• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

kingkitty

• So from what I gather... lynch Verelios, if he isn't scum, then lynch Ouro (or vice versa). I'm not a big fan of lynch chains, but I'll give Verelios/Ouro a deep dank read.
  • A good chunk of day 1 was dedicated to peeping or something, and mass claiming, and no lynching and all I can say is no thank u.
  • Bronx threw a lil doubt on the lynch chain idea, but then like 5 mins later decided to run full pants towards creating a lynch chain. It makes me weary. Bronx has also played a bit of a de-motivator. When arguing for a no-lynch, he said "scum wins every damn time" because we as a town refuse to do different tactics like a no lynch on D1. And that we have to play "smarter". I get a whiff of "I'm a frustrated townie trust me pls". Looking at Day 1, he commented
Bronx (at least for the moment) it's time for you to be (insert Overwatch reference, I don't play this game).

vote: Bronx-Man

If there's a specific person someone wants me to give a read on, ask away. I'll be sitting here in the dark.

This is a vote with no justification other than "no sheaningans". Did Xam even mention Ynnek in his posts... ever? I have to reread his posts, luckily there aren't that many of them with much content
It was 6-5 and I knew mazre wasn't gonna be lynched, so I decided to make it 7-5 to help try to dissuade any last-minute strategic vote switching to try to take advantage of how close it was

I slept through day 1 end as well actually. I want to see what EzekelRAGE did during that time and read more of his posts because I still felt some negative feelings about him with the peek thing. I should read about ouro vs Verelios too.

I will be around in 4-6 hours to do my readings. I hope I'm not alone. Maybe it'll be easier to be more consistent with a bounce off buddy or two.

I'll be back on gaf at around midnight to see if things are any clear for goin thru posts
oh BOY speak of the devil! A scum hunting partn...

Wait, maybe not. But my "bad vibes" man is good too.

VOTE:EzekelRAGE

Let's have fun, okay?
tumblr_inline_nf2bt0ml1V1s6ixoi.gif

kingkitty

Looking at Day 1, he commented

The original sentence would be how I thought it was lil odd that in reply to Ouro (half-jokingly) yelling to Bronx about his lack of substance, he instead replied with a bananas joke (which I assume is a dank Overwatch meme). But I felt like this observation wasn't much of value, so I didn't finish the thought. But I forgot to delete it whole, lawl.

Bronx-Man

Banned
  • So from what I gather... lynch Verelios, if he isn't scum, then lynch Ouro (or vice versa). I'm not a big fan of lynch chains, but I'll give Verelios/Ouro a deep dank read.
  • A good chunk of day 1 was dedicated to peeping or something, and mass claiming, and no lynching and all I can say is no thank u.
  • Bronx threw a lil doubt on the lynch chain idea, but then like 5 mins later decided to run full pants towards creating a lynch chain. It makes me weary. Bronx has also played a bit of a de-motivator. When arguing for a no-lynch, he said "scum wins every damn time" because we as a town refuse to do different tactics like a no lynch on D1. And that we have to play "smarter". I get a whiff of "I'm a frustrated townie trust me pls". Looking at Day 1, he commented
Bronx (at least for the moment) it's time for you to be (insert Overwatch reference, I don't play this game).

vote: Bronx-Man

If there's a specific person someone wants me to give a read on, ask away. I'll be sitting here in the dark.
So your read on me is "Bronx was slightly doubtful of a lynch train, but Ouro gave him a convincing argument to do it, so he's scum".

That seems totally reasonable.

Mazre

Looks like GAF has gotten a bit more responsive, working back through end of day 1 and start of day 2.

Also just because AbsolutBro seems confused, I am in fact not Makai.

Ty4on

I'm just comparing you to our last game and it feels like your arguments aren't as strong and as fran noted, you feel really passive aggressive. I'm not certain that's a scum tell, however... but it's certainly giving me a weird feeling.
It is kind of a similar case to Pokemon where he went hard on Sawneeks who was widely townread. I didn't look back because GAF was awful and now I need sleep, but just from memory I remember town reading Verelios there for being bold. I never made a good read of him there though and skimmed a lot of the WoT between him and Sawneeks. I haven't gotten a townie vibe here though I'm not sure why.
I really think that a couple of scum voted for Ynnek the last day. Ynnek was relitive safe being low profile but a couple of hours before deadline he got several votes. I want to hear from Absolutbro and Xam why they voted for ynnek because they didn't give one the last day. They just voted.

Also I'm not too sure about Bronx. He wanted a no lynch (that's a no) and didn't vote (another no)
I really don't like the tone of this post. It's so robotic I read it in a text-to-speech voice.

I guess the point is likely, but ~2/7 being scum doesn't tell us much. I feel like a much better question is if the lynch was indicative of scum protecting scum!AB or scum trying to stay back while town lynches itself.

Ourobolus

Banned
but just from memory I remember town reading Verelios there for being bold. I never made a good read of him there though and skimmed a lot of the WoT between him and Sawneeks. I haven't gotten a townie vibe here though I'm not sure why.

I understand. Protecting your scumbuddy is paramount. I got ya.

*Splinter

I'll leave that up to your powers of deduction.
If you insist.

Maybe Ouro is a cop who checked Verelios and got a red check. He has two options:

1) Subtly push for Verelios' lynch. Or at least do enough to make your investigation clear in case you die without claiming.
2) Fucking claim

Well 1 is only effective if he avoids full credit for the successful lynch of scum-Verelios, otherwise he's eating an NK anyway. In fact at this point he'd be safer claiming since at least then the other PRs can protect him. So I don't think he's trying 1.

He obviously isn't doing 2.

So it seems he isn't a cop. What options does that leave?

A) Town
B) Scum
C) Scum bussing teammate
D) Neutral

This is the craziest tunnel I've ever seen, which makes A and B less likely. Unhelpful for A, risky with no reward for B.

C is possible, I haven't seen Ouro this single-minded since Heist. I think it's a bit early to push this hard for a teammates lynch though. If he's successful then he can't justify long-term survival, so he'd be buying town cred for the mid game?

That leaves D. Neutral lyncher to be specific. It's the only option where "if I'm wrong you can lynch me tomorrow" isn't complete nonsense.

Deduction concluded. I'll pass on that vote, thanks.

Ourobolus

Banned
If you insist.

Maybe Ouro is a cop who checked Verelios and got a red check. He has two options:

1) Subtly push for Verelios' lynch. Or at least do enough to make your investigation clear in case you die without claiming.
2) Fucking claim

Well 1 is only effective if he avoids full credit for the successful lynch of scum-Verelios, otherwise he's eating an NK anyway. In fact at this point he'd be safer claiming since at least then the other PRs can protect him. So I don't think he's trying 1.

He obviously isn't doing 2.

So it seems he isn't a cop. What options does that leave?

A) Town
B) Scum
C) Scum bussing teammate
D) Neutral

This is the craziest tunnel I've ever seen, which makes A and B less likely. Unhelpful for A, risky with no reward for B.

C is possible, I haven't seen Ouro this single-minded since Heist. I think it's a bit early to push this hard for a teammates lynch though. If he's successful then he can't justify long-term survival, so he'd be buying town cred for the mid game?

That leaves D. Neutral lyncher to be specific. It's the only option where "if I'm wrong you can lynch me tomorrow" isn't complete nonsense.

Deduction concluded. I'll pass on that vote, thanks.

lol

I appreciate the effort, but try option A.

Sure, it helps to look at voting patterns... but your vote still looks like there was no good reasoning behind it. Did you even mention ynnek before on your posts? You could even make the argument later that your vote on ynnek is not indicative of voting patterns, since it was just "stirring shit up" thing.

Also, a question. Your thoughts on Verelious?

Well, most of the reasoning was to force votes to move around. I will not pretend "I don't want to be lynched" did not play a part in it though.

As for Verelious, I almost feel like he and Ouro are two town that have gotten in a hate focused slap fight.

Playing some Junkenstein's Revenge, back later.

Mazre

Widowmaker. Infravision is the flavor.

Pretty strong claim. In the event that another Widowmaker feels like directly contradicting I'd recommend not divulging your ability. In the event theres another cop I'd recommend not divulging at all at this point. Just my 2 cents. I'm fine with lynching Verelious this phase but want to go over some things tomorrow morning, as well as obviously giving everyone a chance to weigh in on day 2.

@Sorian, any word on Kyan, has he been around since early game start? Normally I wouldn't ask this soon but we are on an accelerated schedule here.

Pretty strong claim. In the event that another Widowmaker feels like directly contradicting I'd recommend not divulging your ability. In the event theres another cop I'd recommend not divulging at all at this point. Just my 2 cents. I'm fine with lynching Verelious this phase but want to go over some things tomorrow morning, as well as obviously giving everyone a chance to weigh in on day 2.

@Sorian, any word on Kyan, has he been around since early game start? Normally I wouldn't ask this soon but we are on an accelerated schedule here.

Kyan posted about subbing out. I believe.

Ourobolus

Banned
I for one am not going to drink Ouro's koolaid this quickly

I know. I would recommend against that this time though.

Two questions.

As a cop why were you so underwhelmed by peeking being suggested?

And has your scum list changed or remained the same after discovering V was scum?

1) Honestly I still think peeking is boring, cop or no.
2) No. After Verelios I want to get Ty4on, then Barrylocke. Burb and EzekelRAGE are after that.

I know. I would recommend against that this time though.

1) Honestly I still think peeking is boring, cop or no.
2) No. After Verelios I want to get Ty4on, then Barrylocke. Burb and EzekelRAGE are after that.
Alright, then let me ask you a few questions
Did your top town or top scum (besides Verelios) change as a result of your investigation of Verelios apparently being scum?

franconp

Well, I'm having some complications here and I don't think I will be posting mucho more today and almost nothing tomorrow, maybe I could be around for the end of the voting but I'm not so sure. I'm very sorry for this but there were some RL circunstances.

I'm sure to be back at full during D3 (If I'm still alive).

As I already said I don't like not to vote so:

VOTE: Verelios

Ouro I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. If Verelios isn't mafia I will lynch you the next day no matter what.

welp, we'll get scum either today or tomorrow I guess.

Unless ouro is a lyncher and verelios is his target, but I find that kind of unlikely?

vote: Verelios

Ourobolus

Banned
Alright, then let me ask you a few questions
Did your top town or top scum (besides Verelios) change as a result of your investigation of Verelios apparently being scum?

Honestly, no. I suspected Verelios on D1 due to all the shit I mentioned. The rest are ancillary to Verelios - I suspect Ty4on, Barry, Burb, and Zeke independently. Of course that may change due to votes today.

Well, I'm having some complications here and I don't think I will be posting mucho more today and almost nothing tomorrow, maybe I could be around for the end of the voting but I'm not so sure. I'm very sorry for this but there were some RL circunstances.

I'm sure to be back at full during D3 (If I'm still alive).

As I already said I don't like not to vote so:

VOTE: Verelios

Ouro I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. If Verelios isn't mafia I will lynch you the next day no matter what.

Dude if I am somehow wrong due to a Framer or something, then I'll vote myself.

welp, we'll get scum either today or tomorrow I guess.

Unless ouro is a lyncher and verelios is his target, but I find that kind of unlikely?

vote: Verelios

Still town - I win when Town wins.

Gaf works a little better on mobile.

Uhm, idk what game Ouro is playing but he is full of shit. I'm widowmaker, town.

Vote: Ourobolus

I'm guessing he is a lyncher or something since he can't be town if he was willing to die to lynch Vere and lie about his name.

will be home in around 4 hours to go into more detail.

Lynch Ouro, if he is Widow then we lynch me, then vere. Since Ouro was so tunneled on him for such a minor reason.

Verelios

jesus christ

fine, i'm the goddamn cop

are you happy now

does claiming make it better?
You really gonna make me claim? Really, over this? Fine, okay.

I swear, Ya'll are some of the most ungrateful people I've ever played with. I'm Lucio, once per game I'm able to bulletproof everybody for the night with a soundwave. You're motherfucking welcome

Oh, and good luck with that bullshit cop claim Ouro, especially since one, you called it 'sorian-ified' and two, breadcrumbed your power and it probably has shit all to do with investigation.

Ourobolus

Banned
Gaf works a little better on mobile.

Uhm, idk what game Ouro is playing but he is full of shit. I'm widowmaker, town.

Vote: Ourobolus

I'm guessing he is a lyncher or something since he can't be town if he was willing to die to lynch Vere and lie about his name.

will be home in around 4 hours to go into more detail.

Lynch Ouro, if he is Widow then we lynch me, then vere. Since Ouro was so tunneled on him for such a minor reason.

lol. ok - Protect your scumbuddy, Zeke. I get it. I'm really glad you made sure to clarify that you were town there.

You really gonna make me claim? Really, over this? Fine, okay.

I swear, Ya'll are some of the most ungrateful people I've ever played with. I'm Lucio, once per game I'm able to bulletproof everybody for the night with a soundwave. You're motherfucking welcome

Oh, and good luck with that bullshit cop claim Ouro, especially since one, you called it 'sorian-ified' and two, breadcrumbed your power and it probably has shit all to do with investigation.

I did do that. I'm still alive, aren't I? That's the point of that claim,.

Ourobolus

Banned
Also lol you used your 1-shot, town-wide BP on N1? First off, that role is insane. Second off, even if it were true, why the hell would you use it N1?

Top Bottom