• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 27, 2013

apotema

11 (NE) 3DS PROJECT X ZONE (NAMCO BANDAI GAMES)

i9JArS6jhythd.gif

Good job.

Whoa that game looks awesome!!

Nice for PXZ. As long as the localization is profitable that's all that really matters and we can see some more niche titles localized for the 3DS. 3DS seems to be picking up a nice amount of steam.

Darknight

Good for ND, but it's not that impressive when you look at the titles launched these last weeks.

PS3 exclusives tend to NOT sell besides GOW/GT and a few others. All other IPs tend to be lackluster. Even in the states so its surprising this game its getting good sales even this late in the generation.

Props to ND.

Majmun

PS3 exclusives tend to NOT sell besides GOW/GT and a few others. All other IPs tend to be lackluster. Even in the states so its surprising this game its getting good sales even this late in the generation.

I dunno, I think most of Sony IP's are million sellers.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Irish chart

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/ire/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=210015

Italy Top 10, June

Classifica Generica Videogiochi Console - Italia Giugno 2013
1 THE LAST OF US - PS3
2 ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF -3DS
3 DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS 3D - 3DS
4 FIFA 13 - PS3
5 FIFA 13 - XBOX 360
6 CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS II - PS3
7 LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER THE CHASE BEGINS -3 DS
8 LUIGI'S MANSION 2 - 3DS
9 POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON I PORTALI DELL'INFINITO - 3DS
10 JUST DANCE 4 - WII

http://www.everyeye.it/multi/notizia/classifica-software-italiana-dal-24-al-30-giugno-2013_163533

Mpl90

Nice for PXZ. As long as the localization is profitable that's all that really matters and we can see some more niche titles localized for the 3DS. 3DS seems to be picking up a nice amount of steam.

It debuted similarly to Tales of Graces F back in August (10th). Probably it'll fall out of the Top 40 like ToGF in its second week, but it's not a tragedy, since it's a very niche title with no advertising on TV (just web, and not that much), and it doesn't even have English dub / brand recognision like Tales of Graces F. It had to debut well at least, and it did its job (much better than what many here thought XD )

DrWong

France week 26:

1 - The Last of Us PS3 - Sony
2 - Animal Crossing : New Leaf 3DS - Nintendo
3 - COD : Black Ops 2 PS3 - Activision Blizzard
4 - Les Sims 3 : Ile de Rêve PC - Electronic Arts
5 - Luigi's Mansion 2 3DS - Nintendo

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man if Project X-Zone can chart in france Top 5 next week this would be a glorious day :-D

Mpl90

Man if Project X-Zone can chart in france Top 5 next week this would be a glorious day :-D

It reached 7th on Amazon.fr, but then it went deeply sold out. There doesn't seem to be new shipments on Amazon.fr right now. As already said, I think more top 10, but no top 5.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It reached 7th on Amazon.fr, but then it went deeply sold out. There doesn't seem to be new shipments on Amazon.fr right now. As already said, I think more top 10, but no top 5.

Yeah as is said it would be great - btw. its also sold out in Amazon Germany.

Bruno MB

FScg6.png

Spain:
June 2013 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS3 THE LAST OF US (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (NE) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF (NINTENDO)
03 (__) PS3 FAR CRY 3 (UBISOFT)
04 (NE) PS3 THE LAST OF US - JOEL EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (10) 3DS DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS (NINTENDO)
06 (02) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
07 (01) 3DS POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON: GATES TO INFINITY (NINTENDO)
08 (09) PS3 FIFA 13 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
09 (04) 3DS LUIGI'S MANSION 2 (NINTENDO)
10 (07) 3DS LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER: THE CHASE BEGINS (NINTENDO)

Mpl90

FScg6.png

Spain:
June 2013 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS3 THE LAST OF US (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (NE) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF (NINTENDO)
03 (__) PS3 FAR CRY 3 (UBISOFT)
04 (NE) PS3 THE LAST OF US - JOEL EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (10) 3DS DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS (NINTENDO)
06 (02) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
07 (01) 3DS POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON: GATES TO INFINITY (NINTENDO)
08 (09) PS3 FIFA 13 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
09 (04) 3DS LUIGI'S MANSION 2 (NINTENDO)
10 (07) 3DS LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER: THE CHASE BEGINS (NINTENDO)

3DS Domination in Spain too, it seems, with half of the top 10.

DrWong

Gamekult just published an interview with Stephan Bole from Nintendo France. Interesting read, good interview and some additional informations about the Fr. market.

- 3DS is at 35M worldwide and 2M in France
- They think they will sell 500K/600K Animal Crossing New Leaf this year (like what Fifa does on PS3), the same next year and don't discount a 2M ltd, if not more.
- ACNL is selling faster than Luigi 3DS.
- Inazuma Eleven franchise usually sells between 120.000 & 130.000. Big expectations with the next 3DS one.
- Nintendo think they'll sell between 150K and 200K Wii this (regular, not fiscal) year.
- They're still considering a French version of Earthbound/Mother 2
- Lot of blahblah about Kawashima 3DS but nothing substantial
- France represents 5 to 7 % of the global Nintendo business. So considering this fiscal year Wii U forecast, we can infer the French one between 450.000 & 630.000

liger05

Gamekult just published an interview with Stephan Bole from Nintendo France. Interesting read, good interview and some additional informations about the Fr. market.

- They think they will sell 500K/600K Animal Crossing New Leaf this year (like what Fifa does on PS3), the same next year and don't discount a 2M ltd, if not more.
- Inazuma Eleven franchise usually sells between 120.000 & 130.000. Big expectations with the next 3DS one.
- Nintendo think they'll sell between 150K and 200K Wii this (regular, not fiscal) year.
- France represents 5 to 7 % of the global Nintendo business. So considering this fiscal year Wii U forecast, we can infer the French one between 450.000 & 630.000

How long ago did Nintendo say they were at 30 mil worldwide?

Heropon

It's coming, the question is in English only or with a French translation?

I meant that they weren't going to release it in the short term if they haven't decided it yet. Let's see what they do, but I hope they translate it so more people can enjoy it.

Mpl90

35 millions worldwide? It sounds like a lot. It should be shipment, right? 2 millions in France are actual sales, but 35 millions WW is possible only if shipped. And there'd be some overshipment included, I suppose...

EDIT: This could possibly be material for a separate discussion, especially the 35 millions bit.

Striek

- 3DS is at 35M worldwide and 2M in France[/B]
Woah, that would mean they shipped more than double what they did last year. Even taking into consideration they shipped a lot less last quarter YoY that still would be massive.

Reallllllly makes me curious what AC has wrought in June since its so out of sync with what little public data we have (for the US 'til May, Japan). Or maybe they/retailers are expecting some really sustained momentum for the next quarter with the momentum thats been building.

Mpl90

About the article, I actually noticed it says something about worldwide Wii U sales too:

On a vendu 3,5 millions dans le monde et 160.000 exemplaires en France [dont 118.000 au terme de l’année 2012, ndlr]

We already knew about 160k in France, but not about 3,5 millions in the world
Now, Wii U is at 3.45 millions shipped, as of March 31st, 2013. This means two things

1)Wii U shipped only 50k in Q1FY 2014...but that doesn't seem reasonable at all :lol
2)Wii U WW total is what the platform actually sold, and not what has been shipped. And then, it'd mean 3DS number represents actual sales too, not shipment.

About the article, I actually noticed it says something about worldwide Wii U sales too:

Now, Wii U is at 3.45 millions shipped, as of March 31st, 2013. This means two things

1)Wii U shipped only 50k in Q1FY 2014...but that doesn't seem reasonable at all :lol
2)Wii U WW total is what the platform actually sold, and not what has been shipped. And then, it'd mean 3DS number represents actual sales too, not shipment.
There is an infinitely higher chance that they shipped only 50k Q1FY 2014 than sold through a million in that time.

most likely option would be 3) they rounded up from 3.45 to 3.5

Mpl90

There is an infinitely higher chance that they shipped only 50k Q1FY 2014 than sold through a million in that time.

most likely option would be 3) they rounded up from 3.45 to 3.5

That's a possibility, but he still said that 3DS is at 35 millions WW. Why would he give an updated figure for one console, and an old one for the other?

That's a possibility, but he still said that 3DS is at 35 millions WW. Why would he give an updated figure for one console, and an old one for the other?

Well 50k shipped it is then, because we know from npd and media create there were ~200k sold for both those regions and noe would for sure be putting out press releases if they were selling 800k in a quarter

Mpl90

Well 50k shipped it is then, because we know from npd and media create there were ~200k sold for both those regions and noe would for sure be putting out press releases if they were selling 800k in a quarter

But seriously, only 50k worldwide in three months...if it happens, everyone in the world would laugh for YEARS. :lol
I can't believe they shipped such a micro amount of units. Of course, Wii U has been overshipped, greatly. But...just 50k shipped...my God, what a day would it be :lol

EDIT: I'm trying to see how much that 3DS number can be a result of overshipment...do we have an estimate of how much the console sold in Q1 in 2012?
This is the graph I found, when they discussed Q2 results

10l.jpg

I suppose Q1 would be between Week 13 to Week 26, no?

If anyone can help me, it'd be fantastic :)

Mpl90

In the meanwhile, Germany, Week 26

http://www.mediabiz.de/games/news/charts-aus-launcherfolg-wird-dauerbrenner/335314

01 (01) PS3 THE LAST OF US (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (04) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF (NINTENDO)
03 (02) PC THE SIMS 3: ISLAND PARADISE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (03) PC COMPANY OF HEROES 2 (SEGA)
05 (30) PC BATTLEFIELD 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (12) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 (NINTENDO)
07 (07) PC THE ELDER SCROLLS V - SKYRIM (LEGENDARY EDITION) (BETHESDA)
08 (09) 3DS LUIGI'S MANSION 2 (NINTENDO)
09 (16) PC STARCRAFT II: HEART OF THE SWARM (BLIZZARD)
10 (08) PS3 ASSASSIN'S CREED III (UBISOFT)

PC - 5
3DS - 3
PS3 - 2

In the meanwhile, Germany, Week 26

http://www.mediabiz.de/games/news/charts-aus-launcherfolg-wird-dauerbrenner/335314

01 (01) PS3 THE LAST OF US (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (04) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF (NINTENDO)
03 (02) PC THE SIMS 3: ISLAND PARADISE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (03) PC COMPANY OF HEROES 2 (SEGA)
05 (30) PC BATTLEFIELD 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (12) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 (NINTENDO)
07 (07) PC THE ELDER SCROLLS V - SKYRIM (LEGENDARY EDITION) (BETHESDA)
08 (09) 3DS LUIGI'S MANSION 2 (NINTENDO)
09 (16) PC STARCRAFT II: HEART OF THE SWARM (BLIZZARD)
10 (08) PS3 ASSASSIN'S CREED III (UBISOFT)

PC - 5
3DS - 3
PS3 - 2

dat PC domination

Sweden:
1) Minecraft (X360)
2) The Last Of Us (PS3)
3) WoW: Mists of Pandaria (PC)
4) The Sims 3: Semesterparadis - Limited Edition (PC)
5) The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC)
6) WoW Game Card 60 Days (Card)
7) FIFA 13 (PS3)
8) The Last Of Us (PS3)
9) WoW Game Card 60 Days (Card)
10) FIFA 13 (X360)
11) PlayStation Network Voucher 200 SEK (Card)
12) The Sims 3: Refresh (PC)
13) Tomb Raider (PS3)
14) Company Of Heroes 2 (PC)
15) The Sims 3: Seasons (PC)
16) The Sims 3: University Life (PC)
17) COD: Black Ops 2 (PC)
18) Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2 (PS3)
19) NHL 13 (PS3)
20) Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2 (X360)

Norway:
1) The Last Of Us (PS3)
2) The Sims 3: Yparadis - Limited Edition (PC)
3) Minecraft (X360)
4) The Last Of Us (PS3)
5) FIFA 13 (PS3)
6) The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC)
7) PlayStation Network Voucher 200 NOK (Card)
8) Tomb Raider (PS3)
9) New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
10) Lego Legends of Chima (3DS)
11) Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS)
12) Pro Cycling Manager 2013 (PC)
13) The Sims 3: Island Paradise - Limited Edition (PC)
14) Pokèmon White Version 2 (DS)
15) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
16) Far Cry 3 (PS3)
17) Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2 (PS3)
18) Deadpool (PS3)
19) Company Of Heroes 2 (PC)
20) Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)

Finland:
1) PlayStation Network Voucher 20 EUR (Card)
2) The Last Of Us (PS3)
3) The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC)
4) NHL 13 (PS3)
5) FIFA 13 (PS3)
6) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
7) Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes (PS3)
8) Minecraft (X360)
9) Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2 (PS3)
10) Tomb Raider (PS3)
11) Alkupolku Josefina Englannin Kieli (DS)
12) Hugo Peikkometsan Taika (PC)
13) The Sims 3: Seasons (PC)
14) Far Cry 3 (PS3)
15) PlayStation Network Voucher 50 EUR (Card)
16) Josefina Alkupolku Matematikka Sumua Lukukylan Ylla (DS)
17) The Sims 3 (PC)
18) Josefina Alkupolku: Seikkailumaa Unelmien Peili (DS)
20) COD: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)

Denmark:
1) The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC)
2) The Last Of Us (PS3)
3) Pro Cycling Manager 2013 (PC)
4) FIFA 13 (PS3)
5) The Last Of Us (PS3)
6) The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC)
7) The Sims 3: University Life (PC)
8) Just Dance 4 (Wii)
9) Tour De France 2013 (PS3)
10) PlayStation Network Voucher 200 KR (Card)
11) The Sims 3: Seasons (PC)
12) Far Cry 3 (PS3)
13) Tomb Raider (PS3)
14) Lego Legends of Chima (3DS)
15) Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2 (PS3)
16) WoW Game Card 60 Days (Card)
17) The Sims 3: Refresh (PC)
18) Minecraft (X360)
20) The Sims 3: Supernatural (PC)

http://www.gfkhitlist.com/game.aspx

1 sounds possible given the previous Q was just topping up the rare places that managed to sell out or get low on stock. Maybe the basic model recalls they've been doing has an effect on that too.
2nd one sounds completely impossible given know sales data.

Mpl90

1 sounds possible given the previous Q was just topping up the rare places that managed to sell out or get low on stock. Maybe the basic model recalls they've been doing has an effect on that too.
2nd one sounds completely impossible given know sales data.

Effectively, Basic models being recalled would be considered negative shipment, no?

...Still, I can't believe we could see just 50k shipped IN THE ENTIRE WORLD for the period between April and June. If it happens, everyone should get ready to one of the greatest days ever on the Internet :lol :lol

Again: anyone helping for pixel counting 3DS sales in Europe in last year Q1? It should be between Weeks 13 and 26, I think.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Effectively, Basic models being recalled would be considered negative shipment, no?

...Still, I can't believe we could see just 50k shipped IN THE ENTIRE WORLD for the period between April and June. If it happens, everyone should get ready to one of the greatest days ever on the Internet :lol :lol

Again: anyone helping for pixel counting 3DS sales in Europe in last year Q1? It should be between Weeks 13 and 26, I think.
Can pixel count at home. Remind me later.

Don't take so seriously what the guy said. I'm the one who provide this interview and while he seems very sincere when he talk, I think he simply used the old data and over rounded the 3DS total. At the end, he tell me that the Wii sold better than the X360 since the begining of the year in France, and the Wii U sold better than the Wii. The data provided by Iwata at the E3 showed the exact opposite.

It could also be down to rounding.

Although, option one is plenty believable, the overshipment from launch and Q1 was around 1m, I would be surprised if there have been a significant amount of reorders from retail. They should still be working through the stock they have and given the low sell through rate they will wait until stock is much, much lower before re-ordering because the chances of them being out of stock and someone wanting one at the same time is very low.

Mpl90

Don't take so seriously what the guy said. I'm the one who provide this interview and while he seems very sincere when he talk, I think he simply used the old data and over rounded the 3DS total. At the end, he tell me that the Wii sold better than the X360 since the begining of the year in France, and the Wii U sold better than the Wii. The data provided by Iwata at the E3 showed the exact opposite.

But what kind of rounding transforms 31 millions in 35 millions, wtf XD

Still, pixel counting on the graph I posted could be a good way for starting estimating how many 3DSs Nintendo shipped in Q1, the lowest amount at least.

P.S. No UK monthly software estimates yet, jvm?

It's likely just rounding.

There's no conceivable way they've sold-through 3.5M.

It's unlikely, but much more plausible, that they only shipped an additional 50K units this past quarter.

US sell-through through to June 1st = 1.145M (NPD).
Japanese sell-through through to July 7th = 0.965M (Media Create, Famitsu).
European sell-through to the end of March = ~0.550M (Nintendo chart extrapolation).
Total for these combined would be 2.66M.

Europe for the last quarter, and other countries, aren't making up 800K+ units.

There's probably tons (literally) of launch shipment still in the channel.

Top Bottom