• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

For P5, would anyone like to see a return of 'hidden' endings that you probably wouldn't even know exist without a guide?

I'm curious to know how many people got the bad ending of P4 and shelved the game, thinking that was it.

I personally wouldn't want to see that type of really obtuse ending return. It was thematically interesting in P4, but from a gameplay perspective it was kind of annoying. So since P5 is pretty different thematically, a 'hidden' ending would just be annoying. Multiple endings is another story though, and that might be kinda cool.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I personally wouldn't want to see that type of really obtuse ending return. It was thematically interesting in P4, but from a gameplay perspective it was kind of annoying. So since P5 is pretty different thematically, a 'hidden' ending would just be annoying. Multiple endings is another story though, and that might be kinda cool.
Just give me Silent hill 2 endings.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It's not hard to find the game script/social link script and search it for key words like "archery", "bow", etc.

The real dedicated people are the ones who actually wrote the entire script down. >_>
So did you right it down?

Because If you didnt, I guess you arent as big of a fan of P3 as they are./

Sophia

So did you right it down?

Because If you didnt, I guess you arent as big of a fan of P3 as they are./

There is little point to writing down the scripts again when other people have already done so. ;_;

That being said, I am tempted to write down an FES version of the script. There's one for P3, one for P3P Female, one for social links, one for The Answer.... but none of them as far as I know contain the new dialogue added to the main game in P3FES.

For P5, would anyone like to see a return of 'hidden' endings that you probably wouldn't even know exist without a guide?

I'm curious to know how many people got the bad ending of P4 and shelved the game, thinking that was it.

I have a friend who played P4 years ago and got the bad ending. Didn't know it either until we talked about it a few months ago.

There is little point to writing down the scripts again when other people have already done so. ;_;

That being said, I am tempted to write down an FES version of the script. There's one for P3, one for P3P Female, one for social links, one for The Answer.... but none of them as far as I know contain the new dialogue added to the main game in P3FES.

I wouldn't put that past you at all

By the way, were you ever able to complete your write-up on the relations to P3 and the journey of the Fool?

Oh boy, I can't wait for some crushing disappointment on the first day of class.

Hahahahahaha!

But actually, there are some rumors that there will be a Valkyria Chronicles for PS4 possibly announced at TGS. Also, Atlus is listed on the teaser page, so either it's just more Odin Sphere, or we'll be getting news on P5.

While we're talking about TGS, what are you all hoping to see announced on the 15th?

For me it'd have to be:
  1. Persona 5 Release Date Announcements (Worldwide)
  2. Valkyria Chronciles Announcement + Trailer (PS4)
  3. Gravity Rush 1 Remaster Announcement + Trailer (PS4)
  4. Gravity Rush 2 Platform Announcement + Trailer (PS4)

FluxWaveZ

Keep in mind, we already have an official list of what Sega has to show at TGS 2015 (Persona Central post about it a week ago):
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 [Vita, PC]
  • 7th Dragon III Code: VFD [3DS]
  • The World End Eclipse [Vita, PC, iOS, Android]
  • BLADE ARCUS from Shining EX [PS4, PS3]
  • Miracle Girls Festival [Vita]
  • LEGO Jurassic World [3DS, Wii U, PS4, PS3]
  • Criminal Girls 2 [Vita]
  • Yuusha Shisu. [Vita]
  • Steins;Gate 0 [PS4, PS3, Vita]
  • Chain Chronicle [iOS, Android]
  • Chain Chronicle V [Vita]
  • Monster Gear [iOS, Android]
  • Chaos Dragon [iOS, Android]
  • Puyopuyo!! Quest [iOS, Android]
  • Hortensia SAGA [iOS, Android]
  • Sakatsuku Shoot [iOS, Android]
  • Ange Vierge [iOS, Android]
  • Kingdom Conquest II [iOS, Android]
  • Sonic Runners [iOS, Android]
  • Sen-no-kaizoku [iOS, Android]
  • Xuccess Heaven [iOS, Android]
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir [PS4, PS3, Vita]
So it's interesting that they decided to tease the website and not just launch it last week when everyone else was. Just like the other company websites, whatever they have on it doesn't mean that's all they'll have to show at the event.

Weiss

Banned
Hahahahahaha!

But actually, there are some rumors that there will be a Valkyria Chronicles for PS4 possibly announced at TGS. Also, Atlus is listed on the teaser page, so either it's just more Odin Sphere, or we'll be getting news on P5.

While we're talking about TGS, what are you all hoping to see announced on the 15th?

For me it'd have to be:

I just need a Persona 5 release date.

Keep in mind, we already have an official list of what Sega has to show at TGS 2015 (Persona Central post about it a week ago):

So it's interesting that they decided to tease the website and not just launch it last week when everyone else was. Just like the other company websites, whatever they have on it doesn't mean that's all they'll have to show at the event.

Yeah, I'm curious about the website, especially with how prominent the Atlus logo is on it, considering that the only announced game they have is Odin Sphere HD. Maybe they're outright going to confirm, or tease that Persona 5 will be there.

Could just be for stuff like livestream detail too though.

For other things I want/am expecting from TGS:

I guess Danganronpa 3, Ace Attorney 6 footage, Persona 5 date/trailer, a new Atlus game not counting the vanillaware one, World of Final Fantasy, and TWEWY 2.

If Team Maniax's game is the 2017 one, then I guess I could see it being teased this year alongside a smaller announcement, similarly to how EO5 and Persona 5 were announced. But that only really works if it's a major sequel.

Otherwise I think it's a bit early still.

FluxWaveZ

For some reason I thought he said that in early 2015, but I think you're right.

Yeah, one year off:
I think 2014 will be a year of preparation for the Maniax team and I. We’re working here and there on the next title. You won’t be hearing from us for a while, you might think we left office or died. (Laughs)
And he was right; we've heard practically nothing from Team Maniax since then, including Genei Ibun Roku involvement.

If we get a tease for their game this year, I bet it won't be at TGS. I could see an independent stream/event in November like Atlus did on November 24, 2013 (Persona) and November 24, 2014 (Etrian Odyssey), though. I think TGS 2015 will be about Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Vanillaware Project, Persona 5 and Etrian Odyssey V.

Aside: Tomorrow will also be the first showing of the Persona Livehouse Tour concert.

If Team Maniax's game is the 2017 one, then I guess I could see it being teased this year alongside a smaller announcement, similarly to how EO5 and Persona 5 were announced. But that only really works if it's a major sequel.

Otherwise I think it's a bit early still.

I completely forgot about there being something for 2017, in which case that's probably not going to appear at TGS this year. Whatever that game is I hope that it is a console release, P5 coming out so early in this generation has given me high hopes for a nice range of Atlus console RPGs over the course of this generation.

Zolo

Especially since Persona 5 will have regular demons designed which means they might be able to get reused in other SMT-like games.

I stopped checking the community thread because Splatoon borrowed my soul for a while and just realized now, after restarting PQ to go through the other path, it was no longer showing up in my subscriptions. There's been a whole new thread while I've been gone!

Also giving Naoto Impure Reach in PQ breaks the entire game. :D

Musolf815

Hahahahahaha!

For me it'd have to be:
All of that would be incredible. I would totally buy Valkyria Chronicles again, and I've been waiting for anything Gravity Rush since the first one came out.

Of course I'm mainly ready to hear anything about Persona 5.

Oh yeah, in regards to the thread title, I'm gonna hope for 2015 for now and be cautiously optimistic with how Atlus keeps saying as much.

And the banner is very well done, Dantis!

so im playing through the intro to persona 3 portable on my pstv, is the audio levels for ikutsuki suppose to vary quite a bit,? i got a new tv so im justing wondering if its suppose to be like that?

edit: im pretty sure thats normal and not my tv messing with me, since i connected my bluetooth headset to my ps tv and the audio levels were the same as what was being played on my tv

A mini concert? guess that explains the lack of Livehouse Tour that week.

I expect lots of stalling for time, and several Phantom related theatrics.

QuadOpto

So, is there any word on if this part of the event is going to be streamed? And if so, will somebody be setting up a more accessible stream on twitch or something?

Asking because I enjoy reading the cries of incessant whiners calling every moment there isn't P5 "Atlus Trolling".

No livestream announced yet, there almost certainly will be one though.

Someone will probably run a mirror if it's niconico only, which it probably will be, but for the last two major streams, Atlus have also had it set up so you can watch through Persona Channel without needing a nico account.

Setsu00

So, is there any word on if this part of the event is going to be streamed? And if so, will somebody be setting up a more accessible stream on twitch or something?

Asking because I enjoy reading the cries of incessant whiners calling every moment there isn't P5 "Atlus Trolling".

They haven't said anything about it so far, but it was a.) mentioned that more details would follow soon and b.) Isomura and Kajita said there would be a livestream during this year's TGS in the most recent PSC episode as well.

I would imagine that they would at least stream the eventual P5 news, but they might also show some bits and pieces of the concert.

Sophia

The curtains have been drawn for the final act, and the audience awaits their leading man, ready to take their hearts at any moment.....

No livestream announced yet, there almost certainly will be one though.

Someone will probably run a mirror if it's niconico only, which it probably will be, but for the last two major streams, Atlus have also had it set up so you can watch through Persona Channel without needing a nico account.

Yeah very unlikely it'll be nico nico only if it's game related. They'll want the world to see it.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah very unlikely it'll be nico nico only if it's game related. They'll want the world to see it.

I'd be surprised if they established a Twitch or YouTube stream for this.

Edit: Oh that's right, YouTube will be an official media partner for TGS this year. So maybe there'll be a YouTube stream for the event stage from TGS themselves, even if Atlus just has a Niconico stream.

FluxWaveZ

So what's everyone's opinion towards Sony's TGS conference now?

I guess we might see the public reveal of PV2 there.

If anything significantly new for Persona 5 is shown, it'll be at the conference first, not at the TGS show. If nothing new is shown at the SCEJA conference, nothing new is shown at the TGS event.

So what's everyone's opinion towards Sony's TGS conference now?

I guess we might see the public reveal of PV2 there.
My thoughts here still hadn't changed:

New trailer + release date at Sony conference, expanded news/trailer at the 1 hour mini concert.

Sony's conference is still the bigger event that more people will watch, surely it'll have a presence there.
Even though this was the exact thinking for an e3 reveal...

QuadOpto

I'd hope that the PV02 would be revealed at the conference and then something brand new after the concert, after all, they wouldn't be streaming at the show for nothing(If that's when they're streaming).

Or, maybe flopped?

If they play a vocal version of the opening theme, I'd predict them to show the complete opening along with it though.

I also hope that Old Lady will be there.

Top Bottom