• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 16, 2015

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
TOP 10 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 18 April 2015

(100%)

01 (NE) MORTAL KOMBAT X (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) > 64,700
02 (03) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2) - 28,956 / 5,410,114 (+94%)
03 (01) BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 11,976 / 260,692 (-34%)
04 (02) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 11,913 / 2,979,026 (-34%)
05 (06) BLOODBORNE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 7,323 / 81,165 (-14%)
06 (04) FAR CRY 4 (UBISOFT)
07 (05) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
08 (10) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
09 (14) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
10 (11) DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

Isn't the LTD for Dark Souls 2 83k or something? Seems Bloodborne is gonna beat that with quite a margin.

Hasney

I see. I wonder why it sold so little in the UK. Amazon.co.uk doesnt even have a stock photo of the games, nor sells them directly themself, which i think is a bit strange. Other UK online retailers that i checked (ShopTo, Zavvi, GameSeek) all have it in stock though. I thought this serie was doing well in the UK.

A couple of entries did sell well over here. Not sure why Nintendo has totally sent these out to die. Were they mentioned in any directs? I usually watch the US one as it's on YouTube.

SparkTR

Didn't the PS4/XBone ver. become top sellers upon their release? Heck the PS4 ver. charted among the top 5 in this week's list :p

Retail for PC games only account for about 10% of the market reports indicate. SteamSpy suggests that UK Week 16 sales for the Steam version of GTAV are 128k + ~28k retail copies, though this doesn't include non-steam digital copies sold.

test_account

XP-39C²
A couple of entries did sell well over here. Not sure why Nintendo has totally sent these out to die. Were they mentioned in any directs? I usually watch the US one as it's on YouTube.
I wonder the same thing, i usually watch the US direct aswell, and the japanese direct too sometime, not the EU one.

daxgame

I see. I wonder why it sold so little in the UK. Amazon.co.uk doesnt even have a stock photo of the games, nor sells them directly themself, which i think is a bit strange. Other UK online retailers that i checked (ShopTo, Zavvi, GameSeek) all have it in stock though. I thought this serie was doing well in the UK.

from what I remember though, for some reason the Inazuma series has always sold very well in France, Italy and Spain, but never worked in the UK

Xater

I wonder the same thing, i usually watch the US direct aswell, and the japanese direct too sometime, not the EU one.

I always watch the EU one because it actually has the relevant information for me. Everything else I get through Twitter. I have no recollection of them mentioning this game ever.

Hasney

I went back to the release week of Inazuma Eleven. They debuted at 24 & 27... Of the 3DS only charts.

Struggling to think of a bigger bomba.

Occam

10421316_10206341715805706_492238402917830814_n.jpg

Boy am I glad all consoles use Blu-ray now.

I didn't expect the MKX split to be so lopsided. You expect that sort of result with something like Type-0, but Mortal Kombat? Daaamn.

EGM1966

I didn't expect the MKX split to be so lopsided. You expect that sort of result with something like Type-0, but Mortal Kombat? Daaamn.
Surely most titles should be more or less that lopsided? Unless a game for some reason is particularly popular on XB1 you'd expect sales ratio to skew to higher install base. I hesitate to use Amazon UK charts as representing UK as a whole but most of the time PS4 version ranks higher by a few places.

There are some games that are going to be heavily skewed towards the PS4 and there are some games that will be skewed towards the XBone. However for the latter it's going to be more barely in favour. I'm not sure if there's a multiplatform game that could skew heavily on XBone, unlike where even last gen multi's could still heavily lean more PS3 despite the 360s massive lead in the UK.

I think Evolves been the only title where I don't think the PS4 version for one week has been ahead of the Xbox version. Others flip flop about like FIFA and CoD while others always sell better on PS4.

Surely most titles should be more or less that lopsided? Unless a game for some reason is particularly popular on XB1 you'd expect sales ratio to skew to higher install base. I hesitate to use Amazon UK charts as representing UK as a whole but most of the time PS4 version ranks higher by a few places.

As far as I'm aware, the whole sales situation in the UK right now is that the PS4 and Xbox One are somewhat close to neck and neck with the PS4 still in the lead. So with a close battle like that in mind, a sales ratio of 61% to 38% for a dudebro fighter is a bit of a shock. At least to me anyway.

EGM1966

As far as I'm aware, the whole sales situation in the UK right now is that the PS4 and Xbox One are somewhat close to neck and neck with the PS4 still in the lead. So with a close battle like that in mind, a sales ratio of 61% to 38% for a dudebro fighter is a bit of a shock. At least to me anyway.
Well I can't say for sure but I really don't think it's neck and neck in UK from the data. Last time I saw anything in sales threads it still looked like ti was 1.4/1.5 to 1 with I think 1.35 noted as lowest likely gap if being positive for Xbox.

While current sales may be closer I don't believe Xbox ever made up any of the initial sales lead of PS4 so it must surely have the overall lead still.

As I say the only chart I can see with zero effort is Amazon UK and that clearly shows in most cases the PS4 version is always ahead of Xbox One. For example look at total FY2015 sales:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2015/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

Now of course other retailers might skew to Xbox but given for at least a year PS4 was outselling Xbox 1.5 to 1 I doubt that gap has vanished. TBH I'm pretty sure the closest market in US in terms of gap with UK second but still with a larger percentage gap difference than US.

Shahed

Well if the ratio between PS4 and Xbox One is 3:2 (I have no idea what it is). Then the split for Mortal Kombat makes perfect sense.

Xater

German chart teaser

01 (NE) PC GTA V
02 (14) PS4 FIFA 15
03 (02) PS 4 GTA V PS4
04 (01) PS4 BLOODBORNE
21 (21) PC CITIES:SKYLINES

Was there some crazy FIFA sale I have missed out on? Also looks like Bloodborne was not able to hold back GTA.

Xater

Considering how PC retail is still healthy in Germany and GTA is massive series it really isn't that surprising.

Console versions still outsell the PC releases at retail handily. And while the PC retail market is still strong here digital is big part of game sales on PC. It was a possibility.

Moonstone

4 is still good in a GTA release week. PS4 version sold probably more too, as there was a lot of press and most gaming sites cover PC games.
For Fifa - I don't know of any sale. It does scale with hardware sales pretty well, though. With GTA V in the news again there might have been more PS4s sold.

And maybe after Klopp-gate und Müller-Wohlfahrt leaving people got interessted in Fifa again (I know that this a stretch) ;)

Really surprised the £20 deal for Order didn't see it climb the charts.

I don't believe there's ever been a time where a similar deal hasn't resulted in the game seeing a bump, however small.

Horizon 2 is one most recent example (although that was also part of a clearance bundle in Sainsbury..so that might be skewing the position). I suspect we'll see the same with Evolve when it hits £20.

Moonstone

Retail market sure, it's opposite everything else considered.

Even if individual console titles sell a lot more in german retail market, there are a lot of PC titles that break 100k. GTA V might need 1 month. That's still a big enough number to make it to the top and outselling titles that wre released weeks before. We'll have to wait for next BIU charts.

EGM1966

Really surprised the £20 deal for Order didn't see it climb the charts.

I don't believe there's ever been a time where a similar deal hasn't resulted in the game seeing a bump, however small.

Horizon 2 is one most recent example (although that was also part of a clearance bundle in Sainsbury..so that might be skewing the position). I suspect we'll see the same with Evolve when it hits £20.
you mentioned and compared The Order and Forza Horizon and you forgot the GIF? Unthinkable.

I think that The Order is in a different place. It has middling to poor reviews and I suspect word of mouth isn't that hot. Price cuts to games that have decent reviews and are thought to be good will deliver a bump as it encourages those who aren't hugely into the genre or whatever to give it a whirl as they know it's still supposed to be good (FH2 is a good example of this). With The Order now it's got it's peak sales and the general perception is "out there" price cuts are simply less likely to be effective as the response is sure to be lower as the game is likely seen as more of a "give it a go to see if its as bad as they say" title vs a "good title but I don't tend to get racers however price isn't too steep so its worth a try" type title.

As someone who bought and tried The Order myself I hope he fans will forgive me for suggesting this but its what I honestly think. It's probably kind of like Lair or Haze now and won't respond that well to price drops.

Still looks lovely though. Photo mode is awesome.

you mentioned and compared The Order and Forza Horizon and you forgot the GIF? Unthinkable.

I think that The Order is in a different place. It has middling to poor reviews and I suspect word of mouth isn't that hot. Price cuts to games that have decent reviews and are thought to be good will deliver a bump as it encourages those who aren't hugely into the genre or whatever to give it a whirl as they know it's still supposed to be good (FH2 is a good example of this). With The Order now it's got it's peak sales and the general perception is "out there" price cuts are simply less likely to be effective as the response is sure to be lower as the game is likely seen as more of a "give it a go to see if its as bad as they say" title vs a "good title but I don't tend to get racers however price isn't too steep so its worth a try" type title.

As someone who bought and tried The Order myself I hope he fans will forgive me for suggesting this but its what I honestly think. It's probably kind of like Lair or Haze now and won't respond that well to price drops.

Still looks lovely though. Photo mode is awesome.

Some very good points, didn't really factor in word of mouth/perception, but it, along with lukewarm reviews, does seem to be a reason for the lack of sales bump.

It's a shame too, RaD made what I still consider to be one of the best God of War games released... To see their first big budget offering fail to find a market is so disappointing.

Here's hoping they bounce back. The Vita is in dire need of a GoW game...

Bloodborne doing very well and showing legs, that makes me very happy.

And it doesn't face any major competition for a couple more weeks.

Should comfortably see its way to 100k before any really big drops come into play. Not bad at all for a brand new IP and that's before any discounts and offers.

EGM1966

Some very good points, didn't really factor in word of mouth/perception, but it, along with lukewarm reviews, does seem to be a reason for the lack of sales bump.

It's a shame too, RaD made what I still consider to be one of the best God of War games released... To see their first big budget offering fail to find a market is so disappointing.

Here's hoping they bounce back. The Vita is in dire need of a GoW game...
I liked Daxter and their PSP GoW titles too. I'm sure they'll get more work and more console work, I think the question is probably whether they can continue with The Order or whether they try a new IP using the same engine/tech they've built (which is very good).

I feel there was promise within The Order they just ended up with a finished product that was lesser than the sum of its parts (terrific gunplay, animation, OSS, etc) and felt unfinished and truncated.

I hope they do bounce back with a hit though as they seem a good outfit and the engine they've crafted is superb (photo mode really shows it off amazingly well).

jaina

I think PS4 FIFA 15 made the jump from 14th to 2nd in Germany because the sale on a lot of other games from last week has ended. Top 5 has been pretty common for PS4 FIFA 15 in the past months, hasn't it?

edit: I checked, it's been more like ~8th. But I still think the ended deals and not many new releases caused the jump.

Bruno MB

yW8JH.png

Germany:
Week 16, 2015 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PC GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
02 (14) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (02) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
04 (01) PS4 BLOODBORNE (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
05 (05) PS4 BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (04) WIU MARIO PARTY 10 (NINTENDO)
07 (09) PS3 MINECRAFT - PLAYSTATION 3 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
08 (21) PC CITIES: SKYLINES (KOCH MEDIA)
09 (08) PC DIE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (20) PS4 MINECRAFT - PS4 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
11 (07) PS4 DIABLO III - REAPER OF SOULS (ULTIMATE EVIL EDITION) (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
12 (15) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
13 (03) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
14 (23) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
15 (10) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA’S MASK 3D (NINTENDO)
16 (30) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
17 (19) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE (NINTENDO)
18 (24) 3DS POKÉMON: OMEGA RUBIN (NINTENDO)
19 (32) PS4 DRAGON BALL: XENOVERSE (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
20 (29) PS4 BORDERLANDS: THE HANDSOME COLLECTION (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
21 (18) 3DS POKÉMON: ALPHA SAPHIR (NINTENDO)
22 (25) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
23 (13) PS4 RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS 2 (CAPCOM EUROPE)
24 (27) 3DS SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS (NINTENDO)
25 (33) PC LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 15 (ASTRAGON)
26 (31) 3DS MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE (NINTENDO)
27 (48) PC DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
28 (34) WIU SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR WII U (NINTENDO)
29 (12) PC DIE SIMS 4: AN DIE ARBEIT (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
30 (17) PS4 WWE 2K15 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
31 (11) PS4 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
32 (36) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF (NINTENDO)
33 (40) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
34 (46) PS4 FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD (KOCH MEDIA)
35 (22) PS4 NBA 2K15 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
36 (41) PS3 BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
37 (52) PS4 THE CREW (UBISOFT)
38 (51) 3DS MARIO KART 7 (NINTENDO)
39 (43) 360 MINECRAFT - XBOX 360 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
40 (50) PS4 MITTELERDE: MORDORS SCHATTEN (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
41 (06) PS4 EVOLVE (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
42 (68) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
43 (44) PS4 THE ORDER: 1886 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
44 (49) XBO BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
45 (62) PS4 FAR CRY 4 - LIMITED EDITION (UBISOFT)
46 (67) PC DIABLO III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
47 (55) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 (NINTENDO)
48 (61) XBO FORZA HORIZON 2 - DAY ONE EDITION (DIVERSE DISTRIBUTOREM)
49 (16) PS4 THE EVIL WITHIN (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
50 (59) 360 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

Top 50

PS4 - 21
3DS - 9
PC - 7
PS3 - 6
XBO - 3
WIU - 2
360 - 2

Top Bottom