• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 29, 2017

bombshell

This is very true. I was expecting them to brag about it.

Activision bragged about it being the best selling title worldwide in June with only 2 days on sale. I don't know what the chances are of getting a precise sales number from Activision.

It's an expensive add-on that lends itself to digital games not discs, nobody wants to be taking it off to faff around swapping discs over, it's a pita, and most games don't release physically. Farpoint charting decently thanks to Aim bundling and launch games charting will be outliers.

PSVR releases are coming thick and fast - there's 4 or 5 this week. The PSVR thread is difficult to keep up with right now.

Genuinely though are they selling well globally? Or are we talking digital titles with no data?

bombshell

I see, that's a great number there too. It's certainly over a million right now, was probably close to it at the end of June already.

Yeah, it probably was over already in June with worldwide digital. I'm not sure if John's number is with or without.

France, week 28:

DFf6uQoXkAAP_JJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/sell_jeuxvideo

PS4:

1-Crash Bandicoot - N-Sane Trilogy
Activision Blizzard

2-Final Fantasy XII : The Zodiac Age
Square Enix

3-FIFA 17
Electronic Arts

XBOX ONE:

1-Call Of Duty : Infinite Warfare Edition Legacy
Activision Blizzard

2-GTA V
Take-Two Interactive

3-Tour de France 2017
Focus Home Interactive

SWITCH:

1-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Nintendo

2-The Legend of Zelda : Breath of The Wild
Nintendo

3-Arms
Nintendo

3DS:

1-Pokémon Soleil
Nintendo

2-Super Mario Maker
Nintendo

3-Yo-Kai Watch 2 : Fantômes Bouffis
Nintendo

PS VITA:

1-Farming Simulator 18
Focus Home Interactive

2-Minecraft
Microsoft

3-Call of Duty : Black Ops Declassified
Activision Blizzard

PC:

1-Les Sims 4 Edition Standard
Electronic Arts

2-Overwatch Origins Edition
Activision Blizzard

3-Pro Cycling Manager 2017
Focus Home Interactive

Zedark

Yeah, it probably was over already in June with worldwide digital. I'm not sure if John's number is with or without.

That number does include digital. He seems to get the NPD numbers, and those are with digital since Activision participate in sharing digital numbers.

sense

This is very true. I was expecting them to brag about it.
I mean their other titles are destiny, cod, blizzard stuff that sells in the 10 million range so it would be weird for them brag about one million sales for what seems to be a side project for them. I am sure they are very happy about its sales but I can see why they wouldn't brag.

Zedark

Now that stock problems are less of an issue, expect Crash to linger around in the top 5 for a good while.

It'll be interesting to see which of the two will rank lower next week: Splatoon 2 after its first week drop, which I expect is not too big, around 50%, or Crash now that its stock issues are resolved this week and it can move to its baseline next week. Considering both are only 700 or so units apart, it'll be a fun thing to watch.

Updated the Germany sales list to include Switch games

100k+ sellers for the PS4 and Xbox One

PS4

FIFA 15 - 500k
FIFA 16 - 500k
FIFA 17 - 1.5 million
GTAV - 500k
CoD: Black Ops 3 - 500k
Uncharted 4 - 500k
Battlefield 1 - 500k
AC: Syndicate - 200k
AC: Unity - 200k
CoD: Advanced Warfare - 200k
CoD: Infinite Warfare - 200k
Far Cry 4 - 200k
Far Cry Primal - 200k
FIFA 14 - 200k
Fallout 4 - 200k
Need for Speed - 200k
Star Wars: Battlefront - 200k
Watch_Dogs - 200k
Watch Dogs 2 - 200k
TLoU: Remastered - 200k
Destiny - 200k
DRIVECLUB - 200k
The Division - 200k
Mafia 3 - 200k
The Witcher 3 - 200k
Final Fantasy XV - 200k
Horizon Zero Dawn - 200k
Ghost Recon Wildlands - 200k
Assassin's Creed 4 - 100k
Battlefield 4 - 100k
CoD: Ghosts - 100k
Killzone: Shadow Fall - 100k
inFamous: SS - 100k
Shadow of Mordor - 100k
NFS Rivals - 100k
The Evil Within - 100k
Dragon Age: Inquisition - 100k
Battlefield: Hardline - 100k
The Crew - 100k
Minecraft - 100k
The Order - 100k
Batman: Arkham Knight - 100k
Bloodborne - 100k
Project CARS - 100k
MGSV: TPP - 100k
Until Dawn - 100k
Just Cause 3 - 100k
Rainbow Six - 100k
DOOM - 100k
No Man's Sky - 100k
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 100k
Dark Souls 3 - 100k
Skyrim - 100k
F1 2016 - 100k
Farming Simulator 2017 - 100k
Resident Evil 7 - 100k
For Honor - 100k
Madden NFL 17 - 100k
NBA 2K17 - 100k

Xbox One

GTAV - 100k
FIFA 15 - 100k
FIFA 16 - 100k
FIFA 17 - 100k
Black Ops 3 - 100k
HALO 5 - 100k
Forza Horizon 3 - 100k
Battlefield 1 - 100k

Switch
Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 100k
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 100k

So Rise of the Tomb Raider still managed to sell more copies on the PS4 in Germany, despite the one year delay.

I get why Microsoft is trying to associate the franchise with their own console brand, but it's not panning out.

Rymuth

Not really that crazy once you remember that the last LTD update we got last August put the XB1 40k behind the Wii U. It's dead there.
Same story is repeating itself across all of EU

There was a guy with a fox avatar who kept arguing otherwise in PAL and NPD threads. What a chucklesome time that was.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No one cares about the Xbox here - the PS4 is too strong of a console and you get what your friends get. Than we have a strong PC/Steam market from back in the days and whatever is left plays Nintendo games.

Unless MS gives out the consoles for free like they did for 360 and a couple times for Xbox One its really tough for them.

Shiggy

Even when retailers have Xbox One bundles for sale for less than 200 EUR, still nobody cares about the system over here. It's not very successful in Germany and mainland Europe.

There was a guy with a fox avatar who kept arguing otherwise in PAL and NPD threads. What a chucklesome time that was.

image.php

Don't create prejudice against users with fox avatars.

c0de

No one cares about the Xbox here - the PS4 is too strong of a console and you get what your friends get. Than we have a strong PC/Steam market from back in the days and whatever is left plays Nintendo games.

Unless MS gives out the consoles for free like they did for 360 and a couple times for Xbox One its really tough for them.

The pricing also doesn't help. There are crazy deals for PS4 every week and often Xbox is even more expensive. Not much reason to buy the bone and definitely a different strategy that Microsoft is doing in Germany than in US.

Zedark

GFK Chart Track said:
Last week’s big Nintendo Switch new entry ‘Splatoon 2’ remains at No2 and Rockstar/Take 2 remain at No3 with ‘Grand Theft Auto V’. This week there are multiple promotions from many retailers across the whole Top 40, such as 3 for 2 deals, classic price promotional activity and many hardware/software bundle deals.
Bethesda do very well this week from such activity and take No4/No5/No6 with ‘Fallout 4’, ‘Doom’ and ‘Dishonored 2’. New at No7 is Nintendo’s 3DS ‘Miitopia’ and new at No8 is Alternative’s ‘Rugby League Live 4’. EA drop 1 place to No9 with ‘FIFA 17’ even though sales are up 42% over last week. Ubisoft climb 7 places to No10 with ‘Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands’ up 94% over last week as the overall average price drops by over £5 compared to the previous week.
Sony climb 8 places to No11 with ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’ remaining extremely popular as a when-bought-with PS4 deal. EA’s ‘Battlefield 1’ is a massive climber this week, up 24 places to No14 thanks to some very strong price promotion activity. In amongst all the deals this week is another new release, again for 3DS and from Nintendo comes ‘Hey! Pikmin’ at No29.

noobie

Banned
GFK Chart Track said:
Last week's big Nintendo Switch new entry ‘Splatoon 2' remains at No2 and Rockstar/Take 2 remain at No3 with ‘Grand Theft Auto V'. This week there are multiple promotions from many retailers across the whole Top 40, such as 3 for 2 deals, classic price promotional activity and many hardware/software bundle deals.
Bethesda do very well this week from such activity and take No4/No5/No6 with ‘Fallout 4', ‘Doom' and ‘Dishonored 2'. New at No7 is Nintendo's 3DS ‘Miitopia' and new at No8 is Alternative's ‘Rugby League Live 4'. EA drop 1 place to No9 with ‘FIFA 17' even though sales are up 42% over last week. Ubisoft climb 7 places to No10 with ‘Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands' up 94% over last week as the overall average price drops by over £5 compared to the previous week.
Sony climb 8 places to No11 with ‘Horizon Zero Dawn' remaining extremely popular as a when-bought-with PS4 deal. EA's ‘Battlefield 1' is a massive climber this week, up 24 places to No14 thanks to some very strong price promotion activity. In amongst all the deals this week is another new release, again for 3DS and from Nintendo comes ‘Hey! Pikmin' at No29.
Is it a record for a PS4 exclusive to get 4 number 1 position?

noobie

Banned
Crash just keeps on trucking. Curious what was the biggest drop, 4th to 5th week Crash or 1st to 2nd week Splatoon. They were very close in numbers last week.

Yes.
Crash must have smaller drop else there is a high probably that Splatoon 2 might have taken the top position

bombshell

Are you sure? Do you know how many weeks Uncharted 4 got the number 1 spot? I remember it being number 1 for awhile.

It says right here in the OP that last week it tied The Last of Us Remastered in most weekly first places for PS4 exclusives.

First places is of course directly influenced by what other new releases that follow in the weeks after, it's not a barometer to compare sales.

Tratorn

Well done, Crash.
I know nostalgia can be a strong tool, Nintendo is showing that regularly, but Crash is still surprising me.

Floody

It says right here in the OP that last week it tied The Last of Us Remastered in most weekly first places for PS4 exclusives.

Oh, might have mixed up Uncharted 4 with TLoU R. Could've sworn Uncharted 4 was getting the number 1 spot constantly until No Man's Sky though, probably just up there and I'm misremembering it.

bombshell

Oh, might have mixed up Uncharted 4 with TLoU R. Could've sworn Uncharted 4 was getting the number 1 spot constantly until No Man's Sky though, probably just up there and I'm misremembering it.

Uncharted 4 still had several first places in the individual chart after Overwatch was released, just not more than two in the all formats chart.

Top Bottom