• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

He means Hanzo. Before the Genji video there was a Hanzo video with a Mercy buffing him and him sniping away like he's motherfucking Green Arrow

I guess this is why I'm seeing a lot of Hanzo with pocket buffers now.
Honestly Pocket healer/buffer for the two snipers is the lamest thing in this game since you have to go for Mercy first, which gives Hanzo the time and situation to shoot his random one shot trees and Widow to shoot her machine gun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did that Roadhog chain him? It looks like it bugged and pulled him through Roadhog.

He dashed in front of who the roadhog hooked and reflected. Because he's that good he has the situational awareness and reflexes to do shit like that

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Did that Roadhog chain him? It looks like it bugged and pulled him through Roadhog.

You mean on point B? Nah, he dashed through the Roadhog. Then Seagull gets flashbanged by McCree, but his friendly Zarya saves him with a shield (which removed the stun).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You know, rewatching the Hanzo video and Seagull actually not only misses a lot but he's constantly firing arrows, I need to do more of that and not worry so much about lining up perfect shots. He also shoots a lot to where people are going to be (in theory) which is smart and I need to do more

Xeteh

genji is trash

he needs tracking with those shurikens to be honest--he isn't winning gunfights against most heroes due to the spread

Genji is one of the best heroes in the game.

First legendary skin after 25 boxes - Roadhog

How do I play him?

Hook and shoot, if pathing on the hook doesn't screw you over they land right in front of you and your left click hits like a truck on close range. Go out of line of sight to heal yourself with your E, it has a short cooldown for how much it heals. Your ultimate does decent damage and massive pushback so you can push people off cliffs, objectives or away from their team.

That being said, his hook pathing can be so strange sometimes. If you hook someone higher than you (and straight on) they end up above you, if you're on different levels and you catch them strafing you might as well just guess where they end up. I've had people end up behind me or to the sides. Roadhog is super strong though, if you can be consistent at landing his hooks he's a lot of fun.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I'd like to see an arcade mode where only 1 hero can be in the game. So only 1 mercy on 1 team, etc (similar to DOTA). Would be interesting to see how things adjusted

Rize_21

This can't be said enough, but going custom games is great to explore and learn the maps/ health packs location, I'll start tomorrow, this way I'll just have to focus on my mistakes to become a better player/teammate.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Rapha's Pharah is so amazing. *-* It's hype to see Quake legends playing this game.

So is the whole team built on him as Genji?

Well, his Genji was the only dedicated DPS on the team aside from Widowmaker, so it makes sense that they were playing around him.

You know, rewatching the Hanzo video and Seagull actually not only misses a lot but he's constantly firing arrows, I need to do more of that and not worry so much about lining up perfect shots. He also shoots a lot to where people are going to be (in theory) which is smart and I need to do more
I think this is a big part of a solid Hanzo. It's what I try to do in the rare times I play him.

nOoblet16

You are not suppose to aim for the perfect shot with Hanzo, you have Widowmaker for that. His arrows do a lot of damage and you are suppose to fire them purely based on intuition and instincts.It's actually how sniping works in most games, you have to believe you can hit which makes you try but if you don't then that's one extra hit that you didn't take which could have been a kill.

Rhaknar

I think this is a big part of a solid Hanzo. It's what I try to do in the rare times I play him.

Yeah. Later on hes always shooting even if theres noone there in case someone walks by and catches a stray. Dont get me wrong he's amazing and gets a ridiculous amount of actual skillshots, but its good to know randomly shooting arrows is also part of Hanzo's kit lol

Salarians

Just had a match where POTG went to a Reaper who killed four of my teammates... and not me, a Mercy who rendered those fourth deaths null with the press of a button.

By the by, I'm now level 28 and have one legendary (McCree's Mystery Man). I got three in the beta...

Savitar

Just had a match where POTG went to a Reaper who killed four of my teammates... and not me, a Mercy who rendered those fourth deaths null with the press of a button.

By the by, I'm now level 28 and have one legendary (McCree's Mystery Man). I got three in the beta...

They really need to fix Reaper getting PotG just because he does his ultimate.

Apathy

how canpeople that get to the 30's be so fucking bad.

still got "omg 1337 sniper 360" bull shit and people that won't go onto a point.

Even with no scoreboard the game still devolved into people playing it like CoD

also fuck the russian map, worst designed map in the game

Artanisix

how canpeople that get to the 30's be so fucking bad.

still got "omg 1337 sniper 360" bull shit and people that won't go onto a point.

Even with no scoreboard the game still devolved into people playing it like CoD

also fuck the russian map, worst designed map in the game

all your level is is how much time you put into the game

This game has serious balance problems.

i can't help but disagree. what 'serious' balance problems do you see? imo the only things that need to be looked at at this point in time are widowmaker / mccree nerfs.

R0ckman

Not sure how it works, got potg by getting a triple kill as Lucio by knocking to people off the map and killing one other, while a junk rat on the enemy team did about 3 or 4 multikills with his super.

Ivan 3414

Winston's usefulness is conditional, he is only as useful as your team is competent. Rampaging on a point does nothing if you're teamates are funneling, too stupid to focus down characters focused on you, or too stupid to move past a choke point and pushing to the objective while the team is distracted with you.

What they really need is a simple story mode to help new players or a death match mode to funnel out morons who just want to kill things.

Yeah, I've been using Winston recently and I've come to that conclusion. You can ultimate at the objective and knock everyone away, but without a team behind you you might as well have not done anything at all.

Xeteh

Lol, watching this esportsarena stream and they're doubling up on McCree on offense... there's no way that hero stays untouched whenever the first balance pass happens.

No it doesn't really. Learn how to counter and work with a team.

Mei too stronk, she does freezie things.

Ambient80

Two tips when playing with a decent Zenyatta:

1. And I've said this before. If you see him turn really bright gold and he says "EMBRACE TRANQUILITY!" Please for the love of all that is good in this world do NOT run away from him!!! He is trying to heal you! And it's a really good heal that will let you live through essentially anything!!!

2. Again with his ult. If your team is pinned down by a turret or two, or maybe a Bastion, and the Zen pops his alt and runs into the open, that's a good clue to run out with him and take out the turrets. The turrets will continue focusing on Zen since he was the first person in line of sight, and for some reason some players will all focus on Zen when his ult is up even though Zen is literally invulnerable to damage during that time. Now, Zen cannot attack during this time, so he's just gonna be chilling there taking hits like a boss. YOU focus fire on turrets and Bastions while you are almost immune from taking damage yourself. His alt lasts 5-6 seconds which is more than enough time to focus down a turret or Bastion.

Just a couple things I notice as Zen that others may not think about. The second part especially. I don't run out and take three turrets to the face during my alt to look like a badass, it's my signal to you guys (generally speaking) that "Hey, the turrets are distracted, take them down!!"

Peace and blessings to you all.

Apathy

all your level is is how much time you put into the game

i can't help but disagree. what 'serious' balance problems do you see? imo the only things that need to be looked at at this point in time are widowmaker / mccree nerfs.

I know, it's more a surprise taht after that many levels nad people screaming at them they can still be that stupid

Rizzi

Two tips when playing with a decent Zenyatta:

1. And I've said this before. If you see him turn really bright gold and he says "EMBRACE TRANQUILITY!" Please for the love of all that is good in this world do NOT run away from him!!! He is trying to heal you! And it's a really good heal that will let you live through essentially anything!!!

2. Again with his ult. If your team is pinned down by a turret or two, or maybe a Bastion, and the Zen pops his alt and runs into the open, that's a good clue to run out with him and take out the turrets. The turrets will continue focusing on Zen since he was the first person in line of sight, and for some reason some players will all focus on Zen when his ult is up even though Zen is literally invulnerable to damage during that time. Now, Zen cannot attack during this time, so he's just gonna be chilling there taking hits like a boss. YOU focus fire on turrets and Bastions while you are almost immune from taking damage yourself. His alt lasts 5-6 seconds which is more than enough time to focus down a turret or Bastion.

Just a couple things I notice as Zen that others may not think about. The second part especially. I don't run out and take three turrets to the face during my alt to look like a badass, it's my signal to you guys (generally speaking) that "Hey, the turrets are distracted, take them down!!"

Peace and blessings to you all.

Also if you're hurt stop running around corners when I'm trying to give you a health orb.

Sifl

The game doesn't have balance problems. Every character is a counter and has a counter, which is why you are given the ability to switch hero's mid match. The only problem is that people don't wanna switch, and on consoles there no sort of communication going on, aside from that 1 Reaper saying "everyone on this team is fucking garbage except for me" occasionally.

What's the best way to deal with shields? It's annoying to play against 6 shield hero's and do zero damage.
Health bar shields or shields like Reinhardt? Shields like Reinhardt just focus them down or switch to bastion or Winston if you're feeling zany. For health shields just shoot em, I don't think they get any more resistance, they just regen after a while.

Vorpal

twquBMp.jpg

Spontaneous collaborative art is my favorite feature of Overwatch

caesar

Banned
Rapha's Pharah is so amazing. *-* It's hype to see Quake legends playing this game.

Well, his Genji was the only dedicated DPS on the team aside from Widowmaker, so it makes sense that they were playing around him.

Rapha playing ow? PogChamp

Got a link?

Bought the Anubis skin for Pharah, we ZOE now.

Now all I need is the will to play. I just started working again after my injury so it's been cramping my time and I can't concentrate afterward for a few hours. Then it's already too late to start playing and...ugh.

Ambient80

Also if you're hurt stop running around corners when I'm trying to give you a health orb.

Yewh I usually try to remind folks at the beginning of matches. "Hey, I'm healing as Zen, make sure you stay in line of sight or it won't work." Usually that helps a lot. I assume a lot of folks have never played support or Zen and so far that assumption has paid off with my prematch reminders :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom