• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Halloween Terror 2017 coming October 10! [Mei/Zen/Sym skins leaked?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

Beyond the deathwing skin looking like, well, deathwing, the junkrat one is a Fallen from Diablo. Not sure what you want it to look like, but it's pretty god damn cool.
Not a fan of that D.Va skin, but I do like the Junkrat one that one's great.

TheYanger

Not a fan of that D.Va skin, but I do like the Junkrat one that one's great.

I think the best part is that instead of an exploding tire, he's got a Fallen Lunatic (The fat guys that suicide bomb explode on you in Diablo), who rides around on a wheel with spikes so that it can go over walls and stuff. That's the kind of thing that at a glance is like "Yeah it's his tire with a dude in it" but like...it actually makes perfect (insane) sense. It does what Fallen Lunatics already do, and it 'works' in the same cartoony logic that the games already employ. Love that.

TheYanger

Games that have directly sold skins don't usually allow you to get them for free. I much prefer the method where I can get them for free.

Or you get them INSANELY slowly ALA league. I have put money into Overwatch, but even if I hadn't - the no dupe rule has gotten me every single rare item in the game and almost every skin. I'd probably have over half of them if I hadn't put a cent in, and now if you put moeny in your ROI is significantly better too.

Budi

I think the best part is that instead of an exploding tire, he's got a Fallen Lunatic (The fat guys that suicide bomb explode on you in Diablo), who rides around on a wheel with spikes so that it can go over walls and stuff. That's the kind of thing that at a glance is like "Yeah it's his tire with a dude in it" but like...it actually makes perfect (insane) sense. It does what Fallen Lunatics already do, and it 'works' in the same cartoony logic that the games already employ. Love that.
Very true. And I also think the skin fits for the character really well and compliments the original base design of him.

Edit: To others quoting my original post, not ignoring you. But just as I said, I don't want to have this discussion on this thread when there are other active threads that discuss things like this already. And maybe I'm just spoiled by the Dota 2 model that is the best in the business so I know it can be succesfully done even in F2P of all things, without locking anything meaningful behind a grind or a paywall.

KyleCross

Congrats! And how many hours you had to spend for it? And how does acquiring the skins by just playing fund the further development of new heroes and maps? My response to that person was that selling skins could be used instead of selling maps and heroes.
The amount of time it took is fairly irrelevant, not having enough time for the game is a player issue, not a game issue. As for your point of how it helps the game, a large player base playing a game financially helps it in various ways. New skins during events makes people play more and brings back players that stopped. It's always a boost to their operations.

But I understand your original post now and sorry for misunderstanding.

TheContact

As opposed to buying skins.

I paid $20 for loot boxes back during the first holiday event. That was over a year ago. I’ve got every skin I’ve ever wanted since then by using in game gold or finding them in loot boxes which are frequently attainable. Looking back, that $20 was kind of a waste because I already have enough gold to buy the 2 skins I want from this event, and it’s usually guaranteed you find one legendary per event.

Junkrat's is better.

S3bVxE9.png

Holy shit, amazing.

ZugZug123

This past Summer event was kinda underwhelming for me re: skins for heroes I play so now I have 17k gold to spend on what I want. If Sym's and Mei's don't drop over the event I will just buy them w/ gold on the last day.

So there is "only" gonna be Zen, Sym, Mei, McCree and Reaper?

How many usually do they release for all characters per event? Around 5-6?

Games that have directly sold skins don't usually allow you to get them for free. I much prefer the method where I can get them for free.

Shame I've gotten maybe 2 skins I wanted for this game for free. Everything else I've had to shell out cash for if I wanted a chance.

Though to be fair summer games was a bit better for me so maybe the odds have improved.

Blues1990

I appreciate the detail in those costumes, but I dont like the design. They remind me of Ivys boring Soul Calibur stuff.

At the very least, she doesn't look like a blueberry with those skins (I honestly never cared for Widowmaker's default skin or her other Legendary skins, maybe with her Talon Legendary due to the design of the sniper rifle) and I prefer Ivy's 16th Century countess alt. over her default.

I guess this is an apples and oranges type of situation?

Blues1990

With Cthulu Zenyatta being a thing, it would be perfect if his Discord Voice Lines have him whisper things that will directly seed doubt in the targets mind.

OFFENSE

discord on Doomfist
Zen: "Your 'war' will be meaningless in the long-run.

discord on Genji
Zen: "Both humans and omnics consider you an abomination."/"She will never love you. "

discord on Pharah
Zen: "You failed Khalil. It was your fault."

discord on McCree
Zen: "She is using you, just like he did."

discord on Reaper
Zen: "Death will never come for you, for you'll live in eternal torment."

discord on Soldier: 76
Zen: "You failed Overwatch. You failed your best friend. What kind of hero are you?"

discord on Sombra
Zen: "You can hide nothing from me, Olivia."/"They know."

discord on Tracer
Zen: "You couldn't save Mondatta, so how can you expect to save anyone else?"

DEFENSE

discord on Bastion
Zen: "You only reject your inevitable purpose."

discord on Hanzo
Zen: "The forgiveness you seek shall never be attained."

discord on Junkrat
Zen: *visibly confused*/“You would make a great desciple.”

discord on Mei
Zen: "You slept peacefully while your friends perished."/"Their voices will haunt you forever."

discord on Torbjorn
Zen: "It will never be enough. You will never be enough."

discord on Widowmaker
Zen: "He never loved you. You just wish he did."

TANKS

discord on D.Va
Zen: "One mistake and your home will burn. They'll burn."

discord on Orisa
Zen: "You are expendable. To be used and discarded as she sees fit."

discord on Reinhardt
Zen: "All your friends died as heroes, while you fade away into obscurity."

discord on Roadhog
Zen: "Soon, Mako Rutledge. Soon."

discord on Winston
Zen: "You are nothing but a mindless beast."/"The world will never accept you. Abomination."

discord on Zarya
Zen: "You gave up your dream to fight a hopeless war."/"In the end, you weren't strong enough."

SUPPORT

discord on Ana
Zen: "You abandoned the world and your daughter, all because you were bested."

discord on Lucio
Zen: "Your optimism will be your downfall."

discord on Mercy
Zen: "You can't save everyone, as death is inevitable."

discord on Symmetra
Zen: "You reach for perfection, yet you yourself are flawed."

discord on Zenyatta
Zen: "You preach to no one."

discord on Cthulhu Zenyatta
Zen: "I will come for your dimension next!"/"Now, I will show you TRUE chaos!"

Just a reminder that the event goes live tomorrow! Don't start playing arcade to get your weekly loot boxes until Tuesday!

Well, at least play only two arcade matches so that it's easier to get the first loot box!

I guess this will be the discussion thread for the event? Mods?

Salarians

Was there a trailer for the Summer Games event this year? Outside of the Eichenwalde reskin, maybe there isn't anything new this time around like the Lucioball rework and comp mode.
there was, but it looks like the trailer went live officially around the time the event began

I must have misremembered because it was "leaked" a little earlier

I want the Bastion Blizzcon skin....😤
With Cthulu Zenyatta being a thing, it would be perfect if his Discord Voice Lines have him whisper things that will directly seed doubt in the targets mind.
discord on Genji
Zen: "Both humans and omnics consider you an abomination."/"She will never love you. "
I don't think Tumblr and other shipping fansites would be able to handle that haha!

Blues1990

These are REALLY good!

I really love the load of skin-context voice lines that the developers have created for the more recent skins, Cruiser D.Va and Sentai Genji especially. I hope we get more.

I don't think Tumblr amd other shipping fansites would be able to handle that haha!

In retrospect, I thought the Symmetra and Reinhardt lines were too harsh.

It's the best Bastion skin by a mile. I have an extra code I need to unload still, I'm just lazy.

Is that code still good? I missed out on getting a BlizzCon ticket last year.

Ambient80

I really love the load of skin-context voice lines that the developers have created for the more recent skins, Cruiser D.Va and Sentai Genji especially. I hope we get more.

In retrospect, I thought the Symmetra and Reinhardt lines were too harsh.

Is that code still good? I missed out on getting a BlizzCon ticket last year.

I can seriously hear Zenyatta saying all of those. A dark Zen with an evil more sinister sounding voice would be so cool! One of my favorite voice lines of his is “I know the doubts that plague you.” when throwing Discord in an enemy Genji. These would fit right in with that.

Blues1990

I absolutely love this concept, even if the lines here are a tad long.

Yeah, I can already picture Zen saying those lines then being comically interrupted, a la death. Oh well, LOL.

I can seriously hear Zenyatta saying all of those. A dark Zen with an evil more sinister sounding voice would be so cool! One of my favorite voice lines of his is “I know the doubts that plague you.” when throwing Discord in an enemy Genji. These would fit right in with that.

I'm really curious to see if they will add additional voice filters for that skin, given they didn't do that for Cyberian (Zarya) or Cyberninja (Hanzo).

Really, I wanted Hanzo's Cyberninja skin to give him a similar voice filter like Genji's.

Will we be getting a patch this time, or is it going to be like Summer Games where the patch for that was included with the previous patch, and then the servers completely died for around 10 hours on the night the event went live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom