• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S7 |OT| Farewell Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

1276.gif
Baba Booey

SNORK
JUICE

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
People shitting on Ben / Adam Scott?

now ive seen everything. anyway, cant wait for this, its 2 episodes per week you say? im very ok with that

big ander

Will they acknowledge the documentary crew?
Schur has stated several times that there isn't actually a documentary crew in Parks. It's merely a stylistic choice made so they could construct and pace the show the way they prefer.

It would be like a multi cam making the fact that every room in their universe has three walls a textual part of the show

Although I'm sad that it's ending, it is absolutely the right time to end the show. I only hope that they've managed to create an amazing last season like 30 Rock did.

Ledbetter

Never watched Party Down, I think I can watch the 2 seasons before Parks and Recreation begins. Is the show any good?

How was the last season? They did a time jump right?

Yes, I think they jump 3 years. I really enjoyed last season. Some people say that there is some decrement in quality since season 3, and while I kinda agree, the show still holds up.

VanWinkle

Bittersweet moment for me, but I think its probably a good thing its ending before it got TOO bad. I still liked season 5 and 6 even if I could tell they weren't nearly as good as 2 and 3. With The Office, I literally hated season 6, 8, and 9.

Chris and Ben were the absolute best. I love the entire cast to death, but the chemistry between Rob Lowe and Adam Scott was amazing.

I really think that Parks and Rec has done nothing but improve for the last 6 seasons and I can't wait to see them pull out all the stops. Phish cameo Harris! Phish cameo!!!

Sorry...maybe that's a bit too "inside", but one of the head writers/EP Harris Wittles is a huge Phish head (there have been numerous subtle Phish references throughout the series), who co-hosts a podcast called Analyze Phish with Scott Auckerman, and yeah, I think it would be a huge dream come true for him (and me :) ) to get Phish (or even just one band member) on Season 7 of P&R.

Gobias

Banned
I really think that Parks and Rec has done nothing but improve for the last 6 seasons and I can't wait to see them pull out all the stops. Phish cameo Harris! Phish cameo!!!

Sorry...maybe that's a bit too "inside", but one of the head writers/EP Harris Wittles is a huge Phish head (there have been numerous subtle Phish references throughout the series), who co-hosts a podcast called Analyze Phish with Scott Auckerman, and yeah, I think it would be a huge dream come true for him (and me :) ) to get Phish (or even just one band member) on Season 7 of P&R.

Not until Bono or Thedge comes on first.

Entropy912

Neo Member
I didn't realize it was the final season until I saw this thread, what a bummer. Hopefully they will go all out with the cameos. I read somewhere the producers dream was to have Bill Murray on as like the mayor of Pawnee.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I didn't realize it was the final season until I saw this thread, what a bummer. Hopefully they will go all out with the cameos. I read somewhere the producers dream was to have Bill Murray on as like the mayor of Pawnee.

That would be brilliant

Just caught up tonight, watched on Netflix over the last year or so. I'd often fall in to a binge and then stop for a bit only to binge again. Overall I'd probably say 3=4>2>6>5>1. It feels like they're choosing the perfect time to end it.

Tuck

Wasn't entirely happy with the whole recall plot, but they turned it around in the end and the last season was solidly funny overall. So yeah, I'm in.

Even at its lowest points, seasons 2-6 are miles ahead of the shit that was season 1.

brinstar

He was a romantic interest for Leslie and Ann at one point, and he was also a foil to pretty much every character on the show.

I don't think he'd fit into the extremely exaggerated version of Parks today, but I thought he had his place. He played really well off Ron and Tom, imo.

jstripes

Banned
He was a romantic interest for Leslie and Ann at one point, and he was also a foil to pretty much every character on the show.

I don't think he'd fit into the extremely exaggerated version of Parks today, but I thought he had his place. He played really well off Ron and Tom, imo.

He was a Mary Sue.

Brinbe

By far my fave show on television. I'm gonna be sad to see it go. Can't wait for this season to begin, I love the future-premise.

Choomp

Banned
Will they acknowledge the documentary crew?

Eh... Probably not? There never was really any reference to it if I remember. Also that part of The Office sucked,
especially the Brian guy and where Jim and Pam's relationship went with that

Anyway, I'm hyped. I don't like when seasons try to focus on a short period of time, but this is longer than a week leading up to a wedding.

5,000 candles in the wind yo

moreno-crying-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom