• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 44

szaromir

Banned
Nolan. said:
Why are you so defensive, I meant it in a good way chill.
Not really defensive, just fascinated by the use of word "barely" when you consider all the stuff that's coming out recently.

Spiegel

Jtyettis said:
Yea, it maybe 3 days Friday-Sunday. Then again not sure what day GTA launched in the UK, Friday I'm thinking. Oh GTA did release on the Tuesday WW then?

I think GTAIV was Tuesday too.

Impressive sales for Gears2

iceatcs

Jtyettis said:
Yea, it maybe 3 days Friday-Sunday. Then again not sure what day GTA launched in the UK, Friday I'm thinking. Oh GTA did release on the Tuesday WW then?
Yeah I remember it came on Tuesday when my brother is on boarded school and jealous so badly but I got from post from order which might got it early.

Steroyd

Gamecocks625 said:
Man, Pro Evo is bombing big time over there. Konami has to be worried

I don't know Pro Evo and Fifa have a habit of staying in the charts for a solid year last year was different however.

I wouldn't say PES has bombed unless it drops out of the top 40 altogether in the next few weeks.

FrankT

Spiegel said:
I think GTAIV was Tuesday too.

Impressive sales for Gears2

Yea, you are right it was Tuesday the 29th WW. Very nice numbers for Gears 2, 3 day launch week. After 6 days I wonder how it will compare to a launch aligned Halo 3 and GTA IV. Too bad ChartTrack did not provide hard numbers like the other two.

Nice showing there for Gears 2, LBP and Layton. Bad showing for Guitar Hero World Tour, Motorstorm and Tom Clancy End War.

Also, what a spanking is Fifa giving PES.

PD: Btw, is LBP advertised in the UK as horribly as in Spain? Oh, and is Motorstorm 2 advertised at all? 0 ads here. 0 ads for Layton too (but I think it got delayed).

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
BlazingDarkness said:
*looks for VC*
*sees Wii fit at #1*

FUCK YOU! SHITTY CONSUMERS GET SOME TASTE.

Oh, they do have taste. It's just different to yours, and they outnumber your kind 1000:1.

doicare

BishopLamont said:
DS + Wii combined beats the PS3 or 360!! /doicare

:lol :lol That's pretty sad you wrote that, but anyway yet again the chart is following my predictions, for starters half term finished last week and the number of wii games has dropped and also ps3+360 sales are >>>>>>>>>>wii sales which is following my second prediction over the holidays.

spwolf

szaromir said:
360 x11
PS3 x10
DS x8
Wii x5
PS2 x3
PC x2
PSP x1

hides and prepares popcorn

ownage confirmed.

LBP is more impressive than I thought, especially since it will be one of those titles that will sell forever.

as to the PES, it has been #1 in Germany and Spain for a while now...

Taker666

Quite a turnaround in the charts.

I guess this means that parents are getting the kiddies 360/PS3 games for the Christmas holidays......while the more mature Wii userbase buys their games all year round.:D

Frillen

spwolf said:
LBP is more impressive than I thought, especially since it will be one of those titles that will sell forever.

It depends on wheter the casuals buys the PS3 or not. Right now there are mostly hardcore/semi hardcore gamers owning the PS3 that are only interested in shooting, racing or sports game.

spwolf

Frillen said:
It depends on wheter the casuals buys the PS3 or not. Right now there are mostly hardcore/semi hardcore gamers owning the PS3 that are only interested in shooting, racing or sports game.

well considering LBP is #2 place among so many new titles in UK, where PS3 has 1/2 or less hardware base compared to Wii or 360, proves that plenty of casuals have PS3...

Frillen

spwolf said:
well considering LBP is #2 place among so many new titles in UK, where PS3 has 1/2 or less hardware base compared to Wii or 360, proves that plenty of casuals have PS3...

Well being number #2 in the UK doesn't really say that much consider we don't get raw numbers.

Secondly, I think most people that bought LBP at launch were hardcore gamers. What Sony has to do is to get the word of mouth out, and catch the casuals, otherwise we won't see LBP on the lists for very long. You need casual gamers on board if you hope your title will have legs.

spwolf said:
Is that sarcasm at the end there? I can't tell. If it is, disregard this next bit. :D

LBP is a game with appeal to casuals and hardcore alike... the simple fact that it's charted so highly on a smaller userbase should tell you that the hardcore were there to buy it day one. How it performs from this point on will indicate how much casual interest it has (See Mario Kart, Wii Fit etc)

FrankT

What is the LBP first week estimate? About 60-70k perhaps? With LBP at 4 on all formats and Fallout 3 dropping 42% on week 2. Do we know Oblivion's first week sales?

test_account

XP-39C²
Wax Free Vanilla said:
because of a forced pack-in, without one lbp wouldn't even crack a million.

good news on the motorstorm 2 bomb.
A forced pack-in, i thought only a LBP bundle exicted? I wouldnt mind a forced pack-in of LBP though, since i think that game is great :)

sionyboy said:
With the exception that PGR4 made it to No. 1 in the Individual Formats chart on its release.

Huh? You mean it hit #1 for 360 sales the week it launched? I wouldn't have thought since Halo 3 was still so new.

test_account

XP-39C²
I think it is alittle strange that Sony doesnt seem to push Motor Storm Pacific Rift at all (or atleast very little) concidering that Motor Storm 1 was a PS3 launch title and it seemed to sell pretty good. I remember seeing commercials for Motor Storm 1 back in the days, but i havnt seen anything about Motor Storm Pacific Rift, i almost "forgot" about that the game was being released around this time. My copy of Motor Storm Pacific Rift should (hopefully) arrive to me in a few days :)

EDIT: When i said i havnt seen any commercials about Motor Storm Pacific Rift i was thinking about in my country, on TV and/or in magazines etc. I have seen some stuff online, like the driving school (or what it was) trailers over at www.gametrailers.com :)

Valkyr Junkie said:
Huh? You mean it hit #1 for 360 sales the week it launched? I wouldn't have thought since Halo 3 was still so new.

No, it hit No. 1 for the individual formats chart, the very chart that Gears 2 topped this week.

There was also a two (two and half given Halo 3 was midweek release) gap between H3 and PGR4.

pswii60 said:
You are so wrong though.

PGR4 debuted at #1 in the exact same individual SKU chart we are discussing here.

okokokokokok I was wrong unless you mix and match the different territories. But even still, they're both series that had multimillion selling outings as launch titles, but ultimately their follow-ups were possibly ill-timed against other big-name titles on their platforms.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
MotorStorm 2 isnt even out in most regions doesnt come out till the 16th add no advertising what so ever and the aweful demo, its no wonder, anyways it will have legs.

spwolf

Frillen said:
Well being number #2 in the UK doesn't really say that much consider we don't get raw numbers.

ha ha ha.

Some folks cant deal with it... If you think that #2 is not good in what is start of holiday season UK, with so many games released - then i feel a bit sorry for you. :lol

This happened last week, week before that and it will happy many times as PS3 and 360 have more things coming out like COD5, Mirrors Edge, R2, NFS, Prince of Persia.

I said it 2 weeks ago, if you guys could write "domination" million times over and over few months ago, we can do it so now as well.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
No one knew when it was coming.
Ok. That relates more to the poor advertising than anything else, but I see your point. My confusion is that we don't generally look at release dates in France / US / etc when we're seeing when games are coming out in the UK. :D

Jokeropia

spwolf said:
I said it 2 weeks ago, if you guys could write "domination" million times over and over few months ago, we can do it so now as well.
If you really don't understand the difference, "domination" is when you're winning overall and for months on end. DS is dominating PSP. PS2 dominated GC and Xbox.

markatisu

spwolf said:
Some folks cant deal with it... If you think that #2 is not good in what is start of holiday season UK, with so many games released - then i feel a bit sorry for you. :lol

This happened last week, week before that and it will happy many times as PS3 and 360 have more things coming out like COD5, Mirrors Edge, R2, NFS, Prince of Persia.

I don't think he was saying #2 was bad, but he was pointing out that PS3 games and 360 games just like in the US and JP tend to hit high and disappear

"domination" should be put into proper context

spwolf

markatisu said:
I don't think he was saying #2 was bad, but he was pointing out that PS3 games and 360 games just like in the US and JP tend to hit high and disappear

"domination" should be put into proper context

dissapear to what exactly? You see Halo 3 ocassionally charting, and there is GT5P in Top 40. He was just trying to make less of 360/PS3 software success in UK recently. R&C was 2 weeks in top 40 charts and after 8 months got >100k award in the UK.

Top Bottom