• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Sophia

Okay what did I miss

Ouro claims he is a cop (Widowmaker) and that he investigated Verelios, who is scum.

Ezekel counter claims Ouro's role (Widowmaker) but not his ability.

Verelios claims he is Lucio, and was responsible for no deaths on N1.

Xam is claiming that Verelios is a liar, and may or may not have soft-claimed Lucio.

Now Ouro and Ezekel are arguing over who should be lynched first.

I think that's the jist of it. I'm going to bed.

Also, if we have a vig, feel free to shoot Zeke tonight after we lynch Verelios. It'll save us some discussion tomorrow.
This why we need to settle this today (me vs you)and vig(me or a possible other one) can handle vere or me depending on the result.

Of course you are fine with it. You're not on deck today. Town gets more information from lynching Verelios today rather than me. Lynching Verelios also determines what to do with myself and you tomorrow. And since I'm pretty sure what the outcome of that is, you're the one that should be worried.
Vere has nothing to do with your fake wm claim.

Ourobolus

Banned
This why we need to settle this today (me vs you)and vig(me or a possible other one) can handle vere or me depending on the result.

Vere has nothing to do with your fake wm claim.

No. My claim, character-wise, is irrelevant to this discussion. I am the cop, I found Verelios to be scum. That's the main point here. We can deal with you next since you are falsely claiming Widowmaker to counter my claim to try and save your buddy. Verelios flipping scum tells us two things - I am telling the truth, and you are full of it. Let's say, in a fantasy world, that I flip something else - what does that tell us? Nothing. I'm town, whether you like it or not, so even if you were the real Widowmaker, it doesn't tell us anything.

Verelios' flip gives us more info than anything else.

Ourobolus

Banned
97156474c33de63ee9cca7dc1d433ab2f7b86938b94e75606dd118552a4289a3.jpg

No. My claim, character-wise, is irrelevant to this discussion. I am the cop, I found Verelios to be scum. That's the main point here. We can deal with you next since you are falsely claiming Widowmaker to counter my claim to try and save your buddy. Verelios flipping scum tells us two things - I am telling the truth, and you are full of it. Let's say, in a fantasy world, that I flip something else - what does that tell us? Nothing. I'm town, whether you like it or not, so even if you were the real Widowmaker, it doesn't tell us anything.

Verelios' flip gives us more info than anything else.

You could be a Lynchburg who has to lynch vere. Vere could be scum, who knows. Your character claim wouldn't matter if you just claimed cop. But you made the character part of it wm you lied about who you character was. If it didn't matter then you wouldn't have lied about it. Vere flipping scum doesn't let us know the real widow.

Ourobolus

Banned
You could be a Lynchburg who has to lynch vere. Vere could be scum, who knows. Your character claim wouldn't matter if you just claimed cop. But you made the character part of it wm you lied about who you character was. If it didn't matter then you wouldn't have lied about it. Vere flipping scum doesn't let us know the real widow.

But characters don't matter in this game according to Sorian. Who cares who WM is? All that matters is town and scum. I'm town, I saw that Verelios was scum. The fact that you are so earnestly trying to save him only leads me to believe that you are scum as well. Now, what hero you are, I have no idea- all that matters is that you and he are scum.

But characters don't matter in this game according to Sorian. Who cares who WM is? All that matters is town and scum. I'm town, I saw that Verelios was scum. The fact that you are so earnestly trying to save him only leads me to believe that you are scum as well. Now, what hero you are, I have no idea- all that matters is that you and he are scum.

Wm matters because if you were town you wouldn't have lied about the character knowing that would possibly draw out a townie.

Sorian

Banned
Current vote count, as Sorian is... I dunno, at a piano concert? Weird. Weird and lame.

If there are errors, please blame Sorian for not using the vote count tool, and let me know privately.

I was at....well actually they were doing a piano concert at the time of this post so no rebuttal there. Thank you to both Swamped and Retro for being such good sports and assisting me. Also, you don't need to give them post numbers, I certainly don't.

MOD NOTE

Due to GAF server issues and complaints from multiple players trying to access the site, I will be extending day 2 by 24 hours. Majority still ends the day early as usual.

red_1476720000.png

Ourobolus

Banned
Wm matters because if you were town you wouldn't have lied about the character knowing that would possibly draw out a townie.

Aye, there's the rub:

A) I'm not lying -or-
B) I am lying, and that says nothing about the alignment of the person counter-claiming.

Even if I was lying, what about this makes you a definite townie? Nothing, that's what.

Ourobolus

Banned
This is why you and I are tied to Verelios' flip. If he flips town, then I'm some sort of scum/neutral with a personal vendetta and no regard to my teammates' win condition. If he flips scum, then I'm working in town's interest and you have spent this evening defending scum.

kingkitty

Ouro: As scum, he wants to earn townie trust by bussing scumVerelios. Might explain why he felt the need to claim someone else's character name. But then he has shown a willingness to be lynched even if Verelios is scum, is this a bluff? Is he lowkey hoping the town will move past the lynch chain idea? Seems very bold and risky.

OR maybe Ouro is a neutral, and for some reason for his win condition he needs to kill Vereliios. Maybe through an investigation, he found out that Verelios was his secret long lost friend that he must murder him to win the game.

OR he's a town cop.

OR he's a town cop who is lyin' about his character for some reason or another (or just a townie who is making the most bold moves).

Ezekel: As scum, scumVerelios is so goddamn important that he's willing to risk himself in order to discredit Ouro, even though he could get easily exposed, thereby getting 2 scumbros dead.

OR, Ouro is lyin'. Ezekel is telling the truth. He really is the Widowmaker. But that doesn't necessarily mean Ouro isn't a cop, just that he lied for some reason. jOr Ouro is some no good liar townie, or a neutral, or whatevers.

Verelios: He says he's Lucio who bulletproofed everybody on N1, which seems like a poop move?? Although I do find it strange there's no night death. If this is a role madness game, I imagine there's the possibility for killer neutrals and death capable townies and whatnot. No deaths on the first night seems weird, but I guess that's just a big assumption on my part. Still, bulletproofing everyone would be an explanation except I don't think it makes sense whatsoever to me tactically. Why not wait until later on in the game when each death gets more important? Seems like a waste to me.

UNLESS OF COURSE, Verelios is lyin' and is actually scum or some kind of neutral. And he was just caught by Ouro (or bussed). And may or may not have scumEzekel trying to save him (risky move).

AT LEAST ONE OF Y'ALL ARE LYIN'. I CHOOSE TO KILL

vote: Verelios

If Verelios flips scum, then great. If he's town, and this was for a neutral win condition for Ouro, then whatever. At the very least we get this neutral out of our hair, and Verelios already used his power up. Plus we didn't lose anyone on night 1, so it would it all even out. Unless of course Ouro has a secret killing power that requires the sacrifice of Verelios, raining down 10 deaths for night 2. But I want to be optimistic.

This is why you and I are tied to Verelios' flip. If he flips town, then I'm some sort of scum/neutral with a personal vendetta and no regard to my teammates' win condition. If he flips scum, then I'm working in town's interest and you have spent this evening defending scum.

Im not defending him though.

Thoughts on lynching me, proving I am wm and kynching Ouro next? Only real thing I have is 1 shot sniper so town won't lose much? Other two doesn't really help town too much. depending on his flip you can do vere next. But a town cop wouldn't lie about his character.

Ourobolus

Banned
Thoughts on lynching me, proving I am wm and kynching Ouro next? Only real thing I have is 1 shot sniper so town won't lose much? Other two doesn't really help town too much. depending on his flip you can do vere next. But a town cop wouldn't lie about his character.

I don't know why you are so keen on protecting Verelios here.

If you flip scum, how does that change anything?

I do agree that if we are asking for Vigilante justice to possibly be upheld, then we should try and look at all angles on what to do next. So I'd like to wait until nin comes in since he also had claimed a cop role. Keep in mind that we have about 8 or 9 votes on Verelios and I'd like to figure that part out next before we end this thing early (super early now that we have over 2 days until day end with the extension.) Vere's lynching is all but bound to happen eventually.

I'm more inclined to believe Ouro if only because I feel validated from my prior feelings Ezekiel, that's all the more reason I need to hear about nin's piece.

Vote: Nin1000

im trying to decide if its telling or not that Ezekel and vere dont seem to have actually said one word to each other since this whole shibang started.

probably not.

cabot

this day was supposed to be one hell of a ride.

I mean, it is, but I was hoping more in the 'I can fucking go at it all day long'

Burbeting

Banned
I'm bothered by this thunderdome. On the one hand, I don't believe for a second, that Zeke would try to save his scum partner as blatantly as to counterclaim Widowmaker, since that would basically mean sacrificing two scum the moment Ouro flips town. So I'm inclined to believe that Zeke is telling the truth.

But, why would Ouro claim a character that he knew would be counterclaimed? Seems really dumb thing to do.

On the other side, that power Verelious claimed seems down-right broken. Universal bulletproof, even if for one night? That seems too powerful to me, even unfairly so. And the reasoning Verelious gave to using his power on N1 seems half-baked, for sure. So I'm inclined to believe Verelious is lying too. And why would town lie in a situation like this...?

VOTE: Verelious

It's possible that Ouro is a lyncher, and Verelious is his target. That would make sense with Zeke. But even then, Verelious' claim feels like a lie.

cabot

It took a while for Ouro to accept Lyncher as a possibility, though it's still not particularly likely.

He went after Vere hard on D1, and Lynchers get the role name. So unless Vere dropped some massive role hint very early in the game, I'm inclined to disregard a Lyncher.

What's the count on Vere?

cabot

He went after Vere hard on D1, and Lynchers get the role name. So unless Vere dropped some massive role hint very early in the game, I'm inclined to disregard a Lyncher.

This is the part where I reiterate I know nothing of overwatch, so maybe he did and I missed it.

I'll vote Verelios, I trust Ouro more than he at this moment in time.

cabot

Dumb manual votes.

By my count, Verelios is one vote away from turbo.

I'm not firing the trigger without a reply from ouro on those posts he made.

*Splinter

Ez way to figure out ouro's character. We all name claim and see who is missing?
In case this is still on the table: fuck no

If Ouro is lying I don't need to know his character that badly.

Also who is Amelie Lacroix or whatever that name was. Widowmaker? Another character? What?

*Splinter

She is WM according to the lore
Ok thanks, it kind of sounded like it from context but wanted to check.

Also I don't have a vig shot, so you're all free to vote. Although, if you do want to vote for Verelios you might have my vote tomorrow because what the fuck are you people doing??

VOTE: Ourobolus

We have two widowmaker claims. Lynch one.

*Splinter

I'm bothered by this thunderdome. On the one hand, I don't believe for a second, that Zeke would try to save his scum partner as blatantly as to counterclaim Widowmaker, since that would basically mean sacrificing two scum the moment Ouro flips town. So I'm inclined to believe that Zeke is telling the truth.

But, why would Ouro claim a character that he knew would be counterclaimed? Seems really dumb thing to do.

On the other side, that power Verelious claimed seems down-right broken. Universal bulletproof, even if for one night? That seems too powerful to me, even unfairly so. And the reasoning Verelious gave to using his power on N1 seems half-baked, for sure. So I'm inclined to believe Verelious is lying too. And why would town lie in a situation like this...?

VOTE: Verelious

It's possible that Ouro is a lyncher, and Verelious is his target. That would make sense with Zeke. But even then, Verelious' claim feels like a lie.
I think this was the worst vote I saw. Gives all the reasons that we should be voting Ouro, then votes Verelios because the role is weird.

A weird role in a role madness game? Shocking.

I don't like Verelios' claim much. It is a weird role and conveniently explains the only bit of info we have so far (no death N1). But it would make him ordinary now? So a bit naff in terms of self-preservation (ie. Not a fake claim).

Also several people have said he shouldn't have used it N1. Explain yourselves. N1 is the night most likely to have multiple deaths, and the night where doctor/roleblocker has the smallest chance of preventing a kill. Personally I wouldn't use that power N1 for information reasons, but if you cared more about saving lives it's the best time to use it.

And on further thought it's not that weird: it's a less disruptive lightning rod.

Also also nothing Ouro has said since Zeke's claim has made sense.

Lynch Ouro. If he's scum lynch Burb, if he's town lynch Zeke and Verelios.

Ty4on

Ok thanks, it kind of sounded like it from context but wanted to check.

Also I don't have a vig shot, so you're all free to vote. Although, if you do want to vote for Verelios you might have my vote tomorrow because what the fuck are you people doing??

VOTE: Ourobolus

We have two widowmaker claims. Lynch one.

Why? We lynch Verelios to prove Ouro (if he's town we don't lose an important role and he's sketchy as fuck) and if he flips scum we leave it to scum to kill Ouro tonight. If they fail or don't kill him we have two checks from our cop tomorrow.

This situation is weird af with the counterclaim and Verelios' weird ass role, but I really don't see the point of lynching someone who's claimed cop right away. Especially not when Verelios acted so scummy in response.

---------------
Work in less than 4 hours so I doubt I'll vote, but I'm pro turboing Verelios today.

Ty4on

Also several people have said he shouldn't have used it N1. Explain yourselves. N1 is the night most likely to have multiple deaths, and the night where doctor/roleblocker has the smallest chance of preventing a kill. Personally I wouldn't use that power N1 for information reasons, but if you cared more about saving lives it's the best time to use it.

I kinda agree with this though. If he's telling the truth then while using his power on N1 probably isn't optimal, but I can totally see a townie thinking that way.

*Splinter

Why? We lynch Verelios to prove Ouro (if he's town we don't lose an important role and he's sketchy as fuck) and if he flips scum we leave it to scum to kill Ouro tonight. If they fail or don't kill him we have two checks from our cop tomorrow.

This situation is weird af with the counterclaim and Verelios' weird ass role, but I really don't see the point of lynching someone who's claimed cop right away. Especially not when Verelios acted so scummy in response.

---------------
Work in less than 4 hours so I doubt I'll vote, but I'm pro turboing Verelios today.
Why can't we afford to lose an important role? 2 scum for 1 cop would be the best cop trade I've ever seen.

What about his reaction is scummy? He denies the claim - duh. He's sarcastic - that's Verelios. He claimed early - not the dumbest thing I've seen today.

Ouro has been far scummier. Zeke claims his supposed character and he has 0 interest. All he cares about is Verelios being lynched first. Never mind the possibility of switchers, miller, whatever.

And for everyone else it's even worse. Trusting Ouro's claim on top of the assumptions he's making. Only thing we know for a fact is there are 2 widowmaker claims. One of them lying, Ouro is far and away more suspicious than Zeke in this situation.

Ty4on

And yeah, that Burb vote is bad :/
Ouro claims he is a cop (Widowmaker) and that he investigated Verelios, who is scum.

Ezekel counter claims Ouro's role (Widowmaker) but not his ability.

Verelios claims he is Lucio, and was responsible for no deaths on N1.

Xam is claiming that Verelios is a liar, and may or may not have soft-claimed Lucio.

Now Ouro and Ezekel are arguing over who should be lynched first.

I think that's the jist of it. I'm going to bed.
I read back and I don't really read Xam's posts as softing Lucio. He just seems suspicious of Verelios.
I also refuse to believe we have two counterclaims in a game where we know the roles in use...

Burbeting

Banned
*Splint, I agree that two windowmaker claims are weird, I can't see any scum motivation for either Ouro or Zeke to lie.

But I feel that Verelious is lying about his role as well. 100% immunity for everyone even for one night seems suspicious, and like I said before, using it n1 would be not optimal at all. It feels like a role claim made by scum that would retro-actively fit N1 results. It's even possible it tries to bait some healing role to claim in order to counter it.

Ty4on

Why can't we afford to lose an important role? 2 scum for 1 cop would be the best cop trade I've ever seen.

What about his reaction is scummy? He denies the claim - duh. He's sarcastic - that's Verelios. He claimed early - not the dumbest thing I've seen today.

Ouro has been far scummier. Zeke claims his supposed character and he has 0 interest. All he cares about is Verelios being lynched first. Never mind the possibility of switchers, miller, whatever.

And for everyone else it's even worse. Trusting Ouro's claim on top of the assumptions he's making. Only thing we know for a fact is there are 2 widowmaker claims. One of them lying, Ouro is far and away more suspicious than Zeke in this situation.

He's angry. He's not frustrated and/or confused like a townie who was just red checked.
You really gonna make me claim? Really, over this? Fine, okay.

I swear, Ya'll are some of the most ungrateful people I've ever played with. I'm Lucio, once per game I'm able to bulletproof everybody for the night with a soundwave. You're motherfucking welcome

Oh, and good luck with that bullshit cop claim Ouro, especially since one, you called it 'sorian-ified' and two, breadcrumbed your power and it probably has shit all to do with investigation.

nin1000

Banned
Wow. Woke up to this.

Let's clear things up now.

Vote: Verelious

I want to know.

@barry you will get to know about me soon enough don't worry.

Burbeting

Banned
If verelious is telling the truth, it means he is basically am ordinary now. Scum will keep him alive as long as possible to keep him as a discussion topic.

But yeah. Why the hell would scum claim a hero they are not? What is the motivation to do this?

*Splinter

If verelious is telling the truth, it means he is basically am ordinary now. Scum will keep him alive as long as possible to keep him as a discussion topic.

But yeah. Why the hell would scum claim a hero they are not? What is the motivation to do this?
Are you saying there are 2 widowmaker in the game? Because those claims already happened.

Top Bottom