• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

KOHIPEET

I'm becoming really frustrated lately. I've lost around 70 elo in one week and my win/loose ratio plummeted. I can't seem to find the reason. I play support, midlander, Adc, jungler. I use wards I try to rotate, focus on team play, but nothing. Gideon, Twinblast, Riktor, Khaimera, Serath, Yin, Steel, no matter what, I just can't win. I was near platinum around January and now I'm close to being silver again.

Worst of all. I often get called out for being bad, for not having too many kills....

I'm on the edge here. I've been playing since the beginning, and like the game, but I don't think I can bear this any longer. What is happening to the player base?

Or am I doing something wrong?

delSai

I'm becoming really frustrated lately. I've lost around 70 elo in one week and my win/loose ratio plummeted. I can't seem to find the reason. I play support, midlander, Adc, jungler. I use wards I try to rotate, focus on team play, but nothing. Gideon, Twinblast, Rimtor, Khaimera, Serath, Yin,Steel, no matter what I just can't win.

Worst of all. I often get kalled out for being bad, for not having too many kills....

I'm on the edge here. I've been playing since the beginning, and like the game, but I don't think I can bear this any longer. What is happening to the player base?

Ya sound like me haha. Yesterday was just awful, so many people complaining and being asses.

I tried to play Riktor, a character that i hate to try to change things up, and while it made me hate him less, i still got murdered. Same with characters ive been playing for a long time and usually are doint well with. It just went downhill and i feel like i'm dragging my team down and this kinda stuff. I can totally understand where ya comin from.

KOHIPEET

Ya sound like me haha. Yesterday was just awful, so many people complaining and being asses.

I tried to play Riktor, a character that i hate to try to change things up, and while it made me hate him less, i still got murdered. Same with characters ive been playing for a long time and usually are doint well with. It just went downhill and i feel like i'm dragging my team down and this kinda stuff. I can totally understand where ya comin from.

And I can't really wrap my head around why people are so damn aggressive. I just lost a match with Gideon. I was midlander and right from her first death, a shinbi on offlane started writing things like: "report Gideon not rotating" etc. I was being pushed by two in the mid and she begun to push out. Of course she got ganked and couldn't anything. Yet she instantly begun flaming, calling me not good enough for gold league.

She ended up 8-10-3. I really whish epic would make some sort of tutorial for different roles. So people would learn that having a shitton of kills doesn't not automatically make you a good player.

SarusGray

I'm becoming really frustrated lately. I've lost around 70 elo in one week and my win/loose ratio plummeted. I can't seem to find the reason. I play support, midlander, Adc, jungler. I use wards I try to rotate, focus on team play, but nothing. Gideon, Twinblast, Riktor, Khaimera, Serath, Yin, Steel, no matter what, I just can't win. I was near platinum around January and now I'm close to being silver again.

Worst of all. I often get called out for being bad, for not having too many kills....

My tip, master one or two heroes, completely learn them, their lanes and how best you can contribute in a team fight. I've taken time to learn each hero meticulously and it has made all the difference. Focus on getting your CXP as high as possible, being there for objectives, even late for those fights is better than not showing up at all, and just have a good time.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
And I can't really wrap my head around why people are so damn aggressive. I just lost a match with Gideon. I was midlander and right from her first death, a shinbi on offlane started writing things like: "report Gideon not rotating" etc. I was being pushed by two in the mid and she begun to push out. Of course she got ganked and couldn't anything. Yet she instantly begun flaming, calling me not good enough for gold league.

She ended up 8-10-3. I really whish epic would make some sort of tutorial for different roles. So people would learn that having a shitton of kills doesn't not automatically make you a good player.

To tell you the truth, Fuck those backseat so called Pro players that they think there gods gift to MOBA

How the hell are you gonna report someone for not rotating!
I mean come the fuck on

I get if it's trolling, throwing the game, etc. but just cause someone has different play style or mindset or hell the situation isn't there for certain strategic pushes, just play the fucking game

It's a MOBA, so you're going to get some of those players who've adopted the toxic attitudes from LoL and DotA. I honestly just ignore them and try to play to the best of my ability. Lately I've just been doing Co-op though as I haven't felt like I have the time for PvP games. 1 or 2 Co-op games then I'm off to handle IRL things.

But anytime I get a toxic player. I just ignore them in-game, report post-game and move on. Idiots like that will kill the game before it has a chance to gather a following. There aren't a ton of MOBA's on consoles, so there's going to be players trying the genre for the first time and getting harassed kills fun.

hurzelein

Experienced today how important good atmosphere/communication is.

I was invited by someone on my friendslist today, got in a premade group of 4. These 4 guys were in a Playstation Party but they didn't ask or invite me so I didn't want to bother them, probably a bunch of friends. I was Grux Jungle, one of my mains, 65% winrate.

Started great with firstblood etc., went downhill after they constantly ignored Raptors (I tried to force it several times) and I had to constantly help out Greystone offlane. Somehow I got "good jobbed" for every death in our team. In teamfiights, when I initated, they didn't follow through like I'm used to, but were extremly slow and clunky. I guess they were following their own communication in the party but didn't care about me. I felt extremly alien in this team, never felt like were were playing together. After our Twinblast started good jobbing me every 30 sec. I'm like "Guys this isn't working out for me, I'm gone next game, for a premade team you guys are extremly poisonous in your communication". Answer "We don't want you as well". For some reason I played even worse after that, the whole thing threw me off and I got ignored by my team when it came to assisting me etc.

So we lost because I had bad farm, too many deaths and my teammates really didn't know how to teamfight. After I deleted the guy from my friendlist, I looked them up on Agora and realized that all 4 were > 100 Elo below me, alltough they stack often in this composition. Pretty bad winrates though.
Idk, made me think how many more people made that horrible 5th wheel experience in that party.

KOHIPEET

My tip, master one or two heroes, completely learn them, their lanes and how best you can contribute in a team fight. I've taken time to learn each hero meticulously and it has made all the difference. Focus on getting your CXP as high as possible, being there for objectives, even late for those fights is better than not showing up at all, and just have a good time.

Thank you. However I already mastered Gideon, Riktor and Khai.

Spinluck

How are you approaching the game strategically?

The meta is pretty much set up raptors, win with prime.

The focus on rotating and setting lanes is still there, but you have to be on raptors the moment they come up and always have wards on them. The more your team gets (preferable the carry or jungler), the more likely you guys are in position to get prime earlier than the opponent.

Winning and losing is all part of the game. For me personally, I take losses hard as fuck because I'm an incredibly competitive guy. If it gets too frustrating, all I can recommend is taking a break if it gets too bad.

There are actually good things about losing because you learn. Go back and watch a few of your games if you're serious about winning. You'll definitely spot mistakes from not only your teams, but yourself. Just always have them in mind when making decisions in the heat of the moment.

Hit up Agora.gg for deck ideas or look up Sylphin on YouTube, he's my absolute favorite deck builder in the community. His decks work on all levels of play and he even has vids where he analyzes Diamond matches, and dissects the meta.

KOHIPEET

How are you approaching the game strategically?

The meta is pretty much set up raptors, win with prime.

The focus on rotating and setting lanes is still there, but you have to be on raptors the moment they come up and always have wards on them. The more your team gets (preferable the carry or jungler), the more likely you guys are in position to get prime earlier than the opponent.

Winning and losing is all part of the game. For me personally, I take losses hard as fuck because I'm an incredibly competitive guy. If it gets too frustrating, all I can recommend is taking a break if it gets too bad.

There are actually good things about losing because you learn. Go back and watch a few of your games if you're serious about winning. You'll definitely spot mistakes from not only your teams, but yourself. Just always have them in mind when making decisions in the heat of the moment.

Hit up Agora.gg for deck ideas or look up Sylphin on YouTube, he's my absolute favorite deck builder in the community. His decks work on all levels of play and he even has vids where he analyzes Diamond matches, and dissects the meta.

Well, when I play ADC I definitely focus on raptors, as a jungler though, I only ward it and get ready to help when opportunity to clear the camp comes.

I know that about losing, that it's good for learning. Actually that's how I implemented 2 active armor cards to my Riktor build and blinkshot for Khai. Losing isn't actually the problem, it's the people who are assholes throughout the match.

Thanks for that youtube channel though. I can't watch it while at work, but I'll definitely check it out.

delSai

I'm at the point again where there's just no more fun. PVP is a no go at the moment, it's either a one sided match where i and my team get destroyed or people are being dicks, although i guess both go hand in hand too. No matter who i play as or what role, i'm not enjoying it. But there's still PVE which i generally have no problem with and in mobas often prefer to PVP but even that is hella frustrating. It's almost guaranteed that someone will leave or will be AFKing, a mess can be fun, i like to go in with crazy builds that only have attackspeed in it too sometimes... I dunno, i've been there when the map changed but i was able to stop hating it later on, even having fun again for a while. Stuff like lootboxes and leveling em up sounds right up my alley but when all you ever get is reputation even that stops being fun

I guess that's my circle of Paragon, going from fun to not enjoying it. I really want to love this game, it's the only thing i can play with my group of friends as a team but it's just not working for me. I don't know what to do, keep trying, possibly finding the joy of Paragon again or ruining it even more for myself, or just stop and be done with.

Eggbok

These trailers are marketing trailers that are going to live forever, and the Monolith map is nowhere near being complete or even fully arted up (missing textures, lighting not final, skybox gotta get done did, etc.). The tutorial map, on the other hand, is way more polished, and we can use that space to make really cool-looking trailers. That's it, really.

I'll say this: the stuff that the team is doing to bring Monolith up to visual speed is... you're gonna die. I've seen some WIP and I died. I'm dead.

I definitely understand that lol, hopefully one day we can use the tutorial map fully. I've love to make videos on it, it's gorgeous! Also excited to see what you guys do to Monolith

Also, reading the last few post on this page made me wonder, is there a gaf squad for paragon? I'd love to group up and play sometime though Idk all the lingo and stuff, I just play my lane to the fullest lol.
Just don't get mad at me or yell. :(

KOHIPEET

I'm at the point again where there's just no more fun. PVP is a no go at the moment, it's either a one sided match where i and my team get destroyed or people are being dicks, although i guess both go hand in hand too. No matter who i play as or what role, i'm not enjoying it. But there's still PVE which i generally have no problem with and in mobas often prefer to PVP but even that is hella frustrating. It's almost guaranteed that someone will leave or will be AFKing, a mess can be fun, i like to go in with crazy builds that only have attackspeed in it too sometimes... I dunno, i've been there when the map changed but i was able to stop hating it later on, even having fun again for a while. Stuff like lootboxes and leveling em up sounds right up my alley but when all you ever get is reputation even that stops being fun

I guess that's my circle of Paragon, going from fun to not enjoying it. I really want to love this game, it's the only thing i can play with my group of friends as a team but it's just not working for me. I don't know what to do, keep trying, possibly finding the joy of Paragon again or ruining it even more for myself, or just stop and be done with.

Which region, and at what time do you usually play?

Spinluck

Well, when I play ADC I definitely focus on raptors, as a jungler though, I only ward it and get ready to help when opportunity to clear the camp comes.

I know that about losing, that it's good for learning. Actually that's how I implemented 2 active armor cards to my Riktor build and blinkshot for Khai. Losing isn't actually the problem, it's the people who are assholes throughout the match.

Thanks for that youtube channel though. I can't watch it while at work, but I'll definitely check it out.

You can't control your teammates.

When I solo q I have rules in place to make my experience better.

1. Kill them with kindness. Never argue and if you see two teammates arguing, try to cool down the situation and encourage them to get over it and continue playing.

2. Don't try to save over committed teammates that have no chance at survival. If they over extend and are being chased, and cannot meet you at a point on the map where you can save them, don't even try or else you'll did. They will likely spam "good job" or "I need help!" But there was probably nothing you could've done. Just say ping "sorry bout that" and move on.

3. Communicate and ward as much as possible. Believe it or not there are teammates that are actually really good and team players. Do this and it might pay off.

4. Always pick what benefits the comp. Unless you're testing a new deck or character. Try to go with what will help your team of not just what you feel like doing. Try not to end up with 3 rangers or 3 supports XD.

5. Have fun. Like I said, you cannot control your teammates. Just hope for the best. There are a lot poop heads out there. Report and move on. I usually play 3, 4, and 5 stack with my friends. But I've had some fun with solo q here and there. And even some hilarious matches, win or lose.

KOHIPEET

Not master as in acquire their master skins, but learn them to the fullest.

Well, Gideon was my main back on legacy and he's the very first character I played. It's fair to say I'm good with him. Riktor is my second most played and I can hook with a good accuracy, but I do fuck up his ult many times. With Khai, I've been constantly changing my deck. Now I think it's in good shape, I'm fairly good with him since I can dominate early game, somehow manage to survive mid game, only to be able to deal serious burst damage late game, while having enough LS to survive in team fights too. I'm not saying I'm a true master of all three, but by the sheer amount of time I've played them, I can say I know their abilities.

Twinblast is my fourth character to learn, after him, Sevarog and Serath.

CupONoodos

Neo Member

He can fuckin tower dive without taking damage from towers with his ult. Holy shit. Revenant is going to be unstoppable under the right hands and will most definitely get the nerf hammer after the community whines about him like they did with Morigesh.

Super in love with his ult, a really imaginative and unique take on that style of ult in MOBAs. It's like Legion Commander's Duel + Bounty Hunter's Track + Shadow Demon's Disruption. I hope they keep how strong it is, but add more Heroes that specifically counter stuff like that. AKA Global Silence Hero needs to come soon.

Zavist

In the overview video you can see steel landing an ultimate on crunch while crunch is in the Nether realm... Kinda unexpected ... I though they cant interact with the "outside" world.

The only broken thing I think is obliterate, depending on the scaling.Otherwise the ultimate makes him pretty interesting to play. So many interactions, both offensive and defensive. Compared to him other heroes are kinda bland :p

SarusGray

Well, Gideon was my main back on legacy and he's the very first character I played. It's fair to say I'm good with him. Riktor is my second most played and I can hook with a good accuracy, but I do fuck up his ult many times. With Khai, I've been constantly changing my deck. Now I think it's in good shape, I'm fairly good with him since I can dominate early game, somehow manage to survive mid game, only to be able to deal serious burst damage late game, while having enough LS to survive in team fights too. I'm not saying I'm a true master of all three, but by the sheer amount of time I've played them, I can say I know their abilities.

Twinblast is my fourth character to learn, after him, Sevarog and Serath.
Hmm, I guess my other advice would be to ward A LOT to prevent ganks, ward objectives since they are incredibly important now.

In the overview video you can see steel landing an ultimate on crunch while crunch is in the Nether realm... Kinda unexpected ... I though they cant interact with the "outside" world.

The only broken thing I think is obliterate, depending on the scaling.Otherwise the ultimate makes him pretty interesting to play. So many interactions, both offensive and defensive. Compared to him other heroes are kinda bland :p

They can be affected by CC still but can't be damaged. Or so they say.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
They can be affected by CC still but can't be damaged. Or so they say.
Doesn't seem to be the case. At 1:21 of the Overview; Fey gets the kill even though Kwang is in Revenant ult. After realizing this, I'm not really fond of that. Want it to be a true 1v1 in the sense that you forget about your surroundings and go for it. No teammates involved or enemies. The way it looks like it works now is just another version of invisibility instead of a true "disruption" style ability. Shame.

Weston

I played Paragon for the first time in around six months. I uninstalled it after a really long bender. The hour and half long matches were getting be too much.

I had a good time today. I wasn't as lost as I thought I would be. All my decks are outdated though. Most of them have harvester keys.

SarusGray

Doesn't seem to be the case. At 1:21 of the Overview; Fey gets the kill even though Kwang is in Revenant ult. After realizing this, I'm not really fond of that. Want it to be a true 1v1 in the sense that you forget about your surroundings and go for it. No teammates involved or enemies. The way it looks like it works now is just another version of invisibility instead of a true "disruption" style ability. Shame.

they negate 99% of damage. They really should reword this ult.

I played Paragon for the first time in around six months. I uninstalled it after a really long bender. The hour and half long matches were getting be too much.

I had a good time today. I wasn't as lost as I thought I would be. All my decks are outdated though. Most of them have harvester keys.

yeah match times are insanely short now, its kind of nice and kind of not. :eek:

GraveRobberX

Patch is live

Sleepy as hell, might play later on today

Draft Didge lets Go!

So how many Stats has everyone earned so far?

On my Profile page it says 498, so far

GraveRobberX

I've gained 12 stars already waiting for a chance to play Revnant lol

4 games either been 3rd to 5th pick, I already fucking know when I'm #1 to pick some dickhead will dodge

So far every draft I've joined has gone to game...

Fake Edit: Just as I say this!, first draft dodge fucking lawl

MaKTaiL

Just tried out Revenant on a Solo Game. Jesus! This guy is gonna be my new main. Definitely. I just hope I can get to play him on a real match :/

GraveRobberX

YAY!

Got 1st Draft pick!, almost lost it to Draft #4 bitching why they couldn't pick him, like first day Hero release, your not #1 or #2, hell #3, 99.999999999% chance there getting picked

Tried out Revnant, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
Fucking Lethal!

