• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Bearer (WWE manager of The Undertaker & Kane) has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karak

God damn that sucks.
Many of my wrestling memories are split 50/50 between wrestlers and the amazing managers and someone like Paul Bearer was so iconic and unique. RIP my good man.

PB was one of my favorite and most well received Halloweens costumes I've ever done. Loved the character and no one can replace him.

76503_541317210985_134995_n.jpg

73896_541317101205_7309670_n.jpg

You have the facials perfect mate lol, epic costume. You and your friend look awesome.

RIP Paul Bearer, he beats Heenan and Hart for male manager GOAT for my money. Sad news.

According to Bill Behrens on Facebook, he was in the hospital for a few days before he died, so this wasn't some sudden thing.

Haven't watched pro-wrestling since probably the mid 90's, but this makes me sad.

The guy was a wonderful performer... just a delight to see him work the audience. His facial expressions are legendary.
I was watching a wrestling doc not too long ago that dealt with the small, brutal business of working small gigs across the country. William Moody was in it during a segment and it had a (normal) interview with him. You also got to see him transform into Paul Bearer just before going out to the crowd and it was so amazing and natural.

RIP, Mr. Moody.

Carnby

Let's not forget Paul's legendary heel turn on Taker at Summer Slam 96, to side with Mankind. Paul hit Taker with the urn killing him!... until the next Raw.

Ondore

Let's not forget Paul's legendary heel turn on Taker at Summer Slam 96, to side with Mankind. Paul hit Taker with the urn killing him!... until the next Raw.

That turn stunned me (ok, 12-year-old me) more than Hogan's that same summer.

deafmedal

Thanks for the vids GAF... a pleasant stroll down the old lane.

Bon Voyage Mr. Moody, gratitude for the time you shared :)

Word is coming out that he died of blood clots.

Cowboy Bob Kelly, one of Alabama's top stars in the 1970s, said he was with Moody at a local Cauliflower Alley Club reunion on Saturday. Kelly said Moody was in really bad shape, barely able to stand on his own and coughing badly. Moody was admitted to a local hospital after the reunion, where he was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism (blood clot). He was unable to be saved. He died in the hospital late Tuesday evening.

Aiii

So not worth it
A friend of mine died from that (at 32 yo), just dropped dead next to his car one day out of nowhere after having some trouble getting air for a few weeks. Silent killer if I ever saw one.

Arooguy

His faces were awesome and he was so good at staying in character. A great part of my childhood has been lost. RIP Paul Bearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom