• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pennsylvania same-sex marriage ban ruled unconstitutional

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need to move out of Georgia. It's the WORST, and I wouldn't be surprised if it took another 20 years to allow same-sex marriages.

Those are the Genderless Dystopia gifs.

Best gifs.

Those are good.

mc-random-7-5exuc0.gif

Need better quality of that gif. D:

hwalker84

Agreeing to this. Went to Primanti Bros. as an outsider and thought it was pretty sub-par. What's the big draw here? :p

Which one did you go to? The original down in the Strip District? Did you order a Pittsburgher (What most people get the first time and its a terrible choice)?

I wonder what state will be the last to keep the ban on same sex marriage. Shit gonna get heated when it's them vs the world.

As of this point, I don't think there will be a "last state" to keep the ban in place. Rather, there will be a bunch of states whose same-sex marriage bans will be stuck down simultaneously. There are cases in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, and the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals. Only the 4th and 10th have heard arguments, so we are waiting for a ruling from those courts which will be sometime in the summer.

Assuming that both uphold the lower court rulings, the defendants will most likely appeal to the US Supreme Court soon after the ruling. So the SCOTUS could potentially hear a case during their 2014 term (I don't know if there is a deadline for petitions for it to be heard in the next term) which means there could be a ruling by the SCOTUS as soon as next summer.

johnny956

That will never, ever happen. You guys have the second or third weirdest alcohol laws in the country. And that's saying something.

Every state has some weird laws. Here in Missouri we finally changed it so you can buy a motorcycle on Sunday....

Monocle

Whaaaa, crazy how different tastes are. He looks like he's 12 and is way too skinny. I like the ripped look, on a guy over 180 lbs.

Maybe Chicago has spoiled me.
It's the muscle definition that gets me. More bulk is fine but I like them cut.

Also, I hate this term, but he's a classic example of butterface.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just realized he's wearing Hanes.

-5 points.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Good news for my state, and the human race. Hope Corbett is on his way out.

I know I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but the cynical side of me wonders if this was just a ploy for Corbett to be able to rile up the conservative base that makes up pretty much everything outside of the cities here in the general election. The wording of the opinion gives me hope though.

ivysaur12

Banned
I know I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but the cynical side of me wonders if this was just a ploy for Corbett to be able to rile up the conservative base that makes up pretty much everything outside of the cities here in the general election. The wording of the opinion gives me hope though.

What? No.

slit

How would he have pulled that off? He's conspiring with a federal judge? I really doubt that. Corbett has pissed off his own party anyway.

Konka

Banned

Wat.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
How would he have pulled that off? He's conspiring with a federal judge? I really doubt that. Corbett has pissed off his own party anyway.

I know; I just have a bad habit of being pessimistic about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom