• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gamers - Post your mouse

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
MNC said:
Logitech-trackball.jpg

Trackball GAF represent :D

I use one of those also.

Lolligag

ZZMitch said:
C8639.jpg

Been using this for 10 years, haven't seen any need to change yet!
I can't live without side buttons anymore. It's just weird going to someone's computer with a plain mouse with that.

I use a G9.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I used the Logitech MX518 for a long while but have since upgraded to the G5 which is a hell of a mouse.

idzkee.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I have a copperhead, but i've been wanting a DeathAdder since i used one at a LAN Cafe a few months back.

remz

Used to have a g9, but it gave me hand cramps so I bought a Sidewinder X8

which is actually pretty damn awesome

dock

Procarbine said:
Logitech-MX-620-Wireless-Laser-Mouse.jpg

Logitech MX-620

I have this mouse, and I find it annoying :/ It suffers from the problem of super-stiff mouse-wheel, that many modern logitech mice have. The middle button (wheel) requires so much pressure to press that it's uncomfortable to use, especially if you have to hold it down.

This probably isn't an issue for gaming, but I do 3D modelling and it sucks for this. I had to assign the 'search' button as middle click, but it's very weird having my middle click be a small button to the left of the main/left button D:

Oh, and I need to use a happ mousepad on my desk, because my wooden desk is too shiny for its laser. :/

Can anyone recommend a similar non-logitech mouse? I've bought two logitech mice in the last couple of years with this super-stiff mouse-wheel problem, so I'm giving up on them.

Magni

19 & 21 said:
3821157940745.jpg

Lachesis - fine for the first 6 months, drivers or laser has issues from time to time now. Most likely drivers.

Same (including driver issues, still need to get those fixed..)

Wallach

+1 for the MX518. Love the thing. Have had it paired with my G15 for a long time now and haven't seen anything new since that compelled me to make another purchase (except for my N52 TE which is really more of a compliment than a replacement for my G15).

Logitech G7. For how long, I don't know. 2-3 years now I think. It has been amazing for me. I did, however, have to get it replaced recently through warranty due to the mouse starting to be randomly unresponsive. Sent it to Logitech and got a brand new replacement pretty quickly.

deleted

Razer Diamondback for me (red). Been using it for 6 years now and will only get an new one if it breaks... Its fast, it fits and its wired. Best mouse I ever had.

O.DOGG

Metalmurphy said:
IntelliMouseOptic.jpg

I've been using this for as long as I can remember and I simply cannot use anything else.

That's what I've been using for the past 6-7 years. I'm on my fourth one (though it's a black version), and I'm thinking about buying another one soon. Great mouse. Wouldn't consider anything else.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Another MX rev owner.:D

I'm sitting here with my 518 and wondering if I should go back to a bigger mouse.
The x8 is tempting...

Question for some MX Revolution owners out there:

Anyone have a broken one that they'd be willing to sell me the USB receiver to? I can't seem to find mine, and with shipping they're $20 from Logitech :(

Metalmurphy said:
IntelliMouseOptic.jpg

I've been using this for as long as I can remember and I simply cannot use anything else.

God, I loved this baby.

d6st3.jpg

At the moment I'm using some cheapo wired Genius model. I'm not really into competitive gaming and for everything else it gets the job done.

EDIT: This one:

2ibnspe.jpg

When my MX518 broke I accidentally purchased this piece of crap:

gm_swmx3_largerview.jpg

The Sidewinder X3. It's janky, juddery, slightly clumsy to hold and the wheel has these vertical grooves in it that get dirty, deposit the stuff inside the mouse, and that makes the wheel movement sticky and horrible.

I don't love it, and will be buying a new mouse very soon.

Saitek Cyborg V3 (non-motorized version)

DHCCB440700002061.jpg

on the fly DPI change,multiple profiles (but i haven't got deep into that yet) fits my hand pretty well and has good weight to it.

Cdammen

I've got a Logitech MX518.

smAusgmdJ.jpg

If/when it dies, I'll get another one. I've had this one sex years.

(EDIT) The Microsoft mouses are also very good.

UFRA

Logitech G5.

Weight configuration:

4.5g weights in the 4 corner spots, with the 1.7g weights in the 4 spots in the middle which form a diamond shape.

:D

NIN90

G5 fucking suuuuucks. Pointless weights and it went haywire all the time when I did a quick movement.

MX518/DeathAdder/IME 3.0 4 lyfe

luffeN

to all MX518 user: if you mouse dies, go and buy the G5 Refresh. It's the same but better ;)

DanDeschain said:
Can somebody recommend a good gaming mouse under $40?

well, the Logitech G5 Refresh is 35 Euro, so you might find it for under 40$

NIN90

banKai said:
to all MX518 user: if you mouse dies, go and buy the G5 Refresh. It's the same but better ;)

No, just no.

If you actually want to upgrade from an MX518 then go for a DeathAdder.

luffeN

NIN90 said:
No, just no.
and why not?

edit: I don't really get it. Look at this picture here If it's the price difference, okey, but why buy an older mouse when you can get a better one? Playing with the max dpi settings and sens 1 in CS no mouse accel etc. is a blizz, it's more accurate. Although I made the jump from an MX510 to the G5

NIN90

banKai said:
and why not?

- pointless weights
- texture on the mouse feels weird
- it spazzed out like crazy when I made quick movements
- increased price for minimal upgrade. the logitech way of business!

I don't know if I can be considered a PC gamer anymore but when I was still actively playing (and the mouse I am using right now to browse dem interwebs)...

Razer_Diamondback_Plasma_Limited_Edition_Precision_Gaming_Mouse.jpg

Razer Diamonback Plasme LE

Best...mouse...ever.

Tonza

Have been using this for atleast 6-7 years:

intellimouse3.jpg

Great mouse. Though I will probably buy a new one shortly because the IM3.0 is really worn out and buttons are pretty loose. Going with Steelseries probably since they don't seem to have excess of buttons.

luffeN

NIN90 said:
- pointless weights
- texture on the mouse feels weird
- it spazzed out like crazy when I made quick movements
- increased price for minimal upgrade. the logitech way of business!

-weights you don't need to use.
-come on..
-do you have a mousepad which consists of a photograph? ;) I don't even have the drivers installed and I can make quick movements like hell

Top Bottom