• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Mazre

One scenario I haven't seen much considered:

Ouro - scum, Zeke -scum, Ver - town :
Ouro is attempting to pull a fast one and get a town lynched while establishing town cred for his scum bud Zeke. He pressed for both as scum on day 1 and zeroed in on Ver day 2. This strategy makes a lot of sense if Ouro has a lynch activated ability (say a Junkrat who drops bombs on death killing his final voter/ or someone else who triggers a double night kill the following night).

This is definitely a long shot but I bring it up mostly because I don't want everyone to give Zeke a pass if Ver flips town.

At this point I'm mostly of the opinion that our best path forward is still to start with a Ver lynch and move forward from there.

cabot

I've got another gig tonight, but I'll place my vote before I go to bed. I don't want to bring turbo into possibility at this point without Cherry Bomb giving something and maybe one of those quiet Vere voters actually saying something useful.

nin1000

Banned
I've got another gig tonight, but I'll place my vote before I go to bed. I don't want to bring turbo into possibility at this point without Cherry Bomb giving something and maybe one of those quiet Vere voters actually saying something useful.
Like me ?

I cleared you as being town :(

cabot

Like me ?

I cleared you as being town :(

My top town currently is franconp, you're not far behind.

It's self serving, but yeah so far you're a town read.

Unfortunately the only way you're clearing me to anyone is through your death or my death.

***Read Bolded if you don't want to read everything***

honestly I think Ouro felt some type of way about Vere trying to lynch him yesterday and is making it personal. Honestly I don't know what Vere is and wouldve sat by and let Ouro continue his thing to see how it played out more since more posting is good for more information. But then he lied about being Widowmaker. And here we are. I think he lied about being a cop when town didn't want to lynch Vere as quickly as Ouro wanted.

He is 100% certain Vere is scum for some reason. Could he be? IDK. But my death shouldn't come because Vere may flip scum and I was forced to come out as Widowmaker that makes no sense at all.

Ouro being a town aligned cop makes no sense either. Since he lied about WM and forced me to come out. Roles were randomized so he had no need to lie about being WM unless he wanted to draw out WM as well for something. He couldve named his true character and claimed any role he wanted.

Between me and Ouro, Ouro has been the only one who has been caught in a lie multiple times with sketchy posts. He even backed down and tried to backpedal the WM claim saying "what does it matter". On top of the fake WM claim looking back at this post looks more shady on him as well:
492b17c8535b84ed7713d35418195566.png

He caught himself here and the ability is something Sorian did make up. Sorian came up with a bulletproof ascetic serial killer cop in a normalish game. No telling what creative abilities could be made in a bastard one.

He chose WM because 1) he looked at the lore or most likely Haly's post and saw WM is grey area enuff to where he felt safely claiming him instead of his actual role
2) His real character may be something neutral to where he has to kill a certain number of ppl like Robin Hood in Archer.
3) He and Vere are both scum and he is trying to get cred. This would be why he backed away from the WM claimed after I came forward. He knows he is full of it and lying.
4) He was afraid to name his real character because maybe the name of the character fit to good with the OW lore associated with the character?

Which brings us to who to lynch between the 3. I don't want to take any chances of dying in the night because of a possible Vere scum flip.

Vere flips scum and someone else with a killing ability kills me thinking Ouro is WM. You lynch Ouro 2mrw maybe, unless he has an abiltiy to kill someone and exits game since he may have met his winning conditions. You stand to lose up to 2-3 town ppl in one night.

Vere flips town - I die in the night due to Ouro lying to get Vere lynched and really wanted WM?

Ouro flips WM - I lied for Vere and town now has 2 scum to lynch in the following days. Maybe one day since someone would most likely kill me in the night for lying.

Ouro doesn't flip WM - Proves I wasn't lying. Vere can then be handled next day phase since me counterclaiming Ouro has nothting to do with Vere's alignment.

TLDR: Vere flip can wait, Ouro flip gets issues cleared up faster.

cabot

I mean if Ouro is cop, scum have a very fucking good reason to lynch ouro as opposed to risk a NK where he could be protected.

Basically, I don't care, Eze.

BUT!

Why do you image capture posts instead of quoting them?

This has been a long term mystery on my mind.

Ourobolus

Banned
Except, Zeke, if on the absolutely unlikely chance I don't flip WM, it doesn't clear you in the slightest, alignment-wise. You'd still be potential scum.

Ourobolus

Banned
One scenario I haven't seen much considered:

Ouro - scum, Zeke -scum, Ver - town :
Ouro is attempting to pull a fast one and get a town lynched while establishing town cred for his scum bud Zeke. He pressed for both as scum on day 1 and zeroed in on Ver day 2. This strategy makes a lot of sense if Ouro has a lynch activated ability (say a Junkrat who drops bombs on death killing his final voter/ or someone else who triggers a double night kill the following night).

This is definitely a long shot but I bring it up mostly because I don't want everyone to give Zeke a pass if Ver flips town.

At this point I'm mostly of the opinion that our best path forward is still to start with a Ver lynch and move forward from there.
This scenario doesn't make sense - why would I draw out this BS with Zeke? Especially if Verelios were to flip town, it's possible that Zeke gets voted first instead of me (unlikely, but possible).

If Verelios flips Town, and you're worried about me being a lynch bomb, someone shoot me tonight.

I mean if Ouro is cop, scum have a very fucking good reason to lynch ouro as opposed to risk a NK where he could be protected.

Basically, I don't care, Eze.

BUT!

Why do you image capture posts instead of quoting them?

This has been a long term mystery on my mind.
It would be dumb for scum to lie to get ouro cop lynched since that would be immediate blowback on the guy who counterclaimed him - Me.

Quote - Think I mostly used it for when ppl are answering quotes in their post. I think the post doesn't show up.

Flavor trap. Sorian said flavor isn't usable to figure out the game.
Can I get clarifaction on this, thought Sorian mean the end of day, start of day flavor stuff.

Except, Zeke, if on the absolutely unlikely chance I don't flip WM, it doesn't clear you in the slightest, alignment-wise. You'd still be potential scum.
That is true, but it proves I wasn't lying about being WM. That has to count for something.

I wonder if you are so in a rush because N1 didn't go as planned and your ability has a clock attached to it. Which is why you are going so aggro now and were so upset Vere used his ability N1.

Mazre

This scenario doesn't make sense - why would I draw out this BS with Zeke? Especially if Verelios were to flip town, it's possible that Zeke gets voted first instead of me (unlikely, but possible).

If Verelios flips Town, and you're worried about me being a lynch bomb, someone shoot me tonight.

All of our current theories have some problem beyond the direct contradictions among you three. Perhaps it's most beneficial for scum if you eat any potential vig shots.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Why would Widowmaker be a cop anyway? From what I can tell, the roles we have match up with each character's lore. Nothing about WM suggests she's an investigator or whatever.

Not today, we've got enough on our plate.

Will book the appointment for tomorrow then.

RE: our new triangle

I trust V the least out of everyone. His reaction to Ouro's claim and realizing he will (likely) be hammered today was telling. If he's power(s) is as he has described it is gone now and we've learned very little from N1. However, I'm not convinced that is what happened, at least not entirely. The best lies come from some true. It seems way to neat of a narrative. Without new information from the night phase scum could be very well be setting us up to mass lynch town.

I will say I believe Rage to an extent and believes there is a reason Ouro can't claim fully. It could be as simple as part of the PM -- for example, in DP Royal was unable to say he was Danny.

Just my thoughts.

Ourobolus

Banned
All of our current theories have some problem beyond the direct contradictions among you three. Perhaps it's most beneficial for scum if you eat any potential vig shots.

Duh.

Why would Widowmaker be a cop anyway? From what I can tell, the roles we have match up with each character's lore. Nothing about WM suggests she's an investigator or whatever.

The roles at seem to match up with abilities, not necessarily "lore." Like, Ynnek7 was McCree, who I would probably more associate with a vigilante, yet it referenced his flashbang ability as a roleblock.

Honestly that should put Ouro on the block there.

He basically just admitted to not being WM.

In all my posts I said I'm WM, Ouro is lying. Kill me or Ouro to prove the truth.

====================

Ouro goes: EVEN IF you are WM, doesnt prove your alignment.
nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Bronx-Man

Banned
Duh.

The roles at seem to match up with abilities, not necessarily "lore." Like, Ynnek7 was McCree, who I would probably more associate with a vigilante, yet it referenced his flashbang ability as a roleblock.
This is true. If you're WM and a cop, how the did the role PM you got tie both of these together?

Cherry Bomb

Neo Member
h3110 everyone! ^_^/

I'm subbing in on short notice, so I don't really know what's going on right now, lol! -3-;

Give me some time to do a hi-speed read on everything that's gone on then I'll give my totally 1337 thoughts <3<3~

Duh.
Flashbang being a roleblock makes sense, flashbang disables an enemy.

But beside that, Now you want to say the roles match up with with abilities not the lore. Just after someone pointed out it didn't make sense for WM to be a cop.

Just last day phase you said this.

I'm sure there are outliers, but so far myself, Ty4on, and Splinter have stated that our abilities make sense, lore-wise (assuming they are telling the truth, of course).

That was worded weird.
The basic gist of the ability is lore-friendly, but in practice it's been Sorian'd.

Ourobolus

Banned
Flashbang being a roleblock makes sense, flashbang disables an enemy.

But beside that, Now you want to say the roles match up with with abilities not the lore. Just after someone pointed out it didn't make sense for WM to be a cop.

Just last day phase you said this.

True, I meant the "lore" as in player abilities in-game. I've played Overwatch but to be honest I know nothing about character's backgrounds. Haly mentioned something about Talon earlier and I had no clue what the hell he was talking about.

Ourobolus

Banned
Look, my offer still stands. On the off-chance that shenanigans happened last night and Verelios flips town, you guys can do what you want with me. Lynch me, shoot me, idc. I'm not neutral so I'm not leaving the game any time soon. I'm also not scum, so I'm not a lynch bomb. But again, if you're worried about that, shoot me tonight.

Look, my offer still stands. On the off-chance that shenanigans happened last night and Verelios flips town, you guys can do what you want with me. Lynch me, shoot me, idc. I'm not neutral so I'm not leaving the game any time soon. I'm also not scum, so I'm not a lynch bomb. But again, if you're worried about that, shoot me tonight.

Now you go from Vere being 1000% scum to him *possibly* flipping town, and if so there must've been some shenanigans.

Vere's flip still doesnt solve the WM argument.

Ourobolus

Banned
Now you go from Vere being 1000% scum to him *possibly* flipping town, and if so there must've been some shenanigans.

Vere's flip still doesnt solve the WM argument.

No, it doesn't. But the Widowmaker argument is ancillary to whether you or I are scum. Verelios, when he flips scum, will show that either

A) I'm town and got him, and you've spent all day defending him
B) I'm scum and I bussed the shit out of him for some reason and you can all lynch me next

I'm positive that Verelios is scum. Now if my target was messed with last night, then I found a separate scum, because that was the result I got back.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah I've seen this pattern in Bloodborne, this all out gamble to kill someone. Ouro is definitely a lyncher or something close to it. But Verelios is also clearly lying in a way that broadcasts scum. Since we're close to majority I won't vote yet but my votes in order of priority would be:

Verelios
Ouro
Ezekel

I still don't know what Ezekel is doing. I would never expect Ezekel to sacrifice himself to protect someone under so much suspicion if they were both scum. Could Ezekel be an Unlyncher? That would make the game more bastard than I'd like but it's the only explanation. Ouro is Lyncher for Verelios. Ezekel is Unlyncher for Verelios.

Ourobolus

Banned
C'mon, Zeke. Keep poking at the tiniest of holes. I'm sure the dam will break at some point. If you want to tell you scum buddies to kill me tonight then we can iron all this out in one day and night phase!

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah I've seen this pattern in Bloodborne, this all out gamble to kill someone. Ouro is definitely a lyncher or something close to it. But Verelios is also clearly lying in a way that broadcasts scum. Since we're close to majority I won't vote yet but my votes in order of priority would be:

Verelios
Ouro
Ezekel

I still don't know what Ezekel is doing. I would never expect Ezekel to sacrifice himself to protect someone under so much suspicion if they were both scum. Could Ezekel be an Unlyncher? That would make the game more bastard than I'd like but it's the only explanation. Ouro is Lyncher for Verelios. Ezekel is Unlyncher for Verelios.

Please give me some credit. If I was a Lyncher I wouldn't go balls to the wall about it. Subtlety is key.

No, it doesn't. But the Widowmaker argument is ancillary to whether you or I are scum. Verelios, when he flips scum, will show that either

A) I'm town and got him, and you've spent all day defending him
B) I'm scum and I bussed the shit out of him for some reason and you can all lynch me next

I'm positive that Verelios is scum. Now if my target was messed with last night, then I found a separate scum, because that was the result I got back.
A) I haven't spent all day defending him, I've spent all day calling you out and proving you wrong on the WM claim.

Verelios
Ouro
Ezekel

We can lynch Vere 2mrw.

Ouro's claims/posts have been shaky for a while. I have always held steady that I was WM. He breads down and says......"even if you are WM you could be scum."

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Please give me some credit. If I was a Lyncher I wouldn't go balls to the wall about it. Subtlety is key.

The key here is that you insist on Verelios being taken out first. You're consistent on this front. The most convincing argument you could make is to lynch yourself first to prove your role claim, and then we lynch Verelios/Ezekel on your word. Would you be willing to make this sacrifice?

C'mon, Zeke. Keep poking at the tiniest of holes. I'm sure the dam will break at some point. If you want to tell you scum buddies to kill me tonight then we can iron all this out in one day and night phase!

You saying I could actually be WM is a tiny hole?

What happened to this?:

I'm going to address scenarios, even the impossible ones.

What are these scenarios? Or did you just get caught slipping again and scrambled for an answer?

Sophia

Hmm.... this is tough.

I want to see Verelios lynched first simply because Ezekel is trying to push so hard for lynching Ouro first.

Yet at the same time, the description of Ouro's ability seems off slightly. Although it's not implausible that Widowmaker could be a cop. Hmm..

Ourobolus

Banned
A) I haven't spent all day defending him, I've spent all day calling you out and proving you wrong on the WM claim.

We can lynch Vere 2mrw.

Ouro's claims/posts have been shaky for a while. I have always held steady that I was WM. He breads down and says......"even if you are WM you could be scum."

You haven't proven anything. You say you're some sort of JOAT. Big whoop.

And I'm addressing the impossible scenario for due diligence. And you can lynch me tomorrow. Why so worried about your buddy Verelios getting lynched today?

Top Bottom