• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Maniax User Poll Results for Favorite Characters, Personas, etc. [Spoilers]

The Persona 5 Maniax fanbook comes out today and with it, the results for the user poll that was conducted prior to the book's release. Persona Central has translated all the results, which you can see in full here. We've already been talking about the character poll in the confidant thread, but there's quite bit more interesting poll information here that I felt could warrant a thread of its own. I'll also continue to add on if there's any interesting information translated from the Maniax book.

Do note there are endgame spoilers.

Poll Demographic
Approximately 1800 Respondents
Respondent Gender: 51% Female, 49% Male
Age Group: 20s - 56%, 30s - 20%, 10s - 20%, 40s - 3.5%, 50s - 0.5%

And a summary of some of the more interesting results. (Shortened for Length)

Character Polls
Phantom Thieves
1 Joker - 691
2 Makoto - 346
3 Yusuke - 244
4 Futaba - 213
5 Morgana -135
6 Haru - 117
7 Ann - 70
8 Ryuji - 64

Confidants
1 Akechi - 350
2 Tae - 343
3 Sojiro - 279
4 Kawakami -184
5 Toranosuke - 179
6 Hifumi - 150
7 Iwai - 81
8 Sae - 59
9 Mishima - 55
10 Chihaya - 43
11 Igor - 35
12 Shinya - 33
13 Caroline - 31
14 Justine - 27
15 Ohya - 2 (HAH.)

Non-Confidants
Lala Escargot (159 votes)
Lavenza (158 votes)
Shiho Suzui (146 votes)
Masayoshi Shido (80 votes)
Newspaper Club Member (79 votes)
Suguru Kamoshida (64 votes)
Mr. Hiruta (54 votes)
Young Rocker (24 votes)
Mika (18 votes)

Favorite Personas
Phantom Thieves
Arsene (765 votes)
Johanna (369 votes)
Goemon (119 votes)
Carmen (94 votes)
Milady (89 votes)
Captain Kidd (71 votes)
Necronomicon (55 votes)
Zorro (51 votes)

Other Personas
Yoshitsune (186 votes) (The Myth. The Legend.)
Alice (136 votes)
Jack Frost (123 votes)
Loki (109 votes)
Mara (81 votes)
Black Frost (48 votes)
Seth (36 votes)
Neko Shogun (36 votes)

Number of Playthroughs
Cleared the Game 1 Time: 346 votes
Started a 2nd Playthrough: 511 votes (Wait, huh?)
Cleared the Game 2 Times: 137 votes
Started a 3rd Playthrough: 342 votes
Cleared the Game 3 Times: 72 votes
Started a 4th Playthrough: 89 votes
Cleared the Game 4 Times: 33 votes

Favorite Game Scene
Bargaining with Akechi (138 votes)
The Protagonist's fake death plan (125 votes)
Igor's release (84 votes)
Summoning Satanael (84 votes)
Futaba's awakening (82 votes)
Makoto's awakening (71 votes)
Yusuke's awakening (53 votes)
Phantom Thieve's final calling card (52 votes)

Strings

I just don't understand the Akechi love. Even if his early material is pretty good, his late-game stuff is the worst part of the game.

Also, HIFUMI WAS ROBBED!

EDIT: How did Haru beat anyone?

Sandfox

My post in the confidant:

That's pretty much exactly what I expected, though I thought Hifumi would be a spot higher with Sojiro and Kawakami being a toss up.

I just don't understand the Akechi love. Even if his early material is pretty good, his late-game stuff is the worst part of the game.
He's fujoshi bait, the MC's rival, and edgy.

SoulUnison

Banned
Milady is more well-liked than Captain Kidd!?
No. No. People are simply wrong.

Also, LOL @ Futuba apparently having the fan-favorite awakening scene.
I think we all know what that's about.

I really liked Akechi too, I just wish he had a little more time to redeem himself before we last see him. The act itself was good, but it was all so sudden.

Is he definitely dead?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Im not surprised seeing Yoshitsune as top persona. That persona straight up broken for how OP he is.

Might want to spoiler some of the top scenes there.

Also, why is pancake boy so high on the list?

I've already put a spoiler warning in the title and at the very top of the post. I think that should be enough, plus it's a little annoying to see the results if some of it are spoilered.

sungahymn

Neo Member
I really liked Akechi too, I just wish he had a little more time to redeem himself before we last see him.

Is he definitely dead?

if Atlus really wanted Akechi dead, the game would've spelled it out, instead of labelling him as "missing"

It's ingenious really. Give him the redemptive arc in the spinoffs and get more of that muhnay.

Avallon

Also, HIFUMI WAS ROBBED!

EDIT: How did Haru beat anyone?

Hifumi was probably the worst dateble option aside from Haru.

Kyrios

Sae is really low! At least Makoto got 2nd.

Nice that Lala got the top spot for non-confidant characters. My favorite non-confidant as well, great character, should have been a confidant instead of Ohya IMO.

I'll never understand Japan's infatuation with Akechi either.

Hifumi was probably the worst dateble option aside from Haru.

Yeah her "lovers" route was really boring.

Lunar15

Ryuji was robbed.

Everything else is fine though, barring japan's love for tragically psychotic rival characters.

Surprised to see Caroline and Justine so far down the list. And why is Yoshida so high???

And Prometheus is objectively better than Nekronomicon. Who's voting for these things?

How is Haru not last. She is literally the most unnecessary and pointless character in the entire game...maybe the entire series if we are just including party members. She's got the personality of wet cardboard, and has basically 0 plot relevance. She's boring.

Also, LOL @ Futuba apparently having the fan-favorite awakening scene.
I think we all know what that's about.

Kinks aside, I think it's the strongest awakening scene in general because of how it showed her breaking through her mental issues to face her own fears. One of the strongest and most emotionally resonating scenes in the game.

cj_iwakura

Surprised to see Caroline and Justine so far down the list. And why is Yoshida so high???

And Prometheus is objectively better than Nekronomicon. Who's voting for these things?

The polling group was pretty small, so I wouldn't call this indicative of Japan as a whole or anything.

Kinks aside, I think it's the strongest awakening scene in general because of how it showed her breaking through her mental issues to face her own fears. One of the strongest and most emotionally resonating scenes in the game.
Yup, agree with this. Probably the best scene in the entire game, tbh. That entire section was great.

Sandfox

How is Haru not last. She is literally the most unnecessary and pointless character in the entire game...maybe the entire series if we are just including party members. She's got the personality of wet cardboard, and has basically 0 plot relevance. She's boring.

From what I've seen people just straight up hate Ryuji and Ann is ignored.

Opa-Pa

You should thank Ryuji.

Yeah first time I didn't even notice the kinky stuff. I thought the boss was pretty shit but her awakening and the superb background to the whole dungeon in general more than make up for it.

Ultimadrago

Futaba should have been numba 1.

Preach.

I already commented on it in the Confidant thread, but I missed a few of the other lists. I didn't know Alice was quite that popular among Persona. She was my favorite by the time I finished my first play through.
Apparently a lot of New Game+ started as well.

silva1991

Makoto is the best character(not counting protagonist)?

tenor.gif

Sad to see Ryuji at the bottom, but that was to be expected.

I was anticipating him to be the next Yosuke ever since that 2015 trailer and in the end, I liked him less than Stupei..

Fou-Lu

I really liked Akechi too, I just wish he had a little more time to redeem himself before we last see him. The act itself was good, but it was all so sudden.

Is he definitely dead?

I 100% expected him to be in the prison with your other party members after the fake Igor reveal.

Quonny

Ryuji haters are just simpleminded plebs that only see him as a thugish brute and not the caring and loyal friend that he is.

mrmickfran

The disgusting lack of love for the best bro Ryuji.

And of course Yoshitsune takes the top spot. That Hassou Tobi was my savior against the twins.

Top Bottom