• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Particular (scenes from) games you'd be embarrassed to show to others?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't get embarassed easily, but I'm still glad to have a dedicated room for gaming on the second floor.

PnCIa

Brak said:
SNAKE! SNAAAKE! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

So fucking embarassing...
I always lower the volume when that part is about to come up :lol
Also, when you´re playing Postal 2 the "funny" way you don´t want anyone to be around.

Slacker

Like many, the FFX HA HA HA scene immediately sprung to mind when I saw the thread title. I think that's the all time crowning achievement in embarassing gaming. Random others:

- The whose-boobs-are-bigger scene in FFX-2. Heck, a lot of FFX-2 in general.
- Most if not all of the overacting in Heavenly Sword. Especially Whiptail. And Kai. And Flying Fox. Ok, everyone except Nariko.

Keio

For a Finer World
The older I get, the more I fear getting caught in front of the telly grinning stupidly at pixel bosoms.

In Mass Effect, I was already dreading the romance scene.

It's interesting that watching a movie or tv-series with explicit scenes doesn't make me feel embarrassed, but games usually manage to treat romance in a puerile fashion.

To give credit to Mass Effect, when Liarra finally walked into my Shepard's cabin, the whole sequence was well designed.

zoukka

Brak said:
SNAKE! SNAAAKE! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

So fucking embarassing...

No.

It would be if there were a hint of overacting in any of the screams but every one is really well acted. And it`s a difficult scene to voice-act ;)

I love those original MGS Game Over screens!

pr0cs

pretty much all jRPG games that have "a story".
actually a lot of Japanese games are pretty embarrassing if you're an adult surrounded by non-gamers.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Keio said:
The older I get, the more I fear getting caught in front of the telly grinning stupidly at pixel bosoms.
Really? It's the opposite for me, the older I get the less I care what others will think about my actions.

[Nintex]

Killer 7, "Why is that black guy shooting himself?" "I've no idea..." oh and the wheelchair sex.

XboxLive without headset or mute. I forgot to turn down the volume when playing COD4 online. Between all the gunfire "Fuck your mothers asshole stupid european fag, damn *******"

Rezbit

Oh man, definitely We Love Katamari. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a level where you were rolling up cities and crap, but I was caught on the level where you roll up flowers, and that really quaint French sounding song is playing. My Mom just looked at me like "What the hell is this..." :lol

zoukka

Rezbit said:
Oh man, definitely We Love Katamari. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a level where you were rolling up cities and crap, but I was caught on the level where you roll up flowers, and that really quaint French sounding song is playing. My Mom just looked at me like "What the hell is this..." :lol

:lol

Those are the very moments when a man`s manhood is stripped to bare. Loved that level of course.

Keio

For a Finer World
Really? It's the opposite for me, the older I get the less I care what others will think about my actions.
I guess it's more about what I will think about my own actions when I see them reflected in other peoples bemused reactions. Other people are the most honest mirror etc.

PnCIa

Just watched the "HA HA HA" scene on youtube...now i´ve got even more reasons not to play FF games anymore :lol

acevans2

I'll have to second Soul Calibur IV.

My roommate's girlfriend is over ALL the time, and she's stupid about even mature uses of sex in the media (turns her nose up at me when I watch Nip/Tuck, like I'm a pervert or something).

If I play SCIV when it's released... hell, I wouldn't even blame her. :lol

acevans2

PnCIa said:
Just watched the "HA HA HA" scene on youtube...now i´ve got even more reasons not to play FF games anymore :lol
zkqykc.jpg

Like you've got room to judge?

f@luS said:
Snake and teh rocket jump (twin snakes)

That's a good choice. How about all the redone scenes in Twin Snakes while we're at it?

Except the hallway scene. Good lord, the hallway scene.

acevans2 said:
zkqykc.jpg

Like you've got room to judge?

EDIT: I don't know what kind of joke I was trying to crack, but I'm going to bed now :lol

ThePeter

There is nothing i hate more than a stupid fucking sibling that can't STFU.

I'M TRYING TO CRY TO THE ENDING OF MGS3 YOU STUPID BITCH GTFO.

The voices are still in me head.... help me.....

randomwab

I kind of felt embarrassed playing Crysis when my dad was watching. It was running at a really bad frame rate at the time, and I kept saying "It doesn't always run this bad...it's just....it's just bad right now". I don't think he really cared but I felt I had to justify why I was playing a pretty looking slideshow.

Gagaman

I remember a cousin and his mate at my house once and I was playing Rayman 2 for the first time as they just sat behind me watching. For some reason the cut scenes were pretty embarrassing (and unskipable). Maybe it was the voice work that did it.

I also remember the first time I plaved Dead or Alive 2, and my sister was in the room. The moment Tina first showed up on screen, I remember her saying "oh my god!" in disgust. :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Grand Theft Auto series, I want people to think I have some semblance of taste...

j/k (since I know some of the mods love the series) but I am not really embarassed to show games to others, the people who I show games to usually enjoy games and can get over stuff like shitty voice acting or corny one liners or overly large breasted female characters.

Srider

Banned
I think a long time ago, I used to get excited at nice CG movies from games like the FF series and wanted to show friends + families.

Their generally apathetic attitude made me realize now that showing people your games is a pretty embarrassing act in itself.

Unless of course, you made it.

I played Gals Panic S on a projector at a video game convention this weekend and was pretty embarrassed when I got 100%. But I did a head turn to make sure no kids were looking, so I felt fine.

Plus, I was drunk. :D

Otacon's confession about his affair with his step-mother or whoever it was. I remember discretely skipping it when someone was watching me play through the game.

Mashing

This pretty much happens to me everytime I'm p laying an jrpg in front of someone who doesn't understand jrgp's. The dialog especially. I have no ploblem playing western RPGs in front of people though.

Tain said:
VF5's win quotes.

On the battlefield, you'd be dead.
DO YOU HEAR ME?

I'm the best that's ever been.

-- Wolf

(Dances like a douchebag.) I'm twice the man I used to be!

-- Lion

They're awesome, and I hope they never change.

Skiptastic said:
I played Gals Panic S on a projector at a video game convention this weekend and was pretty embarrassed when I got 100%. But I did a head turn to make sure no kids were looking, so I felt fine.

Plus, I was drunk. :D

I remember trying to get 100% with all girls,in an arcade machine, with some of my friends...few years ago,of course. (we were young,...testosterone.....lol)

It was embarrassing....,but fucking funny at the same time,each time we completed a stage another nerdy teen kid joined to the other kids looking at the scenes....

Most of my friends are gamers, and the ones that aren't are used to it by now, as is my family, so generally I don't worry too much about this stuff.

The only time I do is when I'm bringing a woman home, and frankly when I know I'm having a girl over I stuff my gaming stuff into a closet like it's a dead hooker.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Gryphter said:
I played ffx and I don't remember any weird ha ha ha scenes... let's check youtube.

Oh jesus christ!!!! lolololol. I must've blocked this from my memory!
:lol

for anyone else not in know, here it is, go to like 2:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU8-e-C4Uy0

I haven't tried a JRPG, on general principle, since FFVIII.

I SEE THEY GOT WAY BETTER AND NOW IT'S THE KIND OF THING A NORMAL PERSON ENJOYS.

Amir0x

Banned
Stinkles said:
I haven't tried a JRPG, on general principle, since FFVIII.

I SEE THEY GOT WAY BETTER AND NOW IT'S THE KIND OF THING A NORMAL PERSON ENJOYS.

Modern classics on par with the best in human literature, these jRPGs.

Drewsy

Banned
Holy fucking shit at that Final Fantasy cutscene...and here I thought Ninja Gaiden's cutscenes were cheesy and embarrassing when someone else is in the room.

Roxas

Any scene with that fuck head Marumaru in Blue Dragon..i was even embarrassed for myself when he spoke.

Rezbit said:

My mom had psychic powers when it came to video games and bad timing when I was growing up; any SLIIIIIIGHTLY risque scene she'd blunder into my room for some little thing, like her blundering in on Tekken 2's intro when I fired it up for the first time and seeing the Nina part. I'm assuming she assumed it was some nebulous sex game she heard about on some talk show by her reaction. *shrug*

It extended to RPGs, too. I could never beat an RPG and sit thru the end credits in peace. I didn't see an ending in its entirety till I was out on my own 6 years ago. :lol

Top Bottom