• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 01, 2009

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Sooo... according to an article published on what is without a doubt Italy's most prominent newspaper, "Il Corriere della sera", RTL Interactive announced a couple of days ago that Winter Sports 2009 (PC, Wii, DS, PS2, Xbox360) has already passed 300k units sold O_O
Wii's the "flagship sku" with balance board support, it was also the only sku figuring with its own cover in the article published and I think this shitty game has even charted in some countries IIRC.

300.000 copies sold of Winter-goddamned-Sports 2009... possibly more than what a Disaster/Wario Land Shake/Valkyrie C. could ever dream of achieving together and it's only been out since late November. -__-

But hey, it's from the company that brought you Wii's own Biathlon 2009!
At least, *if* I'm not mistaken, they're publishing World of Goo retail version in Germany or something.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Dash Kappei said:
Sooo... according to an article published on what is without a doubt Italy's most prominent newspaper, "Il Corriere della sera", RTL Interactive announced a couple of days ago that Winter Sports 2009 (PC, Wii, DS, PS2, Xbox360) has already passed 300k units sold O_O
Wii's the "flagship sku" with balance board support, it was also the only sku figuring with its own cover in the article published and I think this shitty game has even charted in some countries IIRC.

300.000 copies sold of Winter-goddamned-Sports 2009... possibly more than what a Disaster/Wario Land Shake/Valkyrie C. could ever dream of achieving together and it's only been out since late November. -__-

But hey, it's from the company that brought you Wii's own Biathlon 2009!
At least, *if* I'm not mistaken, they're publishing World of Goo retail version in Germany or something.
Is it any good, though?

Just checked and it's due out here in the UK at the end of Feb.

Anyone know the LTD's of the current-gen consoles in the UK (doesn't have to be up to date, anything that is pat November 07 will best what I have!)

spwolf

cjelly said:
What PR?

The only PR was that they had doubled their sales rate, nothing about outselling PS3 LTD.

really? I am pretty sure that they were saying they were outselling PS3 in Western Europe while Sony responded with outselling claim in EMEA....

909er

spwolf said:
really? I am pretty sure that they were saying they were outselling PS3 in Western Europe while Sony responded with outselling claim in EMEA....

They said they started outselling the PS3 after their September price cut, so it's possible that it just wasn't enough to catch up for the year.

Dash Kappei

cjelly said:
Is it any good, though?

Just checked and it's due out here in the UK at the end of Feb.

Dunno, it's probably shite but Balance Board support may be fun, just don't count on it :lol

So wow, 300k WITHOUT a UK release?! I'm floored :O

Dash Kappei

I remember seeing an article stating that the Wii was now past X360+PS3 installed base in UK?
Did I dream of that or does anybody have a link to boot?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Dash Kappei said:
I remember seeing an article stating that the Wii was now past X360+PS3 installed base in UK?
Did I dream of that or does anybody have a link to boot?
Look a few posts up and you'll see it was only 100k behind in September. :p

Accident

I got this numbers from an italian forum, but they usually only post reliable numbers (they banned vg chartz :lol )

Hardware Novembre Italia (27 Ottobre 2008 al 30 Novembre 2008) 5 settimane
1 DS: 171.000
2 WII: 110.000
3 X360: 76.500
4 PSP: 46.000
5 PS3: 44.500
6 PS2: 32.000

2008 Totale
1 NDS: 1.101.000
2 WII: 526.500
3 PSP: 483.000
4 PS3: 347.500
5 PS2: 319.500
6 360: 292.000

Hardware totale Italia (30 Novembre 2008)
1 PS2: 5.515.000
2 NDS: 2.920.500
3 PSP: 1.475.500
4 WII: 799.500
5 PS3: 704.500
6 360: 623.500

Dash Kappei

Accident said:
I got this numbers from an italian forum, but they usually only post reliable numbers (they banned vg chartz :lol )

Yeah they should be legit, gfk releated, evereye forum?

Also:
From "the SUN"

"in 2008, sales of Nintendo DS titles in Britain rose by 28%, to a total of 19.1 million."

Did we already knew this? Hope it's not old.

TJ Spyke

Accident said:

Wasn't Italy a solid territory for Sony? Now another country has finally fallen at the hands of the Wii. :lol

donny2112

Accident said:

Forumeye? The numbers are probably from the same VG Chartz poster that's been putting out Gfk Italia numbers for over a year now. I trust that guy's data, for what it's worth.

Top Bottom