• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Winter Event - December 13th (no additional info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Btw those event skins etc you only can get when the event is on?
I see some Halloween skins. But there is no way to get that anymore? Why wouldnt they just remove them from the skin list?

Symphonic

Yeti Winston confirmed best skin

I see some Halloween skins. But there is no way to get that anymore? Why wouldnt they just remove them from the skin list?

Only when the event is on. Rumor is they come back every year with the next Halloween/whatever-holiday event.

Mr Clutch

Yeah once the event ends its locked. I'm guessing its easier for them to leave them in the Hero skin screen across the board than to code hiding it from those who own it vs. those who don't.

If Mei and Winston don't get skins I'll be super grumpy, they've had none since launch. Zenyatta needs a legendary as well, if only so that I can hear "experience festivity" when I ult.

So you who don't have them would want them. This makes it so you will more likely play during these timed events and maybe spend money on loot boxes for fear of not earning it during the time it is available.

Theorry

So you who don't have them would want them. This makes it so you will more likely play during these timed events and maybe spend money on loot boxes in for fear of not earning it during the time it is available.

Never bought anything with microtransactions ever in gaming. Probably not starting now haha. But just weird to see Halloween skins being locked now until next year. :)

imjust1n

Banned
I only bought this game because of the Halloween event so that should tell you how excited I am for this one. Damit blizzard stop taking all of my money.

Calling it now, Soldiers skin will be a Santa costume called Santa: 76

I'm sad I missed the Halloween stuff and I think with the timing I am probably going to miss this too.

Kusagari

Only when the event is on. Rumor is they come back every year with the next Halloween/whatever-holiday event.

This could get ridiculous as they'll obviously add more costumes every year.

Imagine coming to Overwatch in year 3 and trying to get one costume out of who knows how many Halloween items at that point.

I dont have enough money for a legendary dva christmas costume, so please, dont let dva have it this event lol
If I get 3000 before the event, then im all for it though lol

HMD

Mei ,Ana and Soldier desperately need Legendary skins, they have the ugliest legendary skins. Especially Mei, you have this cute character and you hide her face and hair in both legendary skins for some reason.

This could get ridiculous as they'll obviously add more costumes every year.

Imagine coming to Overwatch in year 3 and trying to get one costume out of who knows how many Halloween items at that point.

The last event has the new skins for sale at a higher then normal price, if you really wanted witch mercy next year you could save up 3k before then.

As fun as the theme events are (and I love the theme map reskins), the skins, etc. that come out of them are kinda bad. I'd prefer they focused on making actual, good content instead of LOLOLSANTAHOG or whatever.

kewlmyc

Eh, Lucio, Tracer, and Zarya got new legendary skins for the summer games, while Reaper, Roadhog, Junkrat, and Mercy got some legendaries for Halloween. Give them a break, the other characters need some love, especially 76 and Mei with their garbage legendaries.

MartyStu

As fun as the theme events are (and I love the theme map reskins), the skins, etc. that come out of them are kinda bad. I'd prefer they focused on making actual, good content instead of LOLOLSANTAHOG or whatever.

Not mutually exclusive, so we all win!!!

Eh, Lucio, Tracer, and Zarya got new legendary skins for the summer games, while Reaper, Roadhog, Junkrat, and Mercy got some legendaries for Halloween. Give them a break, the other characters need some love, especially 76 and Mei with their garbage legendaries.

76 has all around great skins. Mei could use variety though.

Like sexy santa
I know I am going to hell, just let me have this!!!

Mei ,Ana and Soldier desperately need Legendary skins, they have the ugliest legendary skins. Especially Mei, you have this cute character and you hide her face and hair in both legendary skins for some reason.

Ana and Soldier have two of the best legendaries with their young skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom