• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Year of the Rooster Event is live (Jan 24th - Feb 13), has CTF Brawl

LiK

Bought 74 boxes. Got D.va, both Meis, Zenyatta, Reinhardt and a couple of epics like Symmetra and Ana. Seems harder to get skin drops these days than it was in some of the earlier events. I remember having pretty much everything after 100 boxes in the Summer Games.

Hey friend, I think I bought as many loot boxes as you now. I have to admit it...

Garland7G

Bought 74 boxes. Got D.va, both Meis, Zenyatta, Reinhardt and a couple of epics like Symmetra and Ana. Seems harder to get skin drops these days than it was in some of the earlier events. I remember having pretty much everything after 100 boxes in the Summer Games.

Why would you buy 74 boxes on day 1?

D.va was strong but at least it made people actually pick a tank :/

I love D.va but I admit she did need this. She should be versatile but not in every single situation and also live through it.

I suppose the change fits my play style because I tend to stick to higher ground for general distraction and then fly in to the rear to annoy snipers, junkrats or Pharah's if my team isn't dealing with her. Barrier to be a low rent Reinhardt when needed or to help take care of a Bastion.

Why would you buy 74 boxes on day 1?

l plan to do this tonight. I'm a working adult with kids so I get to play maybe 1.5 hours a weeknight and only a couple more on weekends, so no time to level up and earn more boxes. However I'm in love with this game so it's a time vs. money deal for me.

Garland7G

Going away for a long weekend over the next 4 days and then all my weekends are filled up with business trips next month - probably won't be able to play much.

But wait a second, why do I need to justify my spending to you? ;)

No need, I was just curious as to why you wouldn't wait till around the end of the event. To each their own, cheers.

Wanderer5

Lol I got the Zenyatta legendary from the free loot box. Damnnit I was fine with the nutcracker, I want D.va and Mei.:p Got enough to get both with in game currency if I don't get them via loot boxes by the end through.

As much as I love Random Heroes it's crazy some of the bull shit that can happen.

My team is up on capture with 90%. Suddenly the enemy team rolls in with 5 tanks. Including 3 Roadhogs. And then we get stomped

hodgy100

right there is some serious issues with groups and this brawl.

in a group play the brawl. game ends you get a black screen. the game gets stuck here and doesn't let you leave as a group. so you leave as an individual and it says you are still in the group. you can't queue for any games and kicking people from the group does not work. battle net thinks im still in the arcade match (game ending). you basically have to wait for it to timeout and realise you aren't playing a game before you can quit the group then re-add people back in.

EndMerit

My hatred towards Roadhog has been reignited more fierce than ever before. Consider patching him out of the game once Doomfist is released, Blizzard.

CTF is... well, interesting mode, I guess. Me and my team first lost few rounds against enemy team with Rein and Ana, with D.Va as extra support. Their Rein was basically able to walk to the flag, turn around and boost his way to their flag. Salt ensued.

Then I switched to Bastion and stuck behind our flag close to our spawn point, my friend switched to Symmetra, and we ended up completely shutting them down.

My hatred towards Roadhog has been reignited more fierce than ever before. Consider patching him out of the game once Doomfist is released, Blizzard.

CTF is... well, interesting mode, I guess. Me and my team first lost few rounds against enemy team with Rein and Ana, with D.Va as extra support. Their Rein was basically able to walk to the flag, turn around and boost his way to their flag. Salt ensued.

Then I switched to Bastion and stuck behind our flag close to our spawn point, my friend switched to Symmetra, and we ended up completely shutting them down.

y are u so mad about roadhog

Whales

Banned
wouldnt CTF be better if you couldnt use skills while holding it

a tracer blinking or a winston jumping around in his ult with the flag just feels unbalanced to me

a tracer blinking or a winston jumping around in his ult with the flag just feels unbalanced to me

I suppose the justification is you could be doing the same thing to the other team. Probably why many are saying games end in ties so far.
I feel like turning off abilities while holding the flag goes against what makes Overwatch unique. Mobile heroes are now running backs!

I swear Zenyatta has not gotten one bad skin.

They really missed an opportunity with his Halloween skin not making his balls skulls or pumpkins though.

Yukinari

This is the exact reason why Valve banned people using the sticky/rocket jumper to pick up the intel in TF2.

Having that crazy ass mobility at virtually no cost to you is OP in CTF.

Royce McCutcheon

So after 4 games my new D.VA fears are

1. Soldier
2. Ana
3. Zarya (again)
4. Genji
5. Mei

A good Genji fucked up my shit last game, just got in my face and spam at fire, poof gone,everyone knows she's nerfed too, people acting crazy aggressive toward Dva when before I literally had soldiers runnin from me. More back line matrixing, at 3476 now, why couldn't they wait till season 4 to butcher mah baby

That dva nerf is absolutely atrocious. So now she doesnt work for anything, everything can counter her, except winston I think.
Lol at widow and torb actually being able to kill her easily.

At least CTF is fun.

right there is some serious issues with groups and this brawl.

in a group play the brawl. game ends you get a black screen. the game gets stuck here and doesn't let you leave as a group. so you leave as an individual and it says you are still in the group. you can't queue for any games and kicking people from the group does not work. battle net thinks im still in the arcade match (game ending). you basically have to wait for it to timeout and realise you aren't playing a game before you can quit the group then re-add people back in.

Same here, we couldnt play comp as a team either

Trey

In the developer update, Jeff specifically said they tested it this way with various parameters, and it just didn't feel like overwatch.

Hobbes211

I still don't understand how Blizzard can think changing characters this drastically in the middle of a competitive season would be seen as a good thing. These balance patches should come between seasons.

Strakt

I still don't understand how Blizzard can think changing characters this drastically in the middle of a competitive season would be seen as a good thing. These balance patches should come between seasons.

If they waited until balancing after the season ended, a ton of people would of quit. The meta was TERRIBLE. 3-4 tanks every game, no dps was chosen aside from soldier, with an ana/lucio. The only other viable comp was the one with sym/torb. If anything, they need to introduce balance changes more frequently.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
CTF would be better if certain skills or heroes(like Symmetra) were deactivated, but I guess people would just not like it.

Whales

Banned
In the developer update, Jeff specifically said they tested it this way with various parameters, and it just didn't feel like overwatch.

I dunno, equaling a single person not being able to use his skills while holding the flag to "doesnt feel like OW" is weird to me

Hobbes211

If they waited until balancing after the season ended, a ton of people would of quit. The meta was TERRIBLE. 3-4 tanks every game, no dps was chosen aside from soldier, with an ana/lucio. The only other viable comp was the one with sym/torb. If anything, they need to introduce balance changes more frequently.

I disagree, but I see where you're coming from. I look at it like competitive sports in the sense that major changes to rosters come between seasons. Blizzard also needs to make the PTR more accessible. Putting an option to launch it directly into the game menu instead of having a different client would be a good step to actually getting people onto the server so they could get real feedback. The stats I heard were something like 1.4% (or less) of players actually test these changes. That's hardly enough data to implement a significant change mid season.

EDIT: For the record, I'm salty because I main Roadhog and I was really starting to have fun with D.Va.

Xiaoki

I love D.va but I admit she did need this. She should be versatile but not in every single situation and also live through it.
Well, now she doesn't have the health or damage to be versatile in any situation.

It doesn't matter who you "dive" onto she either won't be able to kill them or survive their counter attack.

You can pretty much take anyone else and do a better job.

So, no, this is not what she needed.

Royce McCutcheon

Well, now she doesn't have the health or damage to be versatile in any situation.

It doesn't matter who you "dive" onto she either won't be able to kill them or survive their counter attack.

You can pretty much take anyone else and do a better job.

So, no, this is not what she needed.

Yea, I can't even dive on Zen reliably right now, and people are NOT DYING,I can't damage them from certain distances anymore,I thought they gave her more bullets, but my accuracy has been about 13% lower than my career average so far. I can't hit these people lol

CTF was super fun for like an hour, then everyone started just picking boring troll turtle comps like Torb, Sym, D.Va, Bastion and then sitting in their base the entire game without making any attempt to attack.

Top Bottom