• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 48, 2013

I don't understand why GT6 is not a cross-gen title? That would seem like the most obvious choice considering it's being released along with the Ps4.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I didn't see you post last week's software units and revenue totals, was looking forward to the YoY uptick after a year of doom and gloom!
Sorry, here's what we got:

YTD November 2012: £800mm
YTD November 2013: £745mm (-7%)

Month of November 2012: £211mm
Month of November 2013: £150mm (-29%)

Week 47 November 2012: £44.4mm
Week 47 November 2013: £40.1mm (-6.9%)

Units are uniformly worse across the board, so...

Bruno MB

For those interested...so far, no answer from Guardian about what happened with the splits. I'll probably make the thread about it later today.

What's the point of making a thread about that?

In the hypothetical case that they aren't publishing the percentage splits because GfK Chart-Track noticed that we are using that information to estimate sales, that thread would make things even worse. I don't know if that is the reason, probably not, but anyway I doubt the person who posts the platform splits will answer you in the thread :D

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What's the point of making a thread about that?

In the hypothetical case that they aren't publishing the percentage splits because GfK Chart-Track noticed that we are using that information to estimate sales, that thread would make things even worse. I don't know if that is the reason, probably not, but anyway I doubt the person who posts the platform splits will answer you in the thread :D

...And then, how could we react to things like this? We can't stay and be subject to infos becoming more and more secret when so many other industries don't have any problem in disclosing results, even if they're bad. I know I'm probably too exaggerating, but I just can't stand this.

Sorry, here's what we got:

YTD November 2012: £800mm
YTD November 2013: £745mm (-7%)

Month of November 2012: £211mm
Month of November 2013: £150mm (-29%)

Week 47 November 2012: £44.4mm
Week 47 November 2013: £40.1mm (-6.9%)

Units are uniformly worse across the board, so...

Stupid Halo. :/

Hopefully this week will be up YoY vs last year's Wii U release. I haven't kept up with the GfK detail of late, I suppose I have some reading to do tomorrow...

Kenka

Since no one has done priorly in this thread :

18 (NE) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

20 (NE) WIU SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD (NINTENDO)

5mPQjR9.gif

Could GT6 also manage to help the market catch up?

Yes, week 48 and week 49 should be up year on year. Neither week had anything special last year. It really surprised me to see week 47 down by 10% YoY in terms of revenue given that week 47 last year only had Hitman as a new release title. I guess the holdover for BLOPS2 was better than this year, plus it started from a much higher base. Also Halo 4 probably held better than any title released in November this year. Still a little disappointed that the Bone launch didn't really help.

I suppose the PS4 will have to do all of the heavy lifting and raise the bar for 2013. GT6 as well.

Sony carrying the UK games industry, who would have thought it. :O

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
At list there Mario 3d World did better. Was Xbone not launched in Sweden and Norway? There is no Xbone game in either.

Raist

Banned
Also the german charts seem to be up but access is restricted. What's the source for the full charts usually? Did someone suscribe to GamesMarkt?

At list there Mario 3d World did better. Was Xbone not launched in Sweden and Norway? There is no Xbone game in either.

Tier 2 countries.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Tier 2 countries.

That explain it. There are some sales data for games if you filter by console, though. I guess from people with imported consoles.

The best selling PS4 game is FIFA 14 and the 1st party games sold worse than 3rd party, so not so many bundles I guess ?

jvm

Gamasutra.
Also the german charts seem to be up but access is restricted. What's the source for the full charts usually? Did someone suscribe to GamesMarkt?
Is GamesMarkt really 288€ per year? I'd consider subbing, but that's crazy. Is there enough data in there to justify it?

Raist

Banned
Is GamesMarkt really 288€ per year? I'd consider subbing, but that's crazy. Is there enough data in there to justify it?

I have no idea, I don't speak German :p

There's a 30 days free trial so I guess you could give it a shot. I don't even know if the german charts we usually get here comes from there, but if that's the case it's a top 50, no numbers. Although maybe they give numbers to subscribers, I dunno.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I have no idea, I don't speak German :p

There's a 30 days free trial so I guess you could give it a shot. I don't even know if the german charts we usually get here comes from there, but if that's the case it's a top 50, no numbers. Although maybe they give numbers to subscribers, I dunno.
It'd have to be significantly more in-depth to justify the cost. I pay £65 per year to access MCV UK digital edition, and that's already difficult to justify.

Raist

Banned
Dat PS4 blitzkrieg :eek:

Knack just below SM3DW. We nearly had another set of meltdowns

edit: holy shit, the first XB1 title is down at #34.

Raist

Banned
I also find the german way to classify games rather... intriguing.

Knack - Jump'n'Run/Action-Adventure
SM3DW - Jump'n'Run/Kinderspiel (Kids game)

And why the fuck would you jump first and then run? THIS MAKES NO SENSE. WHAT HAPPENED TO GERMAN EFFICIENCY!?

40%, dude. 40%.

Maybe they meant 40%
of what they had last gen
. Sounds about right.

Moonstone

The magazine is not worth it IMO. Their site is better, they have more charts (Top 100) and a lot of pr contacts from the german games and media industry. Something like a closed Xing. But that's only valuable if you work in that industry in germany.
As we don't have many publishers or developers, it covers a lot of mobile stuff.

They have no actual sales data in there. Just charts, per publisher , preorder charts. mobile download charts.

Occasionally they have articles or intervies where sales are revealed. Subscribing for 1 test-month in January is the best strategy. They publish the YTD Top 100 (all Platforms and individual) in every first edition of the new year.

Dat PS4 blitzkrieg :eek:

Knack just below SM3DW. We nearly had another set of meltdowns

edit: holy shit, the first XB1 title is down at #34.

Well at least 3D World started at #4 there
Why is the UK the least Nintendo-friendly European country though

Mpl90

New Super Mario Bros. U was 22nd in its second week.
Forza Motorsport 5 (the best selling launch title) is 34th in its second week.

Soooooooo funny.

Remember: bundles are not counted in German charts

Raist

Banned
So... in Germany

XB1 Week 1
05 - FM5
06 - BF4
08 - Ryse
09 - CoD:G
12 - ACIV
22 - FIFA14
35 - NFS:R
51 - NBA 2k14

XB1 Week 2
34 - BF4
39 - FM5
44 - Ryse
50 - CoD:G
82 - FIFA14
95 - Lego Marvel

PS4 Week 1

01 - BF4
02 - KZSF
03 - FIFA14
05 - Knack
06 - ACIV
07 - CoD:G
14 - NFS:R
31 - NBA 2k14
46 - Lego Marvel
85 - Madden
91 - Injustice

Bruno MB

yW8JH.png

Germany:
Week 48, 2013 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
02 (NE) PS4 KILLZONE: SHADOW FALL (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
03 (01) PS4 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (NE) WIU SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD (NINTENDO)
05 (NE) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
06 (03) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
07 (30) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
08 (10) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
09 (07) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10 (11) PS3 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
11 (13) PS3 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
12 (04) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS (NINTENDO)
13 (17) 3DS PROFESSOR LAYTON UND DAS VERMÄCHTNIS VON ASLANT (NINTENDO)
14 (NE) PS4 NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
15 (24) WII JUST DANCE 2014 (UBISOFT)
16 (02) PC ASSASSIN'S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
17 (14) PS3 NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
18 (15) PS3 BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
19 (19) 3DS POKÉMON Y (NINTENDO)
20 (23) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAFANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF (NINTENDO)
21 (16) PC BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
22 (20) 3DS POKÉMON X (NINTENDO)
23 (__) 3DS PROFESSOR LAYTON UND DIE MASKE DER WUNDER (NINTENDO)
24 (28) WII SKYLANDERS: SWAP FORCE - STARTER PACK (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
25 (26) 360 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
26 (57) PS3 BEYOND: TWO SOULS (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
27 (18) 360 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
28 (29) 360 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
29 (25) PC CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
30 (55) PS3 BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
31 (NE) PS4 NBA 2K14 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
32 (33) 3DS MARIO KART 7 (NINTENDO)
33 (31) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 (NINTENDO)
34 (06) XBO BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
35 (32) 3DS LUIGI'S MANSION 2 (NINTENDO)
36 (34) 360 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
37 (94) PS3 THE LAST OF US (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
38 (41) PS3 DIABLO III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
39 (05) 360 FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 (DIVERSE DISTRIBUTOREN)
40 (27) PC NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
41 (40) WIU WII PARTY U (NINTENDO)
42 (45) WII FIFA 14 - LEGACY EDITION (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
43 (43) 3DS LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER: THE CHASE BEGINS (NINTENDO)
44 (08) XBO RYSE - SON OF ROME (DIVERSE DISTRIBUTOREN)
45 (52) PS3 SKYLANDERS: SWAP FORCE - STARTER PACK (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
46 (NE) PS4 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
47 (37) 360 MINECRAFT - XBOX 360 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
48 (95) PC DIABLO III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
49 (12) XBO ASSASSIN'S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
50 (09) XBO CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
51 (49) PC FUßBALL MANAGER 14 - LEGACY EDITION (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
52 (38) PC LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 2013 (ASTRAGON)
53 (47) PS3 F1 2013 (NAMCO BANDAI GAMES)
54 (42) 360 BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
55 (48) PC THE ELDER SCROLLS V - SKYRIM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
56 (54) PC DIE SIMS 3: INTO THE FUTURE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
57 (59) 3DS SUPER MARIO 3D LAND (NINTENDO)
58 (50) 360 NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
59 (60) WII MARIO KART WII INKL. LENKRAD (NINTENDO)
60 (58) 3DS FIFA 14 - LEGACY EDITION (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
61 (65) PC FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
62 (67) 360 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
63 (44) PS3 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
64 (__) PS3 GOD OF WAR: ASCENSION (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
65 (71) WII THE VOICE OF GERMANY (FLASHPOINT)
66 (__) PC STARCRAFT II: HEART OF THE SWARM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
67 (__) PC TOTAL WAR: ROME II (KOCH MEDIA)
68 (73) WII NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII (NINTENDO)
69 (__) PS3 THE ELDER SCROLLS V - SKYRIM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
70 (68) WII MARIO PARTY 8 (NINTENDO)
71 (77) PS3 WWE 2K14 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
72 (21) PS3 RATCHET & CLANK: NEXUS (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
73 (__) WII DISNEY INFINITY - STARTER-SET (DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS)
74 (__) 360 SKYLANDERS: SWAP FORCE - STARTER PACK (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
75 (85) 3DS DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS 3D (NINTENDO)
76 (97) 360 DIABLO III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
77 (61) WII BIBI BLOCKSBERG: DAS GROßE HEXENBESENRENNEN 2 (SCHMIDT SPIELE)
78 (NE) PSP EVERYBODY'S GOLF (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
79 (39) PC CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
80 (76) WII WII SPORTS RESORT (NINTENDO)
81 (NE) 3DS LEGO FRIENDS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
82 (22) XBO FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
83 (__) PS3 INJUSTICE: GÖTTER UNTER UNS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
84 (96) WII DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS (NINTENDO)
85 (NE) PS4 MADDEN NFL 25 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
86 (__) WIU LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
87 (74) PS3 GRAN TURISMO 5 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
88 (__) 3DS MARIO & LUIGI: DREAM TEAM BROS. (NINTENDO)
89 (NE) PSP BUZZ!: DAS ULTIMATIVE MUSIK-QUIZ (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
90 (89) PS3 ASSASSIN'S CREED ANTHOLOGY (UBISOFT)
91 (NE) PS4 INJUSTICE: GÖTTER UNTER UNS - ULTIMATE EDITION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
92 (72) PS3 NBA 2K14 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
93 (98) PC DIE SIMS 3: INSELPARADIES (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
94 (__) PS3 DEAD SPACE 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
95 (NE) XBO LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
96 (63) PC WORLD OF WARCRAFT: MISTS OF PANDARIA (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
97 (66) PC CRYSIS 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
98 (91) PC LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
99 (86) PS3 LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 2013 (ASTRAGON)
100 (__) PS3 CRYSIS 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

Top 100

PS3 - 24
PC - 17
3DS - 15
PS4 - 11
360 - 11
WII - 11
XBO - 6
WIU - 3
PSP - 2

Raist

Banned
Thanks for the charts with a clear layout Bruno.
Dunno if you missed my post above, but charts are also up for Sweden and Norway (Finland and Denmark aren't).

Still nothing for Ireland. Is this the norm? Back in the days when I was taking care of this thread it was released on the same day than the UK. Denmark was Tuesdays as it was part of chart track (now GfK Nordic).

Really curious about the Irish charts. IIRC it was the contry with the highest PS4 preorders per capita? I wonder how many copies of Knack gofreak bought. Probably like 500 :p

Mpl90

Top 100

PS3 - 24
PC - 17
3DS - 15
PS4 - 11
360 - 11
WII - 11
XBO - 6
WIU - 3
PSP - 2

2 PSP titles and no Vita at all in German top 100.
...And FIFA 14 for 3DS stayed basically flat despite the PS4 invasion. That's insulting :lol

jvm

Gamasutra.
2 PSP titles and no Vita at all in German top 100.
...And FIFA 14 for 3DS stayed basically flat despite the PS4 invasion. That's insulting :lol
Poor PSV. What can be done? Alas, nothing. The Vectrex of our time, gentlemen. The Vectrex of our time.

Moonstone

New Super Mario Bros. U was 22nd in its second week.
Forza Motorsport 5 (the best selling launch title) is 34th in its second week.

Soooooooo funny.

Remember: bundles are not counted in German charts

Bold statement: WiiU might outsell the Xbox One in the following month (after the launch boost) in Germany. Sales for both systems won't be good though.

jvm

Gamasutra.
MCV UK says Call of Duty: Ghosts sold around 1 million units in November 2013 (period ending 23 November 2013), down about 50% from Call of Duty: Black Ops during a similar period last year.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag sales were down 60% YOY compared to last year's game, and Battlefield 4's sales were down 69% compared to Battlefield 3, again during comparable periods.

I have platform software shares for November, but boy are they kind of screwed up. Including only two digital titles (Forza 5 and FIFA 14, both for Xbox One) kind of puts a real wrench in things.

I'll try to type of the top 50 for November. If people want specific top 10s, please ask, and I'll get to them as I see the requests.

Edit: Were there PS4 software bundles? Like what? Was it believed that they were also counted as software sales in the software chart?

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
MCV UK says Call of Duty: Ghosts sold around 1 million units in November 2013 (period ending 23 November 2013), down about 50% from Call of Duty: Black Ops during a similar period last year.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag sales were down 60% YOY compared to last year's game, and Battlefield 4's sales were down 69% compared to Battlefield 3, again during comparable periods.

I have platform software shares for November, but boy are they kind of screwed up. Including only two digital titles (Forza 5 and FIFA 14, both for Xbox One) kind of puts a real wrench in things.

I'll try to type of the top 50 for November. If people want specific top 10s, please ask, and I'll get to them as I see the requests.

Edit: Were there PS4 software bundles? Like what? Was it believed that they were also counted as software sales in the software chart?

Dude your monthly charts and breakdowns are really interesting. Why bury them in this thread instead of making a new one? Anyway thanks for putting them out.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
At least 3D World seems to be doing somewhat better in the rest of Europe!

jvm

Gamasutra.
There is an item here with a comment from Chart-Track about counting FIFA 14 and Forza 5 bundles. I don't see how it makes sense.
GfK Chart-Track director said:
The Xbox One Day One edition included FIFA 14 or Forza 5 as digital tokens. For us to ignore them would underestimate the software market, they are after all sales through our panel of retailers.
Can someone tell me the distinction between Forza 5 bundle and Knack bundles? Serious question, because I don't see why one would be counted and the other not. Yet, this quote suggests that in fact that did happen.

Seems a little selective, if indeed that did happen.

Edit: Forget that, PS4 wasn't out for these monthly data. It is out for the weekly data I was looking at separately. That's the reason my head is all screwed up.

jvm

Gamasutra.
PS4 pre-launch software sales are strong. Also, looks like a good launch for XBO software.

Is it conceivable that the PS4 only moved 75K units of software? Because that's what's being reported here, unless I'm missing something.

Total software: 4.4mm units for November.

PS4 share: 1.7% of units
PS4 units: 75,000

XBO share: 10.8% of units
XBO units: 475,000

Edit: Oh, right, these don't include launch sales. So the system moved 75,000 units before it even was on shelves. Duh. Sorry, it's still 7:30AM here...and no coffee. :D

So are there 150K units of FIFA/Forza included in that 475K?

Not a bad tie ratio though at launch even taking that into account, I guess. Are there any past precedents to compare to?

Raist

Banned
PS4 pre-launch software sales are strong. Also, looks like a good launch for XBO software.

Is it conceivable that the PS4 only moved 75K units of software? Because that's what's being reported here, unless I'm missing something.

Total software: 4.4mm units for November.

PS4 share: 1.7% of units
PS4 units: 75,000

XBO share: 10.8% of units
XBO units: 475,000

Edit: Oh, right, these don't include launch sales. So the system moved 75,000 units before it even was on shelves. Duh. Sorry, it's still 7:30AM here...and no coffee. :D

That's an interesting figure, because we can see if the estimates for CoD especially pre-launch were accurate.

So CoD had three weeks of sales, but we could only estimate ~25-28k after two weeks.
That leaves:
- one week of FIFA14 (Week 47, #13)
- one week of ACIV (Week 47, #17)
- one week for CoD (Week 47, #36)

Unfortunately we're missing splits for week 47...

Regardless, 75k seems a fairly high number considering the console wasn't even out and PS4 titles stormed the charts on week 48. I'd assume the total is far above XB1 total SW sales.

Raist

Banned
New Finnish and Danish charts are up, so we've got all the nordic countries now

WwtoCl5.png

zvaDw6s.png
[/QUOTE]

YkD7kUY.png

8qVD9IG.png

Seems like a weak-ish debut for the PS4 up north, but I guess they had super limited supplies of HW.

Top Bottom