• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

Jintor

Gabe's a dick and proud of it, mostly, but I get his point about being completely confused as to what stance to take on the Lollypop Chainsaw/WB cosplayer. Admittedly he kind of falls into the trap of conflating both groups as the same group of people when they were more likely extremely different groups, but from his perspective he's just getting contradictory bullshit from all sides and can't win ever.

ElRenoRaven

I have to say Gabe is right. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. And it seems that Jessica and WB were ok with it so all is fine in my opinion. I also have no issue with what they did to this other guy. Open and shut he was banned before and signed a contract. He broke the deal then he goes. Also sounds like he's an annoying ass who idiots find funny.

Then of course Paul what is there to say about. He's a dumbass and got shown for being what he is. He's obviously never going to change. So I have no issue with them screwing with him. Even though I think they should just move on now for sure and quit giving him attention.

FyreWulff

Gabe's a dick and proud of it, mostly, but I get his point about being completely confused as to what stance to take on the Lollypop Chainsaw/WB cosplayer. Admittedly he kind of falls into the trap of conflating both groups as the same group of people when they were more likely extremely different groups, but from his perspective he's just getting contradictory bullshit from all sides and can't win ever.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. They're the ones that kept trumpeting the no booth babe rule, then the erosion started in 2007 when they allowed two of them. Now they have one side that still wants to follow that rule, and the other side that's seen them there now and doesn't mind them.

They should come up with hard rules like E3 did (after complaints one year, E3 banned swimsuits. Clear and concise rule that everyone could follow) when they dialed back their boothbabes. Or not allow them at all, like they originally did. If an expo goer doesn't like a booth babe, note it for future PAXes but don't try to change things in the middle of a 3 day convention. If they're really mad, say you're sorry and offer them a refund.

This setup where they've backtracked on their original stance and are going "Well, if they fit these requirements.. kinda", they can't act surprised when vague restrictions result in indecisive moves like this and the reaction that comes with it. They had straight up booth babes in their 6th floor PAX hall last year at Prime, with super tight fitting latex shirts on. There were enforcers walking around up there, so it's not like they were under the fucking radar or anything. And they were there until closing on the last day.

Here, I'll solve their problems for them if they want a family show while allowing booth babes/booth reps, with parity between paid and unpaid cosplayers:

1. Nobody at PAX can expose any skin between their neck and knees.

2. No swimsuit or swimwear outfits for either gender.

3. No lycra, latex, or leather allowed for either gender.

Boom, a wholesome Mike-approved Christian experience for everyone at PAX, with no vagueness. And only 3 simple rules! Now let's get back to lil' Jimmy being saved from the tyranny of real midriffs while walking by booths with games that show much more skin and tons of gore.

Or he could pick a stance and stick with it. Better than lazily throwing your hands up as if all sides are equal.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
You guys really try hard to find evil things now, don't you? This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Tajin

Banned
I heard the moment families and children see cleavage their eyes melt out and their souls are turned over to the devil in the most grimmest of grim death-pacts.

But nah, seriously this was the outfit:
lollipop-chainsaw-jessica-nigri-pax.jpg

It's a shame the human body has to be perceived as a negative thing in the States.

Kem0sabe

I heard the moment families and children see cleavage their eyes melt out and their souls are turned over to the devil in the most grimmest of grim death-pacts.

But nah, seriously this was the outfit:
lollipop-chainsaw-jessica-nigri-pax.jpg

It's a shame the human body has to be perceived as a negative thing in the States.

People wear that shit to church here in Europe... American´s are so uptight...

This setup where they've backtracked on their original stance and are going "Well, if they fit these requirements.. kinda",
They check a presubmitted photo and allow/deny it. If the attendees send in complaints, then they 'backtrack.'
They had straight up booth babes in their 6th floor PAX hall last year at Prime, with super tight fitting latex shirts on. There were enforcers walking around up there, so it's not like they were under the fucking radar or anything. And they were there until closing on the last day.
They previewed photos and allowed it. Then the audience complained. They were asked to change. They changed. So they were there in their new outfits until closing on the last day. So, exactly the same situation with the same resolution with the same internet complaints. Just that one was a few days ago being talked about, and another was 6 months ago still being talked about.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I worked for years at a mental health facility and I don't recall seeing anyone as detached from reality as this guy seems to be.

Darklord

Banned
Defamation of character? Hahaha, he did it to him self. He might as well come onto GAF posting "I'M AN ASSHOLE" then sue NeoGAF for it.

Oh pleaaaase let him be representing himself. This is too good to be true... I feel bad that the controller makers have to waste money on this.

scy

...so he has an actual lawyer that thought this was a good idea?

The grounds are defamation of Character telling lies about me my company and preventing me from making a living by lying about things that never happened and I plan on going after other people too esp .coms who printed the lies and did not retract after i asked nicely. Breach of contract for them not paying me an undisclosed sum of money Due to me at the time we parted ways and a few other things named in the lawsuit.

I eagerly await more from Paul.

Ha, saw this on reddit also, I was going to bump this train wreck back to the front page but couldn't find the thread.

Wonderful news IMO. It was too long since we last saw Paul C's awesome antics.

I haven't been able to really see the case details, what exactly is he suing them for, just defamation?

David can talk all the talk he wants to, the filing is public record so all the dirty laundry and shenanigan's he pulled will be exposed to the public. I have remained quiet and just fooling around on the internet building up to this law suit and now it's only a matter of time before his text messages and emails to me are released to the public.
This is going to be a comedy gold mine.

I guess I've found my material for the next nanowrimo:

a case of delusion.

filled with drama, tension and a full on lack of accepting reality. I'm sure this thing basically writes itself. Time to start taking notes... starting tomorrow.

Guys, seriously.

Guise.

Paul found his way onto the Penny Arcade forums.

The thread is locked but it appears to have been fun times. Also got some interesting answers out of him.

TheOneAndOnly (Paul) said:
pirateluigi said:
I understand that typos happen. They happen to me all the tirme! But I have just got to know:

What did you actually mean when you said this: " I wwebsite as on the internet" ?

I'm not trying to make fun, I'm genuinely curious. It's this generation's version of "More people have been to Russia than I have"
No that's a good question and to be honest its not at all what i meant to type, I was extremely stressed out under an extreme amount of tension and dealing with a flood of emails and calls. At the time my laptop keys were sticking due to some liquid being spilled on the keyboard and when I was typing I was not looking at the screen.

I did not no what I actually wrote until people started posting it on the internet, what I had meant to say was I have been building websites and using the internet since before you were conceived if that makes better sense but what you all got was " I wwebsite as on the internet" I think its kind of funny myself and don't mind the making fun of me for that probably one of the biggest typos in my life but definitely brand able.

Decomposey said:
Paul I have a question.

This is not name calling when I say you're a douche. It's pretty obvious, we all know it. My question is have you ever taken a long hard look at yourself and your actions to ever realized it (and just don't care), or do you operate under the assumption that you are actualy a normal well adjusted person?

I'm actually really curious about it, and would love to know if its deliberate or denial.

Besides the Douche your question is pretty well worded and I am not taking it personally. I look at myself everyday in the mirror multiple times sometimes when I am at the gym I am in the mirror for an hour and a half at a time. I listen to allot of Anthony Robbins and Zig Ziglar and others as well as read allot of books on Buddhism and spirituality.

So i do not operate under the assumption I am a normal well adjusted person, I am a normal well adjusted person. I own a condo, I am engaged , I have an amazing fiance and son, tons of family and friends , I have my health mental and physical, I am stable with very nice things and toys. I am extremely well traveled with quite a few vacations upcoming this summer Boston , Cabo , and LA . I have lived in Boston , California , Miami , Aruba , Panama, Turks and Caicos and Jamaica as well as worked on a Live aboard Yacht teaching scuba diving from Miami to the Bahamas. I hold 2 real estate licenses , an associates in Culinary arts and Hotel and Restaurant management and have run many successful companies. So besides my resume and some of the awesome things I have done and am doing. I am as normal and ordinary and anyone else here.

Did I mention my love for technology and video games , currently I am playing Starhawk and I started The Witcher 2, I am looking forward to Max Payne and Diablo III have 2 PS3's an Xbox 360 and a few computers with a beautiful LG 55inch passive 3D TV and I game just about every night from 12pm pct to 330am pct my gamer tag is TheAngryDude cross platform if anyone wants to add me.

Burtletoy said:
So in response to the question "Do you know you are a douche?"

You spend 2 paragraphs (and I'm being quite generous in calling them paragraphs) talking about all the shit you own and how you go to the gym and read books and stare longingly into your muscles for hours a day.
If you say I am a douche then I must be a douche. Thanks for that and I do not stare longingly its more for the exercise I am doing it puts you more into a solid state of mind to focus on each individual muscle fiber. I would not say I own anymore stuff than the regular person either. Now If I had a jet or a yacht that would be a different story. I think the places I have been certs and degrees I have is much more impressing than the material things.

This is perhaps the best:

SniperGuy said:
So Paul, if someone is supposed to be a bodyguard for a celebrity, and they see a gunmen, and shoot the celebrity themselves instead, do you think that bodyguard should still be able to get work as a bodyguard?

What does that have to do with the topic here, I am not a bodyguard.

Cambiata said:
Well gentleman I can not say its been fun but my lawyer has been here all day following all of my posts and asked that I throw in the towel. I'm am going on radio silence , continue on among yourselves and keep it G rated . Thank you all and have a great day :)
It's funny that this post only came minutes after I sent an email to Paul's lawyer linking the thread and asking if he knew about it.

This is actually the best thing ever. I really hope that some of his Tweets are presented as evidence against his case during the trial. His Twitter account is a veritable gold mine for jerkbag quotes and childish behaviour.

Risible

This Cristoforo thing just gets better and better. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

It's a sad reflection on my life how happy I am to see that this thread has been bumped to the front page - I get giddy with anticipation to see what new has transpired, and it NEVER fails to deliver.

Rootbeer

Banned
Response to the allegations on the part of iControl indicate that PC faked the evidence? I hope they can prove that. This guy could use some time behind bars.

Top Bottom