• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper told me to drop dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikos

Updates to this thread are more hype than a new PaRappa game being announced. I wouldn't support anything this guy is involved with anyway, PaRappa is ruined for me.

Anyway, if this guy can't afford to pay you the $100 owed, he can't afford to take you to court. He doesn't have a case anyway.

L Thammy

Hope that Dred actually goes through with this so that this finally gets resolved. Maybe US law is different than Canadian law, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't count as slander when you can prove that it's true.

Updates to this thread are more hype than a new PaRappa game being announced. I wouldn't support anything this guy is involved with anyway, PaRappa is ruined for me..

Camjo mentioned that he likes to keep the artist separate from his work. I think that's a healthy perspective.

SaikyoBro

Actually going to court and watching him embarrass himself in front of Judge Judy or whatever sounds hilarious in my head, and I would honestly consider it, but the truth is you can't count on this man for shit.

Just looking through the first part of the blog again shows so many things he said he would do and didn't come through with. Recording the lines and refunding the money obviously never happened, but beyond that he said he'd clear his name on YouTube, write a rap to destroy our "minuscule blog", recording a PaRappa album (as if Sony would ever let that happen), and his initial lawsuit threat back in March. For the love of God, if this guy can't put together $100 after 2 years then I would say the odds of Cameron and I being taken to court are probably less than 1%.

I dunno dude, sometimes I think about how he's dirt poor and has a daughter and I feel guilty for helping make this situation public, but when he continues to come do stupid shit like this he makes it very hard.

Astarte

This whole situation ruins the Parappa games for me since i now know the actor is a joke.

Even though he's a joke, I'm sure that he's replaceable. I'm not going to discount PaRappa just because his VA is a pretty bad person. If I did stuff like that, I'd hate Lucky Star and Haruhi forever.

Actually going to court and watching him embarrass himself in front of Judge Judy or whatever sounds hilarious in my head, and I would honestly consider it, but the truth is you can't count on this man for shit.

Just looking through the first part of the blog again shows so many things he said he would do and didn't come through with. Recording the lines and refunding the money obviously never happened, but beyond that he said he'd clear his name on YouTube, write a rap to destroy our "minuscule blog", recording a PaRappa album (as if Sony would ever let that happen), and his initial lawsuit threat back in March. For the love of God, if this guy can't put together $100 after 2 years then I would say the odds of Cameron and I being taken to court are probably less than 1%.

I dunno dude, sometimes I think about how he's dirt poor and has a daughter and I feel guilty for helping make this situation public, but when he continues to come do stupid shit like this he makes it very hard.

That's exactly why he's suing, if you think about it.

Even though he's a joke, I'm sure that he's replaceable. I'm not going to discount PaRappa just because his VA is a pretty bad person. If I did stuff like that, I'd hate Lucky Star and Haruhi forever.

Yeah, i'm not sure if he realizes it but he's basically putting Sony in a position where they can't recast him if they ever do make a new Parappa.

Oddduck

Did many sites even report about this back when this thread was first created?

Because this story is one of those things that just never ends. This story shows no signs of disappearing.

pantsmith

They probably turned him down for the new Parappa game because of all the negative publicity, and this is just him lashing out.
Good! We should be getting a new UmJammer Lammy instead

Absolutely pathetic- keeping his mouth shut would have saved him a great deal of embarrassment.

Skele7on

Banned
God damn, I just spent the last hour reading the entire ordeal.

JEEEESUS, seriously, if he was the 500 million fans deep guy he said he was with so many contracts and bank that he says he is, why is he so uptight about giving someone a 100 dollars back?

I mean seriously, I would assume Sony and all other agencies wouldn't want to use him as a voice actor, as seriously, do you think sony gave him the money upfront? no, they didn't they waited till he had finished then he would send through the invoice and then he would be paid.

He is an absolute joke and disgrace.

Really sorry that you guys were fans of his then had the misfortune to deal with what is quite frankly BS.

Fuck that dude, and if he is in another game, fuck that game, I aint buying.

Did he ever release that album? probably not..

Sad thing is it still says he works for Sony....

Omega

Banned
the gift that keeps on giving.

i saw Camjo post in another thread and wondered if there were any updates on this situation.

RyanBankz

Neo Member
I wake up, make some coffee, sit on the couch. Take a shower, throw some clothes on. Check my phone.

983c610948013ce6d99818f9490aa880.png

The only words that clearly come to mind are "not this shit again".

Oh wow.... The thread that never stops giving.

Here we go again!

Brofield

For some reason this just reminds me of that Crazy Days & Nights blog.

All the same, I'm terribly interested in the outcome despite it's little/no effect on my life/outlook/wellbeing.

Dred is just a walking trainwreck, and I'm a terrible person for wanting to see this really explode in his face

Did many sites even report about this back when this thread was first created?

Because this story is one of those things that just never ends. This story shows no signs of disappearing.

Unfortunately no.

I believe Camjo (correct me if I'm wrong) made Jason @ Kotaku aware, but unfortunately they never did a story on it.

They need to.

This dickwad needs to be exposed on a more wide-spread level.

Discomurf

OK so the guys an asshole -- move on. It's $100, good luck suing someone for that.

If I had $100 for every time someone ripped me off $100 I'd have thousands. It sucks, but live and learn.

Just my 2 cents on this whole silly thing.

SaikyoBro

OK so the guys an asshole -- move on. It's $100, good luck suing someone for that.

If I had $100 for every time someone ripped me off $100 I'd have thousands. It sucks, but live and learn.

It's not about losing $100 anymore, it's about the asshole in question going missing for months at a time then returning and saying he's going to sue us when he's the one at fault and it's hard to argue otherwise. We wouldn't have to keep coming back and talking about it if he didn't keep making stupid decisions at our expense.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

What? Dred is suing the kid he stole money from.

EDIT: Is threatening to sue**

This guy is COMPLETELY deluded and I legitimately feel bad for him. Seriously. As bad for him as I feel, my anger at him still tops that 10 fold.

You know what makes me the most upset abouy his whole ordeal? Some of his IDIOT followers

Ludist210

Now this keeps getting stranger, but he has no legal ground to stand on.

He made a contract with you via Facebook, which is an accepted way to make an agreement. You wired him money. He didn't fulfill his end of the contract in a timely fashion. He owes you that money, and if you wanted to countersue, he should owe you some interest.

So he can threaten a lawsuit for slander, but he's been running your names into the dirt throughout this ordeal when you haven't done anything wrong. And really, since it's a written statement, it's libel, not slander. Seems he took his law classes around the same time he took his biology classes...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The VA is a person pretty prone to scandals (the sleeping around kind...most notably every member of her band minus the bassist); not someone that I'd want to attach to Konata.

How is a woman sleeping around with her band members a "scandal"?

Discomurf

It's not about losing $100 anymore, it's about the asshole in question going missing for months at a time then returning and saying he's going to sue us when he's the one at fault and it's hard to argue otherwise. We wouldn't have to keep coming back and talking about it if he didn't keep making stupid decisions at our expense.

Tell him to go ahead and send the papers - trust me, it will never happen. No lawyer would bother with this over $100, plus the guy is clearly broke and probably couldn't afford to pay anyone to do so anyway. He's just doing it for attention, its kinda sad actually.

vypek

How is a woman sleeping around with her band members a "scandal"?

I think the Japanese VA was an "idol" in Japan and they typically have to keep a certain image. I think her sleeping around is a scandal because she can't been seen as "pristine." Not too sure. Im not an expert in Japanese culture and I barely read stuff about her. Cant even remember her name but I think her poularity dropped pretty hard.

Edit: Aya Hirano was the VA I think.

Derp

Read the entire blog. I was clenching my fist the entire time.

All I can say is... Holy shit. I've never been so lost for words. How the hell... What the hell... What the fffff....

My brain is simply unable to comprehend WHY he ACTUALLY has a fan base after this. The fact that people literally came to his defence makes me sick.

What kind of mental state do you have to be in (remembering who this guy actually is) to decide to do this to someone (two dedicated fans for fucks sake).

That's just fucked. I'm sorry but there's no other word for it.

This stuff makes me so mad... I don't know how on earth you managed to stay composed. You deserve way more than your $100 back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom