• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Year of the Rooster Event is live (Jan 24th - Feb 13), has CTF Brawl

Kudo

Got the white Mei costume.. Really want that D.Va but doubt I'll have time to grind loot boxes..

Magnus

I bought $20 of Lootboxes, got 4 of Roadhog's new epic Emote, and 2 of the same Mei Legendary (the white one). Got TONS of other dupes, those are just the ones that stuck out.

Might have the same probelm they had with the Christmas boxes, which lead to them giving a bunch more out for free?

I don't remember that issue for Overwatch, but it certainly happened with December's Hearthstone expansion.

I-hate-u

GG Anna

Her nerfs have been ridiculous

Seriously - I feel like every single balance update takes the last remaining bit of fun out of playing heals/support. Mercy is boring. Lucio has gotten boring. Now Anna is gonna get boring.

I LIKE support - but I like it cause I feel like I can make a big difference to a game.

She is still the faster healer in the game.

Surprised there's no Legendary skin for Genji and Hanzo (they're Japanese, but D.VA's Korean and still got one), it would've been cool to see Hanzo's ult fire out those Chinese New Year parade dragons.
0000bab9_medium.jpeg

Seriously - I feel like every single balance update takes the last remaining bit of fun out of playing heals/support. Mercy is boring. Lucio has gotten boring. Now Anna is gonna get boring.

I LIKE support - but I like it cause I feel like I can make a big difference to a game.

There's always Zenyatta, he's still a fun hero to play as; Symmetra got that rework not that long ago too.

Magnus

Honestly a bit baffled at all the excitement for this roster of skins. What do people particularly love about them? They're so blah compared to all the previous holiday/seasonal ones.

『Inaba Resident』;229015865 said:
CTF being both attack and defense at the same time is pretty dumb. Feel like it should have been round based

I like it, need attack and defend at once, and if a defence fails attackers have chance to intercept it.

Zackat

Surprised there's no Legendary skin for Genji and Hanzo (they're Japanese, but D.VA's Korean and still got one), it would've been cool to see Hanzo's ult fire out those Chinese New Year parade dragons.

There's always Zenyatta, he's still a fun hero to play as; Symmetra got that rework not that long ago too.

They will be doing this event every year (they do in all their other games). There will be more skins next year.

LiK

Honestly a bit baffled at all the excitement for this roster of skins. What do people particularly love about them? They're so blah compared to all the previous holiday/seasonal ones.

People like the Asian motif and the Journey to the West ones are fucking great. I found the Xmas ones to be the worst. To each their own.

There's two new achievements for the CTF mode:

Flagbearer
Win Capture the Rooster with a score of 3 to 0.

Cleanup Duty
Recover a flag in a game of Capture the Rooster.

Royce McCutcheon

Just won my first game after Dva nerf, it's touuuuuugh. I tried to solo a zen and he fucked me up so fast. 8 mech recalls which is insane for me. No more 1v6 kill support and fly away lol

Kyari

I love the new Mei skins, hoping I can get one, but they uh ... nerfed her waistline a little with this one.

TP

In the handful of CTF matches i've played it's really fun and fast paced in the observatory but a snooze fest with nothing happening in the market

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i literally have gotten nothing but blues and whites from all my lootboxes for about three months while my friends rake in multi-legendary boxes every couple of weeks :(

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Armor halves damage from shots, up to a maximum of 5 damage reduction. With this nerf and her already giant crit hitbox, Dva is super squishy. She also had an 8% damage nerf based when all pellets hit, however you are now generally doing even fewer damage to smaller targets due to the increased pellet count and how the spread works.

Based on the PTR, DVa feels weaker now than at launch

Bummer. I'd rather have the slow shooting movement speed back than be squishier.

Kremzeek

Just won my first game after Dva nerf, it's touuuuuugh. I tried to solo a zen and he fucked me up so fast. 8 mech recalls which is insane for me. No more 1v6 kill support and fly away lol

exactly.

i'm glad they toned down DVa - with her armor and defensive matrix and flying away she was just too much of a beast (which is why everyone was playing her).

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Genuine question, why is it okay for every single game with skins to put all their characters in Chinese outfits and you never hear a word about cultural appropriation, but people briefly went apeshit about that Pharah skin?

ZeroGravity

Every game of CTF has been pretty much the same. Put Torb and Sym turrets all around the flag and have Sym guard it. Add in armor and shield generators and it's just really not very fun to try and get the flag.

Top Bottom