• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 12, 2013

SmokyDave

Poor Criterion. All that effort only to be slapped in the face by Wii-U owners. I'd buy it but I've already got it on Vita and PS3.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Has someone noticed that Sly: Thieves in Time didn't chart?
It seems it manged to pass undetected.

Edit: nvm, Crisis averted.

Amazon says that Thieves In Time comes out on the 28th.

That's when they claim my pre-order will arrive :D

I don't actually expect it to sell well in the UK anyway. It doesn't have a picture of a gun on the cover.

The_Lump

Banned
All games come out on a Friday in the UK, apart from 'event' titles like Halo, Call of Duty and Tomb Raider.

All games come out on friday.

Generally games sell most of their first week sales on the first day and most of their first month in the first week.

Yeah I know they all launch on Friday, just thought it's a bit early to say Criterion got a slap in the face ;) But what do I know!

On another note, does this include d/l?

Yeah I know they all launch on Friday, just thought it's a bit early to say Criterion got a slap in the face ;) But what do I know!

On another note, does this include d/l?

no it doesnt include downloads

FWIW monhun is 11 and nfs is 12 in the all time wii u uk download chart

I can assure you, those sales figures aren't going anywhere but down.

Still, it could be worse: The Walking Dead game had only 1% of its sales on the Wii U? That's a worrying breakdown that doesn't bode well for future Wii U ports...

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
BS. Improvements or not to expect wii u owners to pay full wack for an old game is just stupid!!

Yes, theyre too busy buying... other.... hrrrm. An audience that has nothing but excuses isn't one many third parties are gonna bother aiming for.

liger05

Yes, theyre too busy buying... other.... hrrrm. An audience that has nothing but excuses isn't one many third parties are gonna bother aiming for.

Excuses? So expensive 3rd party ports that could of been played already on other consoles or can be picked up for cheap on other consoles is the future for third parties on the Wii U? Yes that will work

Is anyone saying "big success"? At least the percentage drop from Tri isn't quite as dramatic as the GOWs respective plummets, and that's for an expanded rerelease with zero advertising. :p

Monster Hunter Tri debuted in the UK with around 16.000 - 17.000 units sold.

I don't think I'd describe the <5.5K of MH3U as impressive. I guess ymmv. On the plus side it probably had a ~5% attach rate, which isn't that bad.

It's drop is highly likely to be worse than gods drop and could even be worse than gears aswell

SmokyDave

BS. Improvements or not to expect wii u owners to pay full wack for an old game is just stupid!!

Tell me about it, I bought NSMBU this weekend. I blame the missus.

I'm still surprised at MW. It's the only game of its type on the system and they seemed to put some real work into it to mitigate the late port effect. They've gotta be slightly miffed to barely scrape past the Vita version.

Drago

What did previous Sly games sell in Europe?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember reading that they sold horribly.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Excuses? So expensive 3rd party ports that could of been played already on other consoles or can be picked up for cheap on other consoles is the future for third parties on the Wii U? Yes that will work

All I see is moans about ports, then moans they don't have anything extra or even when they do moans on why theyre not coming in at super budget pricing, and its like... yes... I wonder where all this leads to. On the developer and business side you have Criterion sat there thinking why they bothered at all.

BlackJace

All I see is moans about ports, then moans they don't have anything extra or even when they do moans on why theyre not coming in at super budget pricing, and its like... yes... I wonder where all this leads to. On the developer and business side you have Criterion sat there thinking why they bothered at all.

You act as though the system owners should be happy that the system is being treated as a second class citizen because it is at least being given table scraps.

Yet another shitty shooter selling well in the UK compared to an actual good game.
I wonder how Monster Hunter did in Germany.

Did you play GOW:J? No. UK think that GOW>>>>>>>MH. It´s nothing to be upset about. Besides it´s great that people did not buy over a year old ports. UK people are smart enough to know that.

Pie and Beans

I can only assume the WiiU audience at large is going to pout and expect to only pay £15 for Wind Waker HD.

SmokyDave

You act as though the system owners should be happy that the system is being treated as a second class citizen because it is at least being given table scraps.

I think it kinda sucks that people see an improved port of an excellent game as 'table scraps'.

BlackJace

I think it kinda sucks that people see an improved port of an excellent game as 'table scraps'.

The entirety of the "table scraps" is not all on the MW port. Its cool that Criterion is going the extra mile. However, I do expect EA and a lot of other publishers to support the system with exactly that: scraps.

New game? Naaaaah.

Old ports that potentially run worse, and are devoid of little things like DLC and other extras? Sure.

Tell me about it, I bought NSMBU this weekend. I blame the missus.

I'm still surprised at MW. It's the only game of its type on the system and they seemed to put some real work into it to mitigate the late port effect. They've gotta be slightly miffed to barely scrape past the Vita version.

Yeah, especially since the Vita version has been out since launch like the others. Criterion deserve good sales. This is coming from someone who has MW on Vita but it's still in it's wrapping. :p

NotLiquid

That's different because Nintendo.

Even though I'd rather not pay full price for it, I'd imagine a remake of a 10 year old game is more warranted than a late port of a game that came out half a year ago.

Then again most people here seem to not want to get it because of the new artistic style so hey.

AOC83

Banned
It´s kinda their own fault though. It should be clear by now, that the WiiU is not the right platform for their offerings.

SmokyDave

The entirety of the "table scraps" is not all on the MW port. Its cool that Criterion is going the extra mile. However, I do expect EA and a lot of other publishers to support the system with exactly that: scraps.

New game? Naaaaah.

Old ports that potentially run worse, and are devoid of little things like DLC and other extras? Sure.
Can you blame them when they release an enhanced port that runs better and includes DLC that is paid on other versions, and it performs like this?

Even though I'd rather not pay full price for it, I'd imagine a remake of a 10 year old game is more warranted than a late port of a game that came out half a year ago.

Then again most people here seem to not want to get it because of the new artistic style so hey.
NFS: MW came out about 3 weeks before NSMBU. I can't imagine people complaining that NSMBU needs a price drop because it's an old game now.

BlackJace

Can you blame them when they release an enhanced port that runs better and includes DLC that is paid on other versions, and it performs like this?

NFS: MW came out about 3 weeks before NSMBU. I can't imagine people complaining that NSMBU needs a price drop because it's an old game now.

To be honest, I think you're being a bit premature with judging the sales, but that's just me.
And I would think that the fact that Nintendo systems as of late have been getting shoddy ports would deter platform owners to buy it.

It's a vicious cycle really.

All games come out on a Friday in the UK, apart from 'event' titles like Halo, Call of Duty and Tomb Raider.

Luigi's Mansion 2 comes out Thursday. Wouldn't argue that it's an "event" title. Monster Hunter hitting the Top 10, even at the opposite end, is encouraging. I want this release to be worth it for them enough to warrant MH4 coming over. I'm actually a big fan of Capcom's work on the 3DS right now, hoping they announce more stuff at E3.

NotLiquid

I was mostly speaking in general terms referring to the entire plethora of late ports Wii U's getting. Older games that have fallen into obscurity, have a legacy behind them or are harder to find generally have more reason to be drastically revamped and sell than a late port, which historically never does well.

Like, I don't even think I need to mention the ridiculous Mass Effect 3 port circumstances.

DrWong

We don't know what EA is expecting for NFSMW U port (I'm sure they were not expecting to do better than MHU) and as someone else said it's also too soon to appreciate how it performed in EU by only taking UK sales into account. But well, I assume at this stage each camp can still choose its narrative and that's great for the discu... warz. ^^

Italy:
1) God Of War: Ascension (PS3)
2) God Of War: Ascension - Special Edition (PS3)
3) Tomb Raider (PS3)
4) Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3)
5) FIFA 13 (PS3)
6) Tomb Raider (X360)
7) Just Dance 4 (Wii)
8) New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
9) Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Limited Edition (PS3)
10) COD: Black Ops 2 (PS3)

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/11646...taliane-god-of-war-ascension-batte-tutti.html

Special edition of GOW charting in France and Italy. GOW numbers WW should be interesting.

SmokyDave

To be honest, I think you're being a bit premature with judging the sales, but that's just me.
And I would think that the fact that Nintendo systems as of late have been getting shoddy ports would deter platform owners to buy it.

It's a vicious cycle really.

Eh, we'll see. Maybe it will have some legs. I was just surprised that the split was so close to Vita when the Vita version has been out since day one. I expected Wii-U owners to be champing at the bit for a NFS title, particularly a good one.

Top Bottom