• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

Paragon%2Fblog%2Fnew-hero-reveal-revenant%2FRevenant_Screenshot-1920x1080-d21e95077bbf996065ba3b41539f2c25a5398336.jpg

https://youtu.be/mzSpb2TnQ8k

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/new-hero-reveal-revenant

Revenant (Fury, Corruption) is an unholy melding of malevolent spirit and vicious bounty hunter. An ability Carry, Revenant relies on isolating targets and collecting bounties in order to snowball past the enemy carry.

Revolver Round (LMB/R2) - Revenant carries a revolver with 4 rounds, upon consuming these rounds he will automatically reload.

Hellfire Rounds (RMB/R1) - Allows you to reload your weapon at any time, and passively causes bonus damage on your fourth shot.

Scar (E/Circle) - Infuses your target with dark energy, attacking will deal bonus damage to your enemy.

Obliterate (Q/Square) - Revenant fires a volley of projectiles which randomly target enemies in front of him.

Reckoning (R/Triangle) - Revenant transports himself and his target to the Nether Realm, where he and his enemy must duel. While there, only Revenant can see his prey and they can only damage each other. If he succeeds in killing his enemy, he collects their bounty, earning bonus card power.

SarusGray

btw did they change anything to Morigesh ? is she still OP?

she's nerfed and definitely drops out mid to late game compared to other offlaners who can last longer and do higher burst damage. Early game she can still be a terror especially if she gets fed early.

I feel like the Revenant is thematically an angry online gaming troll. Fury and Corruption, constantly reload the same attacks, and when challenged goes to the ultimate "1v1 me bro" lol

Ploid 3.0

I'm sticking to The Fey until I master her. I gotta stop jumping around. I got costumes for people I thought I would stick with, masteries too. I gotta slow down. Though I wonder how Muriel is these days. Haven't played her since before Monolith.

SarusGray

I'm sticking to The Fey until I master her. I gotta stop jumping around. I got costumes for people I thought I would stick with, masteries too. I gotta slow down. Though I wonder how Muriel is these days. Haven't played her since before Monolith.

great early mid, drops off hard late game. Probably good now because matches end quickly due to raptors and OP changes.

Eggbok

Just played a match it was funny, I was TwinBlast and on the enemy team there was another TwinBlast. We were both in the same lane but we never attacked each other for a good bit lol. We both also had a teammate with us and they were both Grux. Both of the Grux ended up bailing and just left me and the otherTwinBlast. We stood beside each other facing opposite directions killing each others minions lol.

There was like some unspoken truce or something but it was hilarious while it lasted.

Espada

Revenant is phenomenal across the board. The abilities, the design, the name, all of it. Why in the world did they take so long to give us a new ranger!?

Though I don't expect to be able to use him for several weeks due to the draft, heh.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Draft Dodging is gonna be Lit!

Not since the Vietnam War have that many people "dodged"

Queue times for re-drafting are going to be astronomical

That is Revnants true one Ability, destroying the game before it even starts!

SSReborn

Revenant is phenomenal across the board. The abilities, the design, the name, all of it. Why in the world did they take so long to give us a new ranger!?

Though I don't expect to be able to use him for several weeks due to the draft, heh.
If he's complicated they'll drop him quick like Yin.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Glad Sparrow is on of my mains, this looks dope!
Also is there a reason why everything is revealed on the tutorial map? I would love that to be a playable map because it's gorgeous.

These trailers are marketing trailers that are going to live forever, and the Monolith map is nowhere near being complete or even fully arted up (missing textures, lighting not final, skybox gotta get done did, etc.). The tutorial map, on the other hand, is way more polished, and we can use that space to make really cool-looking trailers. That's it, really.

I'll say this: the stuff that the team is doing to bring Monolith up to visual speed is... you're gonna die. I've seen some WIP and I died. I'm dead.

Eric WK

Enjoying this a ton on PS4. Are there any active PS4 PvPers in the thread looking to add a friend? I'm hoping to move away from solo queue.

PSN is Eric WK.

Also, Graverobber I know you're mostly a co-op versus AI guy and I'd be happy to queue alongside you to try out new characters and stuff. If you're ever interested, feel free to send me a party invite.

These trailers are marketing trailers that are going to live forever, and the Monolith map is nowhere near being complete or even fully arted up (missing textures, lighting not final, skybox gotta get done did, etc.). The tutorial map, on the other hand, is way more polished, and we can use that space to make really cool-looking trailers. That's it, really.

I'll say this: the stuff that the team is doing to bring Monolith up to visual speed is... you're gonna die. I've seen some WIP and I died. I'm dead.

You guys are going to make me buy a new GPU aren't you? I mean, I need one (current is amd hd 6870), but I'm trying to hold off.

The pressure for pretty visuals.... bah!

Mindlog

The way Monolith has been modified over time is appealing to me. The first edition was rough, but in a way that also felt somewhat proper. Ramps and columns took the appearance of unworked marble and stone. Steady improvement looks like proper construction and detailing.

Some scaffolding wouldn't be out of place. Always looking forward to the next revision.

Spinluck

My heart can't take this.

Epic has some incredibly talented artist under that roof. The game was already a looker, but this final version sounds hype.

hurzelein

Took a 3 week Paragon break because I didn't really feel it anymore. Had a bot match today just to see if Base PS4 got the grass textures already. It didn't, but played 5 PvP matches afterwards and had a ton of fun. It's amazing what a break does to your enjoyment of a multiplayer game.

Had a ton of dodges (2 games were 5 dodges each before it started), maybe the penalty should be increased to 10min.

SarusGray

Ughhhhhhhhh

delSai

Man my games aren't going good at all lol, i've lost 7 matches today, tried new characters and got my ass kicked, same with characters i've been playing since around it came out. No idea who to play as next, maybe a short break would do the trick. I've been playing awful all week long.

Zavist

The meta is in a super weird place. You no longer care about towers, but raptors and OP. Hope they change it soon cause it is not very fun. TDM is not fun when it is all that happens.

GraveRobberX

So in Co-Op if the Bots go The Fey, Sparrow, Gadget, Howitzer, Grux combo, the AI gets super broken lol

Never seen that Co-Op Bot team, usually it's 2-3, not 4 Ranged + Fighter

I've played a fuckton of Co-Op I should know!

So Mid Lane completely barren, our Twinblast who wanted to Mid was so confused
Just "Enemies Missing" everywhere, haha

If he saw on his map all 4 Bots were congregated to Offlane, poor Grux the n Safe lane

Me (GRIM.exe) and Sparrow teammate fucking feasted
Once we learned on the fly that The Fey + Sparrow were 1 combo while Gadget and Howitzer were a combo team themselves, we just killed them in priority, became a hilarious game of it for me and Sparrow

So if we killed They Fey, our priority switched to Gadget then back to Sparrow then to Howitzer
This way, we staggered them that only 2 times we had all 4 come at the same time, by that time we were 30+ CXP

Funny sometimes the pathing presents new fun thing to do in the game while xp bar filling, rep stockpiling and Star accumulating 😃

Nicolas if you read this sent you PS4 friend invite!
Also ask team if they can blog how the hell do Star chests work!

I'm guessing we're waiting on the weekly Chest and monthly Vault for to get some insight?

Since Star Chest introduced, I've gotten Diamond Chest every time, 4 so far I think, this will be #5

I've been "Reset" back to Bronze once, Siilver twice, Gold once
Why is the reset so random?

Ploid 3.0

I was contemplating buying the new tier 2(?) skin for Fey, or Sparrow, but I got greedy and tried for 2 Loot Crate + Keys. Flopped pretty hard. Executioner Murdock (the orange one), and the Blue Sparrow Autumn Fire skin. I have so many Murdock skins, but I don't really care for him, and I haven't played Sparrow in a while, but I like the normal Autumn skin more. At least blue looks good enough, I like that they seem to have changed it's look a bit. She has something on her face now, or was it always there?

It's interesting to see that I can get a skin (alt color) even if I don't have the base skin though. I was wondering how they would handle that.

GraveRobberX

I was contemplating buying the new tier 2(?) skin for Fey, or Sparrow, but I got greedy and tried for 2 Loot Crate + Keys. Flopped pretty hard. Executioner Murdock (the orange one), and the Blue Sparrow Autumn Fire skin. I have so many Murdock skins, but I don't really care for him, and I haven't played Sparrow in a while, but I like the normal Autumn skin more. At least blue looks good enough, I like that they seem to have changed it's look a bit. She has something on her face now, or was it always there?

It's interesting to see that I can get a skin (alt color) even if I don't have the base skin though. I was wondering how they would handle that.

^

Murdock is what Tracer is to Overwatch, their Mascot

I'm drowning in Murdock skins, but Rik Chains or Serv Da' God ain't got shit for the longest!

Going through skins, you can see when Skin Variations came to be, like Crunch each Skin is 500 coins, while you can slot them as Default variation
Searth looks like was the last one to get multiple skins that each counted as one before variations took a foothold

I'm Ok with Palette swaps, but come one some of the old Heroes are like left and forgotten skins wise

Sparrow just got that awesome Native skin and she's already getting Rogue cloak
I'm ok with Kallari getting it

Also we now have a fuckton of variety of colors and skins, but my word a lot of the people still run default in co-op
Maybe it's different in PvP

Hey free money making scheme for Epic, hey how about the featured skin that release gets overlayed on Bots as a selling point
Hell even if it has to be different color variations

Kind of boring seeing Defaults on Bots, liven them the fuck up
Give them banners, charms that you get a preview of before release!

I mean Gadgets skin is hella good, I don't like Default yellow color, too Bumblebee for my taste, but I like the Red one, wish we can see the Bot at least advertise the game and money off it

!!!!!!!!

What a crazy idea!

Turkoop

Banned
AI is sometimes totally broken, they do not react or don't escape when there is no chance to survive. Epic should definitely improvise the AI.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Can you smell it?

Feel it?

Embrace it?

Devour it? !

We getting A MOTHERFUCKING RANGER! next week

Oh how I miss you Ranger class!

Working my way up with Twinblast and GRIM.exe to Mastery, want all Rangers mastered first, then Fighters especially Crunch and Grux and then I'll work on squishies aka hybrids and last saved for support
Can't wait to jump on Revenant, I'm at least 75% of the time a carry/ranged player, so this is some massive excite for me!

Also nice re: the Destiny linkup for sure mate, keen to run some weeklies on the odd occasion (play crucible most of the time lately) :)

GraveRobberX

I can see one argument against that though, new players would have a harder time recognizing some of the heroes. Minor argument but could keep them from implementing that.

There's a huge name splashed over the top of the avatar

Blue_"Bot Name"

Also Draft kinda shows who you will be facing in PvE

I mean like it matters in co-op of team composition, you games with 4 fighters and a ranged or 4 ranged and a fighter
Then amazingly 1-2 afk anyway

Mindlog

The meta is in a super weird place. You no longer care about towers, but raptors and OP. Hope they change it soon cause it is not very fun. TDM is not fun when it is all that happens.
Even Gold Buff could use some work.
It can't be too powerful, but it also can't be utterly useless like it is now. You basically have to be perfect in LH to recoup the opportunity cost of just staying in lane. Maybe Gold Buff can increase the shared CXP in lane to help the support.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Even Gold Buff could use some work.
It can't be too powerful, but it also can't be utterly useless like it is now. You basically have to be perfect in LH to recoup the opportunity cost of just staying in lane. Maybe Gold Buff can increase the shared CXP in lane to help the support.

Gold buff needs something, total waste of time as it stands IMO (unless your lane needs to reset or something).

Loving Gids again of late, so much fun...when that ulty works right, man...the best.

GraveRobberX

Gold Buff is an afterthought
Hell sometimes River Buffs are just forgotten

You'll see more people try to take Green Buff than anything else
Even in Co-Op where Bots don't go for anything than green, you'll see playersjyst bypass buffs

I'm like why not take it, most refill your MP and the extra bonus might help you out
I've stopped Safe laning and just call Mid, even Brute force people out of my lane and take kills away from them to make them move out

Seriously a lot of players still don't know what last hit does, why in the CXP race they get behind
One game I delayed dropping inhib to see how long it would take for at least one other player on my team to catch up to me CXP wise, they never did
I was @60CXP by minute 33 in game, most were back in the early 40-45 range, one was at 35 CXP

I use the map and buffs to my advantage now as much as possible when I Mid as GRIM.exe or Lt. Belica
Hell I peel off and grab Safe and Off lane cxp buffs, cause they sure aren't using them

Hell most co-op players bypass Raptors and OP

I've started building an internal clock with my deck on where I should be co-op wise to trigger back in my head the spawn times of Raptors and OP, not even looking at the clock
I maybe an outlier co-op player, but I practice over and over to get better over time

I played a PvP match recently and went 6-2-2 and got a win as GRIM.exe
Only thing different was less kills and more positioning, just had to adjust on the fly
Yet even in my match I saw players go 1 v 2 like at the 10-15CXP mark, like why are you chasing and feeding the other team

Funny enough our PvP match ended quicker than normal
No Raptor or OP shenanigans were had, I mean I'm in Silver (LOL), but still
Confused the fuck out of me, watching streamers or knowing how the game is supposed to play out in higher tiers, is completely different in lower tiers

Still I'll venture into PvP slowly, but I enjoy co-op still too much
I create random objectives for shits n giggles

Like right now is doing the "Kobe" with GRIM.exe lob bomb
Getting good at jumping and arching my shot to get the kill
3/5 is my best 1/5 my worst lol in trying it
Have to lower Bots Health for them to retreat to "safe space", don't chase, just as recall animation triggers, chase,
Lob it perfectly over to them yelling "Kobe" in the process lol

Netting that kill feels so good

Top Bottom