20-0-10 against Bots in under 20 minutes

That OMPH of that gun and LAWD @ that Reload animation + sound

Oh Reddit and the community is gonna bitch like no tomorrow to NERF! Just like Morigesh

Something about him feels like there's weight to him, feels Heavy
Which is good thing! The vibration on my controller was just giving amazing feedback

As an ADC, Jesus like in the top tier ADC's who rock say Murdock or Twin, this fucking kit of Revnants is insane
Give him a support of Dekker or Narbash, RIP in Pieces

Trying out Critics build

First putting quick early cards such as Madstone Gem and 2 Windcarvers to get damage and speed output
Then start putting Damage Heavy cards with a little lifesteal in Mid, then replacing early cards with Micro Nukes late game
So far highest crit I've gotten at 33CXP was 889

Co-Op games finishing hella quick, no way to see what a 60CXP Revnant will be, wish the gave us that option as a mode to just try out
Solo is kinda pointless cause you have to trudge through the whole game with bots and no rewards
Rather have a tutorial style map and let us set parameters on how much CXP to start with and how many waves of minions + Hero Bots

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Just tried him and man he is a ton of fun! It was only against bots, but still had a blast. His kit is just pure death especially when you use his ult, mark them, and blast them with Q. Really fun guy that I hope they don't destroy too much with the nerf hammer. Also, I think he's going to have the only deck I use Stinger Boost with.

hurzelein

Hm honestly I don't even feel like he is too op. I imagined he would be even stronger seeing how they always buff new heroes to make them attractive.
A few adjustements next week and he will be pretty in line with the rest.

He is a strong 1v1 dueller that also is a very good carry. Haven't played him myself though (just a game vs bots), but had 6 games today with Revenants on both teams and I never felt like he dominates the game. But sure he is new.

He works pretty well with Muriel.

But wtf. Epic give us an option to reduce or disable the controller vibration. Playing with Revenant on Ps4 is ridiculous, it vibrates even when you reload, so pretty much constantly.
Disabled it completely in the Ps4 menu after that experience, and wow it feels so much better to play. I like the vibration when you are low health and when a new game is about to start. But tone it done during the game please.

Mindlog

Early math says Power, Crit, and Basic Pen to taste in that order for Old Hunter Rev. Attack Speed doesn't do much for him.

Espada

5 Draft dodges in a goddamn row because pissy people won't play if they don't get their way. Jesus Christ, the penalty needs to be a 24hour ban because this is ridiculous.

Eggbok

Revenant makes me want a western esque TwinBlast skin.
Something like this with a long trench coat and the sleeves rolled back so they don't interfere with his transformations.

westworld-gunslinger-farowest-assassin-hat-human-fantasy-bea.jpg

5 Draft dodges in a goddamn row because pissy people won't play if they don't get their way. Jesus Christ, the penalty needs to be a 24hour ban because this is ridiculous.

While I agreeI disagree with it being that severe, it sucks at the same time. I've played matches with my fiance and there have a been a few times where he doesn't fully connect to the lobby and the draft will end.
Then we have to wait the amount of time to play the next match when he didn't even do anything wrong.

Dodge penalties are a hard one to get just right because there are situations where a connectuon issue causes them and too harsh on that is a bit much.

Espada

I see where you're coming from, but I just wanted to play 2-3 games before heading off and couldn't because of the behavior of some players. Maybe the draft dodgers can be shunted into groups of other draft dodgers for a day while others that aren't doing it can actually play the game.

GraveRobberX

Dodge penalties are a hard one to get just right because there are situations where a connectuon issue causes them and too harsh on that is a bit much.

Well you can use account usage as barometer
Game checks against account on how many times they dodge on a regular basis

More so on days of Hero release
Let those fuckers feel the pain of dodging from the old Heroes released

I mean even in co-op you ruin 4 people's opportunity, especially first picker
They have to go get a new lobby and maybe lose there spot in the process

It becomes a vicious cycle of Fuck You, I had #1 pick and someone dodged, now I'm pick #5, fuck that, eat penalty, repeat

What they need to do with if "Ban" if it's to much due to people's connection on day release of Hero, Ban 10, 20, 30 minutes, hour the longest. Fine go ahead and dodge, then for next 3 games you'll be last pick, do it again 5 extra games tacked on, repeat till that fucker has last pick until next Hero release.

So you'll eat penalty time but you won't get to pick until you fucking learn on how drafting fucking works!

Mindlog

Bought my first skin ever. Needed that Bloodborne Revenant.
Why crit and basic pen?

I almost feel like the 1.4 scaling on his Obliterate would lead toward pure ability pen and power.
Probably has something to do with his basic being very fast and scaling well with a fixed AS.

Sylphin went in depth. Trying to calculate the DPS is pretty tricky with this character. Building Pen for Obliterate is very expensive to his other abilities and basic. While not the end-all-be-all there's a lot of sound reasoning and work to back that up. Learned a lot about the character.

Top Bottom