• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menitta

P81aZh4.png

Gaf is ready.

Tracer still has 3 blinks to get distance where Mei is effectively unable to do anything.

Not once have I ever ran into a Tracer that still has all 3 teleports in the chamber, they're usually always running on 1 which ain't enough to get out of Mei's range (especially if you wall them off as they try to run). It's still tough to actually get the kill since they usually switch into full runaway mode once the freeze beam hits them, but they're not even remotely a threat to engage.

M.Steiner

Have really missed playing this since the beta ended & haven't felt like playing much else tbh (Uncharted 4 aside). Can't wait to get back in there!

TheYanger

I'm not on the train...sad. How can mercy look longingly to her side without me.

Also, I'm worried my CE won't come until after the servers are up. 4 pm is early for me to get a box usually. sdjkfkldsjfkldsjfkldsjflds
and the theater thing is in 4 hours. jksdfldjsf;kldsjkflsdjdfl

GOD DAMMIT OVERWATCH I NEED YOU AGAIN

Dr. Buni

Where have you been the last few weeks?

Everyone is OP, so clearly the only reasonable solution is to remove every character from the game.
I thought people were joking about the Mei thing, because I can definitely agree playing against her is aggravating. She is in no way OP, tho.

DasFool

Self-heal isn't as useful as it is on paper. It makes the Mei into an immobile and a highly predictable target. Unless you chain it into a wall and escape afterwards, it's very easy to land a headshot or a bomb and you'll be none the better unless you use it to prolong the point contest.
The ice barrier IIRC has 500 HP. That's far less than Reinhardt's shield.
The icicle having no range falloff is probably the only real problem.

The main problem with her self-barrier is that there is absolutely no way to push through it. At least with Roadhog, Soldier, or Bastion, the opposition can take advantage of their lack of movement or just straight up outdamage the healing. But Mei is both invulnerable and immovable while this is happening, rendering the other team to just stare at it until it's over. If she's on a point, she'll stop the team from doing anything. If you had a team with 6 Meis, and alternated self-barrier on a capture point, the game would be over.

I didn't realize her wall had such little health, I never managed to break past it.

When I say this, I say it coming from a place of assumption, which isn't the greatest strategy. So, if I say something stupid, call me out on it.

If you feel Mei is overpowered, play her. The ult does do damage, but not a GREAT amount. Also, I'm not positive, but while it does advance the freeze, it will (almost) never freeze someone solid who was 100% thawed beforehand (in my experience anyway, I'm not the most skilled).

Her AOE gun is VERY close quarters, her hitbox is large because of the jacket, and out-sniping a sniper will very much be a skill based kind of thing due to the inherent nature of it. I don't really feel that Mei is overpowered at all, truth be told. If she is, I find her overpowered in the same way that Soldier 76 is. I have been WRECKED by some 76s.

If you've played her and still come to those conclusions, then, my apologies, we just see things differently then.

I did play Mei for a tiny bit (went maybe 90% Tracer through the beta), but even without mastery of her skills, it still felt ridiculously powerful. Her potential is through the roof.

I thought people were joking about the Mei thing, because I can definitely agree playing against her is aggravating. She is in no way OP, tho.

I think that that is the main thing. She is aggravating as fuck to play against, but that doesn't make her OP.

Moaradin

Only played like 4 hours in the beta but I was surprised how much I was itching to play after it ended. Ended up buying it even when it wasn't really on my radar before then.

Favorite heroes so far are Mei and Roadhog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom