• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pathfinder Adventures |OT| Decks, dice, and digital dungeons

Yeah. You can fail missions again and again, but you get to keep your assigned loot.

There's a perma-death option, but I ain't touching that one.

The card game had that, but to get stat increases and such, you had to complete the scenario and then move onto the next, which typically got harder and harder. What I mean is there a way in the digital version to keep playing the same scenarios/adventures to keep raising stats and such before moving on?

Ketch

You can rerun the same scenarios on harder difficulty, but I'm pretty sure that ups the checks too.

I guess if min maxing is the way to go Then you just move your heroes to a different location when you have an issue.

So what is the most optimal party setup then? Right now I only have rogue, cleric, fighter.... I figured that was a pretty good mix. I think next I will get the wizard.

SirKhalid

If we rerun a scenario with the same party and win, do we get 100 golds or if we do a new party a replay a scenario with that party, do we get 100 golds?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Game seems like a lot of fun, but I've got two beefs right now.

1) It may just be my phone, but I'm having the hardest time dragging characters down to my party setup. It either triggers the drop down menu on my phone or just does nothing.

2) The tutorial throws so much shit at you so quick. I really have no idea what's going on after finishing that game.

Qvoth

yeah i'm not sure why but cards i obtained during mission that i replaced with some other card in between stages just plain disappear
some cards just show up as a big ? in vault as well

1) It may just be my phone, but I'm having the hardest time dragging characters down to my party setup. It either triggers the drop down menu on my phone or just does nothing.

I read on the Obsidian forums that a work around is to try and drag the character up slightly and then drag them down. It's worked for me so far.

Ketch

yeah i'm not sure why but cards i obtained during mission that i replaced with some other card in between stages just plain disappear
some cards just show up as a big ? in vault as well

I haven't looked at the vault yet, but each character can only hold so many of each card, any cards that your characters aren't carrying at the end of a scenario go back to the vault and you won't be able to get them until they randomly come back up while exploring locations.

PittaGAF

Totally in love with the game on iPad as well.

Not the most informative tutorial imho (read the rules if you aren't familiar with the game, but after 3-4 games you will be at home) and there is a nasty problem that makes rolling the dice a bit wonky when you are low on health (you must try several times for the roll to register, a known problem apparently due to the low health blur effect) but when you get the hang of it...wow...it really shines.

I'm at work now and all I can think of is how to best configure the party for the quests ahead.

Highly recommended.

PittaGAF

My biggest problem is getting the dice roll swipe to register...

At first I thought I got something wrong in the rules...then I read it was a known issue, especially when you are low on health and there is that blur effect in the right bottom corner.

I usually put my whole hand on the screen and try for 2-3 times and then it works.
Annoying, but I'm sure they will solve that fast.

Everything else is really awesome.

zulux21

At first I thought I got something wrong in the rules...then I read it was a known issue, especially when you are low on health and there is that blur effect in the right bottom corner.

I usually put my whole hand on the screen and try for 2-3 times and then it works.
Annoying, but I'm sure they will solve that fast.

Everything else is really awesome.
I'm enjoying the app so far, but not enjoying customer service. As far as I can tell their entire customer service may be made up of a single person.

I'm still waiting for my daily gold to get resolved, meanwhile where I should have the gold to buy the 80% off scenario at this point, and be working towards a new character I have neither. Anyone know how long the one story part is 80% off, because it would suck to miss it due to buying daily gold at the wrong time.

I mean I can also keep playing a bit, I am up to 350 earned gold in game at this point which is half way there.

PittaGAF

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I think you have to pay the iap to collect the daily gold.
Gold is flowing tough just playing...but I think I'll reward them anyway and buy the full bundle.
Having a ton of fun already.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I read on the Obsidian forums that a work around is to try and drag the character up slightly and then drag them down. It's worked for me so far.

I'll hop over there and read up on things.

Does this game require an internet connection? Thinking of getting a new iPad and would love to have a few good board/card games on there for vacation in a few weeks.

Still working on beating the 3rd part of the first adventure. 6 characters is tough, but I much prefer the variety. Fighter sucks pretty hard though.

Sorcerer is probably the best so far, IMO.

zulux21

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I think you have to pay the iap to collect the daily gold.
Gold is flowing tough just playing...but I think I'll reward them anyway and buy the full bundle.
Having a ton of fun already.

you do indeed have to pay the IAP to collect daily gold, which I have bought, but can't get to activate in the game.

It's not a big deal as long as I don't miss out on the launch sale price on the single thing that is on sale gold wise.

at least the other half of the issue resolved itself because after I bought the daily gold everything went to costing -1 gold and couldn't actually be bought :p

I'll hop over there and read up on things.

Does this game require an internet connection? Thinking of getting a new iPad and would love to have a few good board/card games on there for vacation in a few weeks.

it does and it doesn't.
if you want to get gold to unlock stuff it does.
if you just buy the get everything pack and want to play it, it doesn't.

aka you can play in offline mode but you don't get gold rewards.

duckroll

Wow, thanks for making this thread. I didn't even know the game is available on phones. I thought it was tablet only. Played through the tutorial, seems solid. How do I give them all my money?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
A little reading on the official forums makes me realize that I'm going to hold off playing this for a bit. It works, but it's a bit of a cluster with all the bugs and shit related to purchasing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

adj_noun

Sometimes you get character specific dialogue moments. That's kinda neat.

First time I fought Black Fang, the dwarf found him and they had a conversation pre-fight.

Next time it was someone else, and it just went straight to the fight.

Still working on beating the 3rd part of the first adventure. 6 characters is tough, but I much prefer the variety. Fighter sucks pretty hard though.

Sorcerer is probably the best so far, IMO.

Seoni is one of my favorites. Free recharge of spells is awesome, and items later can help cover her lack of armor. Plus as long as she has a card if her hand she always has a pretty strong attack spell. When I've used her she's always relied heavily on Kyra to stay alive though.

I'm using the fighter for the first time and he did seem weaker than others. Being able to recharge weapons is nice, but even with that it still feels like he's outclassed by Amiri the barbarian when it comes to combat. The only thing he's got a real advantage over her on is a bonus to diplomacy on a weak charRunelords I'm not a huge fan of his aid ability either, or really any that require someone to be at the same location as something else. It's not useful until towards the very end of the scenario since it's best to keep as many locations covered to temporarily close if you run into the villain.

My favorite characters in Rise of the Runelords are Seoni, Amiri, Kyra and Lini. I love Lini's ability to add 1d4 (with up to a +4 bonus) if you can keep an animal in your hand, which is usually easy enough to do.

My biggest problem is getting the dice roll swipe to register...

Mine was accidentally rolling when trying to reveal a card against a villain. Thankfully no one ended up doing from it, but it was close.

PittaGAF

That moment when you are full of blessing and you roll ALL 1 against the black dragon, in the last open location, on last turn.

GLORIOUS.

Ketch

i've been there, and i've also seen the opposite. lots of "I gotta stand up to make this dice roll" moments.

adj_noun

Finally one shotted a mission! Eat it, fire goblins. :D

Then I got rolled by the seems-like-it-should-be-easy Ally mission. D:

Does quest mode work for anyone?

It freezes on loading.
Same on a friend of mine iPad.

It froze on loading for me on android.

Ketch

I haven't been able to get quest mode working either. kind of a bummer since i'm almost done with the 3rd adventure.

PittaGAF

Finally defeated Black Fang!!!
Earned enough in game money to buy Burnt Offerings campaign (currently discounted).

I see. That's kind of a bummer.

I started the game and can't figure out how or where to log in. When I click login (as opposed to continue and not earn gold) it does nothing. Any ideas?

Game is buggy. I do the same thing as you. I log in, the game says I'm logged in. Click play, repeat process all over again.

They have a thread about it. One workaround that didn't work for me was to remove your google account from your phone and readd it.

Qvoth

when i cleared the 1st adventure for the 1st time, i got a level up and chose to upgrade a skill, but how do you upgrade a power?
is it like choose 1 thing over the other? you can either upgrade a skill or a power and not both at the same time? because if so i think i'm fucked and will just reset my progress

Qvoth

can anybody clarify if levelling up powers and skills use the same point as when you clear an adventure for the 1st time?

zulux21

got a response back from support basically just tell me to do the thing that I have been doing all day and the thing all tech support says.

"turn it off and turn it on again" :p

at least they finally got back to me. and they did at least say they see it on their end.
hopefully I won't miss log in days because of this, or if I do if they will make it right.

when i cleared the 1st adventure for the 1st time, i got a level up and chose to upgrade a skill, but how do you upgrade a power?
is it like choose 1 thing over the other? you can either upgrade a skill or a power and not both at the same time? because if so i think i'm fucked and will just reset my progress

You never have a choice between upgrading a skill or a power, if you have an upgrade as a reward for finishing an adventure or scenario is always to specifically choose a skill, power, or card upgrade.

Ketch

can anybody clarify if levelling up powers and skills use the same point as when you clear an adventure for the 1st time?

I don't think you get the scenario or adventure bonuses for clearing them a second time, even on higher difficulty. You just get the gold and any cards you picked up during the adventure.

duckroll

Why is the game so damn hard! I've been trying to clear the initial campaign before I drop all my money on the season pass, but I can't even beat Brigadoom! Lol. First time I ran out of time, then after that my characters keep getting killed. Rolling 1s and 2s when you have 3 dice after discarding buffs really hurts! >_<

I'd been rolling through everything pretty well until I finally failed a scenario with Foul Misgivings in adventure 2, now I'm on my 4th try on that.

PittaGAF

I'm midway of the second scenario.
The more you play and more cards you unlock, the better the game gets.

You really start shaping your characters (decks) and you can really start doing all sort of synergies between the various cards.

Really awesome.

Qvoth

been farming the 1st adventure, after asking on the obsidian forums turns out to unlock the ? cards in the vault you gotta unlock them 1st from the chests you need to buy using gold
wtzgU.gif

SirKhalid

Damn, would have beaten Nulia if I did not miss that first damage roll... I managed to succeed the second damage roll and closing of the other locations but it seems like it was not enough. I tried beating that scenario 20 or more times already...

Top Bottom