• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Beta and Information Thread [Open Beta Live Now]

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So many people online!

If anybody wants to help me S rank the Caves boss in 15 min, I'm on block 23 in the party "neogaf". I wish I could invite NPCs but I have no friends/not sure how, lol
One the side of the launch mission room, the orange 'i' in a circle.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I also heard you can assign yourself and your friends to that board to use them.

I want to do this.
フレンドパートナー or something similar in the visiophone and the first choice after that. Friends' characters are in the second tab in the npc selection window.

Alright so I've finished the tutorial and now I'm in the main lobby area thing trying to figure things out. How can I tell what block I'm in? I'm on ship 2
EDIT: Ok never mind I found the block changer.

So I decided to fight the City boss... at Level 8 Force... all by myself.

I only gotten as far as destroying the first leg. And as time was almost up, I was leg-swept. Literally.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So I decided to fight the City boss... at Level 8 Force... all by myself.

I only gotten as far as destroying the first leg. And as time was almost up, I was leg-swept. Literally.
If you're without a proper team, join some randoms. I've killed my first Dark Ragne in the closed beta days with someone I didn't even know.

Mistle

One the side of the launch mission room, the orange 'i' in a circle.
Oh, so can you do it even if you don't have friends to choose from?

Anyway, it took me quite a few tries, but with the help of some random players we finally cleared the caves boss mission in 15 mins, S rank! We got especially lucky as only one boss enemy appeared instead of two, and we had a team of 3 + 1 NPC.

Onto caves free field...

Does PSO2 usually take a thousand years to start? Just been sitting on a screen with three bars slowly filling up with blue for the past 15 minutes.

Mistle

To be honest, if you're a melee class don't even think of going against the boss only with NPCs. This thing is brutal.
Ranger. I had a team of randoms with me and we took it down fairly easily, but there was a death or two. Was fun!

Question: what's the best way to compare stats when equipping weapons? using the F5 menu, it seems it only compared stats to the currently equipped weapon, so you have to keep going in and out and changing it.

arit

Found red weapon and when I try to equip it the following dialog pops up
Fu6r8.jpg

So those weapons are bound to the account once they are equipped?

Found red weapon and when I try to equip it the following dialog pops up
http://i.imgur.com/Fu6r8.jpg

So those weapons are bound to the account once they are equipped?

You are correct. Anything 7 stars and up, I believe. Not sure if the binding is to your account, or to your character.

Finally got it running.

Promptly switched it off after being bombarded with Japanese text :(

It's not THAT bad. Generally the things you need to click are pretty obvious. Plenty of guides out there too.

It's not being sold anywhere near where I live and since Japan hates paypal I can't even use one for my account, sorry.
But yeah, there's a lv 1 ranger rifle code inside.

It sounds like I have an acquaintance who is willing to buy up the books from Amazon or somewhere. Is anyone else in the US interested in getting these for what will hopefully be less than the highway robbery Play-Asia wants (and less than Amazon wanting $39.21 for shipping one copy directly to me)? I can receive the books and reship from here at cost.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Level 14 and I don't think I will be able to solo this Cave mission :(
Which one? Dragon I'm probably iffy about right now, but the snake head thing I actually crushed on my first try as Hunter.

If you haven't bought a nice wep from player stores that could help you out. Armor is a big deal as well. All my armor is luckily good from drops, but I have a +10 sword I bought for like 40k.

Blueblur1

It sounds like I have an acquaintance who is willing to buy up the books from Amazon or somewhere. Is anyone else in the US interested in getting these for what will hopefully be less than the highway robbery Play-Asia wants (and less than Amazon wanting $39.21 for shipping one copy directly to me)? I can receive the books and reship from here at cost.
Check your PMs.

Okay, enough people expressed interest that I'm going to go ahead and get a few of the books. If you haven't already sent me a PM and want one shipped to you within the US, please do so before 9 AM EDT on 7/1 (Sunday) so I know how many to order! Current estimates based on how many orders I have to take now suggest the cost is going to be around $22 a head - sadly not much less expensive than Play-Asia's asking price, but at least it should arrive faster than their current 5-15d estimate. This could change depending on the total number of orders - sorry about the uncertainty!

ShadiWulf

Are you sharing accounts? Its asking for a key they emailed you

Thanks.

And no, i haven't shared my account with anyone, but now it makes me worried someone might be accessing it somehow, oh well. it's not a huge deal.

I accidentally uninstalled the PSO2 client earlier =/ lol in the start menu, the uninstall button, didn't realize i hit it. So now i gotta wait till the patch is downloaded again. I did get an email with a code, so I'm hoping that works.

Doombear

Thanks.

And no, i haven't shared my account with anyone, but now it makes me worried someone might be accessing it somehow, oh well. it's not a huge deal.

I accidentally uninstalled the PSO2 client earlier =/ lol in the start menu, the uninstall button, didn't realize i hit it. So now i gotta wait till the patch is downloaded again. I did get an email with a code, so I'm hoping that works.

I wouldn't worry. I installed on a second computer and Sega sent me that code because it recognize that I was playing on a different machine. If you got the code you should be all set.

Mistle

Questions...

1) In regards to weapons, does greyed out mean I can't use it yet, but I will be able to at some point? And greyed out with a red X means I'll never be able to use it? What about greyed out, red x, AND a lock next to it? lol
2) i asked before: "what's the best way to compare stats when equipping weapons? using the F5 menu, it seems it only compared stats to the currently equipped weapon, so you have to keep going in and out and changing it."
3) what weapons can Rangers use all together? i have a few partisans and wands but it's a no-go currently (lvl 15). Can casts use wands/magic in this game?
4) is there a way to upgrade how fast you use/drink potions? that'd be a good thing to be able to upgrade.

ANYWAY, I just unlocked the desert area and did the 3 missions. Damn, best area in the game imo. Mainly when you get to desert 2 and 3. The design is pretty awesome and the enemies are interesting too (especially the robot that refuses to die haha. and the shadowy eye thing o_O). Makes me hope for a Mines-esque level!
Can't wait to see what the Metro level looks like.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Questions...

1) In regards to weapons, does greyed out mean I can't use it yet, but I will be able to at some point? And greyed out with a red X means I'll never be able to use it? What about greyed out, red x, AND a lock next to it? lol
2) i asked before: "what's the best way to compare stats when equipping weapons? using the F5 menu, it seems it only compared stats to the currently equipped weapon, so you have to keep going in and out and changing it."
3) what weapons can Rangers use all together? i have a few partisans and wands but it's a no-go currently (lvl 15). Can casts use wands/magic in this game?
4) is there a way to upgrade how fast you use/drink potions? that'd be a good thing to be able to upgrade.

1) and 3) For weapons, each class has the types they can use:
Hunter - Sword, Wired Lance, Partizan, Gunblade
Ranger - Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Gunblade
Force - Staff, Cards, Gunblade
To equip a weapon your main stat (direct damage, shooting damage, magic damage) has to meet weapon's requirement.

2) As for equipping, I click on the equipped weapon I want to compare/switch in the f5 menu (I don't use shortcuts but I guess that's it) and highlight the new one.
4) What? It's almost instant, but there's an animation so that you can't spam it. Not upgradeable.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Also monomates seem faster than dimates which seem faster trimates.

In terms of both start up and recovery time.

Mistle

In the F5 menu for me, even if I click on different weapons, it only compares stats to the the equipped weapon (the row that's highlighted orange)
And hmm, surprising that classes can't use ANY weapons outside their mains. I guess class changing is easier than ever though, so it kind of makes sense. EDIT: Man, of course Hunter gets an extra weapon! lol
And for me, I've died/almost died too many times because of the length it takes to use a Dimate/Trimate. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't previous games instant? I don't mind if there's some delay after youre healed, but the delay before it takes effect can be deadly lol

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
In the F5 menu for me, even if I click on different weapons, it only compares stats to the the equipped weapon (the row that's highlighted orange)
You're right, didn't notice that.

Edit:
New information from Connect!On, you can read them translated om bumped.org.
Here's a sample:
A new field on Planet Naberius called the Tundra.

King Yedi and Yedi
Snow Banshee and Bantha
De Malmoth and Malmoth.

A new field on the Planet Lillipa called the Underground Tunnels (or mines)

シグノビート Signobeat
ガーディナン Gardinan
トランマイザー Tranmizer (transformable)
ビッグヴァーダー Big Vader (Boss) (transformable)*

Tain

Sorry to keep asking what seems like basic stuff, but if I use a disc as a Hunter that teaches me, say, Resta, I can't cast that without being a Force, right?

Just had a weird Vol Dragon emergency code. Periodically while I travelled through Caves 2 I'd hear it roar and the screen would do this weird velocity effect. Caves 2 was also abnormally short, sure enough there was a Vol Dragon at the end of the alternate path.

And then I died cause they also decided to throw a Code Avoid on me at the same time.

Top Bottom