• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Bearer (WWE manager of The Undertaker & Kane) has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan

RIP

over the last decade i've attended a few funerals for older relatives where I would have to serve as a ceremonial pallbearer and me and my brother would often smirk and have a little laugh as it made us think of Paul Bearer from our youth, giving us little laughter on what would otherwise be a sad day.

krae_man

I saw him at last years Mania in Miami. He was doing photos at an Undertaker section of Axxess. He didn't look too healthy.

jYjzcKf.png

His last tweet.

I've never heard a bad thing about him despite some of the bitterness that surrounds the wrestling business. He always seemed like he was having the time of his life performing for the fans and always gave it his all. Rest in peace.

Reiko

Banned
jYjzcKf.png

His last tweet.

I've never heard a bad thing about him despite some of the bitterness that surrounds the wrestling business. He always seemed like he was having the time of his life performing for the fans and always gave it his all. Rest in peace.

Now I can't look at that urn the same way. This is depressing.

I saw him at last years Mania in Miami. He was doing photos at an Undertaker section of Axxess. He didn't look too healthy.

Yeah. He has had a lot of medical issues. He actually lasted a lot longer than I expected, because a few years ago, his weight was so out-of-control he was almost literally round.

He was always great with the fans though. I met him a couple times and he was always friendly and funny.

Snaku

Banned
This is damn sad. Managed two of my favorite wrestlers of all time, and was always entertaining.

Rest in peace Mr. Moody.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Aw man, he was one of my favorite non-wrestling characters when I was young. Sad to see him enter the abyss.

Also, I always thought he was short. Undertaker is pretty damn tall.

I realize that. But it seems like everyone in that business is overworked to the point where they end up having health issues, or their conditions get worse.
They're definitely overworked; they're on the road all of the time. But, Paul did not appear on-screen for quite some time.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
All those years weight issues caught up with him probably :/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's terrible news, I remember him as a kid :(

Nether!

Damn, just read through his wikipedia entry last week for no reason at work.

He had a very distinctive style, something I'll always remember from my childhood.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
RIP

I thought I saw some classic match once where he was managing in old WCW and he wasn't Paul Bearer yet. Is this true?

BadAss2961

He's pretty much the same its JR making the moment and the fans are way more vocal at the time.
He's really not the same. Kane invoked fear in everyone back then. They've been on-and-off with his character in recent years, but now he's comedic relief.

But anyway, that's for another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom