• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S7 |OT| Farewell Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, yes. Mr. Zero Personality Zero Flaws, who all the girls love.

What was the reasoning behind that character again?

Mark was there to be the show's Jim back in season 1 when the show was just a rural version of The Office. When the show found it's groove in season 2, Mark became obsolete.

I'm not so sure we can count of a cameo from him.

“That experience was very strange for me,” he told ScreenCrush on Tuesday. “You know, I signed up for a specific character that was changed in mid-season. And it became a character with a lot less to do. And, all of a sudden, I was kind of confused and kind of having a lot less to do.”
That too ambiguous for you? Try this on for size: “I’m not interested in going back,” Schneider continued. “I’ve never been contacted about that nor have I any interest in going back

tumblr_mc3hg5VpQP1qcy0p7o1_500.gif

spookyfish

I just watched the first 4 seasons of this (instead of studying) and it's amazing!
Except for Ben, every character is just a joy to watch, especially April. And hen Leslie won the election I actually teared up.
Great show. I'll be joining you soon.

Funny. I enjoyed it for Adam Scott and Rob Lowe, mostly. Andy and April are awesome. Ron = ManGod. Leslie is super annoying.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Funny. I enjoyed it for Adam Scott and Rob Lowe, mostly. Andy and April are awesome. Ron = ManGod. Leslie is super annoying.

Blasphemous.

Not really related but I find Adam Scott extremely attractive. Like number one on my celebrity list

Hatchtag

Banned
He was a romantic interest for Leslie and Ann at one point, and he was also a foil to pretty much every character on the show.

I don't think he'd fit into the extremely exaggerated version of Parks today, but I thought he had his place. He played really well off Ron and Tom, imo.

He was a bit of a boring straight man. He didn't have a major flaw like Ann (her terrible reactions to relationship issues) or Ben (nerdiness and having been a major fuck up as a teen mayor) did.

I kinda wonder if they'll establish that this and The Office take place in the same universe. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Dunder Mifflin or Sabre pop up in the background.

I just got done watching all the season on Netflix. The show is great. Season 1, Leslie was definitely more of a ditz. I was pleased to see they went more away from that. And Ron Swanson is the GOAT.

I wasn't sure if I liked the whole Andy/April marriage storyline at first, but got used to it and I think they made it work. Though I kinda wanted Andy and Anne to get back together for a while. What I don't understand is how someone so completely scummy like Jamm can be elected as a councilman, and Leslie gets recalled. I understand alot of people are stupid, but I think that was bordering on a bit too unrealistic. But, I guess its the irony that Leslie thinks Pawnee is the greatest city in America, when they keep proving that they are actually the worst.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I just got done watching all the season on Netflix. The show is great. Season 1, Leslie was definitely more of a ditz. I was pleased to see they went more away from that. And Ron Swanson is the GOAT.

I wasn't sure if I liked the whole Andy/April marriage storyline at first, but got used to it and I think they made it work. Though I kinda wanted Andy and Anne to get back together for a while. What I don't understand is how someone so completely scummy like Jamm can be elected as a councilman, and Leslie gets recalled. I understand alot of people are stupid, but I think that was bordering on a bit too unrealistic. But, I guess its the irony that Leslie thinks Pawnee is the greatest city in America, when they keep proving that they are actually the worst.

Seems pretty realistic to me.

Double episode season premiere tonight:

Leslie competes with a tech company for a large parcel of land, which she wants to turn into a national park; Andy and April try to recapture their spontaneity; Ben is spotted at a gala where Tom is giving a speech in his honor.
Ron and Jammy

Leslie and Ron set their differences aside to help Jeremy Jamm get away from Tammy 2; Ben promises to help April find passion in her life; Andy and Tom go to Chicago.

Aiii

So not worth it
No matter how this season goes, I'm gonna miss the fuck out of all of these characters when they're gone.

- Sepinwall's review
Is "Parks" what it was back in the days of "Flu Season," "Harvest Festival" and "April and Andy's Fancy Party" — when it was on as extended a hot streak as any sitcom has ever been lucky and good enough to pull off? No. But nor is it a pale shadow of its former self in the way that, say, sister show "The Office" was at many points in its final seasons. The actors are still marvelous, the command of tone still impeccable, and the sense of humor still sharp and silly enough to get by.

Early in the season premiere, Leslie confronts an old enemy and surprisingly decides to thank her, because, "You did and said exactly what I thought you were going to do and say. And that's oddly comforting."

There is nothing odd about the comfort "Parks and Rec" still provides, even in old age, even if it's only for a few more weeks.

brinstar

I got a 46. There's some surprisingly hard questions. The one about who knew about Duke Silver first felt like a trick question because you can make a case for April or Mark.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Dappointed with myself tbh

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I got 29. I'm Chris Pratt. Sadly half of the ones I got wrong I knew I got wrong and was unsure before I clicked. Had I gone with my first instinct I'd have a much higher score.

So many trick questions too. I even misread a few. Like the fruit roll up one. And I swear Tom has said cheese pillows before. Am I wrong? Where have I heard that one?

brinstar

I'm guessing the fruit roll-up joke is from season 1 because I have no recollection of it, I just took a wild guess there.

E the Shaggy

Thank God. S2 was awful with the way him and Anne's relationship developed entirely off-screen. But in the shows defense, the actor didn't seem to have chemistry with anyone on the show.

I always thought the Anne/Tom relationship was far and away the worst part of the show, and I'm even taking season 1 into consideration!

ZeroX03

Banned
I always thought the Anne/Tom relationship was far and away the worst part of the show, and I'm even taking season 1 into consideration!

That relationship was always just played as a C-Plot for jokes though. Everyone knew it was a go nowhere endeavor.

Chris and Anne was stretched out too long for my liking.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The fruit rollup joke is said by Tom, and it's in the pilot episode. That's why I didn't recognize it, cause I don't watch S1 very often.
Really? Then I am rusty. I SWEAR it was said by Ben in the episode where him and Leslie get drunk and are walking down that road last season.

I really need to marathon again. Once the show ends I need to do a farewell marathon like I did with The Office... twice.

Bacon

Really? Then I am rusty. I SWEAR it was said by Ben in the episode where him and Leslie get drunk and are walking down that road last season.

I really need to marathon again. Once the show ends I need to do a farewell marathon like I did with The Office... twice.

I've probably rewatched the office 4 or 5 times at this point. The first 5 or so seasons hold up so well on a rewatch.

Hatchtag

Banned
I've probably rewatched the office 4 or 5 times at this point. The first 5 or so seasons hold up so well on a rewatch.

I've been rewatching it and am surprised I haven't gotten to a point where I disliked it yet. There was a point where jokes started to miss more often (the clip show episode with Toby), but I'm partially through season 8 and don't hate it yet. But I think it wasn't until a little later through season 8, when they stopped having ideas for Andy and Robert California, that I started to really dislike it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah. I think The Office is second only to Community (Seasons 1-4, less of 5 which I've only rewatched once so far.) at this point.

I've been rewatching it and am surprised I haven't gotten to a point where I disliked it yet. There was a point where jokes started to miss more often (the clip show episode with Toby), but I'm partially through season 8 and don't hate it yet. But I think it wasn't until a little later through season 8, when they stopped having ideas for Andy and Robert California, that I started to really dislike it.
I loved California. I was sad he was only one season. He was my favorite. He should have stuck around and been the manager instead of temporary CEO. I was sad they dropped Jo too. I loved her character too. It should have been California as manager and Jo as CEO. Andy is fine and all but he didn't have to be manager.

Also, I was #TeamDarryl before season 8 started. Was kind of sad he didn't get the job. He'd have been better than Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom