• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper told me to drop dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camjo-Z

this is getting sad lol.. i honestly thought in the month of April he would've paid up or at least made another promise of paying up

IIRC he made another promise to Jacob a while ago but again hasn't followed through with it. I don't have a screencap so I didn't include it in the blog, but if I catch him on Skype I'll ask for one.

Gamerloid

Sup Jacob! Sad that this is the reason you're here though. This is such a bizarre problem. The guy doesn't seem right in the head.

Alec

If you losing that $100 is what eventually led you to GAF, I think that can be considered $100 well spent.

You should totally still get it back though.

SaikyoBro

If you losing that $100 is what eventually led you to GAF, I think that can be considered $100 well spent.

You should totally still get it back though.

Nah I signed up a little while before this thread began, surprised to see it still going the day I finally got unpended lol

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Oh, fantastic! There's another chapter in this amazing saga! I'll just open up this thread and--

Oh, what? Dammit. C'mon, man...

Camjo-Z

Is there any update on the situation?

I haven't been able to contact him, and at this point I feel as though it's not really worth pursuing further. Taking him to court would still be a major hassle for me and his reputation has already taken the hit it rightfully deserves (it's quite telling when the first page of Google results for "Dred Foxx" has more articles about him being a scammer than about him being PaRappa), so I've just decided to let it go. I did get this amusing comment on the blog about a month ago though:

Leslie Ann Hale said:
Get ur loot, it's obvious he's not gonna pay unless he's forced to. Take his rat ass to court. I didn't even know who he was, until my 10 yr old asked me if I know about him. Apparently he's telling kids he's a big time rapper and when I looked him up, I came across this situation. I see this man everyday and I'm gonna say something.

I like to imagine him standing outside of a playground fence and regaling children with his tales of his huge success, only to be accosted by an angry mother flailing her purse in his direction.

DOWN

Banned
This is like when you find out your childhood hero is a raging drunk. Or is that exactly what this is?

Martin O'Donnell v. Bungie war flashbacks

MrBadger

He could be a major success rapper. He just has to beliiiiieve!

Also I can hardly blame you for letting it go. This thread was worth way more than $100 and googling his name now brings up all the stuff that spawned from it. It's kind of sad for him that he's going round telling kids stories of his success and they're just going to google his name and see all of this.

Reallink

This is like when you find out your childhood hero is a raging drunk. Or is that exactly what this is?

Martin O'Donnell v. Bungie war flashbacks

Didn't follow the Marty saga past the headlines. I take your comment to mean there were leaks about why he was really fired--presumably antics? Care to fill us in?

Yoroshiku

Banned
That's the reason why you bumped this thread? lol.

Well, yes. I thought about checking out this thread again every other week or so, so when I finally checked it out today and saw nobody had posted in here for 3 months I just wanted to find out if there were any new developments.

I haven't been able to contact him, and at this point I feel as though it's not really worth pursuing further. Taking him to court would still be a major hassle for me and his reputation has already taken the hit it rightfully deserves (it's quite telling when the first page of Google results for "Dred Foxx" has more articles about him being a scammer than about him being PaRappa), so I've just decided to let it go. I did get this amusing comment on the blog about a month ago though:

I like to imagine him standing outside of a playground fence and regaling children with his tales of his huge success, only to be accosted by an angry mother flailing her purse in his direction.

Thanks for the update. It's a good thing I never played PaRappa when I was growing up. Now I just have to hope Charles Martinet doesn't do something along the lines of going into retirement homes to push over old people and I'm good.

DOWN

Banned
Didn't follow the Marty saga past the headlines. I take your comment to mean there were leaks about why he was really fired--presumably antics? Care to fill us in?

No, just meant the controversy was unexpected and the lawsuit conflicting with the PR was making it seem rather unfriendly and like a much rougher way to part than you'd hope. With his work on Destiny having been done when the board fired him and all and then him suing them while they said things are friendly. Just meant its an unexpected ugly ending for something associated with beloved nostalgia.

SaikyoBro

I wake up, make some coffee, sit on the couch. Take a shower, throw some clothes on. Check my phone.

983c610948013ce6d99818f9490aa880.png

The only words that clearly come to mind are "not this shit again".

I wake up, make some coffee, sit on the couch. Take a shower, throw some clothes on. Check my phone.

So clearly stealing from his fans caught up with him and now no one wants to hire this ass?

hes been anything but professional during all this hopefully this has put an end to his professional career

or maybe hes just enjoying the attention and wants more of it

Sakujou

Banned
So why cant Sony sue Dead Fox for misusing the name "Parappa" and making money off their IP??

because that guy is a shady dude who is barely getting some money at all.

dreaming of more than 1000 fans is all he has. is less worth than a youtube-celebrity.

sad but fucking over a fan for some dollars is just the worst. especially if he hasnt done that much. this is pretty much bringing down his credibility.

SaikyoBro

In all honesty "I'm gonna sue you", "I'm not gonna sue you anymore, I'll have your money in a week", *goes missing for 4 months*, "Sorry man, I gotta sue you" is one of the absolute scummiest and most foolish things he's done since this whole situation started. This is one of the first times I've been genuinely pissed off at this guy instead of just laughing at his stupidity.

Part of me wants to get some steam behind this and try to get people's attention with it again but I don't really think that's possible. I think I might try to bait some more stupid responses out of him for a little bit and then drop it, the stress is not worth it anymore.

Zubz

Banned
So clearly stealing from his fans caught up with him and now no one wants to hire this ass?

hes been anything but professional during all this hopefully this has put an end to his professional career

or maybe hes just enjoying the attention and wants more of it

My guess is both of those, plus him needing money, probably. Honestly, I feel bad for him that he's in this state, but it's his fault he's there, and I feel OP is owed the $100. I can't see this ending well for Dredd.

Zaku

If his lawsuit is real and not a idiot spewing nonsense, you should definitely counter-sue.

"Sorry man, gotta cover my costs."

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I was watching the playstation plus trailer for September, saw PaRappa during the Playstation All-Stars segment and thought "what happened to that scandal?" And behold, the thread is on the first page. Absolutely magical.

Chopper

Dunno what is guy is thinking.

There is evidence all over the place that is gonna make it a complete nightmare for him to win anything. He can barely string a sentence together anyway!

Oh No... not again.
This whole situation ruins the Parappa games for me since i now know the actor is a joke.
It kinda does for me too. But i'll still play them. If they have a new Parappa for PS4 don't bring Dred onboard,get someone else.This guy is really scummy.

Skele7on

Banned
Having read this and looking at his facebook page I can say this.

The dude is a broke ass guy living on his former 15 minutes of fame, now he's probably sitting at home waiting for a call from sony, like he has been doing since 1999.

What an absolute joke.

Hollycat

If you're going to do it Mr. Fox, just do it.

He'll lose and look like an asshole.
At this point I think he's just wanting more clicks out of this whole thing.

I'm actually kinda happy this is continuing just because I want to see a real resolution on this matter. Foxx is as morally bankrupt as he is literally it seems. I agree, counter sue him if he's foolish enough to honestly pursue this. Please, keep us all updated.

Camjo-Z

I'm actually kinda happy this is continuing just because I want to see a real resolution on this matter. Foxx is as morally bankrupt as he is literally it seems. I agree, counter sue him if he's foolish enough to honestly pursue this. Please, keep us all updated.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. He'll probably just keep flapping his gums and not actually do anything like last time.

If you're going to do it Mr. Fox, just do it.

He'll lose and look like an asshole.
At this point I think he's just wanting more clicks out of this whole thing.

Having read this and looking at his facebook page I can say this.

The dude is a broke ass guy living on his former 15 minutes of fame, now he's probably sitting at home waiting for a call from sony, like he has been doing since 1999.

What an absolute joke.

15 minutes of fame as an OVA for a niche game series that was a cult classic.

He's been holding that over people for years.

Sony's not gonna call man. Give it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom