• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2016 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT|

Blablurn

teil1headeroqs6j.jpg

• The PES series is celerbating its 20th birthday this year. After many ups and downs it seems like the series has finally found its pace again.
    PES 2015 was the glorious return of the series.
    And 2016 continues right there where the team left off last year. Join us and celebrate 20 years of PES with us.

teil2onj0n.png

teil3featuresn9sxe.png

• Weather: The new Dynamic Weather feature will see the chance of weather changing during the match and improved weather effects
  • Goal Keeper ID: The system will add personality to each keeper and introduces all new parameters: Catching, Clearance, Collapsing and Deflecting.
  • Master League: The fan favourite mode has undergone a complete overhaul and introduces a new Player Transfer system
  • Dynamic Camera: For the first time in the series PES 2016 will include a dynamic camera which will zoom and tilt depending on the ball position.
  • Celebration Control: Players now have full control over goal celebrations! Choose between signature celebrations or unique actions with a press of a button!
  • PS4-PS3 Image Import: Thanks to player feedback, image importing returns to PS4 and PS3 allowing perfect team kit replications and even managers!

teil4piceds0w.png

• Once again the engine was made with Hideo Kojimas Fox Engine.

teil5piclfslr.png

• In-Game Weather Change.

teil6picn8q4t.png

• Full Edit Mode is done. Enjoy corrected kits and team names.

• Check out the latest Trailer.

demolgyag.png

• Available Teams: Bayern München, Juventus, Roma, Corinthians, Palmeiras, France and Germany

teil7emlnw.png

teil63qsd4.png

Caoz

Hyped because of reviews. And master league. And official kit names!

It's been a while to be honest. PS2 a while.

mauaus

Anyone know what i could be doing wrong? I am trying to load up some kits, i put everything in the WEPES folder, my device is detected but once i try to open it i get "loading failed"... I tried both leaving the files with and without folders. I downloaded the kits from pesgaming

gelf

I know the PC version is a "hybrid version" but is there a list of what's missing from the game that the PS4 has. Is the gameplay identical? Is it missing any modes or features?

If its its just a few graphical bells and whistles then I'll likely still go with PC. If its something more important then that I'll go with PS4.

Genio88

I just bought it digital on Xbox One US store, but it doesn't download the game, it just gives me manage option instead of install, and when i select that it just shows a black screen in my download queue...anyone having this problem? Solutions?

sheaaaa

Can anyone find this on US PSN? For PS4. My friend preordered it, I'm searching for it now but can't find it anywhere and trying through the demo doesn't work either.

Un4

PSN just charged me for the pre-order. Doubt i will be touching it this week with The Taken King coming out in a few hours though.

DagsJT

I just bought it digital on Xbox One US store, but it doesn't download the game, it just gives me manage option instead of install, and when i select that it just shows a black screen in my download queue...anyone having this problem? Solutions?

Yep, same here.

mauaus

uugghh pes Launch is always a chore haha just finished the EPL kits, emblems and managers. Cant believe i spent 3 hours on that

Impulsor

I played both demos extensively this past week, with friends and by my self. I'm getting PES this year. Preordered the 20th anniversary edition.

DOn't get me wrong, will not hate on Fifa 16, I enjoyed the demo too but PES just feels quicker, funner and more natural to me. Kind of a visceral feeling.

Maybe it's me but animations and transitions between them seem way smoother on PES than on Fifa, and graphics are better too, dat Fox Engine.

Can't wait for some master league!

uugghh pes Launch is always a chore haha just finished the EPL kits, emblems and managers. Cant believe i spent 3 hours on that

That takes me back.

I remember spending days on end correcting every player's name in the game. Every player. Even the likes of Saudi Arabia who I would never use in a million years. Mental.

Oh how I long for those days.

It's been years since I bought a game anywhere close to release, for anything like full price.

I don't know if I can hold out on the return of the King ...

Edit - Oh, quick question, does PC ver. require online? I was amazed (and instantly turned off) to find PES 15 simply did not function without an internet connection ...

Tainted

Really enjoyed the PES demo on the PS4 (much more than FIFA 16). Will need to read up a bit more on how all that option file / kit importing / etc works...as that's the only thing which normally tips me towards fifa every year (ie the licences)

How does the commentary for instance adapt to team name changes you have made yourself ? I'm guessing the commentary team just doesn't talk about the teams at all, just the players ?

Really enjoyed the PES demo on the PS4 (much more than FIFA 16). Will need to read up a bit more on how all that option file / kit importing / etc works...as that's the only thing which normally tips me towards fifa every year (ie the licences)

How does the commentary for instance adapt to team name changes you have made yourself ? I'm guessing the commentary team just doesn't talk about the teams at all, just the players ?

You can change the team's commentary names, so Liverpool or Arsenal will be said. Well you could in PES 2015. Commentary in PES is generally terrible though so I turn it off altogether.

Kazdane

I know the PC version is a "hybrid version" but is there a list of what's missing from the game that the PS4 has. Is the gameplay identical? Is it missing any modes or features?

If its its just a few graphical bells and whistles then I'll likely still go with PC. If its something more important then that I'll go with PS4.

I haven't read anything about gameplay differences. Going by last year's, it should be just graphical differences (and by the Steam Store description, it looks like that's the case, as it does mention dynamic weather being in, for instance) and those will most likely be improved with mods/option files.

Trickytoon

Neo Member
PES demo this year was great, its good to be back. I never felt cheated by a cheap AI as I have done with the past couple of FIFA editions, hopefully this will continue with the full game.

There's also something endearing about running back into the warm embrace of the Master League....

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is there a consensus yet on what the best option file is yet?Or which one it's likely to be, I used to get my PS3 OF's on a PES fansite, but I never really looked around.

Spades

I thought the demo was a million times better than the FIFA offering this year but unfortunately, without a Clubs mode, there is no way my gaming group will switch over.

Enjoyed PES 2015 more than Fifa 15 last year, and thought 2016 was another stride in the right direction for PES.

All hail the king! For he has returned!

Roufianos

I have no loyalties at all. I've been mainly FIFA since 2008 but PES 2010 and 2012 were great.

I feel like FIFA 15 was less fun to play than 14 and this year's demo seems even worse.

The PES demo's great on the other hand. I've pre ordered it.

Going to be one of the first games I buy digitally on the PS4 - rather than having a physical disc. Sports games are great to be able to chuck on and play - while keeping your main game in the console.

Majukun

gonna go with fifa because i'm gonna get it for free and because konami hates pc gamers and decided to give us half of what they gave to next gen gamers,so I'm not gonna pay full price for that...but still interested in the game

but i hope the referees are not absurd like in the demo.

Feel sorry for the American players, if it is region locked again.

My friend stupidly bought his copy off the US PSN store last year and we could not play each other. He had to buy a UK copy. He also could not even find any games online with the American version.

But this is silly from Konami as a lot of Americans will buy FIFA rather than PES.

PaulLFC

Can't wait, got my copy for just under £30 as well, just hope SimplyGames dispatch today or tomorrow so it gets here slightly ahead of release.

Is there an way to edit players etc. on XB1? Or is that restricted to the PS4?
I think editing of names etc is in, but logos would need to be created the old fashioned PS2 way (pixel by pixel) - image importing is only on PS3 and PS4 for now, seemingly a Microsoft restriction.

panty

I'm actually thinking about jumping ships. Fifa is so damn boring and they've done nothing to upgrade the gameplay.

If and when someone does the badges, logos, names etc can I just download the whole option file or something? Or do I need to download everything one-by-one?

Nyx

I'm actually thinking about jumping ships. Fifa is so damn boring and they've done nothing to upgrade the gameplay.

If and when someone does the badges, logos, names etc can I just download the whole option file or something? Or do I need to download everything one-by-one?

You can download everything in 1 go but you will have to edit every club separately.

Do not quote me on this, but I don't think it's region locked. Simply because my purchase from my US account shows up on EU account. 2015 doesn't.

Yeah, this is wrong.

Top Bottom