have items from events throughout the past year.

I wonder what the Anniversary theme will be? Bride Mercy.

Ayumi

So GOTY Xbox edition is basically Origin's Edition? Then what will PC users get as GOTY? Am I reading things wrong?

Spades

Might finally jump in with this - hopefully it'll bring an influx of other noobs as well so I do not get destroyed every single game.

singhr1

So GOTY Xbox edition is basically Origin's Edition? Then what will PC users get as GOTY? Am I reading things wrong?

Origins version exists on every platform. This is just giving you bonus lootboxes as GOTY edition.

It's unbelievable that a game she's a guest in has skins 100x better than the main game, they're so good.

There's also Evangelion skins for OW characters (Genji and D.VA) in HotS and im crying.

I don't understand the 50 anniversary loot boxes. Are they giving us that or do we have to pay ?

You really think it's the former? OP just posted a link to the description from the Xbox Store page.

Might finally jump in with this - hopefully it'll bring an influx of other noobs as well so I do not get destroyed every single game.
You'll be fine. Most of the time Overwatch feels like playing chess with a toddler. Problem is there are toddlers on your team too.

maouvin

Oh yeah they totally need the revenue after those official numbers. Yeah.

I don't understand the 50 anniversary loot boxes. Are they giving us that or do we have to pay ?

It's just the store item that gets you 50 lootboxes. We'll likely get only one free lootbox like the previous events.

But I wouldn't be surprised that in Jeff's grace we end up with something like five free boxes.

Zomba13

What would be nice if the anniversary was just an event they throw open the chance to get every event item. Make it so you get 1 item per box from any of the events but make the event time super short.

Also, Zarya's Arctic skins are fine. Her HotS skins are terrible. They look too over designed and try hard.

Yukinari

What would be nice if the anniversary was just an event they throw open the chance to get every event item. Make it so you get 1 item per box from any of the events but make the event time super short.

Also, Zarya's Arctic skins are fine. Her HotS skins are terrible. They look too over designed and try hard.

Events like summer games are seasonal and confirmed to come back every year so theres no point in doing that.

Veelk

Banned
We know we got a Zarya skin coming.

My bets are a Hanzo skin (Personally I'm hoping Cyborg Hanzo, an alternative universe where Genji won their fight and Hanzo got recruited. But it's probably going to be the christmas skin from the comic), a Pharah, Symmetra, perhaps a new Soldier, Maybe Lucio, and Ana.

Those are all the heroes that haven't recieved much love lately in terms of event skins, atleast no legendaries, so I'm hoping to see them get some stuff.

Yukinari

Top Bottom