• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gamers - Post your mouse

2w6vrrn.jpg

Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000. 5 buttons (w/ vertical and horizontal scroll), comes with a charging stand and battery (can also use one standard AA), and is Bluetooth.

Red

Back and forth between Logitech MX Revolution and Logitech MX 518. I like the feel and precision of the 518 more, but the MX Revolution is super convenient when I'm using my TV; that, paired with my MX5500 keyboard, has made wireless PC gaming a possibility for me.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
ksan said:
It's so comfortable! Such a shame the laser is absolutely terrible at tracking, malfunctions all the time :(
Yeah, I had similar issues until I updated my firmware. Now everything's as smooth as silk. I'm a finger mouser though. High DPI and all that.

Sysgen said:
Logitech G500

Used to use the MX510/8 Love the G500. IMO Superior due to being able to weight it.

9423527_sb.jpg

logitech_g500_bottomweights.jpg
Just bought this when I upgraded my PC because my old Logitech was wearing out. Love it. :D

Had the MX518 before. Liked the shape, but the glossy finish was prone to building up grime. The G500's matte finish is a welcome change.

mr_nothin

Banned
I've gone through all 3 of the major brands these past 3 weeks.
Nothing beats the Logitech G5 version 2 (the blue/black one). I've had the Logitech g500, the mx518, Sidewinder, and the razor imperator.

The g500 sucks because the mouse wheel feels flimsy as hell and the right side of the mouse hurts to use. It wouldnt be so bad if the right side of the mouse wasnt so uncomfortable. The overall feel of the mouse has also been downgraded from the g5. The main reason why I HATE this mouse now is because I cant find a f'in g5 ANYWHERE anymore. The stupid g500 replaced the g5 :(

Had the sidewinder and it's a pretty decent mouse. The side buttons take a lot of getting used to but it's a very solid mouse and it feels solid. Clicking speed is awesome on there. There's minimal delay. The drivers for it suck though. You can only change the DPI from 200 to 400 to 800 to 1600 to 3200 to 6000 or w/e it was. You couldnt adjust to anything between those and you cant change the x and y axises independently, that SUCKS for me because I like my horizontal dpi to be higher than my vertical and it was a pain in the ass trying to balance out the sensitivity for that in css (changing the m_yaw and lowering the overall sensitivity). I just couldnt fine tune it like I wanted to. If I could then it would be an awesome mouse.

The Razor Imperator just feels waaaay off. I dont like Razor mice. They're too light and too funny feeling. Click speed wasnt that great. There was a little more delay than I would have liked.

After going through those, I ended up with the mx518 today. I've had it before and I like it. I just dont like the fact that I cant change the weight like I can with the g5 v2 :(
Those weights really made a HUGE difference and I miss them. I might just have to order the g5 v2 online :/

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
As a person who is a casual pc gamer, primary console gamer, I was wondering if someone can explain what is so great about these mice? Do they really help and how so? Also some of the designs are.. kinda crude, like "WE MADE A HARDCORE GAMING MOUSE, WE'RE SO BADASS" /mousecompany

kamspy

Plywood said:
As a person who is a casual pc gamer, primary console gamer, I was wondering if someone can explain what is so great about these mice? Do they really help and how so? Also some of the designs are.. kinda crude, like "WE MADE A HARDCORE GAMING MOUSE, WE'RE SO BADASS" /mousecompany

A good $40-$90 Logitech or Razer mouse has a "first party controller" feel. Regular lifestyle mice feel like cheap $6 Pelican second player joints.

But Razer has objectively superior side buttons.

For me it's the build quality more than the uber high DPI and crazy USB polling speed.

Red

Plywood said:
For me the main three benefits are laser precision, button location, and ergonomics. Most gaming mouse are shaped to conform to a person's hand. The MX Revolution is especially comfortable. The MX 518 I use is more precise for gaming (possibly due to the Revolution being wireless), but it's too small for me to use for extended periods of time. My hand gets cramped holding it. On the flip side, I like the buttons on the 518 more; being able to adjust sensitivity on the fly is a godsend in FPSs when moving from a spray-and-pray to a precision weapon.

Shai-Tan

Banned
MX518 2007 edition. I would have a G9 and probably should get one but I have been turned off by several of the laser mice I bought in the past. They probably just sucked but it has a stigma for me. I'm guessing local stores have g9 out to test so I guess I could go mess around with one.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
razer-mamba.jpg

After having nothing but bad luck with wireless mice I swore them off until I was basically forced to accept them. I jumped straight for the mamba (the dual mode options actually attracted me) and haven't looked back. Definitely the best mouse I've ever used. Extremely comfortable, smooth, and accurate. It was expensive (perhaps too expensive), but I'm very happy with the final product.

The range is fantastic, the battery lasts a long time (thus far), the feeling of moving the mouse is extremely good and the pointer is very accurate.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
:lol at people gaming with Wireless Mice. I can't stand that shit. Un-fucking-acceptable.

I roll with a Razer Lachesis, thing is a goddamn beast. I love people using it and people trying it and being like omg it's so fast and reactive. Goddamn right it is.

Razer Mamba and i would never look back. Took me some getting used to and i don't really utilize the fact it can do wireless (prefer wired for gaming) but its a great for precision! :D

I had a Razer Diamondback for a long while, but recently the scroll wheel busted out of the socket. Little nub that holds it to the spinner snapped off while I was spinning :\
55316_Razer_Diamondback.jpg

Great mouse aside from it breaking. After that died, I picked up a Saitek GM2400, which I'm really enjoying so far.
WD0786557_1.jpg

butts

I'm on the same MX510 that I've been on for the last 4 years (at least). Still performs like the day I bought it, even if i rubbed the logo on the palm rest part off a long time ago.

Animal

Banned
My current mouse is a Razer Naga. I haven't played an MMO in over a year. I play almost exclusively shooters and RTS on my pc at the moment and this is by far the best mouse i've ever owned. That statement would still stand even if the Naga didn't have the numpad on it.

I had a G5, MX518, MX510 and an Intellimouse Explorer before this one.

Dabanton

Metalmurphy said:
IntelliMouseOptic.jpg

I've been using this for as long as I can remember and I simply cannot use anything else.

Great mouse,i have about four of these around the house great for when i game as they are just the right size for my hand.

Valion

razer-naga-gallery2.jpg

More buttons, more better. Well, except those two near the front that you're supposed to hit with your index finger. Those are stupid and worthless. The rest are solid, though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
img_347925.JPG

Been using this for a few years, the 2 buttons on the side are all i need other than the classic stuff. It's great for WoW, Starcraft 2 & shooters. Don't really need these weird mouses with 10 buttons or some... ugly as sin ball.

Frawdder

2n6vuxl.jpg

Razer Diamondback - Red (Because Red is the best colour, obviously)

I had a MX518 for a long time, but felt the need for a change and this mouse has been great, really comfortable and I like the smaller and low design compared to the MX518's bigger profile.

sky

11981777.jpg

Logitech LX3

It's average. In my experience, I've generally found the cheaper and more basic mice to end up feeling the most comfortable, and lasting the longest.
This one's alright, but I'll stick closer to the bargain bin next time.

Loxley

Joseph Merrick said:
Logitech G9X

You know...I might pick one of these up, looks like a good fit for those of us with Gollum-hands :p I'm using an older version of the MX518 right now and while I really like it, and the thing has been more or less my workhorse for nearly two years, my thumb is actually starting to get a little sore after using it for extended periods. My guess is because my thenar doesn't actually touch the mouse because (compared to my hand) it's a tad small. I really feel like I just need something fatter :D

CrunchyB said:
wheel_optical.jpg

I've been using my Logitech BD58 for a very long time :) About 9 years! Second mouse I ever bought!

This was the first optical mouse I ever purchased. I used it until I got my MX518. I got a little nostalgic when I saw you posted this. Then I went and held my MX518 and remembered why I love it so much.

That being said, the BD58 would feel almost as much like home to me. Fantastic if you don't need thumb buttons.

Nabs

CrunchyB said:
wheel_optical.jpg

I've been using my Logitech BD58 for a very long time :) About 9 years! Second mouse I ever bought!
oh no :lol i had that shit a long ass time ago. it's time to upgrade dude.

Top Bottom