• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Bearer (WWE manager of The Undertaker & Kane) has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

RIP.

I hope he gets included in the Hall of Fame this coming Wrestlemania. With the Undertaker and Kane speaking in behalf.

:(

I haven't watch wrestling in a loooooooooooong time, but this guy and Undertaker are some of my fondest memories of wrestling.

Sad to hear. RIP.

Never really watched or liked wrestling as a kid, but my babysitters kid loved it and we'd watch them often. This was guy was literally the only thing I remembered from back then. Just an awesome guy and so iconic

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
He was an essential part of both Brothers of Destruction's rise to stardom. That alone would cement him as an awesome dude. The fact that he was a nice guy outside of the ring made him even more awesome.

RIP Paul Bearer.

Babalu.

man i always remember him from that survivor series casket match undertaker vs yokozuna. for some reason all his stupid faces i always remember from that match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L268RoS-dVY

with chuck norris guarding the ring from bundy and bambam ...haha damn good times.

3:18 someone gif paul bearer looking into the urn.

undertaker always rising up like a deadman from the grave lol

what the fuck did they do to him after he was the deadman...american badass? wtf..

FStop7

Banned
One of the best on the mic.

HUUUUUUUUUULK HOOOOOOOOOOOOGAN, WILL YOU WITHSTAND THE MIGHT OF MY UNDERTAKERRRRRRR

Loved the guy.

FStop7

Banned
The game WWE All Stars for the 360/PS3 has some fantastic Paul Bearer material, the story mode is about challenging the Undertaker for the WWE championship. As you progress toward the title match there are a bunch of interview segments with Bearer and the Undertaker that are really good.

Very sad, guy was a legend at that character, Hope they do something proper for him, bring Undertaker back and have him do something real special for his memory

The game WWE All Stars for the 360/PS3 has some fantastic Paul Bearer material, the story mode is about challenging the Undertaker for the WWE championship. As you progress toward the title match there are a bunch of interview segments with Bearer and the Undertaker that are really good.

Yes, I basically played All-Stars just for this!

God dammit. I marked out so hard back in the day for the Undertaker when Paul Bearer did those promos leading up to his reveal. (I was 9 years old)

Foffy

Banned
A picture taken 10 days ago with The King Jerry Lawler:
BEpd0tOCMAAqFDd.jpg

Was he naturally pale? He looks ill, and thin. I know he's lot a TON of weight over the years.

speedline

Banned
He basically sold the Undertaker character to me as a kid. I don't think Taker would have made near as much impact without Paul Bearer by his side.

RIP

Into

Sad news, he was one of the core reasons why the Undertaker character got over in the early days.

His wife died of cancer, and Paul has been in bad health for a long time, he had surgery that saved his life.

Aiii

So not worth it
Was watching him give an interview on Taker's Streak documentary on Netflix only two days ago and refelecting how weird it was to see him out of make-up and with a normal voice. R.I.P. Bearer, truely one of the greatest managers and characters overal in pro-wrestling ever.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I just woke up and saw this from the WWE, fuck that hit me hard when I read it. He's such a genuinely cool, great guy from everything I've seen and read about him, that it was so cool to find out when he did such an excellent job of being so creepy back in the day. Man, he was truly an icon, moreso than any other legend that was an actual wrestler. He was so believable when I was a kid.

They better have a grand tribute for him on Smackdown or better yet on RAW for him. Man, this morning just got ruined - R.I.P. :(

antonz

As awesome as the Undertaker has been I doubt the character would have ever had the influence it has had without Paul bearer.

Guy was an amazing character that brought the creepy to the characters needed to be believable fun. They need to give a big tribute to him and they should add him to the HOF class this year.

Some tweets

William Regal: "Very sorry to hear of the passing of Paul Bearer.My best wishes to his family.A lovely man and my friend.RIP."

Howard Finkel: "Saddened to learn of the passing of Paul Bearer (William Moody). He was a unique, one of a kind individual both in and out of the ring. RIP"

Rikishi: "You will be missed by so & I will never forget when we bust a move together my brother #RIPPAULBEARER."

MVP: "The scary man with the strange voice. Rest In Power Paul Bearer..."

Shane Helms: "Saddened to hear about the passing of Wrestling Legend @wweURNiverse Glad I got to see ya one last time just recently Paul. Bless your fam."

Mickie James: "Very sad to hear that Paul Bearer has passed away tonight... My thoughts, prayers, & heart go out to his family, friends & loved ones... RIP"

Ricardo Rodriguez: "Paul Bearer/William Moody, you taught me so much. It truly saddens me to hear about this! I Love You, and I thank you eternally! RIP"

The Miz: "Just found out Paul Bearer died tonight. He was always so nice when I talked to him. My thoughts n prayers are w/ his family #RIPPaulBearer"

Hulk Hogan: "Very sad about Paul Bearer,he was a great person and one of the original boys,he was what made wrestling great much love much respect HH"

Michael Cole: "So sad. We lost a great person and a wonderful man today. Rest in peace paul bearer. God bless his family and Godspeed."

Jim Ross: "Just informed via http://wwe.com Paul Bearer aka Percy Pringle passed away earlier today. I have no other details. RIP old friend."

Zeb Colter (Dutch Mantell): "RIP PAUL BEARER. GREAT MANAGER. WONDERFUL MAN."

Diamond Dallas Page: "Sad to hear of the passing of Bill Moody (Paul Bearer)... Not a nicer man in the biz. RIP bro"

Triple H: "Rest in peace, Paul Bearer. You will never be forgotten. There will never be another. #PaulBearer"

Tyson Kidd: "Sad to hear about the passing of Paul Bearer. One of the best managers of all time. Pretty sure EVERYONE has tried imitating his voice"

Shawn Michaels: "I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of Paul Bearer. Our prayers go out to him and his family. God Bless!!"

Goldust: "Very sad! God be with william moody's family! God protect the moody family, please. Prayers sent. So sad"

@BretHart
Goodbye to a good friend, Paul Bearer. Say hi to Owen for me.

Ezekiel Jackson: "#RIPPaulBearer didn't get to spend much time with him but the one day at lunch in Calgary will go in my book if I ever wrote one. #Godspeed"

Ricardo Rodriguez: "You always spoke very highly of me and I can not thank you enough for that! That you! #RIPPaulBearer"

Justin Roberts: "Very sad night. RIP Paul Bearer, a man I grew up watching on tv and was lucky enough to have later on, as a friend."

Ted DiBiase Jr: "Losing one of our own @WWE feels like losing a family member. Thank you for the memories Paul! God Bless #RIPPaulBearer"

Tara: "I am deeply saddened to hear that Paul Bearer has passed away. He will be deeply missed. May he rest In peace"

Michelle McCool: "#RIPPaulBearer ....you always made me smile. Great entertainer, even better man! We love you & will forever miss you! God bless..."

Shane Helms: "I've never heard one bad thing said about Paul. In this biz, that's extremely rare. It says a lot about the man."

Sean Waltman: "I'm so at a loss right for words right now. I've known him since 1995 & I can't get myself together enough to write anything at the moment."

Stephanie McMahon: "#RIPPaulBearer"

Dixie Carter: "Our condolences go out to the many family, friends and fans of William Moody. A great performer in our industry."

ianswoody

PB was one of my favorite and most well received Halloweens costumes I've ever done. Loved the character and no one can replace him.

76503_541317210985_134995_n.jpg

73896_541317101205_7309670_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom