• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

cabot

Wow. Woke up to this.

Let's clear things up now.

Vote: Verelious

I want to know.

@barry you will get to know about me soon enough don't worry.

If you weren't peeking, then you're a cop who checked me or you're a modified cop (hider etc) who checked me.

The latter would work in ouro's favour.

Still think he's not being fully honest right now, though.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm sure ouro could easily figure out a bullshit reason to modify his claim to fit the hero he actually has.

Worst case scenario is both Ouro and Verelious or only ouro are neutral lynches.

*Splinter

Only way I can see ouro the scum claim a hero that is easy to counter is if we are in lylo. Pretty sure we aren't in lylo.
Only way I can see Ouro fake claim widowmaker is we are in lylo.

Only way I can see Zeke fake claim widowmaker is we are in lylo.

And yet here we are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(No I don't think this is lylo, but "the current situation is unexpected" is not a good excuse for ignoring it).

Burbeting

Banned
Only way I can see Ouro fake claim widowmaker is we are in lylo.

Only way I can see Zeke fake claim widowmaker is we are in lylo.

And yet here we are ¯_(ツ)_/¯

(No I don't think this is lylo, but "the current situation is unexpected" is not a good excuse for ignoring it).

So why would either Ouro or Zeke fake claim? More so Ouro. If either of the two are scum, it's basically suicide on the long run.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm not saying they are both telling the truth. Its most likely neutral-town situation. Or toen-scum if one of them IS REALLY DUMB.

*Splinter

He's angry. He's not frustrated and/or confused like a townie who was just red checked.
SickReads™ aren't worth shit in comparison to a direct counterclaim. If you want to argue for Zeke over Ouro I'm all ears, but I won't be voting outside of those 2 today.

nin1000

Banned
If you weren't peeking, then you're a cop who checked me or you're a modified cop (hider etc) who checked me.

The latter would work in ouro's favour.

Still think he's not being fully honest right now, though.

It was a one shot ability. I am no cop. But one of my abilities was that I could check someone for on night. I wanted to clear things up for us Cabot and chose you.

Burbeting

Banned
I don't know why either would fake claim, which points to some crazy roles that I'm not considering.

The Most logical explanation for fake claiming would be for Ouro and Verelious to be lynches towards each other, ala Disney Princess. In that case, lynching either one would lead to the other leaving the game.

However, if Ouro is telling the truth, then verelious is scum. So lynching verelious would in a sense test out both possibilities.

I just can't see Scum Ouro doing this, unless we have a doppelganger or something.

cabot

So you used your power and are now a normal townie? I'm willing to take the bet then as we don't put our PR at risk.

If you die and flip town we lynch Ouro.
If you die and flip scum we lynch Eze.

It's a win-win situation either way.

fran, are you willing to let the counterclaim go for another day (maybe someone vigi shoots one tonight, maybe not)?

Opinion of that in general? Who's lying? Who's telling the truth?

Burbeting

Banned
So you think Zeke would be that dumb?

Because you didn't say it, but this is exactly what your statement here actually means.

I am saying that Zeke is more likely to fuck that up than ouro, if one of the two were scum. But I don't really think either would be that dumb. I put emphasis on ouro because that's who you voted.

*Splinter

I don't know why either would fake claim, which points to some crazy roles that I'm not considering.
Forger. It think it was in Final Fantasy(?) where scum could create a fake role for someone, but that role would only show if they dies in the same night or following day.

Ie. Create a scum role PM, get that person lynched the next day, town is fucked until the forger flips (which might never happen).

cabot

So Ouro's assumption is scum Eze is protecting scum Vere because dumbness/possible super powerful role.

I mean sure it could be dumb, but I don't see Eze doing that and unless this amazing PR is the ability to clone oneself, no PR is worth losing 2 scum over.

Burbeting

Banned
Forger. It think it was in Final Fantasy(?) where scum could create a fake role for someone, but that role would only show if they dies in the same night or following day.

Ie. Create a scum role PM, get that person lynched the next day, town is fucked until the forger flips (which might never happen).

So who was forged? It's not verelious who counter-claimed.

Ty4on

Wouldn't that make the game bastard?

*Splinter

So who was forged? It's not verelious who counter-claimed.
In that scenario: scum-Ouro has put a fake role PM on Verelios so that he will appear as scum. That's why he needs him dead today more than Zeke.

That wasn't about the counterclaim. NOTHING (I can think of) explains fake claiming widowmaker in a game where a real widowmaker definitely exists. The fact that it doesn't make sense isn't really relevant though since we know it happened.

Burbeting

Banned
So vote Zeke.

I think this is bullshit though.

I already said I'm quite sure Verelious is lying about his power. The power is way too powerful, and feels like it was created to retroactively fit N1.

If Verelious flips town, we know Ouro was lying. Possible vigilante can shoot ouro during the night. Verelious had used his shot so it's just an ordinary loss.

If verelious flips neutral lynched and ouro as well, they both exit the game and we don't have to deal with this tomorrow at all.

If verelious flips scum, town gains great advantage with no n1 death and scum d2 lynch.

Burbeting

Banned
If verelious was forged, town might look at Zeke at d3 (or Vig shoots him?. If he flips widowmaker, eyes look at ouro.

Unless you think Zeke is forged as well.

Burbeting

Banned
So if we lynch ouro:

If ouro flips neutral lynched, same applies as with verelious.

If he flips town, we would have to deal with verelious and Zeke later, and lose our cop.

If he flips scum, Zeke would most likely be town. Verelious could be bussing though.

Burbeting

Banned
If we lynch zeke:

Flipping town would mean ouro is lying. Verelious bus still possible.

If he flips scum (unlikely) then we would still need to deal with verelious, and ouro would be most likely targeted by scum strongman or something. Unless ouro is neutral lyncher.

*Splinter

I already said I'm quite sure Verelious is lying about his power. The power is way too powerful, and feels like it was created to retroactively fit N1.
I agree it feels retroactive, but not that it's too powerful. Its a watered down lightning rod.

If Verelious flips town, we know Ouro was lying. Possible vigilante can shoot ouro during the night. Verelious had used his shot so it's just an ordinary loss.
If Verelios flips town, Ouro might be lying, or his investigation was tampered with (something Ouro doesnt even pretend to consider). If Verelios flips scum, Ouro is probably town.
But you get roughly the same implications (with a little more certainty) if we lynch Ouro first. He also might flip Widowmaker, in which case a potential vig should 100% shoot Zeke tonight.

Verelios being ordinary is the only point in favour of voting him. I still refuse to vote outside the widowmaker claims today.

If verelious flips neutral lynched and ouro as well, they both exit the game and we don't have to deal with this tomorrow at all.
Poor argument. It's as true for Ouro as it is for Verelios.

If verelious flips scum, town gains great advantage with no n1 death and scum d2 lynch.
Same again.
"If Ouro flips scum, town gains great advantage with no N1 death and scum d2 lynch."
Why did you feel the need to pad your post with 2 paragraphs stating the obvious, one of which is true for literally every player in the game? ("If franconp flips scum...")

Burbeting

Banned
Lynching ouro or verelious would potentially get rid of the neutrals. And in this case I believe a cop claim more than the BS power verelious claimed. Lynching Zeke will not resolve the possible neutral powers infighting that will cost town time in the long run.

*Splinter

Multi shot forger would just be unfair, wwe levels of unfair.
For the record that was just an example of a role that wouldn't be considered but fucks town up. I don't think we have a forger.

So if we lynch ouro:

If ouro flips neutral lynched, same applies as with verelious.

If he flips town, we would have to deal with verelious and Zeke later, and lose our cop.

If he flips scum, Zeke would most likely be town. Verelious could be bussing though.

If we lynch zeke:

Flipping town would mean ouro is lying. Verelious bus still possible.

If he flips scum (unlikely) then we would still need to deal with verelious, and ouro would be most likely targeted by scum strongman or something. Unless ouro is neutral lyncher.
Ok so if Verelios flips scum then Ouro is the cop. But if Ouro flips scum then you're suddenly concerned about bussing. WTF Burb?

And why would scum avoid targetting neutral Ouro? They presumably don't know that he's neutral...

*Splinter

Lynching ouro or verelious would potentially get rid of the neutrals. And in this case I believe a cop claim more than the BS power verelious claimed. Lynching Zeke will not resolve the possible neutral powers infighting that will cost town time in the long run.
I'm more interested in the definite liar than the two possible neutrals. IDGAF about neutrals.

It's not a watered down version of lighting rod. It's super doctor/super bp enabler, even if for one night.
Lightning Rod stacks all killing and protective (and other) roles which usually results in no NK (at least early game). It also fucks up all the other roles which makes the next day kinda dull.

This role does "no NK" thing that Lightning Rod does but leaves everything else intact. The more I think about it the more it makes sense as an "improved lightning rod".

Only the convenience bothers me, but that can come down to luck.

Also you forgot the part where if Verelious tells the truth, we only lose an ordinary town player.

Verelios being ordinary is the only point in favour of voting him. I still refuse to vote outside the widowmaker claims today.

Burbeting

Banned
For the record that was just an example of a role that wouldn't be considered but fucks town up. I don't think we have a forger.

Ok so if Verelios flips scum then Ouro is the cop. But if Ouro flips scum then you're suddenly concerned about bussing. WTF Burb?

And why would scum avoid targetting neutral Ouro? They presumably don't know that he's neutral...

For the bussing, the same thing applies to verelious flipping scum obviously. I only thought about it when posting about verelious, and I can't obviously edit my older posts.

If ouro is neutral, then verelious too is neutral (I think the neutral lyncher are almost always a pair). If verelious is town or neutral, the scum would know Ouro is lying (assuming ouro is not scum). So they don't need to target him, they could let town waste their time.

cabot

For the bussing, the same thing applies to verelious flipping scum obviously. I only thought about it when posting about verelious, and I can't obviously edit my older posts.

If ouro is neutral, then verelious too is neutral (I think the neutral lyncher are almost always a pair). If verelious is town or neutral, the scum would know Ouro is lying (assuming ouro is not scum). So they don't need to target him, they could let town waste their time.

Archer. Seath was neutral lyncher targeting Archer, Eze was Archer (Town)

Burbeting

Banned
Lightning Rod stacks all killing and protective (and other) roles which usually results in no NK (at least early game). It also fucks up all the other roles which makes the next day kinda dull.

This role does "no NK" thing that Lightning Rod does but leaves everything else intact. The more I think about it the more it makes sense as an "improved lightning rod".

Only the convenience bothers me, but that can come down to luck.

If scum uses a strongman, it would pass a lightning rod. But not a super duper doctor.

Burbeting

Banned
I swear, Ya'll are some of the most ungrateful people I've ever played with. I'm Lucio, once per game I'm able to bulletproof everybody for the night with a soundwave. You're motherfucking welcome

It's a "bulletproof everything" power. To me Strongman usually doesn't pass a bulletproof (I originally had it so in Pokémon mafia, but after rebalanced was it only changed).

*Splinter

It's a "bulletproof everything" power. To me Strongman usually doesn't pass a bulletproof (I originally had it so in Pokémon mafia, but after rebalanced was it only changed).
Citation needed.

(I don't think I've seen a strongman target a bulletproof, but I never thought such a situation would fail.)

*Splinter

Honestly though did anyone else make this assumption. I know Burb has played elsewhere and maybe it was a norm in his previous forum, but this sounds like a hell of a reach

Ty4on

Isn't that the point of a strongman? In Danny Phantom we needed ours to kill the neutral serial killer who was two shot BP.

Burbeting

Banned
Citation needed.

(I don't think I've seen a strongman target a bulletproof, but I never thought such a situation would fail.)

My assumption is it falls down to each game mod's deliberation about it. I've seen multiple games where it fails, but that's on the old forum where I played, so it doesn't really matter here.

Top Bottom