• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Requirements and Release Times for Alan Wake II Revealed

Buggy Loop

Yeah no. Unless EGS closes you ain't seeing this game on steam.

better get the ship and the scimitar ready.

1471864637-tumblr-inline-mkwvq1vshp1qz4rgp.gif

damidu

lol they want to kill the franchise for good this time, i guess.
good luck alienating %99 of pc userbase.
they better hope console versions don't get blasted for technical issues.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
lol they want to kill the franchise i guess.
good luck alienating %99 of pc userbase.
they better hope console versions don't get blasted for technical issues.
pc master race loves demanding games that use their hardware
pc master race hates demanding games that use their hardware

The problem is that both these statements are active at the same time

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So an RTX 3080 should be enough for RT medium with Path Tracing on at 1080p60?

Gonna have to do some settings optimization to get 1440p60 DLSS (Q).

Sold!!!!!

Xdrive05

JUST when the RTX 3060 becomes the #1 GPU on the Steam Survey... they release a game that requires a 3070 to run at PS3 launch game resolutions at medium settings.

WTF will the console versions be like then? I mean the poor Series S... my god...

damidu

JUST when the RTX 3060 becomes the #1 GPU on the Steam Survey... they release a game that requires a 3070 to run at PS3 launch game resolutions at medium settings.

WTF will the console versions be like then? I mean the poor Series S... my god...
my guess ps5/sx
somewhere around low, with horrible fsr,
base res 600 - 900p (based on quality/perf mode)

series s no perf mode and even lower base res.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
This brings me back to 2013 when we had some POC bangers droppin'! Remember Tomb Raider 2013? Crysis 3? Metro: Last Light? They all push PC gaming and required beefy hardware! I appreciate putting my specs to use! :p

Kuranghi

So, what's your guys thoughts after reading this chart, on whether a 4090 can run this at native 4K, max settings, ie RT, PT whatever and keep a locked 30fps?

I'm thinking I'll sell some vinyls this week and buy a 4090, but of were already getting PC versions that can't even lock 30 at native 4K and max RT then I'm just going to wait until the 50-series and enjoy my PS5 and other hobbies.

KXVXII9X

Damn... So, my gaming laptop just hits the low minimum requirements at 30 fps. [Has all the same specs of my PC] I can play at 30 fps and can play with lower settings, but I just don't think it would be a good experience with my laptop barely keeping up. It is also a bummer since these games fall heavily on their visual presentation.

Larxia

What's up with the boomers religiously 1080ing in here?
It's not 2006 anymore, wake up lol. Do You play on 23" screens ?
See you're doing it again lol That's why I quoted you on this the other day when you said you didn't care about resolution.

You always seem annoyed at people playing in resolution lower than 4K, so you do care a lot about it. I see this very often from you.
Also you're not far, I use a 24" monitor.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
See you're doing it again lol That's why I quoted you on this the other day when you said you didn't care about resolution.

You always seem annoyed at people playing in resolution lower than 4K, so you do care a lot about it. I see this very often from you.
Also you're not far, I use a 24" monitor.
I mean.. that's an L for me :p

Skifi28

RTX4070 and RTX3080 are pretty much right on par with each other.
They are, but the recommended settings make very little sense, to the point there might be frame generation involved when a 3070 can only do 1080p30 with RT low while a 4070 which is what, 30% faster, can supposedly do the same resolution while also activating PT and doubling the framerate. Or when the 3070 is 1080p60 while the 4070 4k60 without RT. The recommendations are all over the place, I wouldn't trust them.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
They are, but the recommended settings make very little sense, to the point there might be frame generation involved when a 3070 can only do 1080p30 with RT low while a 4070 which is what, 30% faster, can supposedly do the same resolution while also activating PT and doubling the framerate. Or when the 3070 is 1080p60 while the 4070 4k60 without RT. The recommendations are all over the place, I wouldn't trust them.
Maybe 8GB vs 12GB.
GDDR6 vs GDDRX.
Bus width.
L2 cache.
Might not be raw horsepower thats killing the 3070 when activating RT.

Last edited:
Top Bottom