• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

nynt9

Sick. This devil made me scream. Felt so weird, lol.

Definitely not 60fps. Controls feels a little sluggish too.

Kojima said that they intentionally gimped the quality and performance of the demo to give it a more "indie" feel so people wouldn't be able to guess it's them.

Near the end (which I still haven't accomplished...damnit) I can cause the baby to giggle by waiting until after the clock goes to 0:00 and the bells and creepy music is over...I walk to the "Hell" phrase on the wall then stare and either immediately get a giggle or it happens once I walk to the phone...still hasn't caused me to get a phone call though so I think that's just a dead end

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
adam-goldberg.jpeg

This demo reminds me of that beginning scene in Stay Alive. I wonder if there's going to be a wiki in a week or two. It has some basics that have a ton of potential, but I wonder what more they could do with it. I'd love to have houses like this to explore in an actual game. It's that moment when you open the door and realize it looks like any suburban home you've visited in your life. I want more.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
oh my god this game

Now I had the ghost show up at the exact same spot, possess me again, went to the bathroom to look at the sink just like last time which got me a giggle. No giggle. Then I walk to the clock, got a giggle, when that didn't happen last time.

fucking whyyyyyyyyy

vypek

Get his ass in here.

So same thing, two baby giggles and a phone? How many loops did it take him?

He is still busy streaming and going for 3rd try. I think there were 3 giggles on the last one. The first solve took no loops. The second took like 3 or 4.

For the record, we ignored first phone call and looped. And then looped about 2-3 times again (and were killed during) before we got the call and watched trailer together

Totally stumped.

Been knocked over by a woman once (corridor after getting flashlight)
Now I can't get in the bathroom even though the door is open slightly. Can just hear the creepy breathing noise everywhere!

Chabbles

for me i looked up after the picture was thrown and smashed on the floor, she was just staring at me and then moved backwards.

Yeah i remember that, i think it was a pane of glass that falls and shatters from above the front door, every time i've played would of been standing directly under her though, impossible to see where i was standing, next time i be ready though.

Kojima said that they intentionally gimped the quality and performance of the demo to give it a more "indie" feel so people wouldn't be able to guess it's them.

That makes sense. Some of the object occlusion was downright broken. Shit that I would have fixed as a Jr. Programmer.

Sean

Banned
Is there a way to start over? Want someone else to see it from the beginning.

I press Options/Start but can't find a way to get to the main menu or anything to start a "new game".

ThankeeSai

Still can't trigger the phone.

I'm starting to think that it's totally random and that when the voice on the phone says
"You've been chosen" it's literally referring to you, the player, being chosen to watch the trailer.

Maybe.

He is still busy streaming and going for 3rd try. I think there were 3 giggles on the last one. The first solve took no loops. The second took like 3 or 4.

For the record, we ignored first phone call and looped. And then looped about 2-3 times again (and were killed during) before we got the call and watched trailer together

So how long would he stay in a loop, big amounts of time?

DOWN

Banned
I'm at the part where I've heard a couple of random giggles and looped around, stood by the phone and heard a reverse phrase. Got possessed and I just have no clue what to do.

vypek

Would he get possessed or would he avoid the ghost?

Most importantly, what was he doing when he heard the second baby giggle?

Its changed each time. There is no consistency for his giggles. He just got it a 3rd time. Pretty much a speedrun. Had 3 giggles definitely. Not 2. This latest time he didnt meet the ghost at all. All the giggles were not too far from the phone itself. Others have taken place by the radio or just in a random hallway spot

Papercuts

Got a giggle looking at the clock again, had multiple instances of seeing the ghost in areas where she wouldn't possess me but nothing else would trigger. Ended up getting possessed again, still nothing.

I am going to punt my ps4 out a window.

IrishNinja

Edit: And while just saying that, I had a baby giggle looking at the thing in the bathroom sink while possessed.

I wasn't possessed when I beat it, but I've seen streams where they were so who the hell knows >_< lol

haha okay, so possession isn't a barrier (or much of a factor) it seems...unless the rules in one color's hall versus mine (no light) are different, ugh

It pisses me off how easy he got that. Walking into the bathroom got a giggle, went to radio, then starred at phone for a while, another giggle. The first haunting didn't even finish it, he did it while the ghost was somewhere, probably at the loop entrance or the mirror in the bathroom.

yeah, the best part is his impatience about it too

Papercuts

haha okay, so possession isn't a barrier (or much of a factor) it seems...unless the rules in one color's hall versus mine (no light) are different, ugh

yeah, the best part is his impatience about it too

I've been in the same kind of rut as you, where it seems like it would stop things, but then I did get a giggle afterwards. But while non possessed i've gotten a giggle more frequently and also a message on my screen after pausing.

Yep. Definitely. So dont know whats going on. Its not 2 giggles to solve apparently. Nothing was done with the bathroom at all.

Controller starts to vibrate after the second giggle, then you get the third right before the phone rings. I believe, seems to be consistent from what I played and what I've seen. Anyone else have a different experience when completing it?

vypek

Controller starts to vibrate after the second giggle, then you get the third right before the phone rings. I believe, seems to be consistent from what I played and what I've seen. Anyone else have a different experience when completing it?

Alright. And we know standing still doesnt seem to matter. Get the two giggles, a vibration for some reason, and the third giggle and then the call. Seems to be the only thing consistent

You only have to concern yourself with two. The third happens just before the phone rings but after/during vibration.

Ah, gotcha

has anyone posted the script of the radio news broadcasts that play? About how the father murdered the entire family? Any clues in there?

The day of the crime, the father went to the trunk of his car, retrieved the rifle, and shot if wife as she was cleaning up the kitchen after lunch. When his ten-year-old son came to investigate the commotion, the father shot him, too. His six-year-old daughter had the good sense to hide in the bathroom, but the report suggest he lured her out by telling her it was just a game. The girl was found shot in the chest at point-blank range. The mother, who he shot in the stomach, was pregnant at the time. Police arrived on-scene after neighbors called 911 found the father in his car, listening to the radio.

Several days before the murders, neighbors say they heard the father repeating a sequence of numbers in a loud voice. They said it was like he was chanting a strange spell. There was another family shot to death in the same state last month, and in December last year a man used a rifle and meat cleaver to murder his entire family. In each case, the perpetrators were fathers. State police say the string of domestic homicides appear unrelated though it could be part of a larger trend, such as employment, childcare, and other social issues facing the average family.

Its changed each time. There is no consistency for his giggles. He just got it a 3rd time. Pretty much a speedrun. Had 3 giggles definitely. Not 2. This latest time he didnt meet the ghost at all. All the giggles were not too far from the phone itself. Others have taken place by the radio or just in a random hallway spot

But he is just continuing onto a loop after hearing all the giggles right. He is not actually reloading the game to do a true restart? Maybe after you get the giggles they are easier to get.

Jabba

Banned
Yep. Definitely. So dont know whats going on. Its not 2 giggles to solve apparently. Nothing was done with the bathroom at all.

Yeah you're right. Xaos didn't do anything the same between clears. Tempest or anyone on gaf who has finished multiple times. Has anyone finished using two different colors?

Papercuts

Lol, maybe I'll try streaming it then. Also might explain why the gamespot stream couldn't get anything to happen since it wasn't the integrated console streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom