• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 13, 2013

Bumhead

Banned
I must admit, both Monster Hunter and Lego charted higher than I expected both weeks.

Monster Hunter dropping off was much more expected though. I mean, those shortages man.

I am not that shocked but at the same time isnt this game virtually impossible to find @ retail?

Don't think the Vita version is particularly easy to find at retail either, but it's been a steady ~10% since launch. Very sad to see such effort by Criterion wasted.

AHA-Lambda

Digital sales of BI should have been massive. Anyone who knew about the GMG and Steam offers, £23 and 2 or 3 games FREE, and had the computer to run it, were certainly going to take advantage.

edit: theres another Army of Two game? lol, wtf

This, got mine on Steam when prior I was a day one console buyer for Bioshock 1 & 2.

How depressing.

Here you go, Sony. I made Sly 4 look more appealing to the public. Now re-release it like this and you'll sell millions.

6EnSFq8.jpg

What in the holy fuck?! Is that last weeks ratio?
Poor Criteron.
lol people saying "shortages" like its a good thing. Besides, if people don't find it in the shops they'll just order it from Amazon, and its in stock and tracked by the charts there.

hardcore buyers would yeah, but need for speed sells a tonne to casual buyers, if they dont see it they wont buy it

How much of a "casual audience" does the Wii U even have? Can't be all that big in the UK.

i'd imagine its not very big but it probably represents a noticable percentage at least, on the plus side seems need for speed has done decent (position wise at least) on the eshop chart

Hindle

Banned
Bioshock should be the highest selling game until GTA. Whether that's good enough for the budget this game had is up for debate.

Mr_B_Fett

What in the holy fuck?! Is that last weeks ratio?
Poor Criteron.
lol people saying "shortages" like its a good thing. Besides, if people don't find it in the shops they'll just order it from Amazon, and its in stock and tracked by the charts there.

Nope it wasn't in stock at Amazon or Shopto for most of last week either. Not in Game, HMV or the local supermarkets. I did try and buy it, honest guv!

Now having got the disagreement part out of the way, I don't find this particularly reassuring in the way some seem to. It's not that I don't believe it would have sold much better had it been available. That is fairly self evident*. The fact most retailers either didn't bother stocking it or assumed very few copies would be enough is worrying.

* Accepting of course that the plural of anecdote is data..

I bought the last copy of Monster Hunter 3DS in my local GAME earlier. I know it was the last one, because the sales guy had to hunt around for it (even though I'd phoned ahead) and seemed determined to repeatedly tell me it was DEFINITELY THE LAST COPY.. as well as this particular gem:

"All games in the UK are now sold on the basis of pre-orders, so we won't be getting any more copies in either."

Too many fails to unravel, but this is GAME we're talking about here. Was on my lunch break and felt scummy being in there anyway, so no time to stand around pointing/laughing. UK games retail is on a fast track to nowhere.

I really dispute this. During the months that GAME/Gamestation were shut down previously bricks-n-mortar only people will have at least tried Amazon or another online seller like Zavvi.
And once they realise that its almost always cheaper online, almost always in stock, and without point-of-sale hassle, they won't forget it.
Amazon not having stock is exactly why I bought the eShop version.

Litri

I think Lego and especially MH did great if you put this into perspective... like...
how many WiiU have been sold in UK? have they ever got to 150K?

To get a game in the top 10 with such a low HW userbase is great by all means.

I think Lego and especially MH did great if you put this into perspective... like...

i doubt its over 150k yet

I think Bioshock Infinite needs to do a good bit better than Bioshock 2 to really be considered a success considering how long it was in development for.

Hopefully this isn't a sign that will do about the same.

In a world where even kids coming in last place get a trophy, yay!

FIFA 13 Week 12 <14.0K
Week 13 +86% => <26.0K
360 SKU <12.75K > Lego City

Maximum, extrapolations, error caveat etc, but not a bad debut for Lego City then I guess.

Yeah, it's as good a debut as you can reasonably expect from a Wii U game. Unfortunate that it was upstaged by Luigi's Mansion 2, which I don't think anyone thought would do quite so well - not least of all Nintendo, who don't seem to have promoted it at all.

Yeah, it's as good a debut as you can reasonably expect from a Wii U game. Unfortunate that it was upstaged by Luigi's Mansion 2, which I don't think anyone thought would do quite so well - not least of all Nintendo, who don't seem to have promoted it at all.
On further inspection my extrapolations quite a bit off, given we have new numbers based on Bioshock.

If Bioshock PC is 6.5K, FIFA 360 can't be more than 11K and is probably less than that. Still not that bad for Lego City all things considered.

On further inspection my extrapolations quite a bit off, given we have new numbers based on Bioshock.

If Bioshock PC is 6.5K, FIFA 360 can't be more than 11K and is probably less than that. Still not that bad for Lego City all things considered.

Not bad only applies if it sits at that number for weeks. If it pulls a Monster Hunter and puts up shitty numbers for one week and then tumbles off the chart, then yeah that's bad. Even with all things considered.

Can't wait to see next gen FIFA.

...am not sure about this at all.

Well, that's just my perception of it. Although I'm fully aware that I'm not in the demographic for that game, so they may well have focused their promotion elsewhere. Still, I didn't even realise the game was out until today!

That's splitting hairs really. Number 8 in the charts is impressive, no matter what the precise figure is.

Moonstone

Germany

1.Luigi's Mansion 2 - 3DS (NEU)
2.BioShock: Infinite - PS3 (NEU)
3.BioShock: Infinite - PC (NEU)
4.BioShock: Infinite - Xbox 360 (NEU)
5.SimCity - PC (2)
6.StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm - PC (3)
7.Tomb Raider - PS3 (4)
8.Lego City Undercover - Limited Edition - Wii U (NEU)
9.Die Sims 3: Wildes Studentenleben - PC (10)
10.New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 3DS (12)

Wow at Luigi! Outselling Bioshock.
Sim City still holding up. EA is doing a lot of marketing right now. TV spot is pretty funny. Wii U back in the charts. Monster Hunter gone.

Fun Facts: Army of Two is on #55 PS3 and on #89 360.
But the predecessors weren't released here because of the USK, so nobody knows that franchise.

Gears of War:Judgement down to #20.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Germany

5.SimCity - PC (2)
7.Tomb Raider - PS3 (4)

Wow at Luigi! Sim City still holding up. EA is doing a lot of marketing right now. TV spot is pretty funny. Wii U back in the charts.

Luigi...higher than Bioshock?!? :eek:mg:
What about MH? Probably it's out of top 10 due to many brand new releases, it should be just out of it, no?

Bruno MB

Germany

5.SimCity - PC (2)
7.Tomb Raider - PS3 (4)

Sim City still holding up. EA is doing a lot of marketing right now. TV spot is pretty funny. Wii U back in the charts. Monster Hunter gone.

But the predecessors weren't released here because of the USK, so nobody knows that franchise.

Gears of War:Ascension is down to #20.

Thanks, I can't find the console sales charts in gamona, did they stop posting them?

Luigi...higher than Bioshock?!? :eek:mg:
What about MH? Probably it's out of top 10 due to many brand new releases, it should be just out of it, no?

Someone should really make a new threas. Bad for Bio and am bored of the '3ds isn't doing well in Europe' malark.

DrWong

News? From Nintendo UK.

[Shibata] I'd like to apologise for the current stock shortage due to high demand of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate at retail. (1/3)
17:53 mer. 3 avr.

[Shibata] New #MH3U stock will hopefully be available in shops next week for Wii U and mid April for Nintendo 3DS. (2/3)
17:54 mer. 3 avr.

[Shibata] Both versions of #MH3U are also available on Nintendo eShop. Again, I sincerely apologise for causing any inconvenience. (3/3)
17:54 mer. 3 avr.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/319462728362237953?p=v

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/319462872147181568?p=v

liger05

Germany

5.SimCity - PC (2)
7.Tomb Raider - PS3 (4)

Gears of War:Judgement down to #20.

Go Luigi's Mansion 2!!

MH shortages in all of Europe or just UK?

Top Bottom