• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Now if he really wanted to get shit done, he should know the Mayor of Chicago

ibzjIzMfMtcLTJ.jpeg

but really though, fuck this guy. I hope the backlash is swift and hilarious.

I think I finally understand what this controller does. Who the fuck really needs this? I mean if it's a good tool for someone who needs it because they can't handle a controller in a normal fashion then sure, that's cool, but it looks like someone melted a bunch of plastic on the controller and now it "MAKE YOU A BETTER GAMER!"

What the hell is this stupid motherfucker on?

Ocean marketing said:
"Little kids unhappy with a PRE ORDER starting trouble and you email that to us , he’s a customer unless you’re his boyfriend then you should side with the company not the customer. Be Careful"

Drop the macho bullshit already, asshole. It's like poking a bee hive with your dick.

areal

It's hard to believe that a company like this can actually make money. Surely not. I hate this kind of language even when it doesn't contain a bunch of mistakes.

Ocean Marketing Inc. creates powerful social media campaigns that will intelligently increase your traffic, promote your brand and grow leads and sales with maximize ROI to give you a feeling of power and importance in the marketplace.

We ensure excellent caliber of work that is written in proper English and is consistent stylistically. We complete our projects on a timely and regular basis.

In fact, we want you to learn while we assist you so you understand the insights we use to experience real results. This means we reveal to you the exclusive knowledge, insights behind what makes us experts you can trust and count on.

So, is that guy supposed to be the company's end-consumer mouthpiece?

Because, um. He's pretty goddamn terrible at it.

Wasn't going to buy, won't be buying, will be sharing, all that fun stuff.

Also, there is such a thing as bad publicity.

One thought that came to mind every time he pulled the "I'm a high-powered corporate executive" schtick was: "Okay, if you're so high-powered and have people at your disposal, then why are you working the customer service line?" Unless he's doing the Jim Sinegal thing to get an idea of what the front-lines are like, there's very little reason for someone who supposedly has "125 dedicated people to run PR" to be fielding customer e-mails.

Ah yes, and insulting an extremely popular established web site with a widespread devout following that likely coincides with your target market segment? Not a good idea.

Hahaha, oh lord. This guy does "Social media reputation management":
http://www.oceanmarketinginc.com/Reputation-Management.php

A prospective client Google’s your company’s name. What does he find? He finds negative publicity about you. Will he associate with you? Chances are that he would skip your name in the searches and hire your competitor.

Every day, Google receives over two billion search requests and this evidently proves that people want to learn and investigate on the net. Irrespective of their field of business, most of the companies or individuals search the whereabouts of any company on the net before starting a new business venture with them. The ones who search also look for the testimonials provided by the clients/customers of a company. For buying products, people check out the product reviews. Bad product reviews translate into lesser sales.

We help you to displace or remove the negative search engine results and listings about your organization or company. We use an effective lineup of techniques to dilute and eliminate the search engine results about you that are negative.
Great job managing your reputation btw. Also, check out his company logo. Real pro

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Why don't people like this get fired more. When in PR, the one main priority you have is to NOT START A SHITFIGHT ON THE INTERNET. Like with a butchers where numero uno on the no-no list is sticking your dick in the meat.

And yet dude will probably get off with a stern talking to. Fire people! This is when its okay! Give someone competent, yet most likely unemployed, the job!!

Salazar

It's hard to believe that a company like this can actually make money. Surely not. I hate this kind of language even when it doesn't contain a bunch of mistakes.

I'm glad enterprises of this type are disinclined to hire an editor. I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

:lol What a fucking piece of shit. His grammar and spelling is atrocious too, makes my head hurt reading it. I like how me talks down to the guy from penny arcade though.

wwm0nkey

I feel so dirty for being on the side of IGN.... but if that's where the chip's have fallen, so be it.

Have to admit, this tweet was pretty great

ScottLowe Scott Lowe
@OceanMarketting Please refrain from referring to me or IGN as support for you, your company or your clients. You do not have it.

Ocean Marketing Inc. creates powerful social media campaigns that will intelligently increase your traffic, promote your brand and grow leads and sales with maximize ROI to give you a feeling of power and importance in the marketplace.

ip5sx.png

Have to admit, this tweet was pretty great

ScottLowe Scott Lowe
@OceanMarketting Please refrain from referring to me or IGN as support for you, your company or your clients. You do not have it.

He just tweet back saying essentially No you suck scott lowe! We gave you how many units and how many conversions.

I did my best to preserve the grammer because I'm still not sure how to interpret it.

Edit: there we go below.

Septimius

These tweets are amazing:

- Scott Lowe
Paul Christoforo's claims that he has my and @IGN's support are UNFOUNDED. I worked with him briefly and he was completely unprofessional.

- ScottLowe
.@OceanMarketting Please refrain from referring to me or IGN as support for you, your company or your clients. You do not have it.

- OceanMarketting Paul Christoforo
@ScottLowe your a douchebag anyway Scott we sent you how many units for review , How many conversations You were the unprofessional one

It's like he has NO idea when to stop.

wwm0nkey

Hey actually tried to call the IGN guy out? LOL

This is just fantastic, screw going to sleep I want to see how this plays out.

Top Bottom