• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played using the mic for the first time today and it worked on my second loop following the steps everyone has laid out. Awesome!!

I would gladly pay 20 bucks for a beefed up version of this game, maybe like a whole house.
cant imagine what the basement would be like :/

Batzi

Banned
Åesop;125614964 said:
The PS4 comes with a headset though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
True but how many of those who bought the console plug the headset? You can't assume we're going to do that.

majik13

True but how many of those who bought the console plug the headset? You can't assume we're going to do that.
Kojima has said the final puzzle is supposed to be a group effort. And since this is a free teaser he has no obligation for you to complete the game.

But regardless, still seems random and a headset apparently isnt a requirement. But it helps.

Ive tried everything and still havent been chosen.

I feel there may be external requirements. Like having friends online or puzzle changes every hour, or changes based on some trivial thing that happened or not in your playthrough.

Or perhaps not everyone can be chosen, no matter what. Or Maybe it depends if you have a Ground Zeros save file, etc

kimtish

Neo Member
Haven't read the thread, but is anyone else having problems with screen tearing on this demo?

HUGE line in the middle of my screen when I move the camera.

I think the game works with online synergy. Players online affect other players games. That is why we get all random stuff. Also the count marks on the starter room... I think everytime a player finishes th game a new mark gets added.
Anyone tried testing playing online vs offline?

majik13

I think the game works with online synergy. Players online affect other players games. That is why we get all random stuff. Also the count marks on the starter room... I think everytime a player finishes th game a new mark gets added.
Anyone tried testing playing online vs offline?

Maybe, sometimes I even hear new marks being added, a scratching you can somewhat pinpoint the audio but I haven't visually seen a mark being added.

I'm not sure why people are intentionally frustrating themselves trying to "finish" the game just to see the secret we all know about by now. I reached the final loop, messed around a bit and that was the end of it for me.

Ooook I didn't expect my screen shot to show up over here LOL! Previous posters were right about me just messing around with the brightness, contrast, and saturation some. This really shows off what the Fox Engine is capable of. I think what I liked most about the pic is the film grain effect. Reminds me of when someone tries to take a picture in a dark hallway with an older cell phone or camera and flash. Here is another screen shot I managed to get but couldn't get the same effect that I wanted.
B1NCCvW.jpg

Does anyone have video of this moment? I missed it on my playthrough. :(

consoul

Cannot get a second giggle, but still can't stop trying! Unlike every other trigger in P.T. it certainly seems like there isn't just one consistent method for it.

BvFuHTXCQAEsBiT.jpg:large

Panthers

Kojima has said the final puzzle is supposed to be a group effort. And since this is a free teaser he has no obligation for you to complete the game.

But regardless, still seems random and a headset apparently isnt a requirement. But it helps.

Ive tried everything and still havent been chosen.

I feel there may be external requirements. Like having friends online or puzzle changes every hour, or changes based on some trivial thing that happened or not in your playthrough.

Or perhaps not everyone can be chosen, no matter what. Or Maybe it depends if you have a Ground Zeros save file, etc

It may be random. Try pausing it for a while. I had the baby giggle once while it was paused. Also, I could not get it to work until I had a mic plugged in and my internet was connected.

sn00zer

What's the deal with this image? Got it when
the game glitches out
. Most people I've seen got that red or yellow message.

You the player are the father 'J' is tryin to reach....the father that murdered his family and does nothing, but play games all day....lots of other stuff indicating the player is actually a character including the narrator "seeing his body in front of him" ie. third person camera

Here is mine although there probably a lot better versions out there, especially with peoples reactions!

Balcony encounter

Eep.

It's somehow even more unnerving having went through that section without knowing she was watching me.

This felt just like a nope simulator. I mean, you can't really do anything but walk. I guess it's supposed to make you feel helpless?

I wouldn't really consider P.T. a game at all. It's pure marketing. It was designed with the sole intention to be streamed/discussed. For what it sets out to do, it's basically perfect.

Shizuka

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find a walkthrough on YouTube that's not a guide or that doesn't have a commentary or reaction. Can someone share a good walkthrough video for those that just want to see what all of this is about but don't have a PS4? Thank you in advance.

Seik

Banned
Just finished the final loop in one shot, I think that was pure luck though, it went REALLY quickly.

I did the 10 steps trick.

Then I briefly looked at the radio, then HELL, then the clock (just before she comes back for the second time) and then BOOM second laugh, I stopped moving and the controller started shaking than third laugh+phone. I was ecstatic at how quickly it went, should've streamed that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, for statistics purposes, I had the mike plugged during that run, last time I tried I wasn't able to do it...fuck...do we really need a mic plugged in? D:

psylah

I thought it was right after the red hall peephole segment.

I went in there and looked but I got nothin, as a matter of fact I think after the hall running / peeping sequence when I looked in there there was no baby, went for the door and the baby was back in the next iteration but wouldn't talk.

Do you have to delete the demo and reinstall it to start over? or do you have to finish it and get the trailer?

CREMSteve

I went in there and looked but I got nothin, as a matter of fact I think after the hall running / peeping sequence when I looked in there there was no baby, went for the door and the baby was back in the next iteration but wouldn't talk.

Do you have to delete the demo and reinstall it to start over? or do you have to finish it and get the trailer?
The game saves your progress automatically. Just go and delete the save file and you can start from the beginning.

hughesta

Banned
Just beat it in like, two minutes! Holy shit.

Step 1: Walk to phone, wait for spooky noises to stop.
Step 2: Ten steps to the radio. Giggle.
Step 3: Walk around foyer area, examining the radio and all pictures.
Step 4: Next haunting starts. Walk into the bathroom and stare at mirror, occasionally pressing R3 (Lisa was NOT behind me.) Giggle after the haunting sounds fade out.
Step 5: Controller vibrates. Stand still until third giggle, and go examine the phone when it rings.

Just did this again (with Lisa visible in the reflection this time) and it worked exactly the same. Seems fairly consistent.

Jarrod357

Neo Member
On my first playthrough I only saw the woman once in the beginning and that was it. How do I make her appear? I keep hearing about possession and being killed but I never had a chance to be killed or possessed!

Schrade

"Hey guys at 26:00 that was me it's the background I'm using my rendering must've glitched sorry I didn't pick it up lol
It's in no way part of the game"

Bah. I never read comments on YouTube videos. Yeah sure it glitched right there...

jaaz

Just beat it in like, two minutes! Holy shit.

Step 1: Walk to phone, wait for spooky noises to stop.
Step 2: Ten steps to the radio. Giggle.
Step 3: Walk around foyer area, examining the radio and all pictures.
Step 4: Next haunting starts. Walk into the bathroom and stare at mirror, occasionally pressing R3 (Lisa was NOT behind me.) Giggle after the haunting sounds fade out.
Step 5: Controller vibrates. Stand still until third giggle, and go examine the phone when it rings.

You are a genius. This worked for me on the first try after nothing else worked. Thanks!

Finished it tonight. Holy crap that ending. My frothing demand for Hideo Del Toro Reedus increases.

Does this use the mic?
I have been told part of the game requires it, so I mic'ed up, and it worked. Not sure if it wouldn't have worked without it. I didn't hear anything come through the headset which is good because I probably would have had an accident.

Vire

I just booted up Outlast because I was jonsing for some more horror games and I couldn't help but notice how laughably cheesy it was by comparison to this.

*sigh*

Erevador

Finally beat it! I feel such a sense of accomplishment. All the misery and frustration was worth it. When I finally felt that controller vibrate... special moment.

A+ Kojima.

Eggbok

On the radio they talk about a man shooting his pregnant wife. So are you the guy who shot his pregnant wife? and the women that was killed is who is haunting you. and the dead baby is the fetus in the sink? seems right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